Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,080 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
third coast.. said:

And i reckon I'll give my info.

35 yo
6'2''
2/25 243.5
3/25 237

I work on a ship so life here is generally in a very set schedule which makes life easy when it comes to getting in to routine. When I'm home, that's when keeping the routine gets hard.

Cut out the carbs man. No oatmeal or rice cakes and lay of the peanut butter. Lean meats, veggies, and fruits ONLY. Adjust that and see if you drop anymore weight than what you're dropping now (-1 per week) in two weeks.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
91_Aggie
AG
third coast,
Try to ignore all the talk about certain types of foods and/or meals.

I just lost 35 pounds in 49 days.
Only stuff I cut out was dessert.
I had oatmeal, with sugar, with blueberries for breakfast every day (it was a single serving from the single serving instant packs by Quaker Oats... mostly Brown Sugar and Maple).
with a LARGE coffee that I used whole milk in.

Lunch was just single serving of either left overs from night before, or a turkey sandwich (wheat bread, mesquite smoked turkey, cheese, little bit of mayo, tomatoes, romaine lettuce/spinach), and small serving of chips (whatever kind of chips we had).

Dinner was just a single serving of whatever I or my wife cooked that night. A real single serving, not a plateful.

Water and/or Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade is all I drink... no sodas, no sweet tea.

And then perhaps 2 or 3 pieces of fruit throughout that day... apples, bananas, tangerines, plums, nectarines.

Didn't do anything with avoid carbs, trying to figure out some weird proportion of food types throughout the day.

Just Calories in/Calories Out.

But I burned like crazy. at least 90 minutes of good calorie burning exercise each day. when I couldn't run, then it was 45 minutes to 60 minutes on an elliptical doing a HIIT workout. I stayed on the other side of comfortable for all my workouts. if it felt easy and carefree, then I knew I was slacking.
jopatura
AG
I agree with 91_Aggie. One thing that I've seen in myself is that when I focus on weights, I'm not burning as much calories as the watches & trackers say I am. I really have to hit the cardio to burn real fat. I would start replacing one weight session with extra cardio and see what that does.
chimpanzee
chimpanzee said:

Personal info
42yo Male, 6'1" Married, 2-kids, Houston desk jockey

Starting point
205 - October 24, 2018

Goals
Maintain between 175-180 long term, recomp/add muscle ideally.

Strategy
Pay attention to diet. Cutting out all liquid calories, no snacking, eating significantly less of whatever we have at meal time at home, and ordering chicken, fish and veggies while out instead of pasta, sandwiches, and potatoes. Exercise moderately.

Motivation
Stress builds up and my brain hits the IDGAF button for months/years at a time. In October, I had my first full physical in forever and was not pleased with any of the numbers. I have since dropped down to ~186 as of today.

I have been as low as 170 before, but that's being really strict on things. Intense exercise backfires on me as far as weight goes, I end up feeling miserably hungry after intense workouts, but moderate stuff seems more manageable without slipping on quantity of food.

Saw 174.9 on the scale yesterday, now to maintain diet discipline forever!
Post removed:
by user
theeyetest
Broke the 200 mark this morning! Will post official weigh in number on 4/1--shooting for 197.7!
mrsbeer05
AG
140 this morning. It's higher than when I started, but the numbers are coming down. Going to do body measurements tomorrow.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Haven't been great in the gym or kitchen, but have been better about portion size. Plus playing sports 3 nights a week doesn't hurt. Down 5 since last update to 230.
jopatura
AG
Gained a couple pounds back from traveling for Speing Break. Hovering around 223 and busting ass to get it off.

Signed up for my first 5K in May to give me something to focus on.
theeyetest
3/4- 216.5
3/11- 208.8
3/18- 204.8
3/25- 201.2
4/1- 197.4

Had a REALLY good and consistent week with diet and exercise. Goal weight for 4/8 is 193.9
Post removed:
by user
CoachRTM
AG
Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 13.1 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03)
2/11 : 226.9 - 4 runs, 17.5 miles, 10:27 pace (4:39)
2/18 : 225.5 - 5 runs, 22.3 miles, 11:46 pace (5:14)
2/25 : 222.1 - 2 runs, 17.3 miles, 11:35 pace (5:09)
3/4 : 221.9 - 4 runs, 18 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03)
3/11 : 221.3 - 3 runs, 15.6 miles, 11:10 pace (4:57)
3/18 : 220.5 - 4 runs, 22.0 miles, 10:49 pace (4:48)
3/25 : 217.6 - 4 runs, 19.4 miles, 11:01 pace (4:54)
4/1 : 216.1 - 4 runs, 22.1 miles, 10:35 pace (4:42)

Ran the Huntsville 10 Miler yesterday, which was really hilly. I was aiming for a 1:47:30 time (10:45 pace) for the 5-hour corral placement on my marathon in January. Ended up beating that and getting 1:42:30 (10:15 pace) -about a 4:45 equivalent. Pretty happy with the results overall.
Vernada
AG
third coast.. said:

Really aggravated this week. Only down 1 lb. I decreased caloric intake and increased cardio and maintained the same weight routine. I thought for sure id do better than that.
Cut out breakfast. Eat lunch late. Keep caloric intake about the same.
TRM
AG
third coast.. said:

Really aggravated this week. Only down 1 lb. I decreased caloric intake and increased cardio and maintained the same weight routine. I thought for sure id do better than that.

