Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,084 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
208 gained a pound
Formerly tv1113
JABQ04
AG
1/7/19 update- 288.8 lbs
Dale Gribble
Start 1/2 - 203
Update 1/7 - 201.5
bagger05
AG
I added an additional sheet to the weight loss tracker for body fat percentage.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on the weight loss tracker, but on BF% everyone is on their own.
CoachRTM
AG
bagger05 said:

I added an additional sheet to the weight loss tracker for body fat percentage.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on the weight loss tracker, but on BF% everyone is on their own.
Added in a calculation for pounds of fat lost (based on weights from the weight sheet and body fat%)

I'm a crazy numbers guy like you, apparently. Feel free to edit or delete if you see fit.
Aries
Ok I'll talk. After losing over 100 lbs with bariatric surgery, I need to tone. I don't want to be some super muscular chick but I need to get rid of my bat wings & shape up my legs. I've started some yoga & some of it is hot yoga (need to sweat my toxins out) but also need to do stream some videos at home twice a week at least. I just want to be able to wear a sleeveless dress & not hate myself. Im getting new boobs in March (I have sad boobs) & feel the rest of me should match them. So away I go......
aggiespartan
AG
Aries said:

Ok I'll talk. After losing over 100 lbs with bariatric surgery, I need to tone. I don't want to be some super muscular chick but I need to get rid of my bat wings & shape up my legs. I've started some yoga & some of it is hot yoga (need to sweat my toxins out) but also need to do stream some videos at home twice a week at least. I just want to be able to wear a sleeveless dress & not hate myself. Im getting new boobs in March (I have sad boobs) & feel the rest of me should match them. So away I go......
I would recommend doing at least some weight lifting. You aren't going to turn into a "super muscular chick" unless you are trying really hard.
aggie appraiser
I posted on the IMF thread, but I might as well jump in here also.

Starting point: 01/01/19
6'0" 248.0

Goals:
Drop 30 pounds in the next three months (By April 1)
Drop 50 pounds in six months (July 1)

Motivation:
Have seen success from others using this method and it appears to be something that will fit my lifestyle best. (Intermittent Fasting)

Strategy:
Intermittent Fasting
Minimal Exercise at this point due to joint pain, hopefully that will reduce with weight reduction and IMF

How can we help:
? Not sure. I've been on the eating method for 1 week and it has been very easy for me. I started by skipping breakfast and eating supper early which was about an 18 hour of fasting and 6 hours of eating. I've decreased my eating timeline to 4 hours at this point and may try to get to 22 hours fasting, 2 hours of eating. I lost 5 pounds in the first week. My energy levels have been stable and I haven't noticed any ill effects of this eating method. On the other hand, I'm waking up feeling refreshed in the morning without an alarm. This is something I've never experienced in my life. Good luck to everyone.

I've known several people who have had great results with this lifestyle change and if you have trouble dieting, this might be something that will work for you. I will keep you guys updated on my progress. Best of luck to you.

01/01/19 - 248.0
01/08/19 - 243.0
bagger05
bagger05
bagger05
bagger05
bagger05
AG
Here's where we are as of this morning. Congrats to Adam Ag 98 for getting more than 20% home and Hoss who is down 6 lbs!

SPREADSHEET LINK

jakal0722
Bagger, when are you going to update each week?

I usually don't take much suit in my Monday weight as Sunday is the day I don't track calories.

1/2-245.6
1/8-240.6

Of course immediately after stepping off the scale my wife texted and asked if I wanted Girl Scout cookies.....
bagger05
AG
Samoas FTMFW!!!!!

Everyone is free to update the spreadsheet whenever they want. I update mine every day since I'm tracking daily anyway.

When I see someone put in an update on the thread, I'll usually check to see if it's on the spreadsheet and if not I'll pop over and update it.

This week was a little weird since we're just getting started and I made sure to tag folks who haven't updated this week and want to make sure we're not missing accountability for anyone. I'll post the next screenshot on 1/15. As long as someone has an update as of 1/8 or later, I'll assume they have a current weight in there and that will be my method going forward.

And of course everyone else is welcome to screengrab and post whenever they want. So if you are updating in the middle of the week and your current weight shows you kicking everyone's ass, PLEASE screengrab, post, and rub it in our faces.
jakal0722
Problem is I can have two thin mints for almost the same caloric value as a samoa. But then next thing I know, a whole sleeve has disappeared...
bagger05
AG
The solution is to understand and accept that thin mints are an abomination. The truth will set you free.
redass89
Howdy! I'm starting on time this year and plan to update once or twice a month. I had a hell of a 2018. I'm 6' and my starting weight was about 515 lbs. I lost 160 lbs since May of 2018 and I'm down to 355 lbs. I'm feeling much better which is kind of screwing with me because I got away from the hard work I was doing to get to that point and plateaued during the holidays. I'm jumping back into my exercising though and keeping myself accountable with my money through a series of bets.

So 2019 current:
6'

Goal by December of 2019:
6'
Lose 140 lbs

Immediate goal:
346 by January 31st
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Keep it up man. That's so awesome.
bagger05
AG
Badass, my dude. Keep up the great progress!
Aston04
AG
6'2. 179 poinds. Down almost 30 pounds from 1.5 years ago when I leaned my bmi was "overweight" at my physical. Reality check!

