Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

239,348 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KCup17
KCup17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. In a normal year that would be what is happening anyways.
vander54
S
KCup17 said:

Yes. In a normal year that would be what is happening anyways.

I would be ok with that if we had more guys sticking around. I don't want to have to find 4+ guys from the portal. 2 or 3 will be hard enough.
World's worst proofreader
KCup17
AG
True but I also think we could potentially get guys in the portal with higher ceilings.

I kinda already thought he was leaving anyways
vander54
S
KCup17 said:

True but I also think we could potentially get guys in the portal with higher ceilings.

I kinda already thought he was leaving anyways

If it wasn't for the numbers I would 100% agree.

Perfect situation would be he sticks around until spring and then leave after we've upgraded.

Artorias
AG
Are we still not concerned about the number of players leaving?
AG
No. We are telling ourselves that they weren't starters, so all is good
Johnsy3
AG
Greencougars said:

Jr yr he's eligible after the season duh

Yes I know
KCup17
AG
4 said:

No. We are telling ourselves that they weren't starters, so all is good

I was once concerned and now it's just humorous.
amercer
AG
It's ok. We only need 22 guys to field a team. I assume someone can learn to kick in the off-season, and one of the WR can practice at 2 spots on D so we don't need the QB to backup anyone on that side of the ball.
vander54
S
We have our starting K and QB1 and QB 2 still
Onionman
On the flip side, didn't A&M have some of the fewest transfer portal players leave last year?

Sure didn't seem to help A&M this year.
74AnimalA
AG
4 said:

vander54 said:

txaggieacct85 said:

Outside of Haynes King who on this list has started a game?

Andre White
Tunmise Adeleye - couldn't stay healthy
Chase Lane
Miles Jones - couldn't stay healthy

Those are just off the top of my head.

Denver Harris and Chris Marshall both started games. Both are morons and couldn't come back, but they did start games.
EDIT EDIT.... Would have been better posted if it said "HAD A POSITIVE IMPACT" on games.
SLaggieDad
amercer said:

It's ok. We only need 22 guys to field a team. I assume someone can learn to kick in the off-season, and one of the WR can practice at 2 spots on D so we don't need the QB to backup anyone on that side of the ball.
It would be nice to have another 44 or so as backups. Maybe 22 for practicing against the first 22. Make it an even 85.
Halconblack
AG
In case anyone missed it Chase Lane to Georgia Tech.
v/r
Bison
AG
It's odd: you leave because you want time on the field to enhance your draftability, but what if you end up at a program that's overall LESS visible? I suppose it's about right-weighting NIL money and potential draft money.

I'll be curious to see if there are any transfers out there who end up in another program WITHOUT getting some NIL money to do so.
Agthatbuilds
Bison said:

It's odd: you leave because you want time on the field to enhance your draftability, but what if you end up at a program that's overall LESS visible? I suppose it's about right-weighting NIL money and potential draft money.

I'll be curious to see if there are any transfers out there who end up in another program WITHOUT getting some NIL money to do so.

I would think the vast majority do not get NIL deals when they transfer
Unemployed
AG
Halconblack said:

In case anyone missed it Chase Lane to Georgia Tech.
Good luck to Chase. At least he'll receive a better education.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Bison said:

I would think the vast majority do not get NIL deals when they transfer
Which is how it's supposed to work, I would think. You're not starting on one team. You transfer to another to get on the field more. How valuable is you Name-Image-Likeness? The reason high school recruits get NIL deals is the expectation they'll do well on the field. 2 years later, when they haven't seen the field much, their NIL is lower. Sometimes much lower.
DallasAg 94
Aggieair said:

KCup17 said:

Well Antonio Johnson is off the the League. Not a portal update but makes room for the young guys to fill the gap.

Assuming we lose those 3, and don't lose anyone else to the portal/draft/retirement, we are down to 54 players.

2023 currently has 13 commits, which bumps us up to 67.

So we still need 18 more players between the 2023 class and portal.
At 54 players, we add 31 to get to 85.

