Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,101 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vernada said:

Vernada said:

Vernada said:

On Christmas Day I weighed in at 185. Weighed 173 this morning. Seen a nice bf% drop too.

IMF
No alcohol (down from 30-40+ per week)
Rucking
Did a random weigh in today. Don't feel like I've lost any weight this week. Lo and behold: sub 170! Just barely. But still a nice surprise.
Down to 167.

This was my 'worst' week since Christmas as I was only down 1.5 lbs. But still - that means I've managed to lose every week that I've been trying to. I'm pretty sure I've never had this much success when trying to lose weight.

165 for this morning's weigh in.
aggie appraiser
aggie appraiser said:

aggie appraiser said:

Up 3.1 pounds since 1/23. Since I lost about 15 for the month, I'm not too concerned. I've had a plateau, or set point, at 230 for years and have had trouble breaking through. Starting Monday, maybe Sunday, I'm going to start another extended fast and break through to the 220's.

Goodbye 230 pound set point. Hit 222 this morning after fasting for 132 hours. Down 13.3 pounds since 7 AM 2/3. I feel great and plan to continue this extended fast 1 or 2 more days.

I'm back up around 230 again. I thought I put enough cushion in that I would not be affected by it, but here I am again. I agreed with my wife to eat more as she was worried about my health from not eating and I didn't think it would make that much difference. It's apparent that I need to be more mindful of what I'm doing and avoid some of the pitfalls that have obstructed my progress.
Garrelli 5000
AG
191.5. I actually back-slid just a bit over the weekend after i decided it was a good idea to drink Friday and Saturday. Which is fine, it'll just come off over the week. I'm hoping to keep the pace and get below 190 this week.
Staff - take out the trash.
jopatura
AG
229 today. I'm so frustrated. I'm working out 5-6 times a week, almost all my days are 12,000-15,000 steps, I'm eating 1400-1500 calories a day and the scale is not budging. I'll hit a new low once and then it settles back 1 pound higher for the rest of the week.
CoachRTM
AG
Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 9.3 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11 marathon pace)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)
2/11 : 226.9 - 4 runs, 17.5 miles, 10:27 pace (4:39 marathon pace)
2/18 : 225.5 - 5 runs, 22.3 miles, 11:46 pace (5:14 marathon pace)
2/25 : 222.1 - 2 runs, 17.3 miles, 11:35 pace (5:09 marathon pace)

did a 62 hour water fast between Wednesday dinner and Saturday lunch. Dropped from 224.8 -> 218.4... then came back up and settled around 220 after eating the next day. Then turned around on Sunday evening and ran 13.1 miles in a pretty decent time. First time I've done a fast for more than 36 hours, and it went better than I imagined. I think I'll start incorporating more 36-72 hour fasts into my schedule.

Goal this week is to hold under 220.
Frok
AG
I got hungry and ate all the food this weekend.

Time to get back on today.
Dr. Gonzo
Update 2/25:

210.0 lbs

Weight loss last week: 1.0 lb
Weight loss total: 10.0 lbs

Jan Weight Loss: 6lbs
Feb Weight Loss: 4lbs

Overall % weight loss since Jan: 4.55%
Garrelli 5000
AG
Try upping your calorie count for a few days, say to 1800. If you're working hard plus getting up to 15000 steps a day your body could be in starvation mode.
Staff - take out the trash.
jakal0722
I've been within 2lbs of breaking 230 for a couple weeks now. Keep inching closer but need a committed effort to break past the wall this week. Have a trip this weekend which will probably not help but at least want to start on the right side of my goal.
jopatura
AG
I mean, I am female and pretty short. My sedentary TDEE is only 2,080 calories. My moderate exercise TDEE is 2,687 calories.

I guess I could be triggering starvation mode, but I don't feel withered? like I do when my calories get into the 1100-1200 range.

If I get through next week with no measurable change, I will definitely try it for a few weeks before going in for bloodwork.
jopatura
AG
All that frustration yesterday and I hit 227.5 today. Woot woot. I'm not even going to predict where I want to be next week lol. My body ain't gonna listen anyways.
91_Aggie
AG
Plateaued again. This time right under 199. Probably because i have less percentage of fat now.

Gonna keep going and will break through eventually.
bagger05
AG
Keep at it, amigo.
jakal0722
2/27 - 230.4

One day to get below 230. March goal is 225. Gotta keep this rolling!
jakal0722
2/28-230 on the dot

March goal is 225 which will be the lowest I have weighed in about 8 or so years. Got down to 226 last year before falling off.
91_Aggie
AG
a little better this morning, but still showing 198.x on the scale.

Gonna have to teach my body a lesson in the next few days for being stubborn.
bagger05
AG
Get after it, bro.
91_Aggie
AG
alright... got 197.x two days in a row.
Claiming 198 as official weight now.

27 pounds since Jan 1, 32 since mid-December.

edit: saw 196.2 right after my 5 mile run at lunch.
Dang! I might see <195 by next Friday.
jakal0722
Broke 230 this morning!

Then went with my toddler to walk around downtown and see all the crazies in town for the Arnold! I will never look like most of those people but I did get to rage monster the guy who didn't want to wait to turn and tried to push through the pedestrian crosswalk!
jopatura
AG
226.7 this morning.
91_Aggie
AG
Saw 196.4 this morning and 195.2 after 8.5 mile run.

