Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

238,465 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by KCup17
Gyles Marrett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Potentially? 100% yes. Not if he tried to go to the draft this year but certainly has the ability to get to that level.
redjalapeno-87
Players want to get paid. And they argue over pecking order. I heard on a Mississippi news site that covers all sports in that state that Miss. State WR RaRa, their starting WR, is demanding more money than anybody else on the team, and more than the group of 6 defensive linemen they paid as a group to keep them on the team. It is causing friction on the team.

They also said Ole Miss RB Judkins got a $500k 2 year deal that pays him $20k a month. They said Judkins deserves it but RaRa will not get paid that crazy amount from Clanga so RaRa is now looking at Georgia. Thats just the state of free agency. Its just business, not personal! Schools/education don't matter.
W
AG
yes, and when most players transfer in or out...

and don't say NIL was the reason...then NIL was the reason
Gyles Marrett
redjalapeno-87 said:

Players want to get paid. And they argue over pecking order. I heard on a Mississippi news site that covers all sports in that state that Miss. State WR RaRa, their starting WR, is demanding more money than anybody else on the team, and more than the group of 6 defensive linemen they paid as a group to keep them on the team. It is causing friction on the team.

They also said Ole Miss RB Judkins got a $500k 2 year deal that pays him $20k a month. They said Judkins deserves it but RaRa will not get paid that crazy amount from Clanga so RaRa is now looking at Georgia. Thats just the state of free agency. Its just business, not personal! Schools/education don't matter.
and this all just began. It's going to become a joke. You're going to see a lot of guys that had NFL potential become lazy bc they made a few hundred thousand. They'll blow it and end up our of the game not wealthy. But hey at least they get to pretend to be high rollers in college!
redjalapeno-87
I was listening to an LSU podcast last night and they said the reason a certain LB chose LSU over the good guys is that the player did not want to agree to a 3 year NIL commitment. Obviously LSU was more open to shorter term NIL deals. Like NFL/NBA free agents, if they feel they can be stars in the future, they do not want limiters.
schmellba99
AG
Looks like Edgerrin Cooper needs to be added to the list.

Do we have anybody left on defense?
vander54
S
Is it offical yet?
World's worst proofreader
Aggieair
rsf0626 said:

I cant tell if we have the most transfers so far or if we're just getting the most media coverage over it

This is what Saturday Down South is reporting as of today.
https://instagr.am/p/Cl9oEOypvJD

KCup17
AG
Only reason that the final 4 teams have so little is because they are still playing for something.
cs69ag
AG
I think the better teams and programs will typically have more players in the portal each year
as they are down the depth chart with a lot of top players ahead of them, compared with lesser programs
where it may be easier to move up the depth chart to play.
LRHF
AG
cs69ag said:

I think the better teams and programs will typically have more players in the portal each year
as they are down the depth chart with a lot of top players ahead of them, compared with lesser programs

I have Just one question man... just one. Are we considered a "better team"?

That's what I thought
TheTruthsLastHope
LRHF said:

cs69ag said:

I have Just one question man... just one. Are we considered a "better team"?

That's what I thought

No objective person in the world who knows what American football is would consider AnM to be one of the better teams. We don't need to make excuses for the state of the program and not every transfer is trash and never going to play. Kyler Murray was discussed the same way when leaving.
A-A Ron
I wouldn't be too surprised if CFP teams have more enter after the CFP.
romanagg11
cs69ag said:

Wow, A&M is Not a better team than Ohio state or Michigan! Just stop bruh, you're making us Aggies appear to be very delusional! Mediocrity is not a better team. Stfu!
StinkyPinky
AG
It's a lot, but still explainable. When half your team are freshmen and playing exclusively for starting limited positions, the less fortunate will go elsewhere. Half our team are Freshmen, unheard of. So half of those young players (half the Freshmen) would move on. Math says that's more than 20 people. Show me another school with as many freshmen high school stars that want to start, and I'll show you the math that the also supports why they have so many portal particupants.
Aggieair
Bonzer103 said:

It's a lot, but still explainable. When half your team are freshmen and playing exclusively for starting limited positions, the less fortunate will go elsewhere. Half our team are Freshmen, unheard of. So half of those young players (half the Freshmen) would move on. Math says that's more than 20 people. Show me another school with as many freshmen high school stars that want to start, and I'll show you the math that the also supports why they have so many portal particupants.

