Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

239,364 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KCup17
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crjdoc said:

Caden Davis - K showing up in portal today, assume he lost FG job to Bond
He lost the starting job after the App State game.
phatty26
p8aggie said:

Need to add Caden Davis to the list

Definitely he's awful
phatty26
firethewagonup said:

Draft of TP?

90ags said:

Caden Davis to the transfer portal....

https://twitter.com/_cadendavis

Missed fg's and couldn't kick the ball in bounds
beerad12man
AG
Walk-on 93 said:

I understand the sentiment of your post, but there is also something to say about having 4 and 5 yr Jr/Sr's on your team. I think a big part of the problem with our season was that we didn't have upperclassmen to lead and show the young talent what it takes to win games. We just can't perpetually have a "young talented" team.

Probably not a great example here, but when Tyree Wilson left after his freshman year, we all probably said it didn't matter because he didn't contribute. He's now a Sr LB that will likely be drafted. Would we have benefited from having him on our defense this year? My thoughts are yes…

I wish the best to everyone that leaves, but we also need to develop a culture of developing players and keeping them in the system.

Yes, you obviously have to keep and develop guys. Make sure you have more upperclassmen. That was one of the issues we had this season. Not enough of them. but you can't keep everyone

If you did, we could only take about 12 players this year.
wheelz
AG
Walk-on 93 said:

I understand the sentiment of your post, but there is also something to say about having 4 and 5 yr Jr/Sr's on your team. I think a big part of the problem with our season was that we didn't have upperclassmen to lead and show the young talent what it takes to win games. We just can't perpetually have a "young talented" team.

Probably not a great example here, but when Tyree Wilson left after his freshman year, we all probably said it didn't matter because he didn't contribute. He's now a Sr LB that will likely be drafted. Would we have benefited from having him on our defense this year? My thoughts are yes…

I wish the best to everyone that leaves, but we also need to develop a culture of developing players and keeping them in the system.

Yes it's a novel idea that some kids take 2-3 years before they're ready to play.
beerad12man
AG
ElephantRider said:

LJ leaving is 100% on Jimbo dumb****ery

What a weird take. While I wish we had rotated more, the fact is we weren't rotating 4 backs. Lj had been passed up by amari and leveon.
beerad12man
AG
antman8504 said:

The biggest position of need is linebacker. We lose White and Russell. Plus Harris to the portal. Cooper is the only one coming back with experience.

Fisher needs to get 3 linebackers in the portal and hope 1 or 2 are solid contributors

Every linebacker on the team has eligibility.

I want a portal guy, too. But we will be trying to keep white and russel.
HarveyBirdman
AG
one safe place said:

HarveyBirdman said:

My nephew played football at a Big 12 school and he informed me at Thanksgiving that his buddy, a Fr LB at that same school, is planning on transferring to A&M. This kid had a breakout year this year. Solid get if it comes to fruition

This is absolutely not a "..saw Ferris at 31 flavors last night" situation but roast away for me not naming names
Fully understand not naming names but maybe you could slightly alter the names. Like rather than say Curtis Dickey, you could say Durtis Cickey.

Did a follow up, I made a mistake…the kid is not a Tr Fr. He was a Jr this year and had almost 100 tackles, most on the team. Again, rock solid get if it works out.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Crjdoc said:

Sophomore PK Randy Bond hit a 25-yard field goal and went 5-of-5 on PATs. He wrapped up the season 13-of-17 (76.5%) on field goals and 25-of-25 on extra points.
AggieDub04
AG
txaggieacct85 said:

Bill Superman said:

firethewagonup said:

txaggieacct85 said:

2023 Texas A&M Football Transfer Portal Wire (on3.com)

I don't want to say what this looks like with a $$ value next to their names…BUUUUUT
Looks like LJ Johnson wasn't worth 55k for us…
I'm just wondering how they come up with that NIL value
I read somewhere it's primarily tied to their social media. Followers, tweets, etc. In other words what would they be worth on the open market (separate from college football) for their NIL.
AggieDub04
AG
HarveyBirdman said:

one safe place said:

HarveyBirdman said:

My nephew played football at a Big 12 school and he informed me at Thanksgiving that his buddy, a Fr LB at that same school, is planning on transferring to A&M. This kid had a breakout year this year. Solid get if it comes to fruition

This is absolutely not a "..saw Ferris at 31 flavors last night" situation but roast away for me not naming names
Fully understand not naming names but maybe you could slightly alter the names. Like rather than say Curtis Dickey, you could say Durtis Cickey.

Did a follow up, I made a mistake…the kid is not a Tr Fr. He was a Jr this year and had almost 100 tackles, most on the team. Again, rock solid get if it works out.
Potential Candidates (I'm assuming "almost" means more than 80)
Austin Moore - Kansas State - 82 tackles
Mason Cobb - Oklahoma State - 96 tackles
Lee Kpogba - West Virginia - 92 tackles

Doesn't look like we offered any of the three out of high school and none are from Texas. There's also no one named Birdman on any of the rosters so I'm betting on Cobb.
waco_aggie05
AG
Any of the 3 considered to have more of a 'breakout year' compared to the others?
AG
RealTalk said:

Crjdoc said:

He lost the starting job after the App State game.

Honestly, Bond was one of the brightest spots on the team this season.

The kid is money.
Cotton79
AG
Sure, I'm as interested as anybody in key names that will surface over the coming days and week or so, i.e., those who are "portal'ing out" as well as those who might be "portal'ing in."

But there are still two overarching questions/issues that loom larger than just singular names:

• The evolutionary psychology of the portal itself (for both players and schools)
  • Jimbo's question: how in the heck are other schools ... ahem, cough, cough, Bama ... able to nab key portal players within moments of them "portal'ing out" from another school? (And in many cases, a fellow SEC school?) All while there are specific No-Contact rules beforehand. Hmmmm... fishy, no?!

