Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

238,463 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by KCup17
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
AWP 97 said:

Halconblack said:

Let's look at each of these:
Adeleye: Going to be in for a fight at the deepest position on the team. He knows this. Could he start probably start? Yes. Will he start or even be in the two deep? He would have to earn it against some of the top talent in the nation

White: this is the one I don't understand. However, it is not beyond reason that he saw a Malik Sylla's and the Enai whites, challenging him for a spot in the two deep and didn't want the competition.

Denver: he was not eligible to return to the team as multiple outlets have reported.

Adeleye was the sixth highest DL on our roster. It wasn't like he was chopped liver. He had injury issues. To think he couldn't make the two deep is ludicrous.

It's not ludicrous we had 4 true freshman with with higher ratings than him and 4 guys ahead of him with significantly more PT. But anyone saying he doesn't have great potential is just stupid.
World's worst proofreader
ta ta toothy
AG
AWP 97 said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Look at Okie Lite. I would rather lose 20 bench guys than 5 contributors.
8 of the 19 scholarship guys in the portal were starters at one point or another. At least 3 of them would have continued to be starters had they stayed.

At one point. Who that left would be the starter next year?
Tunmise Adeleye, Andre White, Denver Harris

No, no, kicked out of school so no.

If healthy, Adeleye would have started this year and next. Why do you think differently?

That's a giant IF. You're probably right but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. You've seen this story before…"Chapman would have been a stud but he couldn't stay healthy".
Papa Joe
AG
About 20 transfer out, so how many are transferring in?
AG
ta ta toothy said:

AWP 97 said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

8 of the 19 scholarship guys in the portal were starters at one point or another. At least 3 of them would have continued to be starters had they stayed.

If healthy, Adeleye would have started this year and next. Why do you think differently?

That's a giant IF. You're probably right but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. You've seen this story before…"Chapman would have been a stud but he couldn't stay healthy".

Saw the same thing with Michael Clemons for 3 years, but WOW that 4th year...
Halconblack
AG
I wasn't saying he couldn't make the two deep. I was saying it wasn't going to be given to him. Maybe that was enough for him to leave.
v/r
fav13andac1)c
AG
Deuce Harmon hint hinting on Twitter
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Halconblack said:

We are losing players that we would definitely seem to be contributors next year. We appear to be especially thin at LB, however, there are guys that appear to be playing more LB than DL (White and Sylla).

I think what we are seeing is guys ask coaching staffs "Am I going to start next year?" and I think that unless you are clearly a number one, everyone is hopping into the portal to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

I am not saying this is good for the Aggies. I just think this is the way that D-1 football players operate. I think in the long run it really hurts the majority of the players. Take Andre White for example. If he transfers to another school and plays second string on a good Florida team (not saying he is going there, just a hypothetical) then maybe he goes to an ok bowl.

After he graduates and bounces around NFL camps for a year or two he will get a normal job. If he interviews with an Aggie and brings up the Aggie Network, the question is gonna come up, "didn't you leave your senior year?" Not saying the guy/girl doesn't hire him. Not saying that everyone young person doesn't job hop. What I am saying is that me, as a grad, is going to remember that and it will affect thoughts on him as an employee and will definitely impact any "ask" that he might have.

This take is hilarious.

No Aggie interviewing Andre White is going to look at him and think "damn such a well spoken gentleman. Too bad he hurt my feelings and entered the transfer portal. Rejected"

Ridiculous take
-Ben There/R.C.
Off_The_Wood
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

Deuce Harmon hint hinting on Twitter

Gotta love his former teammate encouraging him to bail on us

beerad12man
AG
AWP 97 said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Major speculation to say he would start next year. Either way, we have a ton of guys with his similar size and skill set. We need to get quicker off the edge. I'd rather have kept him for depth than not, but it's not a big deal.
levypantsEOY
vander54 said:

aggiedad7 said:

People are only thinking about starters. Look at how many injuries we had this season. We're losing a ton of depth. That's he real problem. Everyone wants to start, but damn, need some depth too.

We've lost a lot of depth but so far that's it. For the most part our 2 deep is still intact. LJ, White, Ish are big depth losses.

We've been lucky compared to a lot of other schools.

Vander I'm just curious- at what point do you think we should be concerned about the portal?
Your argument seems to revolve around "yeah but really these players weren't going to start so who cares? We are lucky, if anything"
Meanwhile 20+ players and counting have announced (many with significant playing time) and Jimbo has yet to prove himself in any way as adept in the transfer portal world.
Do you honestly believe this is a good thing?
ta ta toothy
AG
When we can't find enough quality players (not just bodies) to come in and fill those spots of need. I think we will start to get a feel after ESD.
vander54
S
levypantsEOY said:

vander54 said:

aggiedad7 said:

People are only thinking about starters. Look at how many injuries we had this season. We're losing a ton of depth. That's he real problem. Everyone wants to start, but damn, need some depth too.

We've lost a lot of depth but so far that's it. For the most part our 2 deep is still intact. LJ, White, Ish are big depth losses.

