Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

238,450 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by KCup17
KCup17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd rather have a bunch of no stars who kamikaze all over the field than a bunch of hard working 3-stars.
Halconblack
AG
If Siano and Landis can brign toughness and competition to their group practices, they have done their job. We had several guys that got out of control last year. At least one of them (Denver Harris) was due to the player not being held to a high enough standard by the coaches and the other players.
v/r
bv86ag
AG
It would be nice if both could provide LB depth.
ABATTBQ87
AG
KCup17 said:

I'd rather have a bunch of no stars who kamikaze all over the field than a bunch of hard working 3-stars.

Hmm, sounds like the 12th man kickoff team from the 80s

This year is the 40th anniversary of the original team (1983)
KCup17
AG
BRING THEM BACK!!!
Reno Hightower
There have to be a few more AAC, Mountain West or C-USA walk-on LB's out there that would like to come in and add depth.

In Santucci we trust!
agcrock2005
AG
Not sure if recruiting or portal related, but was just eating lunch at a hole in the wall Mexican place in Denton (La Fondita, very good) and in comes Venables and one of his assistants. At first I was wondering why Clemson coach was here then I saw the Big 12 logo on his hoodie and remembered he made the move. Guess there is another stud in one of the Denton schools to pull the head coach on the trail.
levypantsEOY
Sips just hit the portal and signed UGA's best WR, who for some reason left the best program in the country for… Sark After Dark??
Meanwhile Jimbo is picking up walk-on LBs.
Can someone please explain where our bagmen have gone?
vander54
S
May have good news soon.
World's worst proofreader
agcrock2005
AG
vander54 said:

May have good news soon.
I hope the position starts with L and ends with B.
vander54
S
Not necessarily but could be multiply guys including the position group that start with W and end in R

Could also see some action from a position that starts with D and ends in B
HoustonAg2106
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Sips just hit the portal and signed UGA's best WR, who for some reason left the best program in the country for… Sark After Dark??

Other schools have caught up to us on NIL, you gotta have more than just money when it comes to an offer
Scotty Appleton
levypantsEOY said:

Ladd McConkey is going to sipville?
W
AG
so as of January 23rd...

the program is sitting with 26 out and 2 in
vander54
S
W said:

so as of January 23rd...

We were never going to be close to replacing our transfers with transfers. We may end up with around 10
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

so as of January 23rd...

TheTruthsLastHope
W said:

so as of January 23rd...

Football is just too far of a violent sport with so much attrition and injury. Really putting yourself behind the 8 ball not being able to field higher end talent, quality players for 85 scholarship limit. Not if you're serious about winning a conference and competing for a NC. Next season could be very similar to this season maybe 1-2 more wins.
vander54
S
TheTruthsLastHope said:

W said:

so as of January 23rd...

Football is just too far of a violent sport with so much attrition and injury. Really putting yourself behind the 8 ball not being able to field higher end talent, quality players for 85 scholarship limit. Not if you're serious about winning a conference and competing for a NC. Next season could be very similar to this season maybe 1-2 more wins.

Wow
vander54
S
Positive: Got one of the WR in question.

Negative: our depth in the secondary may have scared off the two in question
Halconblack
AG
Vander, who were the other two?
v/r
vander54
S
Halconblack said:

Vander, who were the other two?

Ole Miss starting CB and safety

Davison Igbinosun and Tysheem Johnson
OldArmyAggie94
AG
This is a great thread…

Do we really only have THREE threaders in? Why so few?
vander54
S
OldArmyAggie94 said:

This is a great thread…

Because we don't have a lot of open starting spots. Most of what we need is depth.

Granted I would like to see a couple more right now
warrington
vander54 said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

This is a great thread…

Because we don't have a lot of open starting spots. Most of what we need is depth.