On the former, I don't have any idea of what would go through a player's head while trying to make such a decision, but I do know the psychological mind games and what-if scenarios I have run through on various decisions, even the mundane ones. From that, I can only imagine the weight of Atlas kind of decisions that "portal'ing out" athletes must have. I mean, they've made such a weighty choice once already, and now he must do it again?

On the later, I've heard Jimbo raise this question more than a few times lately. I can only hope that other coaches say the same thing as clearly there are some shenanigans and rule-bending (if not out'n'out rule breaking) afoot. Jimbo raises a very salient point.

Gig'em, Aggies!
Dr. Tinkle
Chase Lane hitting the portal. We could end up pretty thin at WR if Anias, Brown and Marshal are gone next year. Hoping Brown and Marshal stick it out.
rsf0626
add Chase Lane to the list
rsf0626
AggieDub04
AG
Kpogba was a Juco kid which could explain why the poster though he was a freshman even though he was a junior.
SLaggieDad
"but we also need to develop a culture of developing players and keeping them in the system."

This is critical for many reasons. Assuming we lose 8 to 12 players from last years class, how does that impact the roster?

• We had -30 in last years class and losing "only" 1/3 is never a good thing. We can't afford to develop players who transfer to other teams, especially to teams which we compete against in the SECw. That takes PT away from other kids who probably want to be here for the right reasons.
  • Had we kept the majority of last years class, we'd have a much older and more experienced roster in 24. If anyone doubts the importance of an older/experienced roster, take a look at TCU & Michigan's rosters AND their records. If you want consistency (like winning), age & experience are critical factors when building a roster.
  • If we lose 1/3 of last years class, we have to utilize the transfer portal to re-balance our roster. Does Jimbo understand that? Better yet, does Jimbo know how to leverage the transfer portal? His theory of L's creating opportunity for kids wanting PT is weak. That says a lot about Jimbo because the L's are on him. How does he sell that BS?
  • The other factor in "successful" roster management is KEEPING your draft eligible players. Which of those players will Jimbo convince to stay for next years championship run?

AggieDub04
AG
SL****dad said:

"but we also need to develop a culture of developing players and keeping them in the system."

This is critical for many reasons. Assuming we lose 8 to 12 players from last years class, how does that impact the roster?

• We had -30 in last years class and losing "only" 1/3 is never a good thing. We can't afford to develop players who transfer to other teams, especially to teams which we compete against in the SECw. That takes PT away from other kids who probably want to be here for the right reasons.
  • Had we kept the majority of last years class, we'd have a much older and more experienced roster in 24. If anyone doubts the importance of an older/experienced roster, take a look at TCU & Michigan's rosters AND their records. If you want consistency (like winning), age & experience are critical factors when building a roster.
  • If we lose 1/3 of last years class, we have to utilize the transfer portal to re-balance our roster. Does Jimbo understand that? Better yet, does Jimbo know how to leverage the transfer portal? His theory of L's creating opportunity for kids wanting PT is weak. That says a lot about Jimbo because the L's are on him. How does he sell that BS?
  • The other factor in "successful" roster management is KEEPING your draft eligible players. Which of those players will Jimbo convince to stay for next years championship run?

Where are you getting that assumption? Everything I've seen is 4 to 8 range.
Halconblack
AG
Thanks for all the comments and requests. I will continue to do my best to make this as useful as possible.
v/r
Emilio Fantastico
AG
It's called trolling.
Aggie87
AG
MagnumLoad said:

Martrell Harris and Enai say high.

That's what got Denver Harris & Marshall etc suspended in the first place!
Bigdaddycigar
AG
For what it's worth Walter Nolan said with a definite yes that he was coming back next year when some lady asked him on the field after the LSU game.
ccolley68
AG
Can this thread not get a sticky to keep it at the top?
Halconblack
AG
That would be nice. But Liucci would probably only do that if I paid to be a sponsor!

Hey Texags, in all honesty that is probably not a bad idea on some of these periodic threads in the boards. I know sponsors are always looking for content. A quick blurb about whatever their product is inside the transfer portal, recruiting or game threads would probably get them a lot more views and would keep the topics at the top for a while.

Some of the guys that do a great job on the game threads might even deserve a little compensation. I know the guys on baseball put a lot into it.
v/r
Greencougars
Marshall is not going into the portal. He's already stated that. Williams if he's able to stay in school. Will not go in the portal either. I can't speak for the other 2 players
evestor1
awesome on marshall - had not seen any quotes from him. really like watching his game.
Greencougars
Gyles Marrett
Greencougars said:

Marshall is not going into the portal. He's already stated that. Williams if he's able to stay in school. Will not go in the portal either. I can't speak for the other 2 players
Out of that entire group the only one I don't think I'd like to see back is Williams. None of the others have been in any trouble since suspended but the fact that he was arrested with a few pounds of weed while suspended leads me to believe he's not one that is going to correct his course.

Who knows after that arrest what legal issues he's going to have that would prevent him from coming back. I'd like to see Harris, Lucas, and Marshall return and right their wrongs. Another strike I'd then be done. For Harris and Marshall it would be strike 3 including the first suspension for curfew.
Whoop Delecto
AG
aggies4life
AG
Hmmm

Southlake
Incoming K / P White is nails.

Ask me how I know…
txaggieacct85
AG
KCup17
AG
Tunmise Adeleye is the latest to enter the portal.

Beaten to it by 2 mins.
txaggieacct85
AG
KCup17 said:

Tunmise Adeleye is the latest to enter the portal.

Beaten to it by 2 mins.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.