Attention klanhorns (and klanhorn sympathizers who did not actually attend t.u.)

84,517 Views | 838 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
Raggy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hooooolllyyy Shheeettt. This is quite possibly the greatest beatdown in TexAgs history. Wonder how long the klanhorns will keep coming back....

[This message has been edited by Raggy09 (edited 5/30/2010 2:22a).]
The 5200 Acres
AG
quote:
When I am speaking about your separate but completely unequal schools (meaning the two A&Ms) I will write how your protégées would have said it. I am sorry to tell you I can not be a member of the Klan. They don't like my kind.

Again, your school was the poster child for separate but equal in one of the most important civil rights cases in the history of the US Supreme Court. How freaking dense do you have to be to keep pursuing this argument.
GAC06
AG
quote:
When I am speaking about your separate but completely unequal schools (meaning the two A&Ms) I will write how your protégées would have said it. I am sorry to tell you I can not be a member of the Klan. They don't like my kind.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

pro·té·gé   /ˈproʊtəˌʒeɪ, ˌproʊtəˈʒeɪ/ Spelled[proh-tuh-zhey, proh-tuh-zhey]
–noun
a person under the patronage, protection, or care of someone interested in his or her career or welfare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1780–90; < F, n. use of ptp. of protéger to protect < L prôtegere. See protect
GAC06
AG
Poor USMChorn. You are falling into your own trap. We are obviously racists for calling you racists because racists crave attention but now you are giving it to us with your long poorly thought out post, meaning that you are actually even more racist. But now I responded so I am the racist again. Right? Please respond.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
Keep up the good work deflecting, you do realize every time you bring up something like this that it just reminds everyone about your very stereotype. Let it go and quit trying to prove yourselves as accepting. I believe most of you are and don't need the proof.

I believe Dr. Irony needs to weigh in on this post.

Also love how the klanhorns are spending their entire weekend researching every little fact about A&M so they can come blimp on this thread.

13 0 Branding Iron
AG
quote:
reminds everyone about your very stereotype
You mean like naming your stadium DKKKR?

Or repeatedly defacing the MLK statue?

Or naming dormitories after racist founders of the Ku Klux Klan?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
^
|
|
+1

Did USMCklanhorn just try to play the "everybody is doing it" card?

A History Of Violence
AG
quote:
Keep up the good work deflecting, you do realize every time you bring up something like this that it just reminds everyone about your very stereotype. Let it go and quit trying to prove yourselves as accepting. I believe most of you are and don't need the proof.

tu has:
- a dorm named after a Klan founder
- an arena named after Frank Erwin, who fought integration
- a racist law professor on current faculty
- 4 Confederate icon statues
- a history of defacing an MLK statue
- a football stadium named after an Okie coach who was the last SWC coach to integrate

To argue, deny or spin any of those facts is massive deflection, stupidity and obsession.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
Let it go and quit trying to prove yourselves as accepting.

My vote for irony post of the year.

Oh and AHOV just shot down every ****ing klanhorn blimp launched in this thread.

[This message has been edited by BQ_90 (edited 5/30/2010 11:30a).]
USMChorn
I am not trying to prove anything about myself. I have nothing to prove. You would understand that if you have ever seen me. Don't assume who or what I am. What I am trying to say is, you continue to point out things that you will find everywhere. This does not make you any less or any more racist. I am not calling you racist, that is completely up to you and how you perceive yourself. What I am saying is, this is ignorant.
It does not change A&Ms image at all nor does it change the image of UT. Except, in the eyes of those who truly want to find their own faults in others. If that is you or not I do not know.
aggie1944
quote:
you continue to point out things that you will find everywhere

All universities have buildings named after KKK founders?

quote:
I am not calling you racist

quote:
That is what Prairie View is for, to get rid of the undesireables. Keep the coloreds down at Prairie View and keep the white closeted milkmen in College Station

[This message has been edited by aggie1944 (edited 5/30/2010 1:55p).]
AggieDPT
AG
512 got a hole the size of all the crosses burnt by klanhorns torn in his ass.
AggieBand2004
AG
I knew Marines were the dumbest of our brave service men/women, but why does this guy go out of his way to prove it?
A History Of Violence
AG
Texas Southern was formed to keep blacks out of tu's law school.
Happy Kuykendahl
t-shirts getting all bent out of shape trying to prove tu isn't racist
GAC06
AG
quote:
I knew Marines were the dumbest of our brave service men/women, but why does this guy go out of his way to prove it?

Aggieband, you may have just won the title of the dumbest post in this thread of dumbass posts. Great job

[This message has been edited by GAC06 (edited 5/30/2010 11:09p).]
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
USMCklanhorn is proving AggieBand right!!!

BillYeoman
Klanhorns.....that is the funniest things I have heard....
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
Aggieband, you may have just won the title of the dumbest post in this thread of dumbass posts. Great job

What can I say? I was Air Force contract
GAC06
AG
Well the military isn't for everyone
AggieBand2004
AG
The reason I didn't get to commission is not something I had a choice about, and it won't be discussed here.
And that still doesn't change the fact that the Marines have always been viewed that way.
I'm sorry if you got offended by a very common joke. One that my Marine friends from my Corps days usually tell, themselves.
A History Of Violence
AG
It's shortly after 10 a.m., Memorial Day, 2010 and
* tu still has a dorm on campus named after a KKK founder
* it's still got a racist law professor on the current faculty
* the arena is still named after a school icon who fought integration
* the stadium is still named after the last SWC coach to integrate his team
* there are still 4 Confederate 'neck statues on campus
* the MLK statue on campus is a target of vandalism by the Klanhorns.