Listen to Vernada. Last year, I plateaued after 20-25lbs then I dropped my breakfast and the weight came off quickly. Also, try a fasting day.
Post removed:
by user
jopatura
AG
third coast.. said:

The only other thing you could be missing is hidden calories. Either portion sizes aren't correct or the cooks on the boat are dowsing stuff in oils/butter/sauces that are increasing the caloric value of normal every day stuff.
Post removed:
by user
CoachRTM
AG
You're talking to a high percentage of people on this board that are using intermittent fasting (myself included). You're probably going to get advice leaning that way.

For the record, I struggled like you to lose weight quickly. I've found success my doing 16/8 fasting every day (eat from 12-8pm only, without regard to anything except total calories - I'm targeting 1500 net calories per day) and occasionally do a 2-day water fast. I've continued running 4 days per week and lifting weights 2-3 times per week while doing so.

That being said, if intermittent fasting is a "no-go" for you, that's ok - everyone has something different that works for them - it's about finding what works for you.
BreNayPop
AG

i know i get plenty of exercise and it is just my diet, but damn i love food.

plus, back to back races with carb loading excuse hurt.
jopatura
AG
My body decided it was going to take the extra calories from Spring Break and dovetail into a stall. 224 pounds and bouncing around for the last week.
Garrelli 5000
AG
On Friday morning I was 187 - my lowest in years. I ate all the carbs this weekend and was 193 yesterday

Back to 189 today after a 24hr fast from Sunday night until dinner last night.
Vernada
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm sorry I just don't see how cutting out 200 calories about 2 hours after I wake up and after 30-50 minutes of cardio would do much. What is the science behind that? Today I was up at 5, did cardio, cleaned up and started work and then I had my breakfast.
I have absolutely never had diet success like I have with IMF. You say you're frustrated and looking for ideas - what's it hurt to try it?
jakal0722
4/2- 232

Spent the last month not worrying too much and just aiming for a fairly stable weight.

Up a couple pounds but overall much better. Going to push hard this month to really break through the 230 barrier.
Vernada
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm sorry I just don't see how cutting out 200 calories about 2 hours after I wake up and after 30-50 minutes of cardio would do much. What is the science behind that? Today I was up at 5, did cardio, cleaned up and started work and then I had my breakfast.

For the science go to one of th imf threads and look for some links. Basically it has to do with the way your body produces insulin.
jakal0722
4/3-230.4
jakal0722
4/4- 229.2

Had a weird day where I was hungry and thirsty all day long. Not sure what it was about. Ate an extra 200 calories and had about twice as much water as I normally get and still lost over a pound. Super confused.
jopatura
AG
220.7 today!!! Finally shook off that Spring Break gain and I'm at a new low by .4 pounds. I'm hoping by the end of April I'll hit 25 pounds down. That's my new goal.
91_Aggie
AG
jopatura said:

220.7 today!!! Finally shook off that Spring Break gain and I'm at a new low by .4 pounds. I'm hoping by the end of April I'll hit 25 pounds down. That's my new goal.
Awesome! Keep at it!!! The weight does fall off if you keep working at it.
Dr. Gonzo
4/8 - 202.2

Slow but steady progress.
jopatura
AG
220.8 today. Survived the weekend with a very small .1 pound gain. I want to get back to reporting on Monday mornings.
Post removed:
by user
CoachRTM
AG
Start : 233.4
January - 229.9 - 10 runs, 78.9 miles, 11:31 pace (5:07 marathon pace)
February - 224.8 - 14 runs, 77.6 miles, 11:25 pace (5:04)
March - 219.4 - 16 runs, 86.1 miles, 10:52 pace (4:50)

4/1 : 216.1 - 4 runs, 22.1 miles, 10:35 pace (4:42)
4/8 : 216.8 - 3 runs, 20.6 miles, 12:15 pace (5:26)

Went to Disney World for 5 days and ran the Star Wars half marathon with my wife and father-in-law at their pace. Gained a little weight from the trip overall and time to get back to business. Small problem - I developed inflammation in my foot from the walking/running, so I might be taking most (or all) of this week off from running to try and rehab it.
theeyetest
3/4- 216.5
3/11- 208.8
3/18- 204.8
3/25- 201.2
4/1- 197.4
4/8- 198.9

I had bronchitis ALL last week and am now just back to normal. I was unable to work out and my diet was not the best. I finally worked out again this morning and could catch my breath. My goal for 4/15 is to be at 195.4. Here's to getting back on track! I won't let a little bronchitis throw me off!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.