Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,100 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hmmm, scale said 203.6 this morning. not sure if I trust that since it said 206.4 yesterday morning.

I'm going to claim 206... 19 pounds down since Jan 1.
Vernada
AG
Vernada said:

On Christmas Day I weighed in at 185. Weighed 173 this morning. Seen a nice bf% drop too.

IMF
No alcohol (down from 30-40+ per week)
Rucking
Did a random weigh in today. Don't feel like I've lost any weight this week. Lo and behold: sub 170! Just barely. But still a nice surprise.
jakal0722
I hate the lulls but usually that's right before weight is about to fall off. Keep eating healthy and it will take care of itself!
Diggity
AG
wouldn't it be better to just write down the weight on the scale and average it out each week?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Vernada said:

Vernada said:

On Christmas Day I weighed in at 185. Weighed 173 this morning. Seen a nice bf% drop too.

IMF
No alcohol (down from 30-40+ per week)
Rucking
Did a random weigh in today. Don't feel like I've lost any weight this week. Lo and behold: sub 170! Just barely. But still a nice surprise.

Awesome

30-40+ drinks per week?
91_Aggie
AG
Diggity said:

wouldn't it be better to just write down the weight on the scale and average it out each week?

I can remember it in my head. I'm leery of recording a really low number that is a huge gap from previous day.
I just wait until I see several days in a row under a number before I'll record that number.

Drinking a 16 ounce glass of water adds a pound to your weight on the scale assuming you get it on it right away, so I know how easy it move +/- 3 pounds in a day.

So, I just make sure I see a consistent number over several days weighing at same time of day before I officially claim it as my current weight.

It's a demotivator for me to claim, for example, 206, and then see 209 then next day.

Just being realistic with it.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
FYI, found this cool little app yesterday that will average out your daily weight.
https://vitals.lifehacker.com/how-to-track-your-weight-loss-without-obsessing-over-nu-1832393722

Diggity
AG
I hear you. Some of that can be avoided by weighing yourself at the same time every morning, but I still see fluctuations. Figure it will average out in the wash, but it is discouraging to see a large spike when you feel like you're eating well.
91_Aggie
AG
203.6 this morning... two mornings in a row and after eating at Koppe Bridge last night. That's official.
Broke the 20 pound-lost barrier.
Down 21 since Jan 1st.
aggie appraiser
Checked my BMI online today and I just left the "obese" category and dropped into the "overweight" group. 37 pounds to get into the "normal" range. It's just 3-8 pounds more than I weighed as an athlete (in shape) in high school (many decades ago). It's hard to believe I could be 8 pounds away from being "overweight" at that time with a 29 inch waist.

Also, 2 pounds away from my initial goal of 218 (30 pound weight loss). I just ended a 7 day fast, so it may take a few days before I start losing again. I should hit the goal in a week or so.
fish_rich
AG
Check in - 274lbs with 32.59% BF. Down 12lbs and over 2%BF from Jan 1.
Garrelli 5000
Garrelli 5000
AG
196.7 this morning, survived the weekend. I'll take it. I was 202 and change a week ago.
Staff - take out the trash.
jakal0722
Stayed the same weight over the weekend which is fantastic because there was a lot of cake in my house. Most of the cake is now gone (not all by me) and this week is looking promising!
Vernada
jopatura
AG
230.8 lbs this morning. I was sick last week so not enough good stuff went in. Pleased to have mostly maintained though.
CoachRTM
AG
Ran a 10k this weekend at a 10:07 pace - probably my best run in the past couple years.

Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 9.3 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11 marathon pace)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)
2/11 : 226.9 - 4 runs, 17.5 miles, 10:27 pace (4:39 marathon pace)

Also, I'm a football official, and my referee told me this weekend that he wants to move me from Head Linesman to Back Judge.... which involves a lot more running. Should really add to the running and weight loss motivation, as I need to be able to "outrun" all these 18 year olds to the goal line.

Dr. Gonzo
2/11 Update: 212lbs.

0 lbs lost this week.

Workout summary:
OTF - 7 days, 217 SP
6,475 OTF calories burned.
BreNayPop
AG
233 today

just not moving it.

still on IM, gonna have to kick it up w some keto and calorie restrictions
Frok
AG
Hang in there guys, don't lose hope. Last week I had the same issue. Stalled at 188. After 8 days I finally went down to 187.2 and then 186.8 the next day. Weird, no movement then two days in a row it goes down.

I need to get some calipers and go by measurements instead of weight. It's so fickle.

91_Aggie
AG
204 for 3 days in a row. happy to keep it the same.. .figured a plateau was coming as fast as I was losing weight since Jan 1
jopatura
AG
229.2 lbs this morning. New low!
jakal0722
2/12-232

Down 1.8 lbs on the last week but only .2 since Friday.
Usually have weight drops Tuesday through Friday so hoping for good things!
mrsbeer05
AG
137.2- I've decide for each week I don't lose weight, I'm paying the husband $10, which I really do not want to do
aggie_fan13
AG
starting off this week at 269. lets get it
jakal0722
2/13-231.4

Don't know if I can make my 230 goal by the end of the week but should be fairly close!
Frok
AG
Had a 2.5lb drop this morning. Not sure what to think of it. The more I dive in to this weight loss thing the more I realize how fickle it is. Yes I am happy but I'll probably weigh myself tomorrow and it will jump back up if I eat something salty.

Plus I am working out a lot so how do I know if lack of weight loss is not just an increase in muscle?

91_Aggie
AG
Still stuck at 204 for the 5th straight day.

Gonna have to teach my body a lesson!
91_Aggie
AG
did a little experiment today to see how much my weight would fluctuate.
Yesterday, I wasn't able to get a workout in due to schedule.
Also ate at Koppe Bridge (Cheeseburger/Fries/Water)

So I was expecting a bad number on the scale this morning.

Had breakfast (oatmeal with blueberries and coffee/with whole milk)
Went home at lunch and took a dump.
After that I weighed 204.4

Ran 5 miles (drank no water during it)
Weighed after that:
202.0 pounds.

So hey, I lost 3.6 pounds in about 7 hours.

Gordon McKernan
199.8 this morning but that was after a double chicken + guac chipotle burrito last night, a couple canes chicken fingers, and a few too many handfuls of cashews. Weekend isn't off to a good start with TexMex & a few beers planned tonight but going to try and get a couple nice long runs in this weekend and otherwise eat well. Lets see where the weight is at on Monday AM.

Overall it was a slightly above average week of eating but a pretty great weekend in the weight room. Need to add some cardio because i just like food too much.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
I'm jumping in a bit late but figured I'd give in. Started back the last week of August at 278 (all time high) and got on the keto bandwagon with the wife. Fast forward to six month, to the day today, and I'm down to 219... Goal in the next 3 months is to get to 205 or 200... Thanks for all the great stories and motivation!
91_Aggie
AG
finally! Saw 202.8 this morning... and after not eating so well on Friday.
Hopefully not a hiccup.

today is going to be good eating and a long run

gonna break on through to the other side of 200 this week!
91_Aggie
AG
I've seen 202.x 2 days in a row. Claiming 203.

22 pounds down since Jan 1. 12 to go.
OaklandAg06
AG
After a couple weeks of holding at 212 and then floating a bit higher again, finally saw 211 this morning. Not much but nice to see downward movement again
bushytailed
AG
I had a doctors appointment last week and their records showed that I'm just over 20# down from the first week of August. I've hit my 40th bday goal five months early. Yay me! I'd love to peel off another five before mid-July.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.