Attention klanhorns (and klanhorn sympathizers who did not actually attend t.u.)

84,488 Views | 838 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
Five1Two
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
You deal with quotes, where are the facts.
Okay. First, you show me your proof that Simkins was a member of the Klan.
Ted Logan
AG
Is there something in the 1876 constitution stating black men can't own land? can't vote? can't own business'? can't go to school?

come on, give me an example of what rights the constitution took away
agswin350
poooooooooor klanhorns

Five1Two
Here's what I suggest you do: find you a classroom where the textbook (no doubt fully approved and sanctioned by the Texas Board of Education) is being taught, and when the get to the unit on the Constitution of 1876, raise your hand and call shenanigans. Ask for proof. Ask exactly which rights were abrogated.
Frankie T
quote:
I've never, ever seen somebody so content on blimping. Blue star for you klanhorn 512

He's either the klanhorn version of Fran's publicist that used to blimp and counter-troll texags, he's an 11 year old that's board after passing 4th grade, or he's Simkins grandson.
Five1Two
You got that proof of Simkins' Klan affiliation yet? Sorry, no "quotes" accepted.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Simkins is a Klanhorn
The University itself is weighing whether or not to change the name
There's a whole article on the things Klanhorn Simkins did and said

99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Simkins was a mask-wearing, night-riding Klansman. In his own words: “Most of our service was performed at night and on horseback and not by rail. . . . The immediate effect upon the negro was wonderful, the flitting to and fro of masked horses and faces struck terror to the race, and any belated negro on the road at night who saw us coming never stood on the order of his going.”

Do you want my interpretation of what Simkins meant by this statement?

Frankie T
quote:
You got that proof of Simkins' Klan affiliation yet? Sorry, no "quotes" accepted.

So now you have moved from arguing technicalities back to renouncing historical facts and saying that he had no klan affiliation? Wow!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kkk+simkins
Detective Bannable
^

That could sound any more like a racist klanhorn founder
Five1Two
Sorry. Ted said we can't take quotes. I don't exactly know what other kinds of proof one might be inclined to accept . . . but I guess he does.
Hood
AG
University of Texas racist William Simpkins
Five1Two
Hoodlum,

did aTm have any problems keeping blacks out of women's classes after Brown?
Hood
AG
Is this some sort of "well you did it too" argument, you racist little b*tch?

Because this would be expected, you see. From one racist lawyer (Simkins) to another (fivehundredtwelve)...

You poor pathetic Klanhorn.
Five1Two
quote:
So now you have moved from arguing technicalities back to renouncing historical facts and saying that he had no klan affiliation? Wow!
You cannot be serious. You must be joking.

Obviously I don't deny that Simkins was a member of the Klan. But since Ted finds it convenient to dismiss numerous sources as "unreliable" unless and until I actually lead him by the nose to the underlying facts, I thought I'd try the same tactic.

If it seems like a stupid, infantile argument of last resort, take it up with Ted. It was his idea. I'm just trying to play by his rules.
Five1Two
quote:
Is this some sort of "well you did it too" argument, you racist little b*tch?
Wow. Did you just get angry there for a second, princess?

But, to answer your question, no. It was more a comment on the fact that at the time of Brown, there weren't any women at College Station's Flagship of Equality and Tolerance.

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/3/2010 1:27p).]
TefIon Don
AG
Jesus, 512 appears to be the dumbest poster this board has seen in a while. And that's saying a lot..
AggieBand2004
AG
Which is going to die first, this thread or 512?
Is it too bad to be hoping they make it a quick tie?
OKG2000
AG
512, why havent you responded to 99's most recent quote from the orignal klanhorn himself?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Sorry. Ted said we can't take quotes. I don't exactly know what other kinds of proof one might be inclined to accept . . . but I guess he does.

We never said quotes are unacceptable. We only said that your interpretation of the quotes is unacceptable.

Find as many Coke quotes as you can. Go for it!!!

AND YOU said that being a member of the klan automatically makes one a racist. YOU said, repeatedly, (and even make snide remarks about how you have said repeatedly) that you don't deny Simkins was a founding member of the klan. Are you now backtracking?

Ted Logan
AG
okay I'm back, seems a lot has gone on... The internet is wonderful, you can actually look things up!!!

quote:

So to meet this saturnalia of crime and insolence; to suppress this volcano on which our women and children were nightly sleeping; to meet the military feature of this Loyal League, arose the "Invisible Empire." It was demanded for our safety and essential to our peace. In its organization and operation each state acted independently, and I can only speak of its organization and operation in Florida with which I was connected. Florida was more fortunately situated than other states to facilitate the operation of the Klan. The railroad from Tallahassee to Gainesville passed through the center of the black belt where we were most needed, and the conductors, engineers, and telegraph operators, being mostly Southern young men in hearty sympathy with us, never hesitated to carry out our orders when such services were needed, either for the dispatch of orders or the transportation of men. Our particular organization policed the counties of Jefferson, Madison, Taylor, and as far east as Columbia county, which comprise the heart of the black belt in Florida. Most of our service was performed at night and on horseback and not by rail. Our plan was never to work men in the county of their residence; the masked flitters of the night were always brought from other counties that the ready alibi might always be in evidence. The dawn of day [741] was the hour to disperse and no two must be seen together after daylight. We worked, of course, upon the fears and superstitions of the negroes, performing before their cabins at night apparently supernatural stunts. The immediate effect upon the negro was wonderful, the flitting to and fro of masked horses and faces struck terror to the race, and any belated negro on the road at night who saw us coming never stood on the order of his going. The spirit of "dem Ku Kluxers," as they called us, guarded the roads at night; in a word, the night prowlers now were satisfied to remain at home.

