Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

239,371 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KCup17
Jarrin' Jay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alabama and Oregon also have 18-20 in the portal. Last year Ole Miss added like 17, many of which were starters or key contributors to the 2022 team.

It's just the new reality and will be like this every season. HS recruiting is not the be-all end-all now, management of portal exits and entrants will become just as important if not more important.

It is CFB free agency, and I'm sure the coaches hate it and it makes there life exponentially more difficult.

ND starts 0-2, switches QB and new QB goes 8-2 as the starter and has now entered the xfer portal... WTH?!? If you are transferring I assume you want to keep playing.... is there a better position than being the starting QB for Notre Dame.

We don't have to like it or even learn it, but we do have to live with it and understand it going forward.

Right now it is portal exit season, portal add/entry starts with the "early" signing period I think.

Insert old man yelling at cloud here....
vander54
S
Look at Okie Lite. I would rather lose 20 bench guys than 5 contributors.
World's worst proofreader
Aggieair
vander54 said:

8 of the 19 scholarship guys in the portal were starters at one point or another. At least 3 of them would have continued to be starters had they stayed.
vander54
S
Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

8 of the 19 scholarship guys in the portal were starters at one point or another. At least 3 of them would have continued to be starters had they stayed.

At one point. Who that left would be the starter next year?
Aggieair
vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Tunmise Adeleye, Andre White, Denver Harris
vander54
S
Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

No, no, kicked out of school so no.
W
AG
when star players or starters enter the transfer portal...

one big reason is to secure a better NIL deal
Aggieair
vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Lol this is typical Zoo pumper "i DoNt CaRe i dONt wAnT eM" as soon as anyone decommits or transfers.

Also, Denver was not kicked out of school. He was suspended indefinitely from the team, and is even still on the roster.
KCup17
AG
Do you have proof of this being an actual reason? Or just conjecture?
vander54
S
Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Lol this is typical Zoo pumper "i DoNt CaRe i dONt wAnT eM" as soon as anyone decommits or transfers.

Also, Denver was not kicked out of school. He was suspended indefinitely from the team, and is even still on the roster.

Ok

KCup17
AG
Achane to the draft. While not a portal related update is now another open scholarship.

Aggieair
vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Ok

Ok

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/denver-harris/10756
vander54
S
That doesn't mean anything. He wasn't coming back next year. Plus Adrleye has played in 3 games since being here. He had a chance to start next year but it wasn't likely to happen. White will be missed because we only have 3 LB left but not so sure he was going to be the starter next year.
Aggieair
vander54 said:

That doesn't mean anything. He wasn't coming back next year. Plus Adrleye has played in 3 games since being here. He had a chance to start next year but it wasn't likely to happen. White will be missed because we only have 3 LB left but not so sure he was going to be the starter next year.
Lol I put more stock in the official roster on the official athletics department webpage than a tweet by a fan account on twitter.

And you've moved the goalposts quite a bit in this post.
Halconblack
AG
Let's look at each of these:
Adeleye: Going to be in for a fight at the deepest position on the team. He knows this. Could he start probably start? Yes. Will he start or even be in the two deep? He would have to earn it against some of the top talent in the nation

White: this is the one I don't understand. However, it is not beyond reason that he saw a Malik Sylla's and the Enai whites, challenging him for a spot in the two deep and didn't want the competition.

Denver: he was not eligible to return to the team as multiple outlets have reported.
v/r
vander54
S
No goalposts moving at all. The 3 mentioned were very likely not going to be starting next year without an injury or two. And AT is close to most of the younger guys and recruits. He actually has some good inside info.
OriolePete
Can we just add 1 guy. Anyone. Just please import something
vander54
S
Halconblack said:

Adeleye: Going to be in for a fight at the deepest position on the team. He knows this. Could he start probably start? Yes. Will he start or even be in the two deep? He would have to earn it against some of the top talent in the nation

White: this is the one I don't understand. However, it is not beyond reason that he saw a Malik Sylla's and the Enai whites, challenging him for a spot in the two deep and didn't want the competition.

Denver: he was not eligible to return to the team as multiple outlets have reported.

