Attention klanhorns (and klanhorn sympathizers who did not actually attend t.u.)

84,470 Views | 838 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
BarnacleScraper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a battered poster syndrome?
Mr. Fancy Pants
quote:
It's a system that, when graphed, always approaches zero, but never quite gets there.

This is (of course) not strictly correct. Playing the technicality card over and over, and then ****ing up a technicality yourself, makes you look pretty stupid.

hth
Harry Stone
AG
quote:
you're making some headway

much more headway than tu has in the last 55 years changing the name of a dorm from a KKK founder to someone a little more tolerable of racism.
Five1Two
Ted,

can you actually read the English language? I bolded the important parts so you wouldn't have to wait for another poster to "summarize" it for you.

Still too much?

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/1/2010 11:15a).]
BoyNamedSue
http://www.thebatt.com/2.8485/professor-cites-racism-in-university-s-history-1.1201657

quote:
Texas A&M's history, characterized by anger, arrogance and silence

quote:
Coleman's presentation traced the history of secret societies at A&M, including the Ku Klux Klan

So you guys had Klansmen on campus and in their hoods with their pictures tkaen in your own yearbook!
quote:
The KKK existed at a time when A&M was a military school, Coleman said, and there is no way of knowing how many secret societies there were or how long they existed. The only documented evidence is a picture of students, dressed in KKK robes and masks, from the 1906 yearbook.

25 The Long Horn, 46 vols., vol. 3 (College Station: A&M College of Texas, 1906).

And how about this little club you had back in the 20's - the Kream and Kow Klub?

26 "Kream and Kow Klub Consider Inspection Trip," The Battalion, November 20 1920.

And as for Coke
quote:
"Coke heralded the onset of Southern redemption of reconstruction efforts, and he publicly advocated lynching of blacks,"

And what did you do for your first starting black football player, Hugh McElroy, students burned a cross on the lawn outside his dormatory!

Ted Logan
AG
wait...so 2 people were lynched for stealing cattle? I believe that happened quite a bit during the 19th century and it wasn't just to black people. You and MB make this out to be a hate crime due to racism. Your own quote says it was for stealing cattle. You sound like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton always trying to bring race into the problem when it is something else all together.
Harry Stone
AG
i love how klanhorns are trying to prove that the kkk existed at A&M. WE ALL KNOW THAT. what we are laughing about is that the liberal, 'racially tolerable' university of texas is just as guilty as A&M, yet for decades sips all over continually call aggies hilbilly racist rednecks.
Five1Two
quote:
You and MB make this out to be a hate crime due to racism. Your own quote says it was for stealing cattle. You sound like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton always trying to bring race into the problem when it is something else all together.
Well, no. Apparently the author of the Battalion article wants to make it out to be a hate crime. Take it up with him.
Mr. Fancy Pants
Poor CaptainBevo. Lawyers should really avoid running math smack.
Five1Two
quote:
Playing the technicality card over and over, and then ****ing up a technicality yourself, makes you look pretty stupid.
1. The definition of asymptote is entirely correct. No "high school algebra" for you, I take it?

2. What previous "technicality" are you referring to?

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/1/2010 11:19a).]
BMEDAggie11
1: This...

quote:
Wow. Are any of you familiar with the mathematical concept of the asymptote? (Of course you aren't).

It's a system that, when graphed, always approaches zero, but never quite gets there.

Is technically incorrect. You could **** up a wet dream.

2: The ONLY references ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET to Richard Coke being a racist is that Battalion article and a single paragraph in a book by a no-name race-baiting author

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=i%3Astripbooks%2Cp_27%3AJames%20M.%20Smallwood&field-author=James%20M.%20Smallwood&page=1

There are, however, numerous hits on every search engine regarding Richard Coke being a proponent of civil rights
Mr. Fancy Pants
quote:
1. The definition of asymptote is entirely correct.

No it's not. The fact that you don't understand why it's not is pretty ****ing funny.
Five1Two
Good God. You literally cannot read, can you?

I asked what previous technicality he was referring to.
Five1Two
Well, find me a link that proves that it's wrong.

Sorry, no printed material. Google only.
Mr. Fancy Pants
We should lock this dork and BLK together in a room for 72 hours with a camera to record the experience.
Mr. Fancy Pants
quote:

Have you figured out why this is wrong yet?
Five1Two
Er . . . no.
"In analytic geometry, an asymptote of a curve is a line such that the distance between the curve and the line approaches zero as they tend to infinity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymptote

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/1/2010 11:25a).]
Five1Two
How can so many of you be so wrong about so much, so often? Do you practice at it?
AggieBand2004
AG
Like clockwork, 512 fires his Wikipedia Ray
BMEDAggie11
quote:
1. The definition of asymptote is entirely correct

In geometry, an asymptote is a tangent line to a curve at infinity
AggieBand2004
AG
You guys leave him alone. He just wanted to use the word asymptote to sound intelligent.
Mr. Fancy Pants
That is the correct definition.

It's also not what you originally posted.

Do you not understand the difference between " system that, when graphed, always approaches zero, but never quite gets there" and the wiki definition?
AggieBand2004
AG
"****. I'm getting my ass kicked at this racism stuff... I better change the subject!"
BMEDAggie11
Then of course there are vertical asymptotes

[This message has been edited by BMEDAggie11 (edited 6/1/2010 11:29a).]
Five1Two
quote:
Like clockwork, 512 fires his Wikipedia Ray
You are totally making my day! This, just fifteen minutes after another poster refused to believe anything that he couldn't find in a ten-second google search.

So which is it? Internet = always right, or not?
Mr. Fancy Pants
Check out the sweet false dichotomy on Brad!
Five1Two
BMED,

vertical asymptotes, you say? And what number, vertically speaking, would that line approach, as it trends toward infinitiy?

A. Nine
B. Seventeen
C. Four Hundred Six
D. Zero
E. Christina Michael

(hint: it's either D or E)
AggieBand2004
AG
Unless the poster is sitting in a library or has access to a Lexis Nexis, Google's about as good as someone can do for finding a book or publication.

If a poster is dumb enough to spout off an incorrect definition in an attempt to sound smart and gets called out on it, that poster might want to link somewhere other than Wikipedia.

If you can't see the difference between the two, then you're apparently as dumb as you are coming across to everyone.
TefIon Don
AG
quote:
Er . . . no.
"In analytic geometry, an asymptote of a curve is a line such that the distance between the curve and the line approaches zero as they tend to infinity."

Dumbass...the line does not have to approach zero to be an asymptote
Five1Two
quote:
Do you not understand the difference between " system that, when graphed, always approaches zero, but never quite gets there" and the wiki definition?
You should go ahead and delete that. Maybe nobody saw it. God knows most of them probably haven't read it.
Five1Two
quote:
Dumbass...the line does not have to approach zero to be an asymptote

Oh. My. God.

Somebody help him.
Mr. Fancy Pants
So you're saying you don't understand the difference. It's cool, I won't tell anyone.
Ronnie
AG
quote:

This is the guy who has tried for the past 4 days to prove tu's prof wasn't a klan member despite the plain evidence. He obviously has reading comprehension problems.
Mr. Fancy Pants
By the way, this whole page just goes to show that you can draw lawyers offsides about literally ANYTHING, even if they don't have any idea what they're talking about. They just like to argue.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Fancy Pants (edited 6/1/2010 11:35a).]
AggieBand2004
AG
512, did it tingle when they put Abby Normal's brain in that lumpy mass of ugly you call a skull?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.