Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,099 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
jakal0722
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1/14- 238.4 - down 7.2 lbs on the month
1/15- 237.4 - down 8.2 lbs on the month (goal is 10 lbs in Jan)

Haven't done as well with going to workout as our evenings have been really busy and that's the only time I can go.

Have at least tried to be active with pushups and body weight squats.

Am unable to do regular pushups, so I have been using our stairs to make it easier. Moved down a stair and can do full sets (though it gets tough) and can do a few one stair lower so I'm pretty excited.

Have also been working on deepening my squats and have noticed a definite improvement. Adding squat jumps in too.
JABQ04
AG
285.8. While the weight loss feels agonizingly slow, I've been eating a lot better so far this year and I really feel good. Need to be better about getting excercise daily, but feeling good about heading the right direction.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I spent last week at a conference in NOLA, gained back e'er'thang.

Bad Adam! Bad!

200.2 this AM. Back to the gulag.
Staff - take out the trash.
91_Aggie
AG
Yesterday, legs felt tired and worn from the 16 miles I ran over the weekend.
So I hit Planet Fitness after work and did an hour on the elliptical
Hill Workout, Interval training version, level 21.
Kept heart rate at 150+ through entire workout for 1 hour.

Scale showed 214.8 this morning. Won't trust that <215 until I see it every day until Friday.

Planning on a 5 mile run at lunch today.
Still eating healthy and small portions (i.e. normal sized portions).

Definitely showing losses in mirror and in clothes.
Was able to wear jeans again that were not comfortably wearable in the last 6 months.
bagger05
AG
Here's the latest.

If you're updating the spreadsheet on your own (which I appreciate) make sure you update the last date you updated it!

SPREADSHEET LINK

bagger05
AG
Aston04
AG
175 (down 4). Almost halfway to goal.
CoachRTM
AG
Just got back home after my week at Disney, and completing the Disney Marathon. First Disney trip where I've weighed less than when I left.

My goal was to finish - my stretch goal was to finish under 6 hours. Ended up running the first half well under my goal - around 2:40. My legs then started reminding me how much training matters around miles 14-15, and ended up walking up a ton in the second half. Pushed myself mentally and still finished the marathon.

Next year's goal is under 5 hours, with the training to match.

Weigh In -

Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.8
1/16 - 229.8

I'm starting a Creatine and Beta Alanine load this week, so I imagine I will be gaining a little weight in the next couple of weeks.
91_Aggie
AG
Was 214.x two days in a row in the morning... so I'm claiming that as an official 215. Down 10 pounds since Jan 1 (and probably 15 since December... I was too afraid to weigh myself in December... never been above 230 and I was pretty sure I was at that time.

kbw01
AG
I'm not too bright, how do i update the spread sheet on my iphone? my work firewall blocks google docs and I don't spend much time on the computer at home. My current weight is 224, down 5 lbs
bagger05
AG
From my iPhone:

If you click the link it will take you direct to the spreadsheet. Highlight the cell you want to edit and at the bottom of the screen there will be an "fx" along with a blank that has the data in it. This is the equivalent of the area where you type in the top of the window in Excel where you could type formulas and whatnot. When you click in that box, it will bring up a keypad with numbers, a decimal, and a backspace. You edit the info from there, and when you're done hit the green check.
kbw01
AG
Thanks bagger

update, still no luck. nothing at the bottom. I will have to remember to get on Mondays from my home computer
BreNayPop
AG
Personal info: BreNayPop, starting year 2 of health journey that had a starting weight of 268 last year- ran a half marathon and multiple spartan races including a spartan beast at Tahoe last year. Lifting every day, still piss poor willpower with respect to diet. 36 yo, married, 4 kids, busy job, involved in too many things living in rural NM.

Starting point: 1/1/2019: 235
Goals: 200 (ultimate if I can make it there)
Motivation: Health, faster race times, leaner body with more muscle mass
Strategy: Intermittent fasting, some keto, lots of exercise- running/lifting
How can we help: Just passengers on the same journey to health.

1/1/19: 235
1/7/19: 236
1/14/19: 234

jakal0722
Baggers directions only work if you have the Google Sheets app for IPhone. It is a free download.
jopatura
AG
Made it to the gym 10 times this month already. I planned on 100 workouts this year but I may need to increase that later.

Weighed in at 234.4 lbs today so officially worked off the weekend bloat. Hoping to drop another pound at least this week.
bagger05
AG
Nice work, man! Don't let up!
bagger05
AG

Weight seems to be hovering at the moment but abdominal circumference is trending in the right direction. Down to 89.6 which is a new low.
91_Aggie
AG
I hope those units are in centimeters! And if they are, congratulations you commie!
aggie appraiser
It looks like one of the headings on your spreadsheet it labeled incorrectly. It says "Percent to Go" and I think it should be "Percent Lost".
91_Aggie
AG
aggie appraiser said:

It looks like one of the headings on your spreadsheet it labeled incorrectly. It says "Percent to Go" and I think it should be "Percent Lost".
If you expand that column it says "Percent to Goal"
bagger05
AG
91_Aggie said:

I hope those units are in centimeters! And if they are, congratulations you commie!
Measuring in metric is more precise.

Comparing my first five day average to my most recent five day average, I'm down 1.32" off my waist since Jan 2.
aggie appraiser
91_Aggie said:

aggie appraiser said:

If you expand that column it says "Percent to Goal"
Got it. Thanks.
91_Aggie
AG
Saw 212.4 this morning,but not going to count that yet. but have been under 214 for 2 days in a row.

So 11 pounds lost since Jan 1.
Garrelli 5000
AG
195.6 today but I expect it to climb with bday celebrations this weekend.
Staff - take out the trash.
bagger05
AG
Down to 198.4. Not a big weight loss week but abdominal circumference has ticked downward a bit.

My girlfriend is out of town this weekend and don't have any plans so going to try REALLY hard to avoid a Monday spike this week.
mrsbeer05
AG
137.8 had a rough couple of days, getting back on track
jakal0722
Been hovering around 237-238 all week though my diet has been good. On the plus size, arms are definitely showing signs of musculature improvement.
bagger05
AG

Another new low on abdominal circumference. So close to being under 35". I can notice my love handles tightening up.
jopatura
AG
232.2 this morning. New low by quite a bit so I'm guessing I'm going to bounce around a little bit this weekend, especially if we eat out at all. Feeling really good though.
bushytailed
AG
Down 1.8 in the last week and a half
fish_rich
AG
Check In

280 / 33.12% BF / 35.93 BMI

Down 3 pounds from last week (6 pounds total). Based on the BF%, it looks like it was all fat that was lost.

Was able to hit the gym everyday Monday through Saturday.

Also kept calorie intake under goal everyday as well
91_Aggie
AG
Saw 211.8 this morning, but do not trust it yet.
Then I ran 8 miles. 20+ MPH wind out of the north was brutal.
Still eating very good.

Be nice to see a 209 or lower by end of next week.

Hoss
AG
I'm headed in the wrong direction right now. The last two weeks have been crazy busy at work so I've missed workouts and have been using eating out as a temporary escape from the jobsite. Gotta get back on track.

2019 Weight Loss

12/30 - 318.4 @ 44.9% BF
1/6 - 312.4 & 43.8% BF
1/13 - 313.2 & 43.9% BF
1/20 - 317.4 & 44.6% BF
bagger05
AG

Over 10 lbs down from where I was on 12/31.
bagger05
AG
Success. No Monday spike.

1/18: 198.4
1/19: 196.4
1/20: 195.8
1/21: 195.8

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.