Lynch 'em, Klanhorns.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
Do they have all-white units in case any klanhorns want to join?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG

A History Of Violence
AG
GAC06
AG
quote:
The reason I didn't get to commission is not something I had a choice about, and it won't be discussed here.

I didn't know you didn't commission, I was joking that if someone doesn't like the military then the air force is a good option.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Knock off the service branch pissing match. Let's remember what is more important. Namely:

redassag12
AG
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Klanhorns&defid=4998158

"You win some, you lose some, and you wreck some"-Dale Earnhardt

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway"-John Wayne

A History Of Violence
AG
Buy one of these for your tsip friends. (Make sure they realize that it's a joke, not a gay come-on)

TefIon Don
AG
Jesus this thread is ALLSOME
Saxsoon
AG
Can someone link this thread to whornfans and shagbevo?
Redass13
MidnightBevo
quote:
none of your links work you chode

Weird. Each of those links are adding “http://%20http//”

I’ve never had that happen before. Cut and paste if you’d like:
www.tamu.edu/gaines/sb276.html
www.thebatt.com/2.8485/professor-cites-racism-in-university-s-history-1.1201657
www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-6772237.html

quote:
And with that, you rendered your own essay/blimp on Coke meaningless.

The reference to Coke wasn’t because he was a Confederate general. It was because as Governor he publicly called for lynching blacks. If you honestly think naming a building after him in the 50’s long after he was dead and propping him up as the “Father of A&M” when he had little to do with A&M other than speaking at its opening had nothing to do with racial sentiments of 1950’s Texas you are retarded.

And if you read the end of my post you would see that I think all this renaming/tearing down monuments stuff is crap. Our history is our history. Don’t try and white wash it(insert joke here).

quote:
Objection, relevance.

Nothing in the diatribe posted by Midnight Klanhorn proves that A&M has a single building named after a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

So supporting the lynching of black people is only racist if you are member of the Klan? Otherwise it’s A-OK? Gotcha.

quote:
Even Midnight Tolstoy can't blimp this away.

Not blimping. Just pointing out that we both(and most southern schools of any note) have buildings, statues, etc. bearing the names of racists, slave owners, etc. And that talk of removing them is dumb.

quote:
quote:
Of course they would not put a statue of a black person on campus. That is what Prairie View is for, to get rid of the undesireables. Keep the coloreds down at Prairie View and keep the white closeted milkmen in College Station. Separate but equal does not mean they are racist.

And for today's episode in great moments in Klanhorn history I give you Sweatt vs. Painter.

The case involved a black man, Heman Marion Sweatt, who was refused admission to the School of Law of the University of Texas. At the time, no law school in Texas would admit blacks. To try and comply with separate but equal Texas Southern was opened. The Klanhorns lost the case because Texas Southern was so inferior.

Theophilus Shickel Painter was the President of the University and thus the named defendant in the case.

T.S Painter Hall

http://www.utexas.edu/maps/main/buildings/pai.html

Learn the history of your own university before you start throwing that separate but equal crap around.

And Prarie View A&M exists because the founders of A&M didn’t want black students at A&M but couldn’t get the Morrill Grant money unless they also provided education to black students. That was the point of his statement. All of our Universities used to be populated and run by racists, so did our state government.

Painter Hall only convinces me more that you shouldn’t take any old names/monuments away. You can trace the progress(sometimes by outside force) of the University through the statues and buildings on campus. It is monument to the enlightenment that took place.

quote:
Or repeatedly defacing the MLK statue?

Do you have any evidence this was done UT students or faculty?

quote:
tu has:
- a dorm named after a Klan founder and you have one named after a governor who promoted lynching
- an arena named after Frank Erwin, who fought integration You hade to build 2 universities just so you could exist without black studentsp
- a racist law professor on current faculty Not sure who you are referencing
- 4 Confederate icon statues You also have Confederate Stautes
- a history of defacing an MLK statue No evidence this was done by UT students or staff
- a football stadium named after an Okie coach who was the last SWC coach to integrate no matter how many times you say it this won’t be true. Both UT and A&M had their 1st black players in 1967 four years after Gene Stallings said integrating at A&M would cause “disunity”(good thing A&M has distanced itself from Stallings). UT recruited its first on scholarship a year later(Whittier). He was on the team that won the 1969 title but freshman weren’t allowed to play then. The other SW team we beat to win that title was all white Arkansas.

quote:
All universities have buildings named after KKK founders?

Most Universities in the south of any age have things named after or built for racists and slave owners. Including the ones named after the founders of this country.

quote:
Texas Southern was formed to keep blacks out of tu's law school.

Yes. All our schools have racist pasts. I’d bet my salary the “N” word used to be a common term in everyday conversation on both. Shocking.

quote:

They didn’t ask…you shouldn’t have told…(sorry BIL is a Marine that just made it back safe!)
Hood
AG
What an epic thread...
The 5200 Acres
AG
quote:
Painter Hall only convinces me more that you shouldn’t take any old names/monuments away. You can trace the progress(sometimes by outside force) of the University through the statues and buildings on campus. It is monument to the enlightenment that took place.

Maybe you should keep separate but equal restroom facilities in these particular buildings to emphasize the "enlightenment". I would think changing the name and keeping a plaque at the entrance describing the need for the name change would be a better monument to the enlightenment. But, knock yourself out. Continue to embrace your past.

Just when you think this thread is done, it just keeps giving and giving.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.