Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

238,557 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by KCup17
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Stowers is in the Portal.
p8aggie
AG
Marcus Burris in the portal
A-A Ron
Calzada in the portal...again...
KCup17
AG
A-A Ron said:

Calzada in the portal...again...

In a twist of fate does he return?
Greencougars
7 th year
85AustinAg
AG
I would not be opposed to getting Calzada back. His familiarity with the coaches and A&M would be an asset.
aggiewoodie
AG
On the one hand, I definitely get the position that players who are forced to be in college before they can really go out and get paid shouldn't be forced to stay somewhere that just isn't working...

On the other hand, though, this is turning into a nightmare for roster management. No other sport, outside of college, now, allows players to leave a team, willy nilly.
LMCane
EKG1996 said:

LMCane said:

JustisWalkert said:

Alabama starting O-Lineman in the portal
my Canes going hard for this guy.

supposedly Miami has a good chance to land him.

Another Cohen in Miami!
Wonder why he is transferring?
from the UM boards it's for a really good NIL deal

and Mario Cristobal was an offensive line coach/recruiter for Alabama a few years ago
KCup17
AG
So at what point do we label this a mass exodus? We are up to what 15 now?
The Banned
aggiewoodie said:

On the one hand, I definitely get the position that players who are forced to be in college before they can really go out and get paid shouldn't be forced to stay somewhere that just isn't working...

On the other hand, though, this is turning into a nightmare for roster management. No other sport, outside of college, now, allows players to leave a team, willy nilly.

I hate it too, but I think it will even out over the years. Smart coaches will be able to show the data to kids (hopefully) and help them see that picking. A program and riding it out is the best method to going pro. If you are in your 3rd/4th year in the program and have no shot at getting PT, maybe it's time to move on. But the vast majority of transfers are going to get stuck in the portal and drop out. May as well get your degree.
ElephantRider
AG
The Banned said:

aggiewoodie said:

I hate it too, but I think it will even out over the years. Smart coaches will be able to show the data to kids (hopefully) and help them see that picking. A program and riding it out is the best method to going pro. If you are in your 3rd/4th year in the program and have no shot at getting PT, maybe it's time to move on. But the vast majority of transfers are going to get stuck in the portal and drop out. May as well get your degree.
Go ask Mannie Netherly how the portal worked out for him. Got stuck in the portal and ended up working for FedEx

It's like if the NFL only had one-year contracts for everyone. Free agency every year. It's going to ruin this sport.
zephyr88
AG
85AustinAg said:

I would not be opposed to getting Calzada back. His familiarity with the coaches and A&M would be an asset.
Do we know for sure that Max Johnson is staying? He's our journeyman backup.
_mpaul
AG
Somebody with stars find the post from the guy trying to flex last year when after only 2 or 3 months from the NIL stuff happening there weren't yet any major consequences. I believe most of the sane responses were, "just wait."

I think the waiting's over.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
AgBQ-00
AG
what kind of numbers are other schools seeing leave? I am thinking our numbers are not out an outlier at this point.
Aggie1188
85AustinAg said:

Lmao. Foh
Sterling82
p8aggie said:

Marcus Burris in the portal

I would like to see Burris stay put.
aggies4life
AG
Josh Moten in Portal
AgEng06
AG
Not too surprising I guess, after his arrest this weekend (and apparently his 3rd since being at A&M).

Captain Awesome
At what point to we admit the mass exodus? Or are we supposed to pretend the locker room is all good?
KCup17
AG
Captain Awesome said:

At what point to we admit the mass exodus? Or are we supposed to pretend the locker room is all good?
but but but all these transfers arent contributors.
infinity ag
KCup17 said:

Only if Weigman leaves.

Everyone else is expendable.
The Banned
Captain Awesome said:

I think the calm comes from the reality that the majority of these guys weren't contributors. There are a couple I think everyone would like to stay (adeleye for example). The. Others that are big talents but big time idiots (Denver Harris). Overall, no one leaving made a serious contribution this year.

That said, we have a major issue with retaining people long enough to become upperclassmen. Jimbo has to rethink his approach.
_mpaul
AG
Sounds like addition by subtraction to me.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
Bill Superman
AG
KCup17 said:

Captain Awesome said:

but but but all these transfers arent contributors.

These are rookie numbers compared to the bama's of the world.
Greencougars
Name the key contributors. Ok so a lot of 2nd and 3rd yr guys that said I'm not playing like I think I should let me see if I can fit somewhere else. It's not rocket science
texagsatm2014
-
texagsatm2014
Alright
KCup17
AG
So because they aren't key contributors you wouldn't call this a mass exodus?
Greencougars
U ask any coach anywhere in the country and some starters leave that they aren't jumping all over them. So that dumb to say do we have contributors. Just get on to see if you're message gets a response. We'll here u go
Greencougars
No this college football isn't like anything we have ever seen. No one has to stay and wait to play u can leave and see and a lot of these guys will be backups just on another team.
Greencougars
And some want to see if they can get more NIL somewhere else. Like it's a different game now. U have starters with great season leaving teams to maximize NIL or a chance to win it all
KCup17
AG
So 19 players and counting leave a program and you aren't willing to call it a mass exodus. Got it.
AG
Captain Awesome said:

Well Jimbo assured us that when Ainias told us there were a lot of guys not buying in, that it didn't really mean not buying in.

He was also adamant just a couple of weeks ago that there weren't a bunch of transfers coming up. The guys were locked in and wanted to stay together and play.

So none of this is really happening.
AG
KCup17 said:

17 scholarship player transfers and counting

Edit because I've had to change the number twice in the last 3 minutes.

It's getting hard to keep up with

Aggie Apotheosis
_mpaul said:

Sounds like addition by subtraction to me.

Yep. We'll replace them with our massive incoming freshman class.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.