Attention klanhorns (and klanhorn sympathizers who did not actually attend t.u.)

84,504 Views | 838 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
BMEDAggie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
BMED,

vertical asymptotes, you say? And what number, vertically speaking, would that line approach, as it trends toward infinitiy?

A. Nine
B. Seventeen
C. Four Hundred Six
D. Zero
E. Christina Michael

(hint: it's either D or E)

Christ. In. Heaven.
Five1Two
quote:
This is the guy who has tried for the past 4 days to prove tu's prof wasn't a klan member despite the plain evidence. He obviously has reading comprehension problems.
Really? You're telling me that, at some point in this lengthy thread, I said "Simkins was not a member of the KKK?"

You're really saying that?

Are you sure?
Ronnie
AG
quote:
Oh. My. God.

Is right!

epic analytic geometry fail going on here
TefIon Don
AG
quote:
Oh. My. God.

Somebody help him.

Sorry if I just blew your argument to ****. You can leave now.
Ronnie
AG
I really have no idea what your still doing here but getting repeatedly curb stomped, 512.
Five1Two
Ronnie, the fact that you think that what's going on here is a "curb stomping" is exactly what makes this so amusing to me.
Five1Two
Ronnie, the fact that you think that what's going on here is a "curb stomping" is exactly what makes this so amusing to me.
Five1Two
And I said that twice because it's so true.
BMEDAggie11
I literally just called over a few co-workers to come read the last page, and even the resident t-sip hates you now. Your lack of basic education literally has us in tears.
Ronnie
AG
Let’s review. 512 said:

quote:
Are any of you familiar with the mathematical concept of the asymptote? (Of course you aren't).

It's a system that, when graphed, always approaches zero, but never quite gets there.

Let’s count the ways this is wrong:

1) The definition is wrong.
2) The concept is wrong.
3) There are numerous examples of elementary functions that disprove your definition.
4) You are a moron who probably never took more than pre-cal in college.

If you draw a function that has an asymptote, that graph of that asymptote could most certainly be located at a zero point in Cartesian coordinates. For example, consider the elementary equation f(x) = 1/x in the very same link you cite to “prove” your argument. The axes are asymptotes!

How could that be possible if, when graphed, they never quite approached zero?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymptote under examples

And don’t try to back track (I see where you’re trying to do that now by shifting your argument after the original one you posted was so obviously wrong).
Five1Two
Cool link, dude.

First computer?
Ronnie
AG
Go ahead and teach us engineers and scientists more about "the mathematical concept of the asymptote" you mongoloid.
OldArmy1606
oh i found another little gem

http://www.theeagle.com/sports/Former-UT-player-apologizes-for-Obama-slur
TefIon Don
AG

If you could please, 512, tell me how the asymptote above is approaching zero?

[This message has been edited by tripps (edited 6/1/2010 11:56a).]
OldArmy1606
How about another of the klanhorns

http://www.theloop21.com/news/students-speak-out-about-racism-college-campuses

*notice how A&M isn't even on the list, despite our 'stereotype'
Ted Logan
AG
okay..let me first say that 512 and I are looking at 2 different Battalion articles. I was responding to the one MB posted about. In defense of that, I went back and looked up the article that 512 is talking about and there is all kinds of FAIL in that article.

First of all, it is an editorial written by an African American. He brings up the fact about they lynching of 2 cattle thieves and brings race into the issue. Lets just forget that the stole cattle and were only lynched because they were black???

The author says the Coke building should be renamed for an African American (no agenda here? )
quote:
The wall engraving inside the Coke building erroneously refers to Coke as the "Father of the A&M College of Texas." This is a lie. Coke was many things, but he certainly cannot be considered a patriarch of this fine University. That title deserves to be bestowed on someone like Matthew Gaines, an ex-slave who pushed for the legislation that made A&M's existence a reality.

Matthew Gaines was a state legislator from 1870-1871 and hardly anything to do with the creation of Texas A&M. If you don't know, Texas A&M was created by the Morrill Act that President Lincoln signed in 1872. The Texas legislature didn't pass it until 1876.

quote:
Coke's life is composed of disgusting personal lifestyle decisions and a dubious political career.

As I quoted earlier, Coke was regularly seen with a bible in Hand. he was elected governor on a 2-1 margin and reelected with a 3-1 margin. His political career created the Texas Rangers, put Texas on a fiscally responsible path after being in debt, balanced budgets, etc... Sure sounds like this author is completely wrong.

quote:
Coke would be deserving of a tribute on the A&M campus if he had contributed to our University in a meaningful way. But Coke did nothing significant for A&M. Therefore, he does not deserve to have a building named in his honor.
hmmm....

quote:
Under the Constitution of 1876, adopted during his term, Coke served on a three-member board that supervised a new, decentralized system of public education. Vocational education benefited from the opening of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas (now Texas A&M University), at which Coke made an eloquent speech.
.....from the Texas handbook online. Sound pretty instrumental to me....

quote:
These words ring hollow from a man who apparently wanted to see all blacks exterminated
editorial...no facts

512...I am not saying you believe all this, but the author of this article is writing an EDITORIAL that is without support.

edit...wanted to say that before you and MB start citing editorials, maybe you should look at the context of the article and check out the author and sources.

