Arsenal 2021-2022 Thread

140,859 Views | 3040 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Teacher_Ag
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They're so good/we're so bad and then they get all the luck on that Ederson screw up
OneBlitzer
AG
Xhake red card. Arsenal are done and dusted.
OneBlitzer
AG
Getting schooled. 3 nil.
agdoc2001
AG
Good thing DeBruyne is out or this could have gotten ugly!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag Since 83
AG
Good thing Xhaka's contract is nearly up so we won't have to watch him hurt the club much longer.

Oh.
OneBlitzer
AG
WTH Elneny! Gotta do more to keep the ball off net. So much give up!
Ag Since 83
AG
It is amazing how many players on the field we thought we thought would be leaving the club this summer (and still might)
agdoc2001
AG
I'm just upset that I slept in a little and didn't get to see our shot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OneBlitzer
AG
Holding and Chambers have been awful.
agdoc2001
AG
As long as the players had fun, I guess.
OneBlitzer
AG
Next four Premier League matches(Norwich, Burnley, Tottenham and Brighton) will determine Arteta's future. Not sure two wins will be enough. Six points after seven matches won't cut it and Arteta should be out.
Ag Since 83
AG
If you had told me a couple weeks ago we'd go to the Etihad without both our first choice CBs and without Partey I'd say "oh wow, we're going to get destroyed"

And yet, that still managed to be more humiliating than I could imagine
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
What's our EPL goal of the month?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Teacher_Ag
AG
I have never needed Aggie Football more to redeem my morale. FFS we are really bad. Stan, if you are reading this, please sell us to the wealthy Qatari. It is our only hope.
ptothemo
AG
In three matches, we have had six shots on goal while conceding nine goals. Just putrid.
wangus12
AG
I have really wanted Arteta to succeed, almost desperately so, but it is damn clear right now that this isn't working. We can waste this international break and hope that the next 4 matches we look better, but I wish we'd just make the change now rather than in December. We are unequivocally the worst team in the league right now. 0 points, 0 goals, -9 goal differential, 2 SOG/game.

There is no way, even with the difficulty of the schedule and the missing players due to injury/Covid that those stats should look like that. Its not entirely Arteta's fault. On the rare occasions that we are in great positions to make something happen, our best players have been found toothless.

Again and I said it several pages back. I don't know who you go get. Conte is the big name available, but I can easily see him laughing at the Caller ID when it comes. I'd like to try Ten Hag from Ajax, but that's a long shot as well. Knowing our luck, we'll be calling Big Sam to save us from relegation. Maybe Ernesto Valverde.
AggieRob93
AG
Not sure I understand how this team gets worse week to week. Appears to me Arteta has no real idea how to manage, which given his experience, is understandable to a degree. But this team's play, the game plan, the execution, are all awful.

I do think it a real likelihood he has lost the locker room. I also believe a change has to be made for the listlessness displayed on the pitch to be corrected.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm really torn on it at this point. There's a pretty clear argument against firing him NOW. If you don't fire him in the summer, and then give him all the money they did, how do you fire him after 3 games, when 2 of them are against the CL finalists, teams who should beat you right now no matter who is managing, without the spine of the team available.

That said, I agree it's hard to see how things get better right now. I guess I've resigned myself to accepting the Kroenkes will give him at least the next few games
Strangely Attractive
AG
Any more smoke to Qatari interest???
byfLuger41
AG
Hang tough.

Ghost of Andrew Eaton

Does that mean we have to pay out his contract or is it voided?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
chjoak
AG
Thats all up for negotiation. Typically they are released for a fraction of their remaining salary. Reason why Ozil stuck around so long is that he refused to take a reduced buyout and we refused to pay his entire salary to play for another team. Ive heard that is why Kola is still on the roster. Supposedly he demanded his full remaining salary be paid out.

Given what happened with those 2, id guess that Willian took a reduced payout.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Was on the fence about making my annual order for a jersey. Almost didn't because of how bad we are, but I didn't stop wearing Ag gear during the Fran-Sherman years. Got a yellow away Saka jersey. Maybe it'll become a bit less embarrassing to wear within a few months.
chjoak
AG

wangus12
AG
Read Everton plan to possibly use AMN as a RB.
wangus12
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Was on the fence about making my annual order for a jersey. Almost didn't because of how bad we are, but I didn't stop wearing Ag gear during the Fran-Sherman years. Got a yellow away Saka jersey. Maybe it'll become a bit less embarrassing to wear within a few months.
I'll end up getting the Yellow. I've been waiting for years for them to throw the cannon back on the jersey.
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

That would be a kick in the nuts if he will play RB for them and we are stuck with Cedric
chjoak
AG
gougler08 said:

wangus12 said:

That would be a kick in the nuts if he will play RB for them and we are stuck with Cedric
Yep. At this point I wonder if it is a refusal to play RB or if Arteta simply doesn't think he is good enough?
chjoak
AG
WTF???

chjoak
AG
Maybe they plan to keep him to play RB for us? I've seen claims that AMN has been training at RB.

chjoak
AG
chjoak
AG

I like this. Good spot for him to start and regain his form. If all goes well he can come back and push to replace Pepe.
PJYoung
AG
wangus12
AG
I see both sides here. Arsenal should have just let him go for a good bid last year from Wolves. Now teams only want to get loan deals. Don't blame Arsenal for standing firm. We need cash. Its also doesn't help that AMN is determined to see himself as a midfielder when most clubs want him as a RB.

Either way this looks bad for the player and the club. The clubhouse is in the worst way right now. This definitely shows losing the dressing room and that was arguably all Arteta really has left.
chjoak
AG
Just keeps getting better...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.