We've been lucky compared to a lot of other schools.

Vander I'm just curious- at what point do you think we should be concerned about the portal?
Your argument seems to revolve around "yeah but really these players weren't going to start so who cares? We are lucky, if anything"
Meanwhile 20+ players and counting have announced (many with significant playing time) and Jimbo has yet to prove himself in any way as adept in the transfer portal world.
Do you honestly believe this is a good thing?

Many is way over stated. Most of the guys that left were lower on the depth chart. They may have played some but it's not surprising to see them go. A couple had no choice, one had medically retired, one was no longer on the roster and 2 are walk ons.

I'll repeat what I've said before. So far there have been 0 surprises and that is the most important thing.

As of now we 17 returning starters with all 5 of the guys not returning going to the NFL.
LMCane
it would be interesting to compare total team transfer portal losses across the country in every program

and then be able to realize if losing 19 highly ranked scholarship players is the worst in the nation or just average.
mustang1234
Emilio Fantastico said:

DallasAg 94 said:

When do we add Denver Harris, PJ Williams, and Chris Marshall?

Is PJ transferring to Huntsville?
good one
Bogey1996
LMCane said:

it would be interesting to compare total team transfer portal losses across the country in every program

and then be able to realize if losing 19 highly ranked scholarship players is the worst in the nation or just average.
You mention highly ranked. I think a better look would be losing guys that are in the two deep. I think we are only losing LB's that were in the two deep. I don't count Denver Harris bc he was already suspended.

If you look at other schools like Bama, they are losing some pretty highly ranked players as well as a starter on the OL. Many other schools are losing starters including a bunch of starting QB's.

I think we are losing some depth and a few guys that could become dominant players if they go to the right situation, but were buried on our depth chart.
one safe place
Bama has players to lose and they were 10-2, we finished tied for last. Them losing a starter or two won't have near the impact as if we do. With our decline this year and the things still undealt with (no new OC/Jimbo calling plays, OL, etc.) hopefully we don't lose all that many on the two-deep and it winds up that we lose 20 to 25 guys who were not starters, or were problems, and are looking for more playing time, and likely replace them with players of the same type.
OutlawAg17
AG
Bama is losing 3 starting WRs, starting LG, and a lot of OL depth. Color me optimistic but I'd rather have our portal situation vs theirs
TokinAg
AG
When should we start seeing kids transferring in? ESD? I'm unclear on how the rules work, can transfers commit to a new school before ESD?
A-A Ron
TokinAg said:

When should we start seeing kids transferring in? ESD? I'm unclear on how the rules work, can transfers commit to a new school before ESD?
They can commit any time, no deadline. The 45-day window is only for getting in the portal. You can get out anytime you find the right fit (if you find somewhere at all). I think these are the rules anyway.
KCup17
AG
A-A Ron said:

TokinAg said:

They can commit any time, no deadline. The 45-day window is only for getting in the portal. You can get out anytime you find the right fit (if you find somewhere at all). I think these are the rules anyway.

Also depends if the transfer is enrolling at the new university in January or in the summer.
StinkyPinky
AG
Javion Cohen (OL Bama) has entered.
SLaggieDad
vander54 said:

AWP 97 said:

Halconblack said:

Let's look at each of these:
Adeleye: Going to be in for a fight at the deepest position on the team. He knows this. Could he start probably start? Yes. Will he start or even be in the two deep? He would have to earn it against some of the top talent in the nation

White: this is the one I don't understand. However, it is not beyond reason that he saw a Malik Sylla's and the Enai whites, challenging him for a spot in the two deep and didn't want the competition.

Denver: he was not eligible to return to the team as multiple outlets have reported.

Adeleye was the sixth highest DL on our roster. It wasn't like he was chopped liver. He had injury issues. To think he couldn't make the two deep is ludicrous.

It's not ludicrous we had 4 true freshman with with higher ratings than him and 4 guys ahead of him with significantly more PT. But anyone saying he doesn't have great potential is just stupid.
He was rated just as high in the previous (21) recruiting cycle. That said, if stars are some kind of guarantee, why is Kingsley playing in the NFL when he was only a 3* athlete? He was definitely as good as many 5*'s and better than most 4*'s. I believe what I see on the field, against real competition, and Adeleye is a player. Really no need to diminish his athletic ability or question his character. If he wants to leave, that's his option.
Off_The_Wood
AG
fav13andac1)c
AG
Off_The_Wood said:

It's going to be a good evening
txaggieacct85
AG
None Today
KCup17
AG
Marshall in the portal shocked absolutely no one. Expect Lucas to be next.
The Banned
KCup17 said:

Marshall in the portal shocked absolutely no one. Expect Lucas to be next.

