Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****2019 Weight Loss/Body Transformation*****

67,098 Views | 690 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieChemE09
fish_rich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weighed in today at 272 with 32.1% BF.

Total weight loss 14 pounds and 2.3%BF since 12/31.

With my goal of losing 56 pounds this year, I am 1/4 of the way there.
Garrelli 5000
AG
193.1 this AM, down from 196.7 last week. After bouncing back and forth between 197 and 202 all year, finally getting some consistent positive momentum.

It's great not having scheduled events or family visiting to focus. I could have tried to find the will power sooner, but it's easier to get the will power when you've had some consistent loss weeks. At that point it feels bigger to suddenly cheat.
Staff - take out the trash.
Vernada
AG
Vernada said:

Vernada said:

On Christmas Day I weighed in at 185. Weighed 173 this morning. Seen a nice bf% drop too.

IMF
No alcohol (down from 30-40+ per week)
Rucking
Did a random weigh in today. Don't feel like I've lost any weight this week. Lo and behold: sub 170! Just barely. But still a nice surprise.
Down to 167.

This was my 'worst' week since Christmas as I was only down 1.5 lbs. But still - that means I've managed to lose every week that I've been trying to. I'm pretty sure I've never had this much success when trying to lose weight.
jopatura
AG
228.1 this morning! It's a big woosh but my goal is not to undo it. I want to see 227 by Thursday.
bagger05
AG
Perhaps you've discussed previously but what's your strategy?
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

I started 2018 and my highest weight was 268, I was 230 dec 15th.

Goal 200.

Started 2019: 235
1/7/19: 236
1/14/19: 234
1/22/19: 236
1/28/19: 233
2/4/19: 233
2/11/19: 233

2/18/19: 227

finally w keto, IMF, and increased cardio the number falls!!!
CoachRTM
AG
Start : 233.4
1/7 : 231.6
1/14 : 230.7 - Ran Marathon
1/21 : 229.0 - 2 runs, 9.3 miles, 11:38 pace (5:10 marathon pace)
1/28 : 229.7 - 3 runs, 16 miles, 11:40 pace (5:11 marathon pace)
2/4 : 227.4 - 3 runs, 16.5 miles, 11:22 pace (5:03 marathon pace)
2/11 : 226.9 - 4 runs, 17.5 miles, 10:27 pace (4:39 marathon pace)
2.18 : 225.5 - 5 runs, 22.3 miles, 11:46 pace (5:14 marathon pace)
Dr. Gonzo
211 this morning. Down 9 lbs since start, averaging ~1 lb a week so far.
Vernada
AG
bagger05 said:

Perhaps you've discussed previously but what's your strategy?
IMF
No alcohol (down from 30-40+ per week)
Rucking

For IMF I was doing an 18/6 routine. Light lunch, regular dinner. But the past few weeks I've been at about 22/2 - just eating dinner with the family - because it's so easy.

And I don't do anything special for dinner. I just eat like I always have, whatever we are having. No special shopping, no special ingredients or cooking. About as simple as it gets really.
bagger05
AG
I read Jason Fung's book and am starting up a fasting protocol. Today is my first day on it. Closing in on 24 hours and not a big deal, really. A few cups of different teas since last night but going strong. Probably going to hang in until dinner which is going to be about 27-28 hours. Not planning on making this my usual deal but schedule worked out this way.

Planning on doing a couple 24 hour fasts during the week and otherwise doing something like 16/8.
91_Aggie
AG
saw 202 this morning... but not counting that yet.

Ran miles at lunch and afterwards after stepping on the scale I saw it briefly flash to 199.x before settling on 200.8... I know that's a "5 miles of sweat" post run weight, but still encouraging to see especially after Jan 1 of seeing 225.x.

Texas_Aggie91
AG
Too late to hop in this?

1/1: 256
Current: 235
Goal: 215
bagger05
AG
Make sure you put your info on the Google spreadsheet linked in the OP.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Updated, thanks!
jopatura
AG
In a non-weight update, I've had 30 workouts in the gym so far this year. I don't count walks I go on with my kids. I've also upped my step average to over 11,000 a day. That's insane to me since I think I averaged 3,000-4,000/day last year.
Frok
AG
Just want to vent how hard it is to not just eat healthy but to AVOID the bad foods at time. Yesterday at the office we celebrated a birthday. I went to the meeting and there were only 5 people there and a homemade carrot cake. Normally I would pass but I felt like that person worked hard making the cake and almost nobody was there to eat it. So I decided to just have a piece. I requested a small piece. It wasn't small and I ate the whole thing. Later looked up how many calories are in carrot cake........damn. Stupid stupid stupid me.

