Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,088 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
3/4- 216.8

3/11- 208.6

3/18- 204.0

My goal is to get to 199 by 3/25! We'll see!
bagger05
AG
Back at it again after a few weeks of backsliding.
Post removed:
by user
Dr. Gonzo
3/18: 206.4

Only 0.8 lb, but not too bad considering it was over Spring Break week.
theeyetest
third coast.. said:

gigemtrev said:

3/4- 216.8

3/11- 208.6

3/18- 204.0

My goal is to get to 199 by 3/25! We'll see!

That's a SERIOUS cut

Thanks! I lose so quickly, it's insane. But I also put it on rather quickly as well.
91_Aggie
AG
So, yesterday morning I weighed myself and was at 191.2 (lowest I ever saw).. this was after a very good Sunday in terms of eating and working out (ran 10.5 miles). (I weighed 3 times because I didn't trust it)

I ate good yesterday but couldn't workout.
Weighed myself before going to bed last night and was at 199 (checked 3x because that's crazy).

So this is why I won't officially say I'm at X weight until I see it 2 or 3 mornings in a row.

CoachRTM
AG
I usually gain 3-5 pounds from morning to night.... then lose it overnight. I don't think I've ever seen an 8 pound swing though.

I only count my weigh ins from when I wake up (after any trip to the bathroom).... too much variance day to day to do anything else.
91_Aggie
AG
Yeah i normally only weigh myself in morning but was curious last night due to new low i saw that morning.

Maybe it was 8 pounds of poop
TRM
AG
texaggierm said:

Personal info
40 y/o single male with no children. I currently live in Houston, but I will be moving to Austin (have an offer) or Missouri(interview there next week). Working in academia, but changing careers.

Starting point
I'm 5'10 and I weigh 220 pounds down from 285 last January.

Goals
Lose around 25-30 lbs, work on my core muscles, get faster, finish 2 or 3 half marathons, and complete a marathon in 2020 or maybe the BCS marathon in 2019 as my sister was asking me if I wanted to do that with her.

Motivation
Original motivation was to lose weight so I could do a Tough Mudder on my 40th birthday in 2018 and to not only improve my overall physical health, but be active as I didn't really take time to do things for myself. From there it snowballed, as I did 3 10Ks the last third of the year and 2 halfs.

Strategy
Eat some combination of keto or paleo and IF. Cardio 4-5 days per week(running, cycling, HIIT, or cross training) and weights 2 days a week.

How can we help
I think with some of the changes going on in my life, I need someone to keep accountable in case I decide to let things slide.
I knew this was going to happen - weighed in at 242 this morning. Just moved out of state for a new job, so I was stressed finishing things up and I wasn't exercising and eating right. The road to 200 started again today. Worked on my mileage base this afternoon and ran for 15 minutes and walked for another 15.
91_Aggie
AG
texaggierm said:

texaggierm said:

Personal info
40 y/o single male with no children. I currently live in Houston, but I will be moving to Austin (have an offer) or Missouri(interview there next week). Working in academia, but changing careers.

Starting point
I'm 5'10 and I weigh 220 pounds down from 285 last January.

Goals
Lose around 25-30 lbs, work on my core muscles, get faster, finish 2 or 3 half marathons, and complete a marathon in 2020 or maybe the BCS marathon in 2019 as my sister was asking me if I wanted to do that with her.

Motivation
Original motivation was to lose weight so I could do a Tough Mudder on my 40th birthday in 2018 and to not only improve my overall physical health, but be active as I didn't really take time to do things for myself. From there it snowballed, as I did 3 10Ks the last third of the year and 2 halfs.

Strategy
Eat some combination of keto or paleo and IF. Cardio 4-5 days per week(running, cycling, HIIT, or cross training) and weights 2 days a week.

How can we help
I think with some of the changes going on in my life, I need someone to keep accountable in case I decide to let things slide.
I knew this was going to happen - weighed in at 242 this morning. Just moved out of state for a new job, so I was stressed finishing things up and I wasn't exercising and eating right. The road to 200 started again today. Worked on my mileage base this afternoon and ran for 15 minutes and walked for another 15.

Keep posting here. Not having to admit you fell off the wagon can be a good motivator.

And good job recognizing early and getting back into it.

91_Aggie
AG
Okay, scale said 190.6 this morning... that's the lowest I've seen so far.

