Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,105 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The scale says what it says (for better or worse).

Considering your progress so far I don't think you should be surprised. Keep up the good work, man.
91_Aggie
AG
Well after a 6 mile run at lunch, I weighed in at 193.2
So I guess I'll make the 195 official.

That's 30 pounds lost since Jan 1st.

35 going back to mid December!

It feels good to be a gangster!

jakal0722
I spent the past five days eating through Asheville. I made better decisions than I previously would but lots of fun was had. Will report back next week.
jopatura
AG
40 workouts in the gym this year. It's hard to wrap my head around those numbers. It's more then a month!
Dr. Gonzo
Nice job!

Today marked my 60th OTF workout. Have missed 2 days since the start of the year.
aggie appraiser
Extended fast is working great. 1 pound from my original goal. This time I need to manage getting off the extended fast better. I plan to try to eat mostly keto for a while after I finish this fast tomorrow. I don't know when the last time I was under 220. Maybe 15 plus years ago.
91_Aggie
AG
Good job, Jopatura, Dr. Gonzo and Aggie appraiser!

I got confirmation today that i'm really at 195 with two days in a row 194.x

I calculated it out... since Jan 1, I've lost about 3.1 pounds per week.

If i can keep that up I should hit my goal in the next two weeks.

Might try for 185 just to say "At 50, I weigh the same as when I graduated college".
aggie appraiser
You're doing great and I'm trying to chase you down. The last time I came off an extended fast was before V-Day and I went way overboard on the chocolate. I have to avoid the bounce after an EF this time around.
aggie appraiser
btw, if you are weighing at the same time and conditions every day, count it. I weigh in the morning before I shower. If I weigh less in the afternoon, I don't count it until the morning. I can see why you wouldn't count your weight after a long run, but if it is your typical weigh in time with no extraordinary circumstances, count it.
bagger05
AG
I say whatever he's doing is working fine.
jopatura
AG
224.9 this morning. Two pounds this week is my fastest weight loss yet. Don't know what's going on with my body lol.
aggie appraiser
Whoop. I passed my first goal this morning. 30.4 pounds gone. I'm ending this fast tonight an am looking forward to fried bacon and eggs. Gotta watch out for that post-fast bounce this time. After my weight stabilizes under 230, I'll lower my goal weight. I didn't really think I could do it as I've tried so many times.
bagger05
AG
That's awesome, man.
91_Aggie
AG
Scale showed 193.4 this morning, so I'm claiming 194.

31 pounds down since Jan 1.
91_Aggie
AG
Awesome job of hitting your goal, aggie appraiser!!
wcb
AG
Finally cracked 170. Next up...165.
aggie appraiser
91_Aggie said:

Awesome job of hitting your goal, aggie appraiser!!

Thanks, it's not where I need to be, but it is a place I haven't been in a while. At least now I have a realistic shot of getting to where I need to be.
AggieBarstool
Earlier this week, I hit a goal -- 178. It represents 101lbs lost since January 1, 2018 (14 months ago). I've waffled back and forth a couple pounds since then. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Earlier today, I started a new book by James Clear called Atomic Habits. In it, I learned about changing behaviors for the sake of achieving a goal vs. modifying your belief system in order to become what you're after. It's the difference between and ends and a means, e.g.:

"I want to hit <random number> weight goal."

vs.

"I am a healthy/fit/skinny person."

It was powerful and gave me perspective, esp. those mornings where I look at the scale and haven't seen much movement, or movement in the wrong direction.
aggie_fan13
AG
Impressive
jakal0722
3/9-230.6

After settling down from my trip, I am only up a pound over the last week which is highly successful. Need to get down a couple pounds before the in-laws come to visit next week.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Haven't check-in in a couple of weeks. 191.1 this AM. Last Sunday we had a marathon day w/an old friend visiting and last Monday I was 194. took the week to get rid of it. Going off keto wrecks you fast.

