Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,093 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
johnnyrg16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been lurking here for a bit and finally decided to join in on the fun.

Personal info:
28, 5'10", male, recently married, no kids

Starting point:
Started this journey on January 7th at 275 (highest weight in all my life was 280 when I got married back in July 2018)

Currently at 257.2 and ~33.1% BF (only recently started tracking bf %)

Goals:
Ideally, I'd like to be around 200-215. However, my first goal is to get to 240. I'd also like to eventually work up the courage to do a 5k at some point this year.

Motivation:
My main motivation is to improve my overall health. Have recently had a few health concerns (high triglycerides/ high cholesterol/ abnormal LFT results/ lower back problem/ and possible sleep apnea (will be having a sleep study on Tuesday to confirm). Most of these can be attributed to or made worse by being overweight and having a bad diet. I'm too young to be having serious health issues and now that I'm married I guess I can't really be selfish with my life choices anymore. I also just want to have more energy to do things and be active when I have kids.

Strategy:
I've been on a low carb diet (outside of a birthday weekend splurge). The real difference, I think, has been not eating out as much and cutting out all sugary drinks (sodas and sweet tea) completely. So far no workouts but will probably need to incorporate some form of exercise soon.

How can we help:
Honestly, just knowing there are other Ags out there trying to make a change to their health/fitness/body is encouraging. It's nice to know I'm not on this journey alone even though we are all starting from a different place and have different goals.

Feel free to share any tips, advice, etc and encouragement is always welcome.
bagger05
AG
Sounds like you're already on a good path, man. Welcome to the thread!

Put your info in the google spreadsheet linked at the top of the OP if you haven't already and let's get trackin!
Garrelli 5000
AG
Gained a little over the weekend, up to 198.2.

I tweaked a muscle pretty bad at the base of my neck on Friday, leaving me to pretty much try and move as little as possible all weekend. I'm past that, however the other muscles in the neck/upper back area are paying the price of over-compensation right now. Hopefully another day or two and I can get back in the gym. Riding in a car sucks right now.
Staff - take out the trash.
Vernada
AG
Down a little more than 10# so far in Jan. Even better, my BF% is the lowest it's been in ages.

Three things contributing: Diet, no drinking, and I've finally found an activity that I enjoy.
herb11
AG
1/1 - 140
1/7 - 138
1/14 - 136.8
1/21 - 136.0
1/28 - 136.6

Goal: 120

About ready to throw my current scale in the trash and buy a new one. I question its accuracy as it gives me a different reading each time I step on it, even if only a few seconds apart. I did really well with staying on track this week with my diet so this weigh in is frustrating. Oh well, tracking it and moving on. Hoping to see movement in the right direction next week... with a new scale.
jopatura
AG
Didn't hit 229 this weekend. Should be able to when I have my next woosh. The bouncing around my body does is messing with my mind this week.
mrsbeer05
AG
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

I started 2018 and my highest weight was 268, I was 230 dec 15th.

Goal 200.

Started 2019: 235
1/7/19: 236
1/14/19: 234
1/22/19: 236

1/28/19: 233
fish_rich
AG
1/1 - 286; 34.54% BF
1/5 - 285; 34.46% BF
1/12 - 283; 33.84% BF
1/19 - 280; 33.12% BF
1/25 - 278; 34.08% BF

The last three weeks have been hitting the gym 6 days per week. I know that people will say that it takes 3 weeks for a habit to form, but I am worried about slipping back into my default couch potato ways.

Knowing that you cant "outrun your diet", I have been staying around 2000 - 2300 calories per day. More important for me though is that I am putting everything into MyFitnessPal. The plan to focus on one meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack) at a time until I feel that I have the meal under control.

Finally, I have started IMF. Since I have been skipping breakfast, I guess I can say I have that meal under control

TL;DR version - I shed 2 pounds this week
rosco511
AG
I found that I like them much better once refrigerated.
91_Aggie
AG
Update:
Early December: 230
Jan 1: 225
Jan 28th: 212 (been stuck here for a week, but had bad week last week at work and impacted my workout schedule)

Dr. Gonzo
Update 1/28:

214.0 lbs

Weight loss last week: 0.8 lbs
Weight loss total: 6.0 lbs

% weight loss since start: 2.73%

Workout Summary:
7 OTF workouts: 280 SP.
Calories burned: 6,659*
*Don't trust OTF calorie calculations, but will use it!
big1russ
198.6 today. After the weekend, my 8 day rolling average is under 200 too. This is the first time in my adult life I have been in the 'healthy' BMI range (6'3", BMI 24.82). I don't think I've been under 200 since middle school. Pretty excited about getting below 200.