[This message has been edited by Ted Logan (edited 6/1/2010 12:03p).]
Five1Two
quote:
And don’t try to back track (I see where you’re trying to do that now by shifting your argument after the original one you posted was so obviously wrong).
Wait. So this whole time you've all been tripping over one another to babble about a point that I simply used to illustrate a larger argument, and it's all been about the difference between (a) the distance between a line and a curve (approaching zero but never getting there, theoretically possible because the line and the curve, themselves, have no dimensional width, and blah, blah blah), and (b) the intersection of x and y (most usually, but not always "zero" ) on the graph?

Okay. Good work.

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/1/2010 12:02p).]
Ronnie
AG
Wow, so you're telling me sometimes asymptotes DON'T always approach zero, not quite getting there?

And sometimes they ARE located at zero?

512 must have been his combined SAT verbal/math score as well.
Five1Two
quote:
First of all, it is an editorial written by an African American.
We all know they can't be trusted, right David Duke?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG

Why don't you explain all of your points to us in one post. There's too much chatter between, and dumb-dumb dummies like me can't follow. Please, just explain why Klanhorns are NOT racists and Aggies ARE racists. I assume that was the point of all of your 300 posts on this thread, right? If that was not your point, what is your point?
Ronnie
AG
quote:
(a) the distance between a line and a curve (approaching zero but never getting there), and (b) the intersection of x and y on the graph?

No, it's about the entitled use of a phrase that which you have no idea the meaning of.

It's hilarious to see this crawfish. What an all time dumbass.
Five1Two

Never, ever, not one time, did I or any other poster on this thread deny that The University of Texas has a past history of ractist policies.

Do you want to talk about asymptotes?
Ronnie
AG
Nice edit as well. Still wrong on the definition though.

Teach us some more. Too bad we have your original quote and the ones following where your tried to defend your erroneous "math" knowledge.
The 5200 Acres
AG
ass-sip-tote - n - a graduate of the University of Texas that, after getting his ass handed to him time and time again, looks in the mirror and wants to admit he is a zero, but just can't get there.
Ted Logan
AG
quote:
quote:

look at the context of the article...check out his facts...

he is the one saying two people were lynched for stealing cattle. Yes they were black, but I will sure as hell bet the white people were lynched for it too.

This author is writing this editorial to get buildings named after minorities and statues built. I am not saying that is wrong, but he is trying to do it by disparaging a former Governor of Texas. He states that a GOVERNOR did less for Texas A&M than a black legislator that served for only 2 years and was several years before the Act even passed.
Five1Two
You're referring to the edit I made at 12:02? The same time you made your post?

Totally got me.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Do you want to talk about asymptotes?

Mathematics is only relevant to this discussion if the soundness of one's logic is at issue. I'm not asking whether it's sound, I'M ASKING WHAT THE EFF IT IS. I can't give an answer, or decide whether an answer is correct without a question.

WHAT THE EFF IS YOUR POINT?
TefIon Don
AG
512 has just demonstrated to all that he did not pass High school algebra
Five1Two
Well, let's take it all the way back to Friday, shall we?

Franke T said there was a "big difference" between Klansmen and former confederates.

I pointed out that, in fact, all Klansmen were former Confederates, so there was, in fact, no difference at all: the one was simply a subset of the other. I think he thought I was saying that EVERY former confederate was a Klansman (not the case).

And it just kind of snowballed from there.

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/1/2010 12:12p).]
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Franke T said there was a "big difference" between Klansmen and former confederates.

I pointed out that, in fact, all Klansmen were former Confederates, so there was, in fact, no difference at all.

Can you show me that in a Venn diagram? I think that would solve this whole debate pretty quickly, don't you?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Wait. You edited.

Hold on.
Mr. Fancy Pants
quote:
Well, let's take it all the way back to Friday, shall we?

Probably a good idea to back this up to a point before you made the extremely poor decision to condescend about mathematics to a bunch of scientists and engineers

[This message has been edited by Mr. Fancy Pants (edited 6/1/2010 12:20p).]
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
quote:

you read his entire post and came up with that response?

holy **** you are an idiot.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
It seems that deciding whether the statements below are true or false is all that really matters. Getting into high school geometry with a bunch of A&M grads does not further your arguments that your logic is sound.

1. All Klansmen are former confederate soldiers.
Is that a true statement?

2. All former confederate soldiers are klansmen.
True or false?

3. All Klansmen are racists.
True or false?

4. All former confederate soldiers are klansmen.
True of false?

5. All former confederate soldiers are racists.
True or false?

Here are my answers. Tell me where my logic is flawed:
1. False. There were klansmen that never fought, and since the war there have been many, many more.

2. False. The klan was made up of a small group of people who were adversely affected by the newly freed labor force. Not all adversely affected were klansmen.

3. True. Arguing for white supremacy is the very definition of racism.

4. False. See above.

5. False. Many were abolitionist or indifferent. They were force to serve, or served under a sense of duty to protect their homes and families from an attacking army.

Conclusion:
William S. Simkins was a racist.
Sul Ross may have been a racist, but you have no evidence as conclusive as that for Simkins.

Did that pretty much cut to the chase?
A History Of Violence
AG
512's furious spinning for 3 pages may snare a few of you, but I'm fixated on reality. And as of 12:50 pm, June 1, 2010, the reality is that...
* tu still has a dorm on campus named after a KKK founder
* it's still got a racist law professor on the current faculty
* the arena is still named after a school icon who fought integration
* the stadium is still named after the last SWC coach to integrate his team
* there are still 4 Confederate 'neck statues on campus
* the MLK statue on campus is a target of vandalism by the Klanhorns.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.