Positive for corona

112,978 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
Ken Adams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome news!

Also, I feel like this when I leave the Politics forums after about 5 minutes

schwabbin
AG
Ballers gon ball
TyHolden
BallerStaf2003
AG
Jock 07 said:

To include the sense of taste? Honestly that's one of the scariest parts. And congrats on shaking the virus. Hope it continues to go well for you.

Slowly coming back. Like 50%
Tramp96
So 10 days total of symptoms?
DeSantis 2024
Mark Fairchild
AG
Midland Memorial Hospital has warned everyone not to handle the gas pump handles. They were finding that a major transmission point. Do not handle bare handed. Just passing this on. One suspected case in Midland.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
brownbrick
AG
Mark you have a link? Would like to spread this info.
jetescamilla
Wearamaskaggie
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

agsalaska said:

Hey so tell me something. My biological father is a truck driver. He got home and he was knocked the **** out. He said it went from a mild headache to his eyelids hurting it was so bad in about twelve hours.

I should say he likely has it. He has all of the symptoms and his doctor, who has been his doctor for a long time, is trying to get him tested. But since he lives kind of in the country and is not critical they have not tested him yet. It is supposed to be happening right now according to my sister at some clinic near Lakeway.

Did it hit you that fast?

Last Friday I woke up and my eyes hurt so bad. It creeped me out. The eye pain last the first three days and then went away. So funny he experienced that too. Such a weird pain.

When I got swine flu as a kid, that was the weirdest thing to me. I had really bad eye pain and I could not understand why. The flu and all that sucked, but the eye pain was absolutely terrible.
Complete Idiot
Just found and read through this thread, very happy to see BallerStaf2003 has turned the corner and seems to be on the back end of this.

One thing that strikes me is the severity of the symptoms - 7 days of fever? Severe eye pain? Loss of appetite , taste and smell? Bowel Issues? I've never had anything close to this, I think the longest I've ever had a fever was 2-3 days when I got H1N1. YET, despite your symptoms, this would still classify as a mild or moderate case I am guessing - because you weren't hospitalized? If I went through what you had it would be by far the worst sickness of my life, yet it will be labeled a mild or moderate case (I'm guessing).

Congrats on your new immunity (again, I'm guessing)!
Pac1698
AG
That's awesome news baller! Prayers for the rest of your team. And thanks again for "journaling" your experience with us.
FriscoKid
AG
Really glad you are doing better. How is the doc doing that is in the ICU?

And, BTW, I hope it wasn't really someone from the politics board that did that to you. Contrary to what is being thrown around, there are a lot of good folks that post there. If they did then it was obviously a chicken-**** thing to do and I wish they could be exposed for it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Congrats to getting better. Also, I'm somewhat jealous. As much as I don't want to get this, having the peace of mind to be done and over with is huge.
HouAggie2007
For every decent person on politics board there is at least 2 that are braindead and 1 that is truly evil
Proposition Joe
Not going to derail the thread any further, I think everyone pretty knows what's what.
TAMU1990
AG
I've heard that scientists will be looking into how antibodies in recovered patients could help find more answers with this virus - please consider looking into these studies.
CS78
BallerStaf2003 said:

Jock 07 said:

To include the sense of taste? Honestly that's one of the scariest parts. And congrats on shaking the virus. Hope it continues to go well for you.

Slowly coming back. Like 50%
Wonder if this is a neurological symptom? Virus attacking the nerve that controls taste?
Aust Ag
AG
So what's next for you? I assume you are now immune? That gives you sort of "superpowers", do you go and volunteer somehow at the hospital?
Complete Idiot
I wonder if BallerStaf2003 would be included in the California stats https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

And as I asked before - what does it take to get labeled "recovered"? The percent of resolved cases ending in death keeps rising on that website, but I wonder if that is because people aren't getting accurately and consistently labeled as recovered or if it takes a month or more to get designated as recovered.
Bruce Almighty
AG
My son woke up to eye pain and I immediately thought of this thread.
cowenlaw
AG
Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

While we've never met, I am praying that you make a quick and full recovery.
SouthTex99
AG
goodAg80
AG
Glad you're doing better
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Baller - Thank you for starting this thread and posting your experience for the rest of to follow. It's actually been one of the most helpful accounts I've seen. Good news that you are getting past it. Your continued updates here are very welcomed and appreciated.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
BuddysBud
AG
Since you cannot Star a staff post, I'll do it this way.
Thanks, Ole for providing this board with great information.
And I would like to also thank Baller for sharing his experience. It has been very informative.
vettmaster99
AG
Get well soon! Baller!
JamesBREI06
AG
Hey brother! I just noticed this thread. Glad it looks like you are on the backside of this.
Whoop!
BallerStaf2003
AG
Thanks Brandon! Hope
You and your family are safe.
Ag12thman
AG
Glad you're better, Baller. The things you shared on this thread are a big help to us all since any one of us and/or members of our family could wind up dealing with the virus ourselves.
Big Al 1992
AG
Great news! Stay well! Also curious if you now have the antibodies to fight against re-infection and if your blood can be donated to be studied. I remember the Ebola doc had his blood analyzed to discover antibodies for future treatments.
GE
AG
So are you like a superhero now? You can basically go back about your normal life without worrying about catching the virus.

If you go back on the job market seems like having had and recovered from the virus would be a serious point in your favor
GuatemalanAg
AG
So happy for you Baller!
I hope you don't mind, I shared your experience with a buddy of mine who is a doctor down here in my native Guatemala. He is encouraged by your outcome and appreciates your insight.
Be safe everybody and God Bless
BallerStaf2003
AG
GE said:

So are you like a superhero now? You can basically go back about your normal life without worrying about catching the virus.

If you go back on the job market seems like having had and recovered from the virus would be a serious point in your favor

I definitely feel it. It's been so nice to feel better and taste food.

Does anyone know how long I'm contagious once symptoms go away?
lazuras_dc
AG
GE said:

The only problem is he could still be a carrier of the virus to others. So I guess you can go out and about but not interact with others unless they've been sick and recovered also ? I don't know what the best approach would be.
lazuras_dc
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

GE said:

I definitely feel it. It's been so nice to feel better and taste food.

Does anyone know how long I'm contagious once symptoms go away?

CDC guidelines say:

Test-based strategy. Exclude from work until
Resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
Improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath), and
Negative results of an FDA Emergency Use Authorized molecular assay for COVID-19 from at least two consecutive nasopharyngeal swab specimens collected 24 hours apart (total of two negative specimens)[1]. See Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
Non-test-based strategy. Exclude from work until
At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and,
At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.