I need to buckle down hard this week. We're going to Universal Orlando on Saturday for 4 days. One of my happy places is drinking a couple of Duff beers.
CoachRTM
AG
Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 9.3 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11 marathon pace)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)
2/11 : 226.9 - 4 runs, 17.5 miles, 10:27 pace (4:39 marathon pace)
2/18 : 225.5 - 5 runs, 22.3 miles, 11:46 pace (5:14 marathon pace)
2/25 : 222.1 - 2 runs, 17.3 miles, 11:35 pace (5:09 marathon pace)
3/4 : 221.9 - 4 runs, 18 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)
3/11 : 221.3 - 3 runs, 15.6 miles, 11:10 pace (4:57 marathon pace)

Weekend was a little rough with birthday celebrations, etc. but it wasn't as bad as it's been in the past. My run on Sunday was really warm/ muggy and I felt it all day afterwards.

Although the weight loss has been a little slow the last two weeks, at least I'm still moving in the right direction.
fish_rich
AG
Weighed in at 270 on Sat.

My weight loss has slowed dramatically over the past 3-4 weeks. While the scale doesnt recognize much progress, I am starting to see results in the mirror and in the gym.

I am really focused about staying positive. In the past, this is the point where I would get frustrated and revert back to Captain Couch Potato.
jakal0722
3/11 -229.6

Back down to pre-trip weight!
91_Aggie
AG
I'm plateaued and haven't been able to breakthrough.

Keeping at it though. Ran 5 miles yesterday at lunch, then another 5.5 miles after dinner.

Hitting gym at lunch today since it is supposed to be raining around that time.

jopatura
AG
223.2 lbs this morning.

Lost a pound and a half overnight and I don't know where that came from. Calories in vs calories out don't add up but I'll take it.
91_Aggie
AG
I have that happen. I finally did some research on the basic question of "Where does fat go when you lose it?"
Seems I just never really thought about closely before.

The surprising answer (for me) was "The majority is breathed out via being converted to Carbon dioxide" (The smaller percentage gets out via sweat, urine, bowel movements).

and all the articles quickly addressed the obvious response "Well, I just breathe faster in out and during the day" with it has to come from elevated metabolic rate that you do by moving/exercising... you can't just sit there and try to breathe faster... you'll just hyperventilate.

Also, you will lose weight overnight from plain ol' dehydration. You are essentially not eating or drinking for 6-10 hours as you sleep, so some is going to be water-weight you lose overnight... which will quickly come back as you drink water and eat.
theeyetest
3/4- 216.8
3/11- 208

I've been on WHOLE30 and feel so much better than I did just a short two weeks ago. I'm doing LIIFT from Beachbody which is a mixture of lifting weights and HIIT cardio, 4 days a week. My goal weight is 172 by June 20th, which is our annual river trip.
Vernada
AG
I would have thought most of what you are losing is lost via energy / heat.
91_Aggie
AG
Vernada said:

I would have thought most of what you are losing is lost via energy / heat.

Essentially its mass (fat cells shrinking) being converted to energy. And that conversion is to carbon dioxide.
Just google it. I have no stake in the matter. I just never gave it much thought about where that fat goes.
Vernada
AG
I don't doubt you, just surprised.
jopatura
AG
Weighed in at 221.1 lbs this morning so I guess my previous crazy weigh in holds. I've lost 4.6 lbs this week and I can really feel it because clothes are starting to fit way too big. So I think it's a legit weight loss and not just water weight. I just have no idea where it's coming from.

I eat about 1600 calories a day (female) and I've been doing couch25k so I've even dropped my workout times to focus on that (usually do an hour, just been doing the C25K program the past two weeks).
91_Aggie
AG
Might be nearing a breakthrough in my plateau... saw 192.4 after a 6 mile run today. Have never seen 192.x since I started this no matter the time/conditions.

Will see what I weigh tomorrow morning.
Post removed:
by user
CoachRTM
AG
Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 13.1 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03)
2/11 : 226.9 - 4 runs, 17.5 miles, 10:27 pace (4:39)
2/18 : 225.5 - 5 runs, 22.3 miles, 11:46 pace (5:14)
2/25 : 222.1 - 2 runs, 17.3 miles, 11:35 pace (5:09)
3/4 : 221.9 - 4 runs, 18 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03)
3/11 : 221.3 - 3 runs, 15.6 miles, 11:10 pace (4:57)
3/18 : 220.5 - 4 runs, 22.0 miles, 10:49 pace (4:48)

Planning on another water fast sometime between Thursday and Sunday (probably 2 days) to break through the 220 barrier. Been hovering between 219-222 for almost a month now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.