Attention klanhorns (and klanhorn sympathizers who did not actually attend t.u.)

84,464 Views | 838 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
99 Luftballoons Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread:

redassag12
AG

"You win some, you lose some, and you wreck some"-Dale Earnhardt

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway"-John Wayne

MidnightBevo
The statue was vandalized. To my knowledge no one connected to the University was involved. UT students did however take it upon themselves to get the only statue of MLK west of the Mississippi put on campus. Not to mention a statue of Barbara Jordan. A&M doesn’t have a single non white statue on campus. The idea for one came up 16 years ago…I guess it didn’t take:

http://www.tamu.edu/gaines/sb276.html

From the top result for “Texas A&M klan”

quote:
Coleman's presentation traced the history of secret societies at A&M, including the Ku Klux Klan. Coleman said the romanticism associated with redeeming the South allowed secret societies to thrive.

The KKK existed at a time when A&M was a military school, Coleman said, and there is no way of knowing how many secret societies there were or how long they existed. The only documented evidence is a picture of students, dressed in KKK robes and masks, from the 1906 yearbook.

Coleman said members of the KKK at A&M held leadership positions in the Ross Volunteers, The Gazoot (an A&M student publication), Literary Societies and The Longhorn (A&M's then-yearbook).

quote:
Coleman said there are still two secret societies: the True Texans and the Stikas, which are active at A&M.

http://www.thebatt.com/2.8485/professor-cites-racism-in-university-s-history-1.1201657

But Aggies would never name a building after a racist, right?

Wait for it…

quote:
Coleman said there are many undeserving individuals enshrined on campus, such as former Texas Gov. Richard Coke.

"Coke heralded the onset of Southern redemption of reconstruction efforts, and he publicly advocated lynching of blacks," Coleman said. "Don't rename the Coke building, but remember what he stood for. I'm not trying to revise history - just help people understand it."

Coke aka “The Father of Texas A&M” publicly advocated lynching blacks. By the way I love how he is the “Father Of A&M” Even though it was the free black elected Reconstruction Republicans that he ousted who made A&M possible:

quote:
After the Civil War, when the Republican-dominated 12th Legislature debated the bill that would allow Texas to take advantage of the Morrill Act, there was an additional reason for objections on the part of white Conservatives and Democrats. The 1871 bill to establish the A. and M. College of Texas obligated the State of Texas to establish, if state officials chose to segregate white from black students, another federally supported land-grant school for blacks, which subsequently became Prairie View State Normal and Industrial College. On no other condition could Texas have received the grant.

http://www.tamu.edu/gaines/sb276.html
quote:
We don't just go and put random statues of people on our campus in order to appease the PC machine and your progressive bunch. If MLK Jr actually went to school at TAMU, we'd have a statue of him.

OK, so no MLK. Not one famous black person has gone to A&M? These guys weren’t students but you might want to give them a look:

quote:
Coleman also spoke about Matt Gaines, a former slave who became a Republican state senator, and said that Gaines has no statue or memorial on campus. Gaines served in the 12th legislature, which established free public education in Texas and enabled the establishment of A&M.

Another figure in A&M's history was a man known as Uncle Dan, Coleman said. Uncle Dan was a black laborer at A&M who worked on the campus for 50 years after A&M was opened. The treatment of Uncle Dan, as exemplified by a poem in an A&M yearbook, showed the expectation of black inferiority, something not specific to A&M.

quote:
yet a handful of idiots like your boy felt it wasn't quite over, still trying to rally the troops

Also Gov. Coke, a bunch A&M students(pictured in the yearbook) and staff…Klan members were involved in southern schools…shocker.

quote:
Yes, we have had some racists at Texas A&M. We promptly immortalized them by naming a prominent building after them.

Oh, my bad. That was YOU GUYS.

Coke Building.

quote:
the argument here is not that A&M doesn't have racists, it's the fact sips continually call us racist rednecks, all while having a building named after a KKK founder. that is some thick irony.

