Attention klanhorns (and klanhorn sympathizers who did not actually attend t.u.)

84,512 Views | 838 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
BarnacleScraper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
David Puddy just sent highwayman to the ER for a junk MRI
BoyNamedSue
You have a building named after a man that openly endorsed the lynching of blacks...what exactly is the difference?

http://www.tamu.edu/gaines/sb276.html
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
This thread is an IED to all sips. They post something and it blows up in their faces. I would recommend all klanhorns just avoid this one for good.
Five1Two
quote:
But the dorm was named after Simkins in the 1950s. That was the buildup that lead to the Civil Rights Movement. The klan was pretty much what it is today. It was totally different than 1870
Yes. And Simkins helped found the Klan in the 1870s (not that it was a noble organization then, either). Again, the point: they didn't name a building after him because he founded the KKK and happened to be a law professor, but rather he was a law professor who happened to be a founding member of the KKK.

Whoever pointed out that he was "alive during the 1900s" misses the point that he was also alive during the Civil War.
Harry Stone
AG
bns is a klanhorn
Five1Two
quote:
This thread is an IED to all sips. They post something and it blows up in their faces. I would recommend all klanhorns just avoid this one for good.
Why? You think I'm fooling around on this board because I think at some point a big group of aggies is going to say "hey there, Five1Two, you made a good point, and have totally changed my point of view?"

No.

This is the internet. Nobody has to agree with anybody. Ever.

It's just a way to pass the time.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
BNS where's the link showing Coke actually supported lynching of blacks? I didn't see a source, only Dale Baum's say-so.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
My IED comment was directed at highwayman and a few others. If you want to be included in that group, that's fine.
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
You have a building named after a man that openly endorsed the lynching of blacks...what exactly is the difference?

Somebody didn't read the thread
BMEDAggie11
quote:

Oops
Ted Logan
AG
quote:

http://www.tamu.edu/gaines/sb276.html

Did you even bother to read the article you posted? Show us where in that article it talks about Coke (or anyone else that a building at Texas A&M is named for) openly endorses the lynching of blacks.
Ted Logan
AG
little late...I should have refreshed the screen before I posted. Looks like a few people beat me to it.
A History Of Violence
AG
One more time, from the original thread:

• Racist tu math professor(Deceased, but a bigass racist)

• Racist tu law professor (still on the klanhorn payroll)

• racist tu professor who hates whites!

[This message has been edited by A_History_Of_Violence (edited 6/1/2010 3:52p).]
A History Of Violence
AG
quote:
Did you even bother to read the article you posted?

No, they don't. Earlier in this thread A Klanhorn posted eight links to prove his point. Three were links to the same news article, one was an op ed piece about it, and two were blog posts about it. The sixth link was about ghetto parties, which tu has held. The last one was some clown complaining because, essentially, the Batt did a crappy job of reporting.
redassag12
AG
Pooooooooooooor ****ing Butt Hurt Klanwhorn 512

continuously gettin curb stomped

"You win some, you lose some, and you wreck some"-Dale Earnhardt

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway"-John Wayne

HeyMoe
AG
From AHOV link,

quote:
Robert E. Lee Moore's status in the histoy and education of mathematics in the United states is very important. At one time, his method of teaching was thought to be the very best. In 1929 he was colloquium speaker at the AMS. In 1937 & 1938, he was President of the American Mathematical Society. Moore was an editor of the Colloquium Publications from 1929 to 1936, being editor-in-chief from 1930 to 1933. Moore taught at the University Texas-Austin until he was 86 years old, and he wished to carry on teaching but the University authorities forced him to retire. In the picture below he is aged 87 and still in his office in Austin, Texas.

The Mathematics-Physics Hall at UT-Austin was named after him and when he died, there was a laudatory article in the Math Monthly, a publication of the Mathematical Association of America. However, many preferred to hide his low side so as not to tarnish his memory. To ignore his staure as a proponent of scientific racism. For African Americans passing through Mathematics at Texas, there was only a tarnished memory and I hope to tell what is partially known of that story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ted Logan
AG
buildings named for racists for 200, Alex
Ted Logan
AG
He believed in Scientific Racism and didn't retire until 1969, so that puts him teaching at t.u. well past the civil rights movement. He taught till he was 87, while the administration never did anything to him in regards to his "Scientific racism"

Roman Moronie
I took a bunch of class in RLM. Nice building.
UTex09
quote:
I took a bunch of class in RLM. Nice building.

You mean the sheetiest building on campus, right?
Roman Moronie
It wasn't that sheety in 1990
Ted Logan
AG
uh oh....

I just found this about Beauford Jester. I am sure a few of you sips lived in Jester.

quote:
Accomplishments: Jester was known as a states'-rights governor, opposing federal civil rights legislation and the integration of the University of Texas.

http://www.txgenweb6.org/txnavarro/biographies/j/jester/index.htm
Ragnar Danneskjold
burnt orange hood wearing cowards
Ted Logan
AG
here is another...William Prather

This guy was a Colonel in the confederacy and was a pallbearer for General R.E. Lee. His claim to fame (other than his position with the confederacy) is the "Eyes of Texas"

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/eyes_of_texas_university_of_texas_alma_mater/
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG

A History Of Violence
AG
Freshmen orientation week at tu
BQ_90
AG
quote:
This thread is being debated, either people reeeeeeeeeealllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy care or it's just something to do to pass the time in the off-season. Me thinks it something to do to pass the time.....

Carry on...

This thread would be dead, except idiot klanhorns keep swallowing the bait, ****ting it out, and swallowing it again.

[This message has been edited by BQ_90 (edited 6/1/2010 6:38p).]
Roman Moronie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LAA9SK2sM4&feature=related
AggieDPT
AG
Can't you klanhorns just get together at the next cross burning and come back with some solid ideas?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG

WineberryovrGold
Klanhorns has to be the funniest thing I've heard all week. Holy ****.
Mordac
Klanhorns suck it!
racerfink
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/university-of-texas-dorm-named-for-ku-klux-klan-leader/19497081?icid=main|compaq-laptop|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Funiversity-of-texas-dorm-named-for-ku-klux-klan-leader%2F19497081
Hood
AG
Ned
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
pooor klahnorns and their policy of hate and intolerance.

The funny thing is, these hypocrates were goosetepping around telling anybody who would listen how superior they were to everybody else regarding these issues, even while they were repeatedly defacing their MLK statue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.