Also, I weighed 400 at my doctors visit in February of 2018 that spurred my whole weight loss journey, so that means I've lost over 50% of my body weight in just under a year.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
big1russ said:

198.6 today. After the weekend, my 8 day rolling average is under 200 too. This is the first time in my adult life I have been in the 'healthy' BMI range (6'3", BMI 24.82). I don't think I've been under 200 since middle school. Pretty excited about getting below 200.

Also, I weighed 400 at my doctors visit in February of 2018 that spurred my whole weight loss journey, so that means I've lost over 50% of my body weight in just under a year.
That's incredible.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I ate too dang much this weekend. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning.

What scale are you guys using? I need a new one.
Vernada
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I ate too dang much this weekend. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning.

What scale are you guys using? I need a new one.
I've been using a Tanita for years. It's probably close to 10 years old. Still seems to work well.

For the BF%, I don't take it as the holy grail but feel that I can trust it from a relative standpoint.

In other words, if it says 30%, I don't know for sure how close that is. But if it moves from 30% to 28%, I feel pretty confident that I've lost 2% BF.
Pahdz
I have the Nokia Body Cardio, although the "cardio" feature was disabled by Nokia last year for basically being snake oil. Other than that it's great
Hoss
AG
Forgot to update this morning. Didn't make any progress this week...

2019 Weight Loss

12/30 - 318.4 @ 44.9% BF
1/6 - 312.4 & 43.8% BF
1/13 - 313.2 & 43.9% BF
1/20 - 317.4 & 44.6% BF
1/28 - 317.2 & 44.6% BF

On the bright side, I'm slowly working my way toward my goal of 500 pound deadlifts. Tonight was 5x5 with 355 and I killed it.
jakal0722
1/29-235.8 (.2 lbs away from end of Jan goal)

Had a 1.5 weekend spike that fell off quickly. Should hit my January goal tomorrow though!
BQ2001
AG
I have a Garmin scale I like. I have a Garmin watch too so it's nice seeing everything in one spot. Like others the body fat may not be accurate but it seems to be consistent.
TwoMarksHand
AG
big1russ said:

Gunna have to find a new username. That's awesome!
91_Aggie
AG
Bigruss1 is killing it. Did you happen to take before pics and progress pics? Not to post here but just for yourself.

who?mikejones
AG
1/2- 232
1/27- 227

Goal is 215 by end of March and 205 by end of August. When i hit that, i will make new goals.
bagger05
AG
Some amazing progress going on here! Everybody keep it up.

It's danger time... the new year's resolutions aren't quite as fresh, distractions are popping up, it's going to get easier and easier to lose focus and break commitments you've made to yourself. DON'T GIVE IN! HANG IN THERE AND WORK TOWARD WHAT YOU'VE SAID IS IMPORTANT TO YOU!

Gordon McKernan
Slight increase since last week due to weekend. Back on track now.
Diggity
AG
big1russ said:

That's amazing! Congrats.

You have a doctor helping you along with this?
JABQ04
AG
286.8 yesterday morning
TXAGFAN
AG
Weighed in today at 377.
big1russ
Unfortunately, I did not. When I first started I didn't think it would amount to much. Next thing I knew I was 50 lbs down, and I was kicking myself for not doing a set of before pictures. I'll post a couple pictures that give an idea of the transformation though. 1st pic is from a buddies wedding in October of 15, 2nd pic is from my brothers wedding in December of 16 (my wife is 8 months pregnant in this pic), 3rd pic is from 1/1/18, last pic is from my cousins wedding in December of 18.

big1russ
I did not. I actually went to the doc in December for a check up to qualify for this years insurance discount at work, and the doctor didn't even notice! I had to point it out to him. Blood tests came back good though, and BP has gotten much better.
bagger05
AG
jakal0722
1/30 - 235.2

January goal met! Now onto the February goal of 225.
CoachRTM
AG
Weigh In -

Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.8
1/16 - 229.8
1/22 - 229.0
1/30 - 227.6

I'm keeping up with my running schedule - 15-20 miles per week.
Eating could be better, but it's still much better than it was.
Diggity
AG
Very impressive. Can't believe the doc didn't notice.

I'm guessing you didn't see him very often (hopefully)
91_Aggie
AG
I've seen 209 two mornings in a row so I'm calling it 209.

16 pounds down since Jan 1. 21 down since sometime in December.

Back comfortably into my 36" waist jeans.... heading towards some 34" waist jeans that have been sitting in bottom of closet for a long time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.