Not claiming 197 yet, but maybe after tomorrow if I still see <197 tomorrow morning.

197 claimed.

28 pounds since Jan 1... 33 since mid-December
AggieBarstool
I feel ya'. I'm trying desperately to get under 180 (been in the low-180s since Nov.) and it just. Won't. Happen.

I've tried eating more. I've tried eating less. I've been on IMF, low-call, and 1400 cal/day for months. I don't think I'm in starvation mode. Who knows. Maybe I'll do a 36 hour water fast like the guy that just did it.

On the plus side, though, I'm comin' after you, 91_Aggie.
91_Aggie
AG
AggieBarstool said:

On the plus side, though, I'm comin' after you, 91_Aggie.
Bring IT!

I made two major changes since Jan 1st.

1. Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes (usually 45 to 60 minutes)

2. Eat sensible sized meals. I'm not really cutting out any types of foods (except for desserts).
I eat single servings... never going back for seconds. If I eat out, I stop looking for the biggest portions (bad habit still from my younger days when I could all I wanted and never gain weight.)
And no snacking.

by the time lunch comes around, I'm hungry.
by the time dinner comes around, I'm hungry.

And I'm usually hungry when I go to bed... not starving, but I don't give into snacking.

I take that slight hunger between lunch, dinner and bedtime as motivation that I'm losing weight and continuing.

Now my main problem is that I can do all that until I reach my goal weight... and then I stop doing it all.

going to try to not fall into that trap this time.

aggie appraiser
Started another extended fast on Saturday to begin the month of March and hopefully put some distance between myself and the 230 vortex that has been my nemisis for way too long.
Dr. Gonzo
Update 3/4: 207.6 this morning.

Going to weigh in again tomorrow to confirm and then update sheet. 2.4 lb drop would be my largest drop in weight since starting these weekly weigh-ins.
jopatura
AG
225.9! Wasn't expecting another drop after the weekend but I'll take it!
CoachRTM
AG
Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 9.3 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11 marathon pace)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)
2/11 : 226.9 - 4 runs, 17.5 miles, 10:27 pace (4:39 marathon pace)
2/18 : 225.5 - 5 runs, 22.3 miles, 11:46 pace (5:14 marathon pace)
2/25 : 222.1 - 2 runs, 17.3 miles, 11:35 pace (5:09 marathon pace)
3/4 : 221.9 - 4 runs, 18 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)

After my 62 hour fast dropped me from 224 -> 218, I did not do a good job of eating right this week. Not sure if it's because of the fast, or because I just had a bad week. I'll try it again soon.

Settled around 222 pretty much all week. Back to the grind this week - hoping to see sub-220 again.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Back in the 150s at 159.0 this morning. Partly due to a stomach bug I got Sunday the 24th keeping my appetite down last week.
I'll take it.

Only 4 more pounds to go to get to my goal of 155, then start building back up to 165 again.
91_Aggie
AG
jopatura said:

225.9! Wasn't expecting another drop after the weekend but I'll take it!
Great Job!!!!
Weekends are tough to both eat right and continue exercise regimes... so a drop after weekend is always awesome.
91_Aggie
AG
Okay.... when I break through a plateau, my body really breaks through it.

saw 196.0 this morning and 194.8 after lunch workout (which was only 45 minutes on elliptical).

I'm claiming 196.

29 pounds down since Jan 1, 34 since mid-December.

We'll see if i can see 195 by Friday.
AggieBarstool
Oh, we're talking about past-year stats now?

In that case... I'm down 99.9lbs since Jan. 1, 2018. That last 0.1 is proving to be a beech, though...

You're killin' it dude. Keep it up!
91_Aggie
AG
AggieBarstool said:

In that case... I'm down 99.9lbs since Jan. 1, 2018. That last 0.1 is proving to be a beech, though...

I am only tracking on the Google Sheet what I lost since Jan 1st since i figured that was what OP meant.

So 29 since jan 1 of 2019.

34 since sometime in mid-December. I was afraid to step on the scale until Jan 1 because I knew I was biggest in my life. But i was at least 230 in December when i knew i had to stop being a slug. I was down to my last pair of jeans that fit (and fit very snugly)

So 29 is on the spreadsheet. 34 is in my own mental tracker.

I know you were joking around. But didnt it to be misconstrued about the spreadaheet.
bagger05
AG
Been a bad week so far.

Back at it tomorrow.

Miss getting to work out like I want.
AggieBarstool
91_Aggie said:

AggieBarstool said:

I am only tracking on the Google Sheet what I lost since Jan 1st since i figured that was what OP meant.

So 29 since jan 1 of 2019.

34 since sometime in mid-December. I was afraid to step on the scale until Jan 1 because I knew I was biggest in my life. But i was at least 230 in December when i knew i had to stop being a slug. I was down to my last pair of jeans that fit (and fit very snugly)

So 29 is on the spreadsheet. 34 is in my own mental tracker.

I know you were joking around. But didnt it to be misconstrued about the spreadaheet.
I get ya'! Esp. on the part about avoiding the scale because you were at your heaviest point. I did the same with my blood pressure, too. Glad to report that's also coming in line real nice.
91_Aggie
AG
Geez, don't think I can trust it, but scale said 194.4 this morning at my "this is my official weight weigh-in" time.
Could have just been dehydrated.

But that's a number I haven't seen since 2007ish.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.