Going to safely claim 193, and if I see below 191 or 192 tomorrow, I'll claim 191 or 192.

32 pounds lost since Jan 1, 37 since sometime in mid-December.

mrsbeer05
AG
140.4- had several rough weeks, but I'm back and focus on making good eating choices
91_Aggie
AG
191.2 this morning. So claiming 192 as official weight.

33 pounds lost since Jan 1.
38 since mid December.
91_Aggie
AG
Well, this happened at my normal morning weigh-in.

BAM! Goal Reached!
Claiming 190.
35 pounds lost since Jan 1.
40 pounds since mid-December.

Gonna go for a stretch goal of 185. That's what I weighed at college Graduation in 1991.

This thread really helped me stay focused and motivated... so thanks, bagger05 for starting it.

theeyetest
91_Aggie said:

Well, this happened at my normal morning weigh-in.

BAM! Goal Reached!
Claiming 190.
35 pounds lost since Jan 1.
40 pounds since mid-December.

Gonna go for a stretch goal of 185. That's what I weighed at college Graduation in 1991.

This thread really helped me stay focused and motivated... so thanks, bagger05 for starting it.

Nice job! There's no better feeling than setting a goal and hitting it.
fish_rich
AG
After weeks of minimal weight loss, I think I burst through a glass ceiling this week. I went from 269 to 263. That is now 23 pounds lost so far since New Years Eve. My clothes and belt have been telling me that I was losing weight, it just feels good for the scale to agree.
91_Aggie
AG
fish_rich said:

After weeks of minimal weight loss, I think I burst through a glass ceiling this week. I went from 269 to 263. That is now 23 pounds lost so far since New Years Eve. My clothes and belt have been telling me that I was losing weight, it just feels good for the scale to agree.

Always feels good when those clothes fit better.

At beginning of year I had one pair of jeans I could wear that didn't feel like I was a sausage squeezed into a casing.

Then I got down to where those were too big and got to my 36" inch waist 501s.

Now those are too big, and I had one pair of 34" jeans... Had to buy a new pair a week ago so I'd at least have two pair to wear.

Also some older technical running shirts i got from races in 2007 to 2010 now hang loosely on me instead of showing all my "curves"
wcb
AG
Almost halfway there. Lowest weight of the year.
AggieBarstool
I'm having a victory moment this weekend.
My wife and I went to pick up some clothes for her at Old Navy (yes, I know. Their clothes suck.)
We were supposed to be there just for her -- looking for a dress.
Turns out we outfitted my wardrobe with a bunch of new shirts. And they were SMALLs. I haven't worn a small since... middle school?

#feelsgoodman
Vernada
AG
I'm wearing pants today that are two sizes smaller than what I had on last week.
theeyetest
3/4- 216.8

3/11- 208.6

3/18- 204.0

3/25- 201.2

Didn't hit my goal of breaking 200 but still down on the scale!
CoachRTM
AG
Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 13.1 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03)
2/11 : 226.9 - 4 runs, 17.5 miles, 10:27 pace (4:39)
2/18 : 225.5 - 5 runs, 22.3 miles, 11:46 pace (5:14)
2/25 : 222.1 - 2 runs, 17.3 miles, 11:35 pace (5:09)
3/4 : 221.9 - 4 runs, 18 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03)
3/11 : 221.3 - 3 runs, 15.6 miles, 11:10 pace (4:57)
3/18 : 220.5 - 4 runs, 22.0 miles, 10:49 pace (4:48)
3/25 : 217.6 - 4 runs, 19.4 miles, 11:01 pace (4:54)

Used a 2-day water fast (Thursday and Friday) to break through 220. My run on Sunday was a little slower and shorter than I wanted because of it, but that's to be expected.
Post removed:
by user
91_Aggie
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm getting frustrated. I lift 3x a week, ab routine 2x a week, cardio daily, count my calories, completely cut out alcohol/excess sodium/junk food etc. Ive been running a deficit of 300 to 1000 calories a day, depending on activity level. Breakfast is oats, almonds nonfat greek yogurt and some protein powder mixed up. My lunch/dinner generally consist of chicken breast, beans and vegetables. I have a rice cake and peanut butter snack and a protein shake a day. Im on a ship so if i dont make my,own food I am given complete garbage from the galley.

