Attention klanhorns (and klanhorn sympathizers who did not actually attend t.u.)

84,508 Views | 838 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
Five1Two
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Wow....I've never seen an anus raping like 512 has received on this thread. Well done gents.
I don't know what's worse: that you've been witness to enough "anus rapings" to have formed a basis for comparison, or that you actually believe that your fellow Aggies' failure of basic reasoning and reading comprehension somehow equals "win."
David_Puddy
AG
512 - The French Army called with a word of advice...

4 TTech
This thread continues to deliver
BMEDAggie11
So tu has a dorm named after a klansman, monuments to multiple conferedate figureheads on campus, a football stadium named after a coach who thought blacks were too dumb to win with, a basketball arena named after an outspoken opponent of integration, has problems with people defacing an MLK statue, but WE'RE the racist ones because 3 students made a video in black face once
AggieBand2004
AG
512 wears a Buck Burnette jersey to football games.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
So tu has a dorm named after a klansman, monuments to multiple conferedate figureheads on campus, a football stadium named after a coach who thought blacks were too dumb to win with, a basketball arena named after an outspoken opponent of integration, has problems with people defacing an MLK statue, but WE'RE the racist ones because 3 students made a video in black face once

Very nice summation.
Kooch 3:16
AG
Agreed. BMED just assume the role of "summation guy" on all complicated, extremely long threads henceforth. Very well done.
BarnacleScraper
AG
wow, somebody make sure 512's dental records are intact. The pathologist is gonna need them.
Five1Two
quote:
Agreed. BMED just assume the role of "summation guy" on all complicated, extremely long threads henceforth. Very well done.
Complicated? Really? At what point did you lose track?

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/1/2010 10:14a).]
Harry Stone
AG
klanhorns is not old yet.
BMEDAggie11
I lost interest around the time MB started comparing Richard Coke to a klan founder
Five1Two
Ah. So you "lost interest" at about the point where your hypocrisy became too obvious to be ignored?

Convenient.

Not intelligent, but convenient.
BMEDAggie11
You are really ****ing stupid
Ted Logan
AG
So.....I have been looking up Governor Coke on the interweb.

Funny thing...I can't find anything about him supporting lynchings anywhere. I did find several passages about him always having a bible on hand and other good things to say about him. Will Midnight Bevo or 512 please cite some sources other than the one Battalion article? I am not saying he the author of that article is wrong, but if he was so well known for his support of lynchings, how come I can't find anything.

I did find one source where he was a US Senator and was talking to the senate about a lynching in Washington County. He acknowledged that there was a problem, but said it was not because of race. This is the only thing I can find about lynchings. It doesn't sound to me like he supports it when he acknowledges the problem.
BMEDAggie11
Fighting for the confederacy = Klan founder
Ted Logan
AG
oh, and by the way, the State of Texas created the separate but equal university of Prairie View A&M under the Morrill Act.
Mr. Fancy Pants
Smells like CaptainBevo in here. Remember that dork?
Five1Two
quote:
So.....I have been looking up Governor Coke on the interweb.

Funny thing...I can't find anything about him supporting lynchings anywhere. I did find several passages about him always having a bible on hand and other good things to say about him. Will Midnight Bevo or 512 please cite some sources other than the one Battalion article? I am not saying he the author of that article is wrong, but if he was so well known for his support of lynchings, how come I can't find anything.
You could start with the book cited in the Battalion article.
Five1Two
quote:
Fighting for the confederacy = Klan founder
Who said that?
Ted Logan
AG

sorry, nothing comes up when I search for coke, lynching, 1906 yearbook, longhorn or even Coleman's "Strategies of a Black Intellectual"

You are making the accusations...find a quote or source.
Harry Stone
AG
wow, 512 REALLY REALLY hates 'klanhorns'
Mr. Fancy Pants
He seems to be quite the expert on the Battalion though, much like our dearly departed CaptainBevo.
Harry Stone
AG
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the argument here is not that A&M doesn't have racists, it's the fact sips continually call us racist rednecks, all while having a building named after a KKK founder. that is some thick irony.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But we haven’t had 2 Clan Rallies since Branding Iron was riding the pine…

MB, i don't think you got my point.
Ted Logan
AG
I just found Coleman's book "Strategies of a Black Intellectual" that is sited in the Battalion article and there is no reference of Governor Coke in it at all.

The book

edit..apparently there is a bad word Texags doesn't like somewhere in the link

[This message has been edited by Ted Logan (edited 6/1/2010 11:00a).]
BMEDAggie11
Looks like someone is full of ****
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
I don't know what's worse: that you've been witness to enough "anus rapings" to have formed a basis for comparison, or that you actually believe that your fellow Aggies' failure of basic reasoning and reading comprehension somehow equals "win."

Oh, please, Captain Logic!!! Explain it to us. We're just a bunch of dipsheets, right? Surely, a man of your profound wisdom can explain where we went wrong!

Which points are incorrect:

• t.u. has a dorm on campus named after a KKK founder
  • t.u. has a racist law professor on the current faculty
  • the basketball arena is named after a school icon who fought integration
  • the stadium is still named after the last SWC coach to integrate his team
  • there are 4 Confederate 'neck statues on campus
  • the MLK statue on campus is a target of vandalism by the Klanhorns.
Five1Two
quote:
You are making the accusations...find a quote or source.
1. When did I say anything at all about Governor Coke, accusation or otherwise?

2. Are you actually telling me that you believe that "no hits on google" = "didn't happen?"

3. Do you think the Battalion just made up its source?
Ted Logan
AG
/512 busily typing away trying to find some dirt on Gov. Coke
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Please tell us, Captain Logic.

Answer my question.
Five1Two
Wow. Are any of you familiar with the mathematical concept of the asymptote? (Of course you aren't).

It's a system that, when graphed, always approaches zero, but never quite gets there. Much like the level of intelligence displayed by most of the posters on this thread not named Five1Two. Just when I think it's gotten as bad as it can get, it gets a little worse.

The Battalion article says the following: "In response to the vile lynching of two blacks who had been charged with stealing cattle, Coke said it was "high time for an enraged people to take the law into their own hands," according to Time of Hope, Time of Despair: Black Texans During Reconstruction by James M. Smallwood."

Good job finding some other book by some other dude, though.
Yersinia pestis
quote:
Wow. Are any of you familiar with the mathematical concept of the asymptote? (Of course you aren't).

Dude...that was high school algebra.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Bookmarked!!!
Harry Stone
AG

^
^
^

a product of klanhorns

[This message has been edited by Harry Stone (edited 6/1/2010 11:11a).]
Five1Two

you're acting as if someone, some time, said something in denial of any of your bullet points. What's funny (sad funny, not so much ha-ha funny) is that I think you actually believe you're making some headway.
Ted Logan
AG
quote:
Ah. So you "lost interest" at about the point where your hypocrisy became too obvious to be ignored?

wxplain that...you are responding to a poster losing interest when MB brings up Gov. Coke. You are calling him a hypocrit. Sure sounds like you are defending MB's claim that Coke supports lynching.

Unfortunately, right now, I can't go to the Cushing Library to refute the claims Coleman (the instructor of such fine classes as "the History of Hip Hop". MB (or some other poster) stated that Coke heralded lynchings. If he supported so much, where is another source? You mean to tell me the ONLY source is from a 1906 yearbook in a library and not one historical text cites it anywhere?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.