This is his words, in THIS from the Alcade (the Univeristy of Texas Alumni paper) in 1916.

Will you accept his own admission?
Frankie T
512 will still find some word to twist and claim a technicality that Simkins isn't connected with the KKK or a racist.
Five1Two
Frankie, I'm not sure you're at all qualified to be part of this conversation. Last I checked, you still think I said Sul Ross was a Klansman.

I've acknowledged on a number of occasions that Simkins was (a) a Klansman and (b) a racist whackjob. If my application of Ted's "no quotes/only the facts" premise (seeking to invalidate any number of textbooks, archival collections, and historical works) seems stupid and inapposite, it's because it is. Sorry, Ted. Everybody thinks your argument sucks.

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/3/2010 1:53p).]
Hunt Texas
holy ****, i don't think 512 could get any more worked up! Chill.The.****.Out.Dude
Ted Logan
AG
my argument? what do you mean?

so far the only "proof" you have is an someone attributing a belief to Gov. Coke, surely, that person would have some reason to back it up, right?

My point about quotes is that you aren't citing any facts. For instance, Ii I go say that Obama hates black people, that doesn't make it true unless there is something to back it up.
Five1Two
quote:
We never said quotes are unacceptable. We only said that your interpretation of the quotes is unacceptable.
In fact, that is exactly what he said. I linked him to a textbook that states, in the plainest English, that Coke and other conservative Democrats sought to undo the Reconstruction Constitution because they were not happy about the rights that it granted to blacks. Ted's reply, after much deliberation, was, and I think I'm quoting here, "which rights?"

I can't make this up. It's all right there in the thread.
Ted Logan
AG
George Washington despised Hugo Chavez and that was the basis he declared war on Japan.

There, I said it, it is now published on the internet, therefore it must be true. Right 512?
Five1Two
quote:
George Washington despised Hugo Chavez and that was the basis he declared war on Japan.

There, I said it, it is now published on the internet, therefore it must be true. Right 512?
Whoa! Look at you go! I see what you did there. Word of advice: be careful. If you try to illustrate a point by anything but the most literal means available, this crowd will miss it entirely, and will break their necks jumping on the straw man.

But. One more time. Just for fun. Because I've become so, so used to repeating myself to all of you: in the very textbook to which I linked, and upon which you relied as "proof" that Coke was a "good man," please consider the follwing (since, somehow, you have managed--repeatedly--to miss it): "HOPING TO ELIMINATE ALL TRACES OF RECONSTRUCTION AND OVERTURN REPUBLICAN SUCCESSES ON BEHALF OF BLACKS, CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS DEMANDED A NEW CONSTITUTION AIMED AT RESTORING STATES' RIGHTS. IN 1875, COKE CALLED FOR A CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION."

Do you contend that this textbook, commissioned and sanctioned by the state of Texas, and (presumably) widely distributed to our institutions of public learning, is incorrect? Was it, perhaps, published with the actual intent of assasinating Governor Coke's character, and that of the other framers of the Constitution of 1876?

(And how about your previous argument that the Constitution could not possibly have been premised on racist principles, since it still exists today? Would you care to revise that?)

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/3/2010 2:14p).]
goodAg80
AG
512-

Thanks for keeping this thread at the top of the list. Good work!
BMEDAggie11
This thread just keeps on giving
Ted Logan
AG
First, it was not the textbook you cited that I used as "proof" Coke was a good man. It was his actions as governor that were from this
Link.

Second, I said there is nothing in the constitution that indicates it is based on racist principles. you haven't found anything in it to back up your claim, have you?

Third, I don't know what to think about that textbook. There has been a lot of discussion, especially this year, about how the state board arbitrarily decides what goes in or stays out of textbooks. I do not own this book so I can't reference it or see where they got there information. That is why we have been looking for FACTS that can be backed up. If I had the book, I would look at the source of their information, or if it is just conjecture.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
"HOPING TO ELIMINATE ALL TRACES OF RECONSTRUCTION AND OVERTURN REPUBLICAN SUCCESSES ON BEHALF OF BLACKS, CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS DEMANDED A NEW CONSTITUTION AIMED AT RESTORING STATES' RIGHTS. IN 1875, COKE CALLED FOR A CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION."

How you glean racism from that is beyond any reasonable person. Let's break this down, shall we?

Hoping. Who was hoping? -- Conservative Democrats
Hoping for what? -- to overturn "success" on behalf of blacks
What success? -- ______________________
Demanded. Who? Conservative Democrats
Demanded what? A new constitution
Called. Who called? -- Coke
What did he call? -- A Constitutional Convention

So, Coke is a racist because his party demanded a new constitution and he call for a convention.

Dems hate black rights ---> Demand new constitution ---> Coke calls a convention ---> Coke is a racist.

6 degrees of Kevin Bacon mean anything to you klanhorns?

Ted Logan
AG
and by the way, I don't think that textbook was commissioned by the state of texas.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61102/m1/51/?q=natural%20followers%20that%20a%20sip
This page, by my interpretation, pretty much tells you what Coke was thinking. He was very careful and measured in his approach to altering the constitution.

[This message has been edited by 99 Luftballoons Ag (edited 6/3/2010 2:34p).]
Frankie T
quote:
Last I checked, you still think I said Sul Ross was a Klansman.

No lying, blimping retard. Stop constantly making stuff up. You said because he was a Confederate soldier there is no difference between him and a founder of the KKK. Then you went back to refuting Simkins was part of the KKK and demanding proof.

Not only are you an imbecile, but you're a liar. Pretty sure other klanhorns hate you on here trying to represent tu.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.