Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,104 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
aggie appraiser
How long do you want to ignore this user?

amazing job
91_Aggie
AG
ugh... caught the bug that everyone in the office has... so likely no workouts for next few days, but maybe I'll lose weight from being sick [/looking for silver lining]
jakal0722
2/1-234.4

Glad to have finally broke 235! Great start to the morning and my sense of accomplishment! The getting up and getting some light cardio shoveling 4" of snow didn't hurt either.
jopatura
AG
My body has been playing a cruel joke on me. I hit 230.7 last week. Bounced a round over the weekend and beginning of the week. I weighed in at exactly 230.7 the last three days in a row. How does that even happen? Ugh. I'm giving it another week doing the same things for my body to figure itself out and then I'll switch something up. Annoyed with myself/body right now.
aggie appraiser
Up 3.1 pounds since 1/23. Since I lost about 15 for the month, I'm not too concerned. I've had a plateau, or set point, at 230 for years and have had trouble breaking through. Starting Monday, maybe Sunday, I'm going to start another extended fast and break through to the 220's.
bagger05
AG
Hit my target weight for my first diet bet weigh in. I've got $130 on the line for my weigh ins on 2/6-7 so I gotta be good.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Down a little bit, but the weekends are tough for me. Mostly beer and eating out. going to be tough this weekend with a super bowl party.

On the plus, I do seem to be losing fat. Maybe recomping more. I've also been more diligent about taking my creatine every day, so that may account for some of it.
bagger05
AG
Estimated BF% range is now 13.03 - 16.32.

Starting out it was 15.52 - 20.74.

Down 2" off my abdominal circumference since 12/31.
OaklandAg06
AG
Held steady this week at 212-213lbs, so after traveling last week I am happy with that.

I did max out some lifts today, managed to PR overhead press at 215lbs and weighted pull up at 100lbs! Maxing squat, bench and deadlift tomorrow.
Vernada
AG
On Christmas Day I weighed in at 185. Weighed 173 this morning. Seen a nice bf% drop too.

IMF
No alcohol (down from 30-40+ per week)
Rucking
jopatura
AG
229.8!!! The week long stall from hell is over!
bagger05
AG
jakal0722
2/2-233.8

Down 2 lbs on the week and had spiked earlier in the week!
fish_rich
AG
2/3 - 275 (-3 vs LW, -11 total)

Looking at my daily average of calories burned for January, I burned 15% more calorie per day than the average for Oct - Dec.
91_Aggie
AG
Been sick since Wed night. No workouts. Not binging though. But a little more eating more Superbowl. Will weigh for first time since wed tomorrow then will be killing it this week with exercise and good eating.
herb11
AG
1/1 - 140
1/7 - 138
1/14 - 136.8
1/21 - 136.0
1/28 - 136.6
2/4 - 135.4

Goal - 120
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

I started 2018 and my highest weight was 268, I was 230 dec 15th.

Goal 200.

Started 2019: 235
1/7/19: 236
1/14/19: 234
1/22/19: 236
1/28/19: 233

2/4/19: 233

not bad after a terrible weekend. time to have a great week
CoachRTM
AG
Ran the Hot Chocolate 15k over the weekend and did fairly well. I'm really motivated to get that marathon time down under 5 hours this year, as I haven't really had a good one yet.

First Marathon (2015) - Was in really good shape, down around 180 pounds - I overtrained and had a knee injury with about a month left in training. Was feeling fine and tracking under a 5 hour pace when my knee gave out around mile 8 and I had to walk a bunch after that. Finished around 6:30.

Second Marathon (2018) - Ran it with my wife and my father-in-law. I was in decent shape, but heavier than before (about 215-220). I was in the best running shape of the three of us, so I wasn't too worried about it. With both of them dealing with issues, we finished around 7 hours.

Third Marathon (2019) - At my heaviest (230-235) - Training almost non-existent. I probably ran 50 miles total in the three months leading up to the marathon, with no run longer than 10 miles. My legs started screaming about mile 15. My first half time was 2:45, but my overall time was around 6:45 after walking almost all of the rest.

This year, I have a plan to run 1,200 miles and get my training more in line with where it should be. So far, a marathon to me has just been mental toughness and pushing through pain and poor training. Not this year.

