Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,089 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
Dale Gribble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
197.5 this morning
aggie_fan13
AG
I know how you feel I didn't believe the scale when I peaked at 390+ lbs
91_Aggie
AG
218 this morning and that was after birthday cake yesterday... so I'm calling it a good weigh in.
jopatura
AG
I'm really struggling with cravings tonight. I wanted a pizza so badly tonight. Really ****ing badly. But I knew it would a) cost money and b) I would eat the whole thing in one go.

Ended up with eggs and bacon but I feel gross about the whole thing. Still want my damn pizza.
bagger05
AG
Nice work! Gotta pay the toll to get results.
jakal0722
Man pizza sure sounds good. My luck is it wouldn't be as good as hoped. Nothing is more frustrating that splurging calories on subpar food.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Boom.

Pizza and eggs.

https://lowcarbyum.com/pizza-casserole-gluten-free/
Staff - take out the trash.
aggie appraiser
I'm on the third day of an extended fast and the weight is falling off. What is suprising is how great I feel. This intermittent fasting idea is legit.

Not only is it good for losing weight, it helps with many other aspects of your health.

I'm down 10.1 pounds in January with no running or major exercise other than pushups during the day.
bagger05
AG
Sick results, man. What is your fasting schedule?
aggie appraiser
bagger05 said:

Sick results, man. What is your fasting schedule?

I just started skipping breakfast and kept tightening my window until it was at an hour. I got busy and went past it and decided to wait for morning. I felt fine in the morning and decided to just keep going. I haven't had a bite of food (or sweetener, creamer, etc) since 5:30PM on 1/8.

It's not really believable, but I'm not even hungry. I watched a bunch of videos on youtube from Dr. Jason Fung explaining the intermittent and long term fasting process and as long as you are not tasting food, your body switches over to burning stored fat for energy rather than food that is ingested. Once you eat, your body turns the fat burning switch off.

This is completely different than what I expected. I encourage anyone who has difficulty with weight to watch a few hours of the Fung videos, he also has some books out. His basic premise is that everything we have been doing with eating and dieting is completely wrong. Calorie deprivation is only going to cause your body to slow your metabolism and drop the calorie requirments necessary to maintain yourself. The difference with fasting is that your body switches to fat burning which provides enough energy and doesn't result in calorie deprivation.
TRL-Ag
Sorry I'm late to the party:

Personal info
33 M, single, Live in Sugar Land

Starting point
Weighed in January 2nd at 287.2 pounds.

Goals
Get back down to about 230 pounds

Motivation
To get back to being the best version of me.

Strategy
Working out 5-6 times a week. I'm using P90X to start, but done with my twist on it. Phase 1 Lean Program, Full version of P90X classic, Phase 2 and 3 of doubles.

How can we help
Keep me honest. Also, when I get to my goal I start slipping back into bad habits. Mainly because they're easy.
bagger05
AG
No sweat man. Welcome!

I really liked P90X. Great program. Check back in around the 40 minute mark of the yoga workout to let us know how much you hate your life in that moment.
Garrelli 5000
AG
bagger05 said:

No sweat man. Welcome!

I really liked P90X. Great program. Check back in around the 40 minute mark of the yoga workout to let us know how much you hate your life in that moment.

You just triggered me.
Staff - take out the trash.
TRL-Ag
bagger05 said:

No sweat man. Welcome!

I've done it before, and honestly the last time I could never finish that workout. It's the hardest one & I had multiple friends that didn't believe me.
91_Aggie
AG
bagger05 said:

No sweat man. Welcome!

That yoga workout was NOT yoga... it was essentially a lot of burpees disguised as yoga.
bagger05
AG
91_Aggie said:

bagger05 said:

No sweat man. Welcome!

That yoga workout was NOT yoga... it was essentially a lot of super slow motion burpees disguised as yoga.
FIFY

It was brutal but a fantastic workout. When I stopped doing that one because it was so long (and I kinda hated it) 7 or 8 weeks into the program I saw my performance in everything else suffer shortly after. I think it's REALLY good for you.
mrsbeer05
AG
Down 136.8 after a work trip too!
bagger05
AG
That's big. Making progress while you're traveling is NOT easy.
bagger05
AG
aggie appraiser
Good job, bagger and mrs beer. It's tough when you are near where you should be.
bagger05
AG
Y'all be good this weekend.

If your strategy includes some cheating, enjoy and get ready to come back next week recharged ready to hit it hard again.

If your strategy doesn't include any room for indulgence, keep your eye on the prize and stick with it.

Whatever your strategy, keep the promises you've made to yourself and strengthen your resolve.
Juan Solo
AG
fish_rich
AG
Check In

283 / 33.84% BF / 36..32 BMI

Down 2 pounds from last week. Based on the BF%, it looks like it was all fat that was lost.

Was able to hit the gym everyday Monday through Saturday.

Also kept calorie intake under goal everyday as well
Hoss
AG
No real progress for me this week. In fact I gained a little. Got my workouts in but didn't nail the eating.

2019 Weight Loss

12/30 - 318.4 @ 44.9% BF
1/6 - 312.4 & 43.8% BF
1/13 - 313.2 & 43.9% BF
TJJackson
Down three pounds this week. Nothing special, just started cutting out the junk. Slowly working my way back to one meal a day.

1/6/19 - 199
1/13/19 - 196
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.

-Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
bagger05
AG
Big Monday spike and back up to 203.4. A little higher than I expected and will be watching that during the coming days to make sure it gets back down. Expect my weight on Friday to be down around 196-197.
jopatura
AG
Yesterday I weighed in at 234.5 lbs. I'm going to use that as my official weigh-in for the week since I spiked a little bit this morning as well. It was my daughter's birthday party this weekend and I enjoyed myself (not crazy, but enough to feel some bloat this morning).
91_Aggie
AG
Been hitting exercise hard and really limiting my food (i.e. not starving myself, just cutting out large portions and junk food.
Ran 11 miles on Saturday, 5.5 on Sunday.
Down to 216 from 225 (9 pounds since Jan 1)
Going to kill it this week... want to be comfortably under 215 by Friday (I define comfortably as it not being a temporary under 215 due to water weight, right after a run, i.e. if I weigh myself anytime during the day it will stay beneath 215. For example, after a run on Friday, I was at 213.6... but I know that it isn't real.)
Dale Gribble
1/14 update - 199

Weekend wasn't good to me, but still made progress from last Monday's weigh in
BreNayPop
AG
234 this am.

Slow and steady win the race, but I'd love to see some fast drops.
girlgolfer12
NeverBunt
Week 2 update:

127lbs
17% BF
Dr. Gonzo
Update 1/14:

216 lbs

Last week: 4 lbs
Total: 4 lbs

% Weight change since start: -1.81%

Workouts:
7 OTF workouts: 281 SP.
herb11
AG
1/1 - 140
1/7 - 138
1/14 - 136.8

Goal: 120
kbw01
AG
I cam in at 223.9 this morning. I did not tape ran late.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.