Arsenal 2021-2022 Thread

140,848 Views | 3040 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Teacher_Ag
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Gabriel is sent offf

Don't take stupid yellow cards for things like messing with the penalty spot, idiots
OneBlitzer
AG
Gabriel why?!?!?! Sent off! WTH?!?!? We're cratering!
TXAggie2011
AG
What an idiot
gougler08
AG
Well that melted down fast
TXAggie2011
AG
Wtf ESPN

OneBlitzer
AG
Super sub ESR in for Laca. Need a goal from ESR please!
Ag Since 83
AG
Gonna be a long 20 minutes
Ag Since 83
AG
Thanks Xhaka and Gabriel for hurting your team today
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap result! Brilliance of first half is wasted with second half send off of Gabriel. Should have gotten something out of this match. UGH!!!
OneBlitzer
AG
Inconsistent VAR penalty reviews are maddening. Either both should be given or neither. Be consistent! Man City given the benefit of the doubt.
gougler08
AG
While the result sucked, this team is playing so much better than at the beginning of the year. Can definitely keep 4th spot if we keep this up

But for ****s sake Xhaka is just a walking PK or red card given away in big matches
wangus12
AG
VAR is the bane of the league now. It's fixed nothing
AggieRob93
AG
gougler08 said:

But for ****s sake Xhaka is just a walking PK or red card given away in big matches

Xhaka strikes yet again. Frustrating.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
We can't keep playing Man City with 10 men. At least we appear to be making progress.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
wangus12
AG
I thought we deserved at least a draw. I just don't see how he can say the Xhaka foul is a penalty, but not the Ederson one.

That's missed penalties against both Manchester teams this year and it's ridiculous
wangus12
AG
At least I'm pretty sure Gabriel will serve his ban against Liverpool for the EFL Cup rather than the NLD.
TXAggie2011
AG
Sounds pulls it out against Watford.

A day of "so close."
Ag Since 83
AG
Tottenham nick a win they probably didn't deserve right at the very end. They're the favorite for top 4 IMO
PJYoung
AG
If we keep playing well it should be close.
wangus12
AG
I'm not so sure. They have still looked bad under Conte and have really only played the bottom half of the table since he took over.
wangus12
AG
Also not forgiving Martinelli missing an open net, but there is absolutely no reason for the ref to ever be in that position inside the box. Ever

Ghost of Andrew Eaton
wangus12 said:

I thought we deserved at least a draw. I just don't see how he can say the Xhaka foul is a penalty, but not the Ederson one.

That's missed penalties against both Manchester teams this year and it's ridiculous

Agreed. Even with that, Martinelli puts that that ball in the back of the net at the 51st and we probably win.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

Also not forgiving Martinelli missing an open net, but there is absolutely no reason for the ref to ever be in that position inside the box. Ever

Yikes. He completely lost where he was on the field.

Martinelli put a little too much juice on the shot but I recognize he would have seen the City player in the middle of the goal
Ghost of Andrew Eaton

11 have come under Arteta.
TXAggie2011
AG
In fairness to Mikel Arteta, no other EPL manager has had Granit Xhaka on their team.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
TXAggie2011 said:

In fairness to Mikel Arteta, no other EPL manager has had Granit Xhaka on their team.

Xhaka has 50 of the 100, right?
wangus12
AG
AMN to Roma on loan is close. Apparently we're gonna put in a competitive bid for Vlahovic but he doesn't want to come here in which case I'd say screw it and go get someone else.

Also Liverpool may have some Covid issues for the Thursday cup game.
agdoc2001
AG
Surprised we're willing to let him go with Partey gone to AFCoN. That's a lot of eggs in the Lokonga and praying Xhaka doesn't pull a Xhaka basket.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
True. But Partey is only going to miss at most, 2 league games and will be back (as long as he's vaccinated to UK standards) for the Wolves match on Feb. 10th.

Now he will miss 2 league cup matches and possibly 2 FA cup matches, but I doubt he would have started most of those anyways.
chjoak
AG
AMN to Roma done pending paperwork being signed. 6 month loan. No buy option/obligation. Roma will pay full salary. 500k euro fee + 500k in bonuses.
wangus12
AG
Apparently Middlesborough want Balogun on loan
chjoak
AG
He needs to go. Not gonna get minutes with us and we need to see what he can accomplish outside of the u23s.
wangus12
AG
Hope they force them to play, even if its their kids. It happened to Aston Villa last year

wangus12
AG
And now Nottingham Forest have just had a ge postponed because of a Covid outbreak in their team. Puts Sunday in jeopardy
wangus12
AG
Liverpool match postponed.

Current schedule looks like this.

01/09 Nottingham Forest (H) (Forest have a Covid outbreak so it'll probably be postponed)
01/13 Liverpool (A)
01/16 Spurs (A)
01/20 Liverpool (H)
01/22 Burnley (H) Have to think this gets moved to Sunday

I'd say screw it and just play the kids in the EFL Cup. We have to keep the league momentum going. Really can't afford to lose to the spuds.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.