But we haven’t had 2 Clan Rallies since Branding Iron was riding the pine…

Texas A&M Klan Rally…in 1998:
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-6772237.html

quote:
Not only did this klanhorn refuse to acknowledge his school's blatant racism, but he attempted to smear a former Texas Governor who opposed racist organizations/klanhorns.

How about the former Texas Governor who has a building named after him, won on Klan support and publicly encouraged lynching?

quote:
Choke at sports, now a racist school, this is awesome!! hahaha!

OK, Aggies is one thing but no one from Alabama gets to make fun of others racist history.

quote:
55 years? So they named the dorm for a KKK founder in 19-phooking-55? I could understand if it were 1890, but 1955?

quote:
1951 - Richard Coke Building completed at a cost of $460,000.

http://www.brazosgenealogy.org/data/time7.htm

For the record I don’t care if they change the name or not. In general I say let these things stand at all these schools. We also have statues of Jefferson Davis, George Washington, etc. If you go to a southern school your University was once populated with racists, sexists, Klan members and so on. Actually that is true for most schools regardless of location. Our history is our history, acknowledge it and move on.

And 512 I hate to pile on a fellow Horn but your statement is ridiculous. There is a huge difference between being a former confederate soldier and a founding member of the KKK. That is like saying being black is the same as being a black panther, or being Arab is the same as being a terrorist. It’s just as ridiculous. Sul Ross is by all accounts that can be substantiated a man who did a lot for the state and A&M and was not affiliated with the KKK.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG

That lead blimp did not get airborne.

poor klanhorns
BohunkAg
AG
Bevo, no one reads your sh-tty posts because they are too long and have too many quotes, making them take up half a damn page. HTH.

[This message has been edited by BohunkAg (edited 5/29/2010 10:09a).]
Roman Moronie
MB is one sharp cookie.
A History Of Violence
AG
It's 10:34 AM on May 29, 2010, and tu still has a dorm named a KKK founder, an institutional history of bigotry, a racist law professor on the current faculty, and four statues honoring Confederate "heroes" on campus.

[This message has been edited by A_History_Of_Violence (edited 5/29/2010 10:36a).]
MidnightBevo
Short version: Please explain the Coke building if you don't name buildings after racists.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
none of your links work you chode
A History Of Violence
AG
Shorter version: tu + KKK
Roman Moronie
Damn MB.
A History Of Violence
AG
Put a smile on those hoods, KlanHorns.

It was published in 2006. You've only got 46 more years to go!
MidnightBevo
quote:
and four statues honoring Confederate heroes on campus.

I thin it has been established that "Confederate heroes" and racsit/KKK are not the same thing...
A History Of Violence
AG
And with that, you rendered your own essay/blimp on Coke meaningless.
A History Of Violence
AG
Freed slaves got 40 acres and a mule.

The Klanhorn campus is 40 acres.

After you necks stole the black man's land, you must have transplanted the mule's brain into Rick Barnes' head.
USMChorn
Of course they would not put a statue of a black person on campus. That is what Prairie View is for, to get rid of the undesireables. Keep the coloreds down at Prairie View and keep the white closeted milkmen in College Station. Separate but equal does not mean they are racist.
A History Of Violence
AG
Did a klanhorn just use the word "coloreds" in a thread about tu racism?

[This message has been edited by A_History_Of_Violence (edited 5/29/2010 10:22p).]
Yersinia pestis
These racist tu posters are making me sick to my stomach. Really, USMCklanhorn? Using the word "coloreds" just proves our point.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
The hatehorns and their senseless racism makes them blind to their own hate filled speech.

poor klanhorns

P.S. Thank goodness Ags like Sul Ross were around to keep these klanhorns from becoming the norm in Texas.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Objection, relevance.

Nothing in the diatribe posted by Midnight Klanhorn proves that A&M has a single building named after a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

NOT ONE!!!