Post removed:
by user
Vade281
AG
Done 28 pounds since September. Only 15 more pounds until I'm at my goal. It's hard losing weight now when you're 166 pounds lol. I am winning the work competition though for Biggest Loser.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Down to 161.
Also hit a new PR on bench of 190x2.
Getting closer to my goal of 225x1 for 2019. I don't expect to make too much more progress while cutting to 155, but glad to know I'm not losing strength since I'm going so slow with the weight loss.
91_Aggie
AG
Frok said:

Just want to vent how hard it is to not just eat healthy but to AVOID the bad foods at time. Yesterday at the office we celebrated a birthday. I went to the meeting and there were only 5 people there and a homemade carrot cake. Normally I would pass but I felt like that person worked hard making the cake and almost nobody was there to eat it. So I decided to just have a piece. I requested a small piece. It wasn't small and I ate the whole thing. Later looked up how many calories are in carrot cake........damn. Stupid stupid stupid me.

I've gotten to the point, especially with restaurants, of just getting a to-go box immediately, then putting half of everything on the plate in the to-go box before I even start eating.
Portions are so big these days at restaurants.

But office stuff can be difficult.

MMmmmm carrot cake, especially home-made. I feel your pain.
91_Aggie
AG
anyone heard from bigruss1... he hasn't checked into the tracker spreadsheet since Jan28th?
bagger05
AG
Antibiotics and steroids, work conference, girlfriend's birthday, being sick and missing the gym... finally back on track this week.

BF is up a touch but weight is getting back down to where it needs to be.

91_Aggie
AG
Alright, seen 201.x two days in a row.

Calling it at 202 official weight.

23 pounds down since Jan 1. At least 28 since middle of December.

jakal0722
I made that mistake last night. Went out with people I don't know well but need to make a good impression on. Would normally have a to go box at the beginning but to not be weird I didn't. I finished the plate....

On the plus side, it was really good so if I'm going to over consume on calories then I should at least really enjoy it.
bagger05
AG
Congratulations on successfully not being that guy.

Glad the food was good. It's always a crappy feeling when you eat a ton and then realize after that the food you just binged on was garbage.
jakal0722
Ya. Everyone else got a box at the end... One person broke their keto diet so that made me feel better. My solution today is to eat light to make up. Her solution is a bone broth fast. I think I got the easy way.
Vade281
AG
Added myself to the list.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
91_Aggie
AG
Saw 199.4 on the scale this morning. this was after double workouts yesterday (5 mile run at lunch, 45 minutes HIIT on elliptical after work). I weighed 201.8 yesterday morning.

Going to claim 200 for now. Hopefully I won't have to post a gain.

25 pounds down since Jan 1 (and 30 since mid-December... wasn't tracking carefully then since Holidays were in full force)

10 to go for my initial goal. I'll have to see what I look like at 190... I graduated college at 185 in 1992 when I never had to worry about weight gain.
bagger05
AG
New low this morning at 192. Good to be back on track after a prolonged spike.

No exercise allowed for a week and only light exercise the week after that so hopefully that won't derail things.
91_Aggie
AG
Alright, got good confirmation this morning that i'm really at <=200. Saw 198.0 on scale this morning.

bagger05
AG
Huge milestone, man. Congrats and keep it up!
91_Aggie
AG
bagger05 said:

Huge milestone, man. Congrats and keep it up!
Yeah, I have a personality type of setting a goal and then laser-focusing on that goal and then when I hit it, losing interest. I think the biggest changes I've made are sustainable this time... mainly how I eat. I'm not doing one of those diets where you have to cut out certain foods (well, I am cutting out buying 1/2 gallons of Key Lime Mango Tart Blue Bell ice cream and eating it all within a weekend )

Just portion control and changing my mindset that I definitely don't need the large portions I used to eat.

OaklandAg06
AG
210 as of this morning- nice to start seeing progress again. It's been great reading everyone's progress so far- keep it up!

Down 6 lbs since January, 20 lbs to go.
Diggity
AG
Am I allowed to skip weigh in after cook off?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I think there are quite a few Intermittent Fasters or those that are interested in it on this thread.

Here's a pretty neat video from a good fitness youtube channel I follow about it. I don't personally use IMF, but it seems like it is a great tool a ton of people are using to lose weight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.