Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

239,485 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KCup17
74AnimalA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggieair said:

Bonzer103 said:

It's a lot, but still explainable. When half your team are freshmen and playing exclusively for starting limited positions, the less fortunate will go elsewhere. Half our team are Freshmen, unheard of. So half of those young players (half the Freshmen) would move on. Math says that's more than 20 people. Show me another school with as many freshmen high school stars that want to start, and I'll show you the math that the also supports why they have so many portal particupants.

We've only had 4 true freshmen enter the portal. The majority are upperclassmen.
Whoa. A RS-Freshman has already had 2 years in the weight room, film room and at practice to decide if they "Stack Up" or not.

I suspect a whole lot of those RS-Fish, Soph's & and Jr's that only got PT on Special Teams know where they "Stack Up."

The fact that many True Freshman, that had "Less Time" in the film room, and less time at Practice, but still got plenty of playing time, tells me that their talent is far better than those that already had 1 year to further mature and get acclimated.

I would doubt they got more Playing Time, because they were a bigger risk of transferring. Now IF that's the case, it's a sad state of affairs, because you are coaching from behind.
txaggieacct85
AG
Terry Price son.

AgEng06
AG
Only posted 3 times on the previous page. Well done.
levypantsEOY
Love the sunshine pumpers wishing on a star that Jimbo will be able to upgrade across the board to replace the 21 (and counting) players already in the system who decided to jump ship. "No real losses here derp derp."
The zoo is an amazing place.

Seriously someone reach out to Buzbee and explain he needs to leave a briefcase with $1M cash outside the Hill household ASAP.
OutlawAg17
AG
My brother in Christ, instead of doom posting maybe take a break from this thread. This team, this situation (with the portal), and this year have been rough. Regardless, the incessant ******* negging does nothing.
TokinAg
AG
He's one of a handful of trolls, best to ignore him and move on. As they say, don't feed the trolls.. it's the attention that they crave.
levypantsEOY
Apologies for being down about the current state of affairs.
I'm sure it will all work out.
O line should be good next year and might have the best receiving corp in the SEC. If Rueben can hit the ground running, there's no reason to not put points up.
As it stands now, Jimbo can afford 0.0 injuries, particularly on defense. Haven't seen much to believe he can turn it on in the portal but hope spring eternal.
txaggieacct85
AG
Outside of Haynes King who on this list has started a game?
vander54
S
txaggieacct85 said:

Andre White
Tunmise Adeleye - couldn't stay healthy
Chase Lane
Miles Jones - couldn't stay healthy

Those are just off the top of my head.
World's worst proofreader
TokinAg
AG
Levy is going to forget to sign into his other account while replying to himself one of these days..
AG
vander54 said:

txaggieacct85 said:

Andre White
Chase Lane

Denver Harris and Chris Marshall both started games. Both are morons and couldn't come back, but they did start games.
vander54
S
4 said:

vander54 said:

txaggieacct85 said:

Andre White
Chase Lane

Denver Harris and Chris Marshall both started games. Both are morons and couldn't come back, but they did start games.

Duh. I knew I was forgetting some and despite what some think it's possible they were good loses.
AG
vander54 said:

What intrigues me about Looch's comments is he said the transfer is from a fairly stacked room. If Smith comes back we will have 5 WR, all ahead of Price. If he doesn't that's only 4 WR, hardly stacked.

In fairness, he also said Chavis was absolutely not coming here just before he was announced as our new DC.

He said OU and tu were not coming to the SEC despite the rumors during SEC media days 2 years ago, 24 hours before it was confirmed that they were indeed coming

The 2019 O line was the strength of the team during fall camp. Horrible o line that year.

Haynes King is "going to be special" on multiple occasions.

He's not infallible.
AG
vander54 said:

4 said:

vander54 said:

txaggieacct85 said:

Andre White
Chase Lane

Duh. I knew I was forgetting some and despite what some think it's possible they were good loses.

Oh, they were definitely good losses. If you've ever been in a locker room with knuckleheads like these two, you know.
AggBock
AG
I think they were told to go. There must have been something serious happen with all the rules violations. I think Jimbo just cleaned house.
txaggieacct85
AG
90ags
Have heard the staff has tried to get JoJo Earle to visit, but think TCU is the favorite to beat (i.e., probably an inside 'tell' regarding that OC).

Apparently we really wanted a Texas A&M Commerce WR, but he committed to the Pigs.

We seem to be chasing more WRs than most other positions, but hopefully will see a couple LBs (of quality) and maybe at least an OL or 2.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
vander54
S
I heard we were exploring interest on both but no where I've I heard we were pushing for them.
OutlawAg17
AG
I know it isn't portal related but it looks like Toni Mitchell is confirmed for the recruiting weekend.

vander54
S
It should be a good weekend.
Greencougars
They are 16 because they lost to us and then Georgia. Come on are u that out of it on how rankings work. WE are not ranked so loosing to us dropped them more. Weird
90ags
Looks like Chase Lane may be committing to GATech for his next stop.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Rule#2
AG
Not that HE wouldn't, but I'm glad he found a spot because not everyone will
KCup17
AG
Well Antonio Johnson is off the the League. Not a portal update but makes room for the young guys to fill the gap.
vander54
S
Big loss to transfer portal.just announced.

levypantsEOY
WTF?? That's a bad one to lose.
Jimbo needs to tourniquet the bleeding ASAP.
agcrock2005
AG
This is pretty crazy.
KCup17
AG
To the portal!

JoJo Earle? Aaron Anderson?
redjalapeno-87
Brown could hardly get on the field for 2 years; 6 catches for 112 yards. The portal is good to replace that kind of production. The portal was built for bench players to get a new lease on life. More power to him to try to get paid. Next!
Aggieair
KCup17 said:

Well Antonio Johnson is off the the League. Not a portal update but makes room for the young guys to fill the gap.
I count 57 scholarship players still on the roster.

One is Anthony Lucas, and we still don't know what his status is.

Two are Ainias Smith and Layden Robinson, who were projected draft picks.

Assuming we lose those 3, and don't lose anyone else to the portal/draft/retirement, we are down to 54 players.

2023 currently has 13 commits, which bumps us up to 67.

So we still need 18 more players between the 2023 class and portal.
vander54
S
Aggieair said:

KCup17 said:

I count 57 scholarship players still on the roster.

One is Anthony Lucas, and we still don't know what his status is.

Two are Ainias Smith and Layden Robinson, who were projected draft picks.

Assuming we lose those 3, and don't lose anyone else to the portal/draft/retirement, we are down to 54 players.

2023 currently has 13 commits, which bumps us up to 67.

So we still need 18 more players between the 2023 class and portal.

Lucas should be staying
Robinson isn't going pro (he needed a good year to do that)

There are 2 true question marks left, Preston and Anias
Preston could use his bonus year to do so and Anias has hinted at coming back but no one would be surprised if he declared.
Johnsy3
AG

Stewart is leaving

In two years
KCup17
AG
I hope Preston uses his extra year but just somewhere else.

It should be an interesting week running into ESD.
vander54
S
KCup17 said:

I hope Preston uses his extra year but just somewhere else.

It should be an interesting week running into ESD.

So you only want a potential of 3 experienced WR returning. Preston is a great depth guy.
Greencougars
Jr yr he's eligible after the season duh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.