Move to strike the entirety of his nonsensical BS.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
The eyes of Klanhorns are upon you....

A History Of Violence
AG
Every time a Klanhorn posts on this topic, all I can see is this..

Oh, the white-hooded, black-hating humanity!

[This message has been edited by A_History_Of_Violence (edited 5/29/2010 11:31a).]
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
I think you should rename the building David Duke Dormitory (DDDKKK) and quit flying under the racist radar.

99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
There comes a time, klanhorns, when there is nothing else you can say. Your arguments are all dead. It's probably that time, hoodhorns. Just let it go.

Captain Quagmire
AG
quote:
Freed slaves got 40 acres and a mule.

The Klanhorn campus is 40 acres.

After you necks stole the black man's land, you must have transplanted the mule's brain into Rick Barnes' head.

Possibly one of the greatest posts in the history of TexAgs
A History Of Violence
AG
Even Midnight Tolstoy can't blimp this away.
vette
AG
this gif reminds me of 512

The 5200 Acres
AG
quote:
Of course they would not put a statue of a black person on campus. That is what Prairie View is for, to get rid of the undesireables. Keep the coloreds down at Prairie View and keep the white closeted milkmen in College Station. Separate but equal does not mean they are racist.

And for today's episode in great moments in Klanhorn history I give you Sweatt vs. Painter.

The case involved a black man, Heman Marion Sweatt, who was refused admission to the School of Law of the University of Texas. At the time, no law school in Texas would admit blacks. To try and comply with separate but equal Texas Southern was opened. The Klanhorns lost the case because Texas Southern was so inferior.

Theophilus Shickel Painter was the President of the University and thus the named defendant in the case.

T.S Painter Hall

http://www.utexas.edu/maps/main/buildings/pai.html

Learn the history of your own university before you start throwing that separate but equal crap around.
A History Of Violence
AG
They named their football stadium after some toothless racist Okie inbred, too.
redassag12
AG

"You win some, you lose some, and you wreck some"-Dale Earnhardt

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway"-John Wayne

13 0 National Champs
I love watching aggies try and take the high road with a Garmin programmed by David Duke.
A History Of Violence
AG
quote:
I love watching aggies try and take the high road with a Garmin programmed by David Duke.

That probably sounded good bouncing around inside your white hood, but when it's actually written out, it makes no sense. Dumbass bigot.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:

What are you talking about, klanhorn?

Ted Logan
AG
Interesting read...You ought to look up TS Painter. Turns out the guy would castrate people from the mental hospital in Austin (also rumored to castrate people from the state prison in Huntsville) to do research on XY chromosomes. It is not determined that these patients were black though. I guess he was an equal-opportunity mad scientist.

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=1652&page=315
USMChorn
I did use the word "coloreds", OH MY GOD. Writing words how they were spoken at the time must mean I'm racist.

Look, people who aren't racist don't actually go around looking for things that are racist. I am completely comfortable writing any word as long as it fits the conversation. When I am speaking about your separate but completely unequal schools (meaning the two A&Ms) I will write how your protégées would have said it. I am sorry to tell you I can not be a member of the Klan. They don't like my kind.

Take from that what you will. Racism is in every place. It is in Austin, it is in College Station, it is in Biloxi. Making a joke or making issues about meaningless crap just keeps bringing it to the forefront. I go through my life without giving racism much thought at all and I am sure most of you all do too. By making big deals out of racist things and situations you give the racists exactly what they want. Attention.

If you are not comfortable hearing the word "coloreds" being used in context then I think you should look in the mirror long and hard and ask yourself do you have racist qualities yourself. Racist remarks do not bother myself nor do they bother my multi"colored" family.

Keep up the good work deflecting, you do realize every time you bring up something like this that it just reminds everyone about your very stereotype. Let it go and quit trying to prove yourselves as accepting. I believe most of you are and don't need the proof.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.