Bama takes 25-30 new players every year.

Everyone was complaining about our recruiting class that it was only 11 players. In part, because we had so much dead weight, we couldn't offer more scholarships.

Now that several players who have been injured most of their time here are in the Portal, we can offer more scholarships.

We are at 13. We likely add 7-8 more for the incoming class. We'll likely add 7-8 this round in the portal.

We are adding guys with tremendous talent.
agcrock2005
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Aggieair said:

KCup17 said:

Well Antonio Johnson is off the the League. Not a portal update but makes room for the young guys to fill the gap.

Assuming we lose those 3, and don't lose anyone else to the portal/draft/retirement, we are down to 54 players.

Everyone was complaining about our recruiting class that it was only 11 players. In part, because we had so much dead weight, we couldn't offer more scholarships.

Now that several players who have been injured most of their time here are in the Portal, we can offer more scholarships.

We are at 13. We likely add 7-8 more for the incoming class. We'll likely add 7-8 this round in the portal.

Have we added anyone yet?
AggieDub04
AG
agcrock2005 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Aggieair said:

KCup17 said:

I mean, there's that Owens guy...
KCup17
AG
agcrock2005 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Aggieair said:

KCup17 said:

TBD on if we have gotten anyone talented from the portal.
redjalapeno-87
Texas A&M offered Joshua Cobbs, WR, 6'4' 205 from San Antonio playing for Wyoming. 2 years experience totaling 60 catches for 652 yeards and 3 TDs.

vander54
S
Smoke in the portal. Probably headed to Colorado.
redjalapeno-87
Texas A&M offered Jason Maitre, DB, 5'10', 188lbs, from Boston College. 6th year senior next season. Played nickle and free safety.

Amarillo Slim
AG
vander54 said:

Don't know why but this just hit me different. Maybe in time this stuff levels off but it just is very discouraging. If they don't come in and start from day one then I need to transfer. Instant gratification or cancel!!! Guess it pretty much mirrors all of society.
vander54
S
Amarillo Slim said:

vander54 said:

Don't know why but this just hit me different. Maybe in time this stuff levels off but it just is very discouraging. If they don't come in and start from day one then I need to transfer. Instant gratification or cancel!!! Guess it pretty much mirrors all of society.

He's probably following his gaurdian and one of our old analyst to Colorado. This wasn't a big surprise.
dannyv
AG
Amarillo Slim said:

vander54 said:

I was actually surprised it hadn't already happened. I guess I never felt like he had both feet in from the beginning. Don't know why - just my perception from the outside. Hopefully we can get a couple of the DBs we're after in the portal.
vander54
S
You're not the only one to say that.

The coming weeks will tell us a lot about what's going on. If we miss on the portal guys we may be in trouble.
txaggieacct85
AG
Add Smoke Bouie.

txaggieacct85
AG
Wow all that's left are players that actually want to play football.
jsmc71
AG
This is getting pretty ****ed up.
KCup17
AG
Where there's smoke there is fire
levypantsEOY
vander54 said:

Amarillo Slim said:

vander54 said:

This wasn't a big surprise.

Vander- you keep saying "not really a surprise" after every portal announcement, which is now at like 22.
How many were you expecting to leave?
At what point will the number of players bailing the program cause you concern?
There is now zero depth at several key areas- what makes you so optimistic that Jimbo will upgrade from what he already had?
vander54
S
levypantsEOY said:

vander54 said:

Amarillo Slim said:

vander54 said:

This wasn't a big surprise.

Vander- you keep saying "not really a surprise" after every portal announcement, which is now at like 22.
How many were you expecting to leave?
At what point will the number of players bailing the program cause you concern?
There is now zero depth at several key areas- what makes you so optimistic that Jimbo will upgrade from what he already had?

No I haven't. I've said it on a handful of guys.

Also most our starters are still here. We haven't lost any to the portal. A few from our second string but most are 3rd or 4th string guys. The numbers suck but if we can grab an experienced WR, LB and CB we will be ok. Still not great to see but I'm going to wait and see.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.