Arsenal 2021-2022 Thread

140,845 Views | 3040 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Teacher_Ag
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LENO YOU BEAUTY
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I dig the way the guys surrounded him afterwards.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Ag Since 83
AG
Last season 0 of 12 points against Wolves and Villa

This season 12 of 12
wangus12
AG
It's obvious why Ramsdale is the starter, but I'm not sure you'll find a better #2 keeper than Leno right now and I'll take that. Ramsdale isn't going to the England camp and apparently wanted to play today so hopefully he's back after the international break
Ag Since 83
AG
I hope Martinelli doesn't miss out on his Brazil call up now
wangus12
AG
On the bright side, these days you know the game is over when Holding comes on and signals 5-3-2.
chjoak
AG
Just finishing up the recording. Lots a positives. The primary negative for me was Nketiah. He usually looks dangerous when he comes on but today he screwed up every single opportunity he was involved in with either a bad pass/touch or a stupid foul.
Teacher_Ag
AG
The Spuds thread on this forum mirrors their team on the table all of the sudden.
wangus12
AG
The good ol Xhaka bias. He finished with only one foul.

Ag Since 83
AG
At the time I didn't feel sorry for him because after the foul, he offers the Villa player his hand (to his credit) but when the Villa player ignores him Xhaka gives him a push in the shoulder.

Was it bad? No. But it was going from 0 fouls to last chance saloon in the blink of an eye. Very Xhaka-like.

But yeah, the multiple foul pointing by the ref is ridiculous
Teacher_Ag
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton

I know that winning and playing well makes it easy for guys to get along but damn if this team doesn't seem to love each other. Stuff like that gets over played at times but I do love this team and it's been a while since I have.

That being said, I also fell hard for what appeared to be the Arteta-Auba love affair that seemed to be blossoming when we won the FA Cup. So what the hell do I know.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
wangus12
AG
I saw a tweet earlier today talking about how this has been the best connection between a team and fans since the invincible season. We just have a bunch of guys who all give everything they have for the team and it really shows.
TXAggie2011
AG
What do we want out of this--a brutal, grinding draw?
agdoc2001
AG
Ideally, but West Ham still have Man city and chelski to play while the spuds only have liverpool, so if someone has to win, I'd prefer the hammers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Teacher_Ag
AG
West Ham all day, but Spuds are looking strong. Don't believe Hammers can turn this one around.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Let's see if Anthony Taylor is so dismissive when Kane or son dive. Guessing not.
Ag Since 83
AG
https://arseblog.news/2022/03/leaked-first-images-of-arsenals-22-23-home-shirt
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
So we're going back to the collars?
chjoak
AG
I dont hate it.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Yeah that's nice looking. If that comment about us having a black kit next year is true I'll probably cop that too.
wangus12
AG
I know the change of scenery definitely helped, but it really ticks me off that Auba all of sudden found his scoring boots again the moment he left
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
So, would you rather know about the situation with Auba or Ozil?
AggieRob93
AG
wangus12 said:

I know the change of scenery definitely helped, but it really ticks me off that Auba all of sudden found his scoring boots again the moment he left

Gotta think he was sandbagging to great effect at Arsenal to force a move. I am not sorry he was at Arsenal, as he played a big role for a time, but it sure comes off as unprofessional and selfish given how he is playing right now.

Of course I can't say how much the interaction and relationship with Arteta played into Auba becoming a shell of himself until he was moved on. There are absolutely two sides to this, and I don't think Arteta and staff are blameless. I also think Auba is part of a stronger attacking team at Barcelona, and he is not taxed with carrying the offensive load to such a great degree so he is playing more relaxed.

Auba is doing well. Arsenal is doing well without him. Certainly think Arsenal would love to have this version of Auba, but that ship sailed long ago.
wangus12
AG
I know it would never happen, but I hope Odegaard uses inception to convince Haaland to come to us lol

chjoak
AG
Highly unlikely but in light of his recent interviews I wouldn't say it is impossible. The biggest obstacle would be his agent. Even if he did come to Arsenal, his agent would have him on the move again in 2-4 seasons.
Strangely Attractive
AG
Perhaps but I think players really love playing at Arsenal. And we have some of the best young talent in the world. At some point you can't let your agent tell you what to do.

But probably all irrelevant talk anyway, haha….
chjoak
AG
The buzz I have been seeing indicates that Jonathan David & Darwin Nunez may be our top options right now. If true, Id like to see us snag David (think he is better prepared to step in as a false 9) and then find a young (hopefully HG or future HG) target forward.
wangus12
AG
Saka has Covid. Withdrawing from England camp
Ag Since 83
AG
Tierney got his first goal for Scotland today. A header on a free kick you would never expect someone that short to score. New #9?
chjoak
AG
gougler08
AG
Oh I like that
agdoc2001
AG
Map of N London in the background, wonder if that will be a subtle detail on the kit as well
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
agdoc2001 said:

Map of N London in the background, wonder if that will be a subtle detail on the kit as well
I clicked on the pics from the tweet and it doesn't appear to be a detail on the kit.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Yeah, if you zoom in the kit DOES appear to have a low-contrast map of North London as part of the design. This is by far the coolest away kit I've ever seen and I WILL shell out some money for this one. Awesome design and colors.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.