Dream weight 170 and add muscle. Keep pushing- we'll see what happens.
bagger05
AG
I'm kinda impressed by the staying power of BMI. The formula has been around for about 150 years and as far as I know it remains unchanged.

I think there are health benefits to weighing less even at healthy fat percentages, but if I got down to 9% body fat AND lost ten pounds of lean mass I would still be overweight on the BMI scale. It's always felt like an uncatchable rabbit for me so I've never concerned myself with it.
AggieBarstool
Just saw this thread. So excited.

Personal info:
I've been on a weight-loss / health improvement kick for over a year. I started 2018 (yes, a year ago) weighing in at 279. Not a great start considering I just got married on 1/2/18. By the end of 2018, I got myself down to 183, but bounced back up due to the holidays. :-/ Keys to my success were a low-carb diet (not keto), intermittent fasting, calorie counting (using MyFitnessPal), moving more (cycling for the win), and being smarter about what I ate.

Starting point:
Weighed in this morning at 190.4.

Goals:
I want to get to 175. Dr. thinks that's a reasonable weight for my demographic (36 year old white male, no kids, recently married). I think it'd be cool to say I lost 100+ lbs. in ~1 year.

Motivation:
I don't want to be dead before I'm 40. At 36, I haven't started a family yet, so I know I'm going to be one of those "older dads." I want to be around long enough to see my kids graduate, get married and have kiddos of their own. I figure I can't do that if I'm a tub of lard.

Strategy:
Calorie-counting (1300/day), low-carb (<50g/day), IMF, and cycling have worked for me so far. I figure if I keep it up, I'll hit my goal. The problem is I don't cycle when it's cold outside, so I have to start training indoors.

In addition to this, riding in various bike races/events around Texas is a huge motivation. I rode Hotter 'n Hell in August and LOVED it (did the 100k); I want to do the 75mi. or 100mi. this year. I also want to train for a few local rides and work my way up to doing the MS150 next year.

What help do I need?
Just knowing I'm being held accountable to someone other than myself or my wife is inspirational enough to keep me away from the desserts + sodas and help me stay the course.
bagger05
AG
Welcome aboard!
bagger05
AG
199.6 this morning. First weigh-in under 200 this year.
Gordon McKernan
bagger05 said:

Personal info
Starting point
Goals
Motivation
Strategy
How can we help
  • 30 y/o male, married, 2 kids & #3 on the way. 5'10". Work in Corp America aka sit at a desk most of the day
  • 205 on Jan 2nd (highest weight ever)
  • Less than 190.... I feel this is realistic & attainable and if/when I hit this will evaluate how i feel and set a new goal
  • Clothes are getting tight and I can tell the extra weight while running isn't helping. Would like to break a sub 1:40 half marathon and know i need to lose weight to do it. Did a 1:45 half end of Oct while weighing close to 200. I do lift a lot of weights and have for a while so while my weight loss goal isn't all that drastic it is more of a body recomp in addition to the weight loss.
  • Eat and drink less.... I have always worked out a lot. I just have a unhealthy relationship with food and routinely binge eat at night. Also drinking too much. Not going to get super strict with a meal plan but my main strategy is to stop drinking in non-social settings. Stop late night binge eating when i am not even hungry. I do need to get back into running again as I haven't ran much in the last two months.
  • I just need to continue to check-in here to hold myself accountable.
91_Aggie
AG
Personal info:
Just turned 50. Been lazy the last 3 years... got down to 199 back then but then work, life and just being lzay got in the way.

Starting point:
Started hitting hard in mid-December and was probably close to 230. First time I weighed myself since starting was around Christmas and was 225. Weight 217 after a 5 mile run today, so I'm really about 220.

Goals:
Get Below 200 and hopefully to 190.

Motivation:
I get excited about losing weight, working out, eating right.. .then hit my goal and all that motivation goes away.

Strategy:
doing what I did before, but as I'm older now, my metabolism is crap, so eating right is more important to my weight loss than it was when I was 40. Doing good so far,.

What help do I need?
Just need to stay motivated as I near the low end of goal. Usually something at work (some major issue pops up for a week or so) and that can send me down the path of eating out and being too worried about solving that issue to exercise.
bagger05
AG
Welcome!
Aston04
AG
bagger05 said:

I'm kinda impressed by the staying power of BMI. The formula has been around for about 150 years and as far as I know it remains unchanged.

I think there are health benefits to weighing less even at healthy fat percentages, but if I got down to 9% body fat AND lost ten pounds of lean mass I would still be overweight on the BMI scale. It's always felt like an uncatchable rabbit for me so I've never concerned myself with it.
it is not perfect, but bmi has value in recognizing most people who are in or out of shape... it did for me my fat butt.
TXAGFAN
AG
Weighed in today at 383. Unfortunately I realized later the day I posted this initially I was 390, not 380 I guessed in my introduction. [/vomit]
aggie_fan13
AG
you can only go down from here pal
TXAGFAN
AG
azulAg said:

you can only go down from here pal
Agree. Just when you get super fat you say things to yourself like "Well, I'll never get THAT heavy." Then one day you look at scale and think "Holy ****, I'm almost 400lbs - they could put me on one of those tv shows."
bagger05
AG
OaklandAg06
AG
Chipping away 1lb at a time- 215 this morning.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Down to 162 today. Started at 165 on Sunday.

Mostly water weight I'm sure, but glad to see it go down towards my goal of 155.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.