Not to mention Harris and Russell played well. Harris was a true fish plus we are looking for a starting LB in the portal. Coop is safe so that means the others are not.
vander54
S
OriolePete said:

Can we just add 1 guy. Anyone. Just please import something

We may this weekend but at the very least we will have a good understanding on who we are going after.
Sterling82
Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

So what do you want. Everybody to lay in the floor and kick and scream? Adeleye and White (also the other LBs) are significant losses. I also think the same for the CBs (except for Harris who needs to be someone else's headache). But nobody on here controls any of it. If they leave they leave. If you don't like the reaction, log off and head on over to one of the sip sites to celebrate whatever you find noteworthy.
DGrimesAg92
To each his own. These kids have to go where they can play and do the beat for themselves. I hate the portal, but let's benefit from it:
Aggieair
Sterling82 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

So what do you want. Everybody to lay in the floor and kick and scream? Adeleye and White (also the other LBs) are significant losses. I also think the same for the CBs (except for Harris who needs to be someone else's headache). But nobody on here controls any of it. If they leave they leave. If you don't like the reaction, log off and head on over to one of the sip sites to celebrate whatever you find noteworthy.
Lol there's a quite bit of cognitive dissonance here if you don't like the fact that I pointed out these losses are more significant than people were trying to downplay them to be.
Aggieair
vander54 said:

No goalposts moving at all. The 3 mentioned were very likely not going to be starting next year without an injury or two. And AT is close to most of the younger guys and recruits. He actually has some good inside info.
By your logic, and AT's logic, that would mean Chris Marshall and Anthony Lucas have been kicked off the team already as well. But they haven't jumped in the portal yet, which is good news so far.
vander54
S
Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

By your logic, and AT's logic, that would mean Chris Marshall and Anthony Lucas have been kicked off the team already as well. But they haven't jumped in the portal yet, which is good news so far.

First off each of the 4 guys suspended cases were different. Also Marshall is most likely gone as wel, but he's not in the portal yet so there is some hope
TxAg76
AG
Halconblack said:

I'm guessing Sylla and E.White at LB were situational and not any indication of potential full time (or meaningful time) play
vander54
S
TxAg76 said:

Halconblack said:

I'm guessing Sylla and E.White at LB were situational and not any indication of potential full time (or meaningful time) play

They were crossed trained for 3 LB sets but if I'm not mistaken they played some in our 2 back sets.
aggiedad7
People are only thinking about starters. Look at how many injuries we had this season. We're losing a ton of depth. That's he real problem. Everyone wants to start, but damn, need some depth too.
vander54
S
aggiedad7 said:

People are only thinking about starters. Look at how many injuries we had this season. We're losing a ton of depth. That's he real problem. Everyone wants to start, but damn, need some depth too.

We've lost a lot of depth but so far that's it. For the most part our 2 deep is still intact. LJ, White, Ish are big depth losses.

We've been lucky compared to a lot of other schools.
AG
Not sure Ish can even be considered a depth loss.

He never saw the field at a massive, thin position of need. We even played DEs at linebacker before playing him.

Tunmise, White and LJ to a lesser extent for sure.
AWP 97
AG
AggieDub04 said:

60% of players that go into the portal don't land anywhere. Some of these players declaring could wind up back with the team.

That's rarely how it works. A lot of these kids don't find new homes and end up relinquishing their ability to go to college for free. Free will is a B sometimes.
vander54
S
4 said:

Not sure Ish can even be considered a depth loss.

He never saw the field at a massive, thin position of need. We even played DEs at linebacker before playing him.

Tunmise, White and LJ to a lesser extent for sure.

True. Tunmise isn't a loss to me because he didn't really see the field and we have so much young talent on the DL. That doesn't mean he isn't going to be great it's just a position we could afford to lose.
AWP 97
AG
vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

If healthy, Adeleye would have started this year and next. Why do you think differently?
vander54
S
AWP 97 said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

Aggieair said:

vander54 said:

If healthy, Adeleye would have started this year and next. Why do you think differently?

He lost his spot because he couldn't stay healthy. Yes things could have been different if he didn't get hurt and he will probably go be really good somewhere but it's one position I'm not concerned with.
vander54
S
Not sure if it's true or not but apparently Marshall's situation is under review by the Univetsity.
AWP 97
AG
Halconblack said:

Adeleye was the sixth highest DL on our roster. It wasn't like he was chopped liver. He had injury issues. To think he couldn't make the two deep is ludicrous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.