All that being said im only down 1 lb from last week and 2 lbs in two weeks and its really frustrating. Thats only 6.5 lbs since feb 25. After no exercise for ages and completely changing my lifestyle I thought for sure it would start to come off faster. The last two weeks have been a real kick in the nuts at only 1 lb a week. Not sure what I can do different.
Not sure what page your bio is on.. .so not sure of age, height, starting weight.

1. Have you checked your measurements (waist, etc.)? With a all the weight-lifting and ab routines, you could be gaining some muscle mass while losing fat. and since muscle weighs more than fat, that could account for slowness.

2. but you say a deficit of 300 to 1000 calories a day.
If you average that out that's 650 calorie deficit a day.
To lose a pound, you have to have a deficit of 3500 calories.
Been 30 days since you started.
30 * 650 = 19,500 calories
19,500/3500 = 5.5 pounds.

So, sounds like you are on track based on your calculations. And if you averaged 1000 calorie deficit per day, you'd be 8.5 pounds down now.

During my loss of 35 pounds in about 49 days, I was really hitting it hard.
I wasn't doing any weight workouts other than 3 sets of pushups to failure on each set.
But I ran 5 miles or more every day, and sometimes I'd double up on cardio (at lunch and after work).

And my daily caloric intake was very low. Oatmeal (with sugar, berries, and whole milk in coffee), small lunch (1 serving of whatever we had), small dinner (1 serving of whatever we cooked). No real snacking other than an apple, plum, banana between lunch and dinner.

You are essentially losing weight at the rate for which the numbers say you should be.

Only thing to do different is add more exercise and/or eat less.

Post removed:
by user
CoachRTM
AG
third coast.. said:

Didn't post a bio. When I've done this previously the weight flew off a lot faster. Its just frustrating to me this time around. No measurements but clothes aren't getting looser it feels like. Strength is obviously increasing but was expecting to see more of a difference at the scale. Last big push for me was in 12 and I lost something like 60 lbs in 4 months. Ill just revisit the diet and keep tabs further. More so just airing my frustration. My wife is the only person i talk to about this stuff.
For the record, 1 pound per week is pretty legit.

Are you still on creatine? Is weight loss your primary goal?
Garrelli 5000
AG
Hadn't weighed in since 3/11. Went to Universal Orlando last week and put on 5lbs, but down to 189.3 this morning.
Post removed:
by user
CoachRTM
AG
third coast.. said:

Yes and no/kinda.

My goal is lomgterm overall fitness and health to ensure that im able to keep up with the kids and be a good example for them. Right now yes I want to lose fat while gaining miscle. But this isn't a short term thing but more like getting Back to the lifestyle i know i need to have.
Then it sounds like you're 100% on the right track. If you're consistent with 1 pound per week on average, that is 50+ pounds per year.

If you want to lose weight quicker, you're probably going to have to decrease the calorie intake. Even if you're eating god high quality stuff (which it looks like you are) the calories can still add up over 5-6 meals per day - you would need a calorie deficit of 1,000 per day to lose 2 pounds per week.

I know it's frustrating - I've been there. You have some short-term options to see the numbers go down quicker, but in the end, like you said, it's getting back to the lifestyle you know you need to have.
fish_rich
AG
Third Coast,

I was in the same boat last week. It was 4 weeks of losing ~ 1 pound per week. This week, the scale showed a 5 pound reduction. I made two changes to my diet, I really focused on increasing my fiber, and IMF. Basically, I would eat when my stomach grumbled.
Vernada
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm getting frustrated. I lift 3x a week, ab routine 2x a week, cardio daily, count my calories, completely cut out alcohol/excess sodium/junk food etc. Ive been running a deficit of 300 to 1000 calories a day, depending on activity level. Breakfast is oats, almonds nonfat greek yogurt and some protein powder mixed up. My lunch/dinner generally consist of chicken breast, beans and vegetables. I have a rice cake and peanut butter snack and a protein shake a day. Im on a ship so if i dont make my,own food I am given complete garbage from the galley.

All that being said im only down 1 lb from last week and 2 lbs in two weeks and its really frustrating. Thats only 6.5 lbs since feb 25. After no exercise for ages and completely changing my lifestyle I thought for sure it would start to come off faster. The last two weeks have been a real kick in the nuts at only 1 lb a week. Not sure what I can do different.
stop eating breakfast and snacks.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
bagger05
AG
Tape measure your waist. Sometimes the scale isn't moving but the tape measure is showing results or vice versa. Always helps me to have more opportunities to see improvement and avoid being demotivated.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.