Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2023 Transfer Portal Tracker

239,618 Views | 944 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KCup17
A-A Ron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
90ags said:

That H Fawcett dude says A&M had 10 new names added to portal today alone. Think we are leading the arms race out of bodies.

What are rules if a player doesn't land somewhere? Can they come back to the team coaching staff allows it?

How does a team manage back to 85? Outside of adding transfers in, does that mean programs can sign more HS players?
I saw a tweet that said since the portal started 2 years ago out of the 1000s of guys that entered the portal only about 40% found a new place to land. So that is 60% that would either A) swallow their pride and say hey guys sorry I was headed out the door but no one else would take me or B) leave the school and since no one picked you up try to walk on somewhere, or C) quit football completely. There are no rules that say you can't come back to the team but that depends on the coach. Get back to 85 via the portal or hs recruits, either way.
90ags
Halconblack said:

The tweet you are referring to says "officially enter." We are tracking 19 currently, so there are at least nine that did not officially enter.
Tweet said 10 officially on 12/5 (which I interpreted as 10 new bodies added yesterday). But, you're stating, since we have 19 listed thus far via this tracker, only 10 of them have actually completed the official process to be in the portal vs. a social media announcement to the world. Correct? The remaining are testing the water to see who bites on picking them up?

If a player not 'officially' in the portal, presume easier to come back to the team (w coaches blessing/approval?)?

Regarding possibly losing Myles J...although he hasn't been playing, definitely think we would be easily 2 deep next year as the DB room (esp corners vs true Safeties) appears very thinned out now (esp w J Jones leaving).
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
p8aggie
AG
Didn't Austin Stogner transfer from OU to USC-E?

infinity ag
Ghost of Bisbee said:

God damn.

Myles Jones leaving hurts. He was a baller and developed so much while at A&M

He is 24. Isn't it time for him to get out into the real world?
infinity ag
Nothing to worry about.

Just the backups and extras are in the TP. No one of any import.

Cleans house and makes way for better players from the TP.
A-A Ron
p8aggie said:

Didn't Austin Stogner transfer from OU to USC-E?

You would be correct, he followed Rattler.
KCup17
AG
Add Tarian Lee Jr. to the list.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
infinity ag said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

God damn.

Myles Jones leaving hurts. He was a baller and developed so much while at A&M

He is 24. Isn't it time for him to get out into the real world?
I'd rather play (football and otherwise) in college than be in the real world. I applaud him for staying while he can. The real world will be here soon enough.
warrington
I call this a win so far. If Marshall gets his crap together and now that Harris (his bad influence) is gone, Connor could light it up this year. If we could pick up a couple of linebackers and one or tow more DL in the portal, that would be what we need right now. Im happy with our portal outgoing presence right now, for the year that we had
Halconblack
AG
Added, thank yo
v/r
KCup17
AG
Thanks for all your work!
txaggieacct85
AG
Agree and nothing surprising so far
p8aggie
AG
Andre White in the portal

Ziggy Sobotka
AG
Damn.... that's a big loss.
AgSportsFan89
AG
wtf??? Is every LB leaving? He was a full time starter...
Gyles Marrett
p8aggie said:

Andre White in the portal

This is our biggest loss yet, doesn't make much sense.
KCup17
AG
At least Cooper is coming back.
kevinmw55
Have you seen that anywhere officially?
Artorias
AG
So we are up to 20 leaving now. Is this still considered "normal"?
P.U.T.U
AG
Hopefully that means Cobb is coming and Cooper is staying. That or Harris is that good and we have to hope he does not get injured since we have no LB depth.

Or that Hill is coming who has been considered a day one starter
1876er
AG
Artorias said:

The entire team could transfer and this board would somehow figure out how it is better.
Gyles Marrett
P.U.T.U said:

Hopefully that means Cobb is coming and Cooper is staying. That or Harris is that good and we have to hope he does not get injured since we have no LB depth.

Or that Hill is coming who has been considered a day one starter
I'd take Hill and Cobb in exchange for White that's for sure.
KCup17
AG
kevinmw55 said:

Have you seen that anywhere officially?
Not officially but thats the rumor that I have heard.
KCup17
AG
Man if I am Anthony Hill I'm thinking long and hard about re-committing. He could be in contention to be a legit day one starter.
Gyles Marrett
KCup17 said:

Man if I am Anthony Hill I'm thinking long and hard about re-committing. He could be in contention to be a legit day one starter.
I agree but in reality a LB as highly touted as he is I'm sure in his mind believes he will start anywhere. You'd hope he'd realize it's a sure thing with A&M.
AggieDub04
AG
Artorias said:

Given the class we signed last year I think this is expected. On average schools should expect to turn over 25-35 players a year between graduation, NFL, and transfers. That's just math if a normal signing class is 25 and you add potential incoming transfers. We signed a ton of talented freshmen last year who displaced upper class men.
Artorias
AG
AggieDub04 said:

Artorias said:

Given the class we signed last year I think this is expected. On average schools should expect to turn over 25-35 players a year between graduation, NFL, and transfers. That's just math if a normal signing class is 25 and you add potential incoming transfers. We signed a ton of talented freshmen last year who displaced upper class men.
How many more players are we losing to graduation and NFL on top of the 20 xfers so far?
Agsttt
Artorias said:

About 80% of them were guys who weren't good enough to get any playing time on a 5-7 team.
KCup17
AG
Lots of programs can promise that but then don't deliver on that. I think this season is a good indicator that we in fact do play freshman day 1 if they are good enough.
AggieDub04
AG
Artorias said:

AggieDub04 said:

Artorias said:

How many more players are we losing to graduation and NFL on top of the 20 xfers so far?

We did not have very many seniors at all this year and only 3 potential underclass men could declare IMO, so 10-12.
rsf0626
I cant tell if we have the most transfers so far or if we're just getting the most media coverage over it
txaggieacct85
AG
Halconblack
AG
We are losing players that we would definitely seem to be contributors next year. We appear to be especially thin at LB, however, there are guys that appear to be playing more LB than DL (White and Sylla).

I think what we are seeing is guys ask coaching staffs "Am I going to start next year?" and I think that unless you are clearly a number one, everyone is hopping into the portal to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

I am not saying this is good for the Aggies. I just think this is the way that D-1 football players operate. I think in the long run it really hurts the majority of the players. Take Andre White for example. If he transfers to another school and plays second string on a good Florida team (not saying he is going there, just a hypothetical) then maybe he goes to an ok bowl.

After he graduates and bounces around NFL camps for a year or two he will get a normal job. If he interviews with an Aggie and brings up the Aggie Network, the question is gonna come up, "didn't you leave your senior year?" Not saying the guy/girl doesn't hire him. Not saying that everyone young person doesn't job hop. What I am saying is that me, as a grad, is going to remember that and it will affect thoughts on him as an employee and will definitely impact any "ask" that he might have.
v/r
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
related to this thread at the very end
ElephantRider
AG
Losing Andre White hurts. He wasn't spectacular but was a solid contributor at a very thin position. Biggest loss so far

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.