But where are we seeing this to be true? Not doubting it in full, but all I see is a TexAgs post
KCup17
AG

I'll cite my sources
Halconblack
AG
Chris Marshall is an obvious disappointment. Before anyone gets really excited either way there are a couple of things to remember:
1) He was awaiting a school review of his issues that got him suspended this past season.
2) He did not enter the portal December 5th, the First day.
3) I would fully expect any of these guys that are in trouble to at least enter their name into the portal.
4) If you aren't expecting the same for Anthony Lucas you should.
5) Entering into the portal doesn't mean you have to leave your school.
6) We know the All-Star recruiters that Jimbo has on staff. If they really think Marshall can get back onto the field and they want him back they have a great shot.
7) All that being said, still sucks and would be a big talent loss.
v/r
vander54
S
Lucas is expected back
BeastmodeAg
AG
Source?
vander54
S
BeastmodeAg said:

Source?

Luicci
rsf0626
Tunmise is literally retweeting every single tweet about people transferring from a&m. Safe to say he did not enjoy his time here
SECTAMU#1
Halconblack said:

Updated to add "interest" for prospective players. There is not a ton of hard reporting on this. So post in the thread and I will add.

Out 20 Scholarship; 3 Non-Scholarship
Summary by Class
2022 2 x 5 Star, 2 x 4-Star
2021 5 x 4-Star
2020 4 x 4-Star 2 x 3-Star
2019 2 x 4-Star, 2 x 3-Star
2017 1 x 3-Star Special class of transfer

Summary Production
Offense 61 GP, 1579 Pass Yards, 725 receiving yards, 115 rushing yards 4 TD
Defense 159 GP, 332 TKL, 17 TFL, 5.5 SK, 6 Int
Kicking 33 GP, 1/4 FG

11/21/22 Donnell Harris Edge TBD '20 4-Star 3/26 4 GP, 3 TKL
11/26/22 Elijah Jeudy Edge TBD '21 4-Star 9/23 4 GP, 1 TKL
11/27/22 Ish Harris LB TBD '22 4-Star 26/29
11/27/22 LJ Johnson RB TBD '21 4-Star 3/23 10 GP, 115 yds, 2 TD
11/28/22 Caden Davis K TBD '19 3-Star 26/27 33 GP, 1/4 FG 40 yd Long
11/29/22 Chase Lane WR TBD '19 3-Star 20/27 27 GP, 48 rec 617 yds, 2 TD
12/1/22 Tunmise Adeleye Edge TBD '21 4-Star 2/23 3 GP 6 TKL
12/1/22 Blake Smith TE TBD '20 3-Star 20/26 6 GP 2 rec 1 yd
12/1/22 Brian George CB TBD JUCO '20 4-Star 19 GP 1 int 23 TKL
12/2/22 Haynes King QB TBD '20 4-Star 8/26 10 GP 56.6% Comp 1579 yds 10 TD 10 INT
12/2/22 Denver Harris CB TBD '22 5-Star 7/29 5 GP 14 TKL
12/2/22 PJ Williams OL TBD '22 4-Star 20/29 7.7 ounces
12/5/22 Eli Stowers QB/TE TBD '21 4-Star 8/23 2 GP
12/5/22 Marcus Burris DL TBD '21 4-Star 6/23 8 GP 1 TKL
12/5/22 Dallas Walker DL TBD '20 3-Star 17/26 2 GP 3 TKL
12/5/22 Myles Jones CB TBD '17 3-Star 14/28 49 GP 124 TKL 6 TFL 4 Int
12/5/22 Josh Moten CB TBD '20 4-Star 15/26 2 GP 1 TKL
12/6/22 Tarian Lee LB TBD '19 3-Star 21/27 23 GP 17 TKL
12/6/22 Andre White LB TBD '19 4-Star 12/27 40 GP 139 TFL 10.5 TFL 5.5 SK 1 Int
12/7/22 Chris Marshall WR TBD '22 5-Star 6/29 6 GP, 11 rec 108 yds

Others
Alan Guerrieiri P
Avery Hughes DB
Ryan Campbell WR

In
None

Interest
Mason Cobb LB OkSt '20 4-Star Visit 12/10/22
Fentrell Cypress CB UVA '19 4-Star Offer
Jimmy Horn Jr WR USF '21 4-Star Offer

Date; Name; Pos; New School; Recruit Class; Stars; Class Rnk; Key Stats
Last updated 12/8/22

Rules on the portal (Courtesy ESPN)
Starting in 2022 the Division I Council approved transfer window dates for when players can enter the portal. Instead of being able to leave a school at any time, players now have to enter the portal within set dates. The first window opens the day after the championship teams are selected, which will be Dec. 5, and closes 45 days later on Jan. 18, 2023. There is also a 15-day spring period from May 1-15.

However, the windows are meant for players to enter their names into the portal, which is different from actually transferring. Once their name is in the portal, they can transfer whenever they want as long as they are able to gain admissions and meet academic requirement dates.

For more data and quick links

Transfer portal changes for 2022

247 Texas A&M Transfer entries

On3's wacky transfer tracker with NIL dollars

Transfer Portal by Class

NCAA Summary data from 2020-2021

That's a lot of players. Hopefully this is it.
levypantsEOY
That has to be it. Am I correct that there are now a total of two scholarship linebackers in the program?
Some big money Ag needs to send a blank check to Hill ASAP.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.