Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,086 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
Post removed:
by user
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've gotten to where I'm not trusting my BF% reading anymore. I've never really known how accurate it was, but always trusted it in a relative sense.

However for the last few months it's staying more or less static (or w/in a very tight band) but the mirror test / clothes test says it's wrong.
Post removed:
by user
bagger05
AG
Back at it. Making progress. Quietly confident that this is the time I crush my biggest goals.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Got off track for a couple months and added 5 lbs. started again at the start of the month and down a little over 10.
jopatura
AG
Morning weigh-in: 217.1 pounds

I went to Las Vegas for a week earlier this month and I didn't focus on anything. When I came back, I couldn't get back into it. Now I'm feeling sick from all the crap I've been eating. Time to dial it back in, I've had my "fun".
Post removed:
by user
jopatura
AG
209.9 this morning. I was very focused this week on bringing down my post-Las Vegas bloat and I hit a new low!! Also hit 30 pounds down.
Wildmen06
AG
Just found this thread....i was about 215 in March and am down to 179 as if my last weigh in.
Post removed:
by user
Vernada
AG
ftab06 said:

Just found this thread....i was about 215 in March and am down to 179 as if my last weigh in.
nice.
Gordon McKernan
Still sitting in the low 190s... I did see 186.x on the scale last weekend. But that was after a morning 5 mile run, working in the garage for a bit, mowing/trimming the entire yard, all in the Houston heat and had only eaten 1 protein bar the entire day... So doesn't really count.

I still contribute much of my weight loss to picking up dipping again, but also now that I did get some momentum after dropping 7-8lbs I have been more conscious of my eating decisions.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Thought I'd join in.

Starting point:
Weighed in at 220 back in March, just hit 202 today.

Goals:
Get below 180 lbs. 190 by mid August.

Motivation:
Get back in shape. I've done it before but success defeated me. Got complacent and grad school was a killer for sitting around studying. Kept the grad school weight once I rejoined the working world. Its time to get back into shape and not accept the weight gain.

Strategy:
Has been intermittent fasting- skip breakfast, portion control, and no post dinner snacking. During the week I do great. Salad for lunch everyday. Friday-Sunday is when I wipe out all my weight loss progress. So cutting alcohol and bad social eating is key.

What help do I need?
Beyond general support, any hamstring and ankle stretch routine recommendations would be great. Especially hearing from someone who made flexibility gains. That is a big limiter on my workouts.
Post removed:
by user
Dr. Gonzo
Seem to have hit a plateau the past few weeks. Going to start tracking calories again to catch where I am slipping up. Have been going to OTF 6-7x week, so haven't been slacking working out.
91_Aggie
AG
I fell off the wagon after hitting my goal earlier this year.
Mmmmm, ice cream is so good.

Anyways, I had gotten down to 189 from 230... was back up to 204-205 last week.
200 this morning and back at it. Figured I needed to get going again since I decided without much thought to sign up for the BCS Marathon when they opened registration several months ago.

Back to proper eating and running every day.
Post removed:
by user
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Started 11 months ago at 278... Been holding steady at 196 for the past week, all on diet alone. Starting back at the gym soon as I'd like to stay a strong lean 195ish. Need to figure out a routine that allows me to add a little more back into the diet while basically maintaining.
Diggity
AG
Check this book out. New edition is on sale for a buck on the Kindle. I'm a big fan of the weight lifting program described in here. His blog and podcasts are great too.

Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body (Muscle for Life Book 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006XF5BTG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dLOmDbJSX54AX
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ag12thman
jopatura
AG
Been feeling kind of meh about weight loss the last few weeks. Weighed in this morning at 212.7 so basically maintaining. Trying to get my mindset back into it but struggling.
Post removed:
by user
one MEEN Ag
AG
Weighed in at 200.6 this morning.

Haven't been going to the gym, just been working around the house on big projects every night and entire weekends. That has been exhausting enough.

No breakfast. Salad for lunch, bigger dinner but nothing too carb heavy. No late night snacking.

Vernada
AG
Vernada said:

Vernada said:

Vernada said:

Vernada said:

On Christmas Day I weighed in at 185. Weighed 173 this morning. Seen a nice bf% drop too.

IMF
No alcohol (down from 30-40+ per week)
Rucking
Did a random weigh in today. Don't feel like I've lost any weight this week. Lo and behold: sub 170! Just barely. But still a nice surprise.
Down to 167.

This was my 'worst' week since Christmas as I was only down 1.5 lbs. But still - that means I've managed to lose every week that I've been trying to. I'm pretty sure I've never had this much success when trying to lose weight.

165 for this morning's weigh in.
157 this morning. Consistently under 160 now.

Nice overall strength increases too.

I really wish I had the 'before' snapshot for some side-by-side comps.
Post removed:
by user
rodeorover
Im 30yr old. No kids

I tried mutiple programs including keto and carb cycling, was very difficult but worked but could not keep up with it as I began to become lethargic. The problem was mostly how to have enough energy with the fats I was using in my diet.

I was at 155 pounds and went down to 132 then went back up.
I workout regularly the problem I have is with my diet and how to change it accordingly.

I am currently 139 pounds, I don't know my body fat percentage but I want to lose 10 more pounds.
Im currently using Cinderella but also found a couple websites online that work really good!
https://hop.clickbank.net/?yoshi2188=XXXX&vendor=poundinc&tid=XXX
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/3-day-total-body-sculpting-workouthttps://www.facebook.com/womensfitnessmagazine/

aggiespartan
AG
When we started all of this I was 117, which was the heaviest I'd ever been. My goal was really to get a lot more muscle and get some abs peaking through. This last week I really started tracking my food. When I started tracking I was around 114. Today I weighed in at 111.8. I've gained a lot of upper body muscle. Working on the belly. I hate tracking, but it has kept me from eating too many bad things that I think were probably contributing to some bloat.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
I've been stuck hovering around 196-198 for the past couple of months, though that's entirely my fault as I've been LAX on keeping my diet 100% in check. Keto for 51 weeks now and down 85 lbs over that time span but I need to get back to my motivation. Kids start school this week and I'll be hitting the gym so that should help kickstart things.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
jopatura
AG
It's been a full month and a few days but I finally got my butt in gear and hit a new low today. 208.7 pounds. I got up to 217ish at the worst of it in July. I'm hoping to see 190's in September.
wbt5845
AG
I have not been part of this thread but have been working hard on my weight. I did a submersion body composition test in January and a bio-impedance test today. I have another submersion test scheduled for October.

Not sure I fully believe the bio-impedance test results, but it is an interesting comparison.

Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.