Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

239,356 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KCup17
98WFSCAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChigaroogaBrandon said:

I also remembered the drama with Marshall being rejected by Buzz for the bball team and he posted some drama about it. It's likely we don't want him after his incidents but I'm sure he's gone.

Can you elaborate? I thought he might play bball but didn't know it happened. I don't really know why he's been in trouble. Weed or attitude or???
evestor1
I love Marshall's game...but somewhere he/A&M fell apart.

Wish he would stay, but sure he is gone.
ChigaroogaBrandon
AG
All I remember is he was suspended from football for some weed things, then buzz apparently didn't want him for the bball team and he posted something akin to "I can't believe they took this from me" referencing basketball.
Dr. Horrible
98WFSCAG said:

ChigaroogaBrandon said:

I also remembered the drama with Marshall being rejected by Buzz for the bball team and he posted some drama about it. It's likely we don't want him after his incidents but I'm sure he's gone.

Can you elaborate? I thought he might play bball but didn't know it happened. I don't really know why he's been in trouble. Weed or attitude or???
happened right at the same time as the weed stuff, so......
cevans_40
AG
I can't believe we are losing LBs. How can these guys not be near the top of the depth chart?
cevans_40
AG
I am also not convinced Marshall and Harris are transferring. Williams, on the other hand, may not have a choice.
1996OlAg
AG
Thanks for tracking
Aggieair
The back-up punter jumped in the portal a month ago as well.
TexanJeff
AG
Caden Davis is likely gone too
JPK89
AG
4 said:

ChigaroogaBrandon said:

Those are who I'm curious about. Denver Harris was talented, but if his attitude can't be improved I guess we would be better off losing him?

Don't think it's his attitude.

The guy probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the 'c' and the 't'.

Terry Bradshaw reference?
AG
Nice! There probably aren't 10 guys on here that would've caught that.
Southlake
LJ is behind Achane and Daniels.
caleblyn
Does anyone expect Haynes to show up on this list?
RoadkillBBQ
caleblyn said:

Yes
riverrataggie
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

caleblyn said:

Yes

Max being a back up would be a solid #2.
P.U.T.U
AG
King should go to a Big 12 school or one of the smaller schools that runs a high tempo air-raid type offense. Something with quick passes and an easier scheme where if the first two reads aren't there he can tuck it and run it against easier defenses.

Max would be a solid number 2 qb, get another one in the pipeline that can back up Weigman and take over in 2 more years. Easier said than done to get a solid incoming QB with our current recruiting status.
powderlyag
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

DallasAg 94 said:

When do we add Denver Harris, PJ Williams, and Chris Marshall?

Is PJ transferring to Huntsville?
I saw what you did there
powderlyag
AgEng06
AG
4 said:

Nice! There probably aren't 10 guys on here that would've caught that.

The real quote was "couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and a", but your point probably still stands.
Muy
AG
Haynes is fairly injury prone and may just love being an Ag and getting a degree. You never know.
evestor1
P.U.T.U said:

King should go to a Big 12 school or one of the smaller schools that runs a high tempo air-raid type offense. Something with quick passes and an easier scheme where if the first two reads aren't there he can tuck it and run it against easier defenses.
I am assuming you never watched King play if you are thinking he will excel with being quick and tucking to run.

All i saw was elongated arm motion and him getting sacked a bunch. Felt bad for him out there.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
I think LJ could have been a really good RB for us if given the chance, we won't know. Best of luck to him. Not a huge concern as there are good RBs to sign every year, there isn't always a Spiller or Achane but there are always goods RBs.

Losing ANY LB is bad as right now we have a dearth of LBs, we have Cooper, a couple of warm bodies, and that's it. We need 2 LBs in the portal and to sign 4 overall. Our competition, they have 4-5 LBs as good as Cooper, some just playing STs until late Soph. season. when they start getting PT then start year 3.
bigfoot10s
AG
Southlake said:

LJ is behind Achane and Daniels.
And Moss.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Muy said:

Haynes is fairly injury prone and may just love being an Ag and getting a degree. You never know.
I spoke to Haynes's mom last week and she told me he does love being an Aggie, that he graduates in December with his Bachelor's degree, and will begin working on a master's degree in the spring.

She didn't indicate that he plans on transferring out of A&M.
NoahAg
I'm pretty sure we won't lose as many guys as some of you hope. And most of the guys transferring need to leave.
Sorry, it just won't be the disaster that the Jimbo haters have been waiting for.
Let's go, Brandon!
74AnimalA
AG
Muy said:

And may follow in his dad's footsteps and become an Awesome Football Coach. Lots of folks on this forum don't seem to know much about modern defenses. Haynes could be an awesome contributor in the Film Room.
jsmc71
AG
Any informed opinions on these guys or whether/to what extent we have pursued or showed interest?

Joshua Braun, Florida, Offensive Tackle (247sports.com)

Kevin Pyne, Boston College, Offensive Tackle (247sports.com)

Phillip Webb, LSU, Linebacker (247sports.com)

Daniel Martin, Vanderbilt, Linebacker (247sports.com)

Casey Kline, Boise State, Linebacker (247sports.com)

King Mwikuta, Arkansas State, Linebacker (247sports.com)
oneeyedag
You can click on their offer list.

Of the three LBs, they all had some big-time schools recruiting them. The first LB on your list had 44 offers, and A&M was on the list as an offer as was the Alabama kid.

The oline were highly recruited as well.
Ags77
AG
Big GOOD News. McKinley Jackson is coming back for another year !!!
Gigem
SinKiller
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

I think LJ Johnson will make Jimbo look stupid. The others thus far are just natural attrition.
Nah...
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Ags77 said:

Big GOOD News. McKinley Jackson is coming back for another year !!!
A smart move. If he can have a totally healthy year, he will be a high draft pick. He wrecks shop in the middle while usually getting tackled by the opposing offensive linemen.
txaggieacct85
AG
I'm not seeing a mass exodus
shalackin
AG
How about adding a level of impact to each player so the guys that don't know as much know if this is expected or a big hit to next season.
JPK89
AG
shalackin said:

How about adding a level of impact to each player so the guys that don't know as much know if this is expected or a big hit to next season.
OP added their original star rating which should suffice. What do you want, all of their stats?
txaggieacct85
AG
dang. Caleb Chapman has one catch with Oregon this season, was he injured or just not getting playing time?
Bill Superman
AG
Donovan Green is locked in too. I'm sure we all figured that.

He claims that the transfer portal folks aren't leaving for money reasons, but just need a change of scenery. This makes it sound like those that fell into the depth chart will be the main ones to go, per usual.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.