This is the correct answer. Transfers are wanting to come in and be a starter. Our first line i believe is set, we need the second line up to build. transfers don't want to come off the bench, even though they are still just as important
HoustonAg2106
AG
warrington said:

vander54 said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

This is a great thread…

This is the correct answer. Transfers are wanting to come in and be a starter. Our first line i believe is set, we need the second line up to build. transfers don't want to come off the bench, even though they are still just as important

What a total cop out and lame attempt to defend Jimbo's lack of portal activity. Do you think all 14 of the players transferring to Ole Miss or 11 to LSU are going to be starters? Or do you think they will compete for starting positions like everyone else. Sure a few of them are filling open starter roles, but definitely not all of them. Some are going there to be backups and maybe start in the future
vander54
S
HoustonAg2106 said:

warrington said:

vander54 said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

This is a great thread…

What a total cop out and lame attempt to defend Jimbo's lack of portal activity. Do you think all 14 of the players transferring to Ole Miss or 11 to LSU are going to be starters? Or do you think they will compete for starting positions like everyone else. Sure a few of them are filling open starter roles, but definitely not all of them. Some are going there to be backups and maybe start in the future

Ok. 19 of our 22 starters are returning. Something like 35 of our 44 2 deep are returning. Ole Miss lost several starters to NFL/Portal, they were a heavy SR contributing team. We lost 3 starters to the NFL and 0 to the portal. Only 2 positions were hit hard by transfers DB/LB. We have signed 2 DB but no LB. But when you look at LB both starters are returning and we have a total of 6. Only thing we need here is an upgrade to one starter/experienced backup.

We were the youngest team in the SEC last year and almost all of those contributors are back. It's a tough sell to bring in a super talented transfer. We have signed 3 at big needs and we are still after a couple more. Is our current situation ideal when it comes to the portal? No but we aren't in horrible shape like a lot want to think.
AWP 97
AG
Our biggest issue is that we didn't recruit high school players very well. If you had 6 more quality high school players, we would only need roughly 3 more transfer portal guys. This is a much more manageable number especially given the late transfer portal window in May.
NoahAg
vander54 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

warrington said:

vander54 said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

This is a great thread…

Ok. 19 of our 22 starters are returning. Something like 35 of our 44 2 deep are returning. Ole Miss lost several starters to NFL/Portal, they were a heavy SR contributing team. We lost 3 starters to the NFL and 0 to the portal. Only 2 positions were hit hard by transfers DB/LB. We have signed 2 DB but no LB. But when you look at LB both starters are returning and we have a total of 6. Only thing we need here is an upgrade to one starter/experienced backup.

We were the youngest team in the SEC last year and almost all of those contributors are back. It's a tough sell to bring in a super talented transfer. We have signed 3 at big needs and we are still after a couple more. Is our current situation ideal when it comes to the portal? No but we aren't in horrible shape like a lot want to think.
Exactly. I don't know why so many here look at Ole Miss and Kiffin as some bar to reach for. He's going to live and die by the portal each year. And he still only went 8-5, which is about normal for him. Meanwhile, we have some pretty stacked young talent coming back for the foreseeable seasons.
Let's go, Brandon!
vander54
S
AWP 97 said:

Our biggest issue is that we didn't recruit high school players very well. If you had 6 more quality high school players, we would only need roughly 3 more transfer portal guys. This is a much more manageable number especially given the late transfer portal window in May.

I'm not do sure this is correct but it is possible. We need experience more than anything right now. Plus if we signed 30 HS kids then it would put us in a difficult spot next year as we may only have 3 or 4 guys that have exhausted their eligibility.

Also we signed a very nice small class.
Hunter5500
Dude, I love this breakdown
levypantsEOY
Need to add Wykoff.
Unreal.
FamousAgg
So nearly 2/3 of these players haven't found a landing spot. Doesn't seem great to miss spring ball.

We're these players overvaluing themselves?
Aggieair
I don't think the OP has been updated for a while.

Also curious as to anymore news on Tyrin Smith regarding him going back to UTEP.
HoopsAg
Aggieair said:

I don't think the OP has been updated for a while.

Also curious as to anymore news on Tyrin Smith regarding him going back to UTEP.
Per Travis Brown (Twitter), "Jimbo Fisher said he believes UTEP WR Transfer Tyrin Smith is going back to UTEP."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.