We've only had 4 true freshmen enter the portal. The majority are upperclassmen.
Aggieair
KCup17 said:

Only reason that the final 4 teams have so little is because they are still playing for something.

This is a valid point that the expanded playoff would at least delay, if not reduce portal entries.
Onionman
Last year didn't we have one of the lowest # of players in the transfer portal of the Power 5 teams at only 8?

We sure had a good year didn't we???
txaggieacct85
AG
Quiet today
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Aggieair said:

Bonzer103 said:

We've only had 4 true freshmen enter the portal. The majority are upperclassmen.

Those upperclassmen in the portal from Aggieland are primarily those that found themselves behind those talented freshmen (sophomores to be) on the depth chart by the end of this season. The few freshmen in the portal are players who were already suspended for disciplinary issues plus Ish Harris.

I believe last year's huge signing class (maybe 31 true fish?) made such a large impact on this team that it forced good players who may be not quite good enough to consider other options...
zephyr88
AG
Aggieair said:

rsf0626 said:

I cant tell if we have the most transfers so far or if we're just getting the most media coverage over it

Of the 20 on our list, isn't there 3 or 4 who were either indefinitely suspended or flat out told not to come back? Most of the list hadn't touched the field or we're buried on the depth chart. There's only been a couple that might have an impact if we can't backfill. This isn't a mass exodus, it's a thinning of the herd for the better.
vander54
S
zephyr88 said:

Aggieair said:

rsf0626 said:

Of the 20 on our list, isn't there 3 or 4 who were either indefinitely suspended or flat out told not to come back? Most of the list hadn't touched the field or we're buried on the depth chart. There's only been a couple that might have an impact if we can't backfill. This isn't a mass exodus, it's a thinning of the herd for the better.

The list includes 2 walk-ons, 2 guys no longer on the roster, and 3 guys that were suspended. Of the rest only Lane, King, and White are guys that saw significant playing time although Lane's time dwindled and we know what happened with King.
KCup17
AG
They are going to have attrition for sure. Just once their season is over. If they leave now they wouldn't get a ring if they won. I fully expect those teams to have at least 10-12 players enter the portal.
amercer
AG
I don't think we can sugarcoat it that much. 5-6 of those guys will probably be contributors on other P5 teams. So it's hard to say that couldn't help us at all. And we were ****ing terrible this year and need all the help we can get.
vander54
S
amercer said:

I don't think we can sugarcoat it that much. 5-6 of those guys will probably be contributors on other P5 teams. So it's hard to say that couldn't help us at all. And we were ****ing terrible this year and need all the help we can get.

Most the guys transferring barely saw the field this year with the ****ty team he had. There are a few potential studs that are transferring but at least 1 had no choice, possibly 2. Most of the guys were good depth guys that might contribute here and there. But by no means am I excited by all the transfers.
Halconblack
AG
I don't think anyone's trying to "sugarcoat it." There are guys that were contributors:
King
Lane
LJ Johnson
White

There were super talented guys that we didn't have a choice on
Harris
Williams
Marshall

But overall, this is just the new norm in College Football. Guys are going to leave if they can't play for depth chart, disciplinary or any other issues.
v/r
AG
vander54 said:

zephyr88 said:

Aggieair said:

rsf0626 said:

The list includes 2 walk-ons, 2 guys no longer on the roster, and 3 guys that were suspended. Of the rest only Lane, King, and White are guys that saw significant playing time although Lane's time dwindled and we know what happened with King.

I don't think this is correct - we have 20 scholarship players transferring at this point.
vander54
S
24601 said:

vander54 said:

zephyr88 said:

Aggieair said:

rsf0626 said:

I don't think this is correct - we have 20 scholarship players transferring at this point.

You're right. Most list I saw included them.
Halconblack
AG
We have 20 scholarship guys that have "announced" for the portal. Another three non-scholarship guys. However, that may not be the exact number in the portal. Only NCAA coaches and administrators have access to the actual portal. This could explain the discrepancies.
v/r
vander54
S
Ok so we are about to lose another veteran that's looking for more playing time.

Going to be a position we are deep at.
Tamuco99
vander54 said:

Ok so we are about to lose another veteran that's looking for more playing time.

Going to be a position we are deep at.
I.R.?
vander54
S
That's one of the guess. I'm think a TE maybe.
suburban cowboy
AG
looch has a post in premium that's blowing up
vander54
S
suburban cowboy said:

looch has a post in premium that's blowing up

It's all wild speculation
1991sir
So not a post about anyone in particular?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.