Started the week after the marathon :

Week ending 1/21 - 2 runs, 9.3 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace) (I use 26.7 as the multiplier, just in case)
Week ending 1/28 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11 marathon pace)
Week ending 2/4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)
CoachRTM
AG
Weigh In/ Run Track :

Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 9.3 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11 marathon pace)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)

(adjusted the weights to my Rolling 7 average, as I believe that is a better indicator of true progress)
(I use 26.7 as my marathon multiplier, as my watch measures the Disney Marathon anywhere from 26.5 - 26.7)
Dr. Gonzo
Update 2/4:

212.0 lbs

Weight loss last week: 2.0 lbs
Weight loss total: 8.0 lbs

Jan Weight Loss: 6lbs
Feb Weight Loss: 2lbs

% weight loss since start: 3.64%

Workout Summary:
7 OTF workouts: 236 SP Calories burned: 6,627*
*Don't trust OTF calorie calculations, but will use it!

Jan: 28,414 cal 1,1559 SP
JABQ04
AG
Bad couple of weeks. Back up to 288. Back to it again.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Yet another bad weekend.

My sister and BIL visited from out of state and we ate our away across town. Gained about 6 pounds. 202.

I zero work conferences or visiting family for several months now. Hopefully I can maintain my will power moving forward. That's the problem w/a keto diet. You gain a ridiculous amount of water when you get off of it.
Staff - take out the trash.
Madmarttigan
AG
Would like to post a wonderful update but scale going in reverse still.

Always in a rut during the winter months for whatever reason.
Formerly tv1113
aggie_fan13
AG
this, last few weeks been yo yo dieting. good all week then friends want to go drink, i eat like ****, feel like ***** start over
bagger05
AG
Gain it quick, lose it quick in my experience.

Problem is when you convince yourself it's hopeless and just quit when you see the spike. Since you're not doing that I think you'll be fine.
bagger05
AG
azulAg said:

this, last few weeks been yo yo dieting. good all week then friends want to go drink, i eat like ****, feel like ***** start over

Ask yourself this question (and be honest):

When you look at how you used to live and compare to how you're living now, is there a significant difference?

If you're like me, back in the day my weekends of going wild would be preceded and followed by weekdays of eating fast food, drinking, regular dessert, and mostly doing whatever I wanted.

There is absolutely zero chance that going from eating stuff like fried chicken, chipotle (including chips and queso), Panda Express, and Whataburger four or five times M-F to doing that ZERO times M-F won't make a difference in the long run. It's science.

Relaxed weekends might limit my potential or slow my progress, but the way I see it there is NO WAY that making a significant lifestyle change won't pay off eventually.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Agreed.

I'm excited about a weekend with no 'events' coming up. Any habit takes a couple of weeks to really set. Once I make it a couple of weekends in a row it is much easier to modify what I drink/eat when the opportunities to fall surface again.
Staff - take out the trash.
aggie_fan13
AG
my weekend start thurdsay night and last til monday morning. too much drinking, ****ty food to sober me up isnt good as well
Diggity
AG
I didn't know bots could lose weight
aggie_fan13
AG
Yea don't click on that link people
Hernanez31
im not a bot, i was given this link and i wanted to make sure it was legit
OaklandAg06
AG
I stumbled across a product too that helped me lose a bunch of weight and changed my life! It also amazingly DECIMATED THE FAT!

It was called . . .

A Barbell.
aggie appraiser
bagger05 said:

azulAg said:

Ask yourself this question (and be honest):

When you look at how you used to live and compare to how you're living now, is there a significant difference?

If you're like me, back in the day my weekends of going wild would be preceded and followed by weekdays of eating fast food, drinking, regular dessert, and mostly doing whatever I wanted.

There is absolutely zero chance that going from eating stuff like fried chicken, chipotle (including chips and queso), Panda Express, and Whataburger four or five times M-F to doing that ZERO times M-F won't make a difference in the long run. It's science.

Relaxed weekends might limit my potential or slow my progress, but the way I see it there is NO WAY that making a significant lifestyle change won't pay off eventually.

If this were the case, there wouldn't be so many obese people. Calorie restrictive diets are part of the cause of the increase in obesity.
bagger05
AG
I don't understand your comment.
aggie_fan13
AG
i think hes saying that its bad to calorie restrict because then people go and purge after wards causing even more weight fluctuation, or i have no idea what he means

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.