Houston
Sponsored by

5 HPD Officers Shot

94,715 Views | 510 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ghost91
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just to make sure I've got this figured out...

The incompetent Mayor Turner is calling for an investigation headed up by the incompetent DA Kim Ogg to investigate the crooked HPD officer who worked under the incompetent Chief Acevedo.

What a shlt show
WES2006AG
AG
lunchbox said:

Good. That guy has to be shiiting a brick right about now.
CoachRTM
AG
WES2006AG said:

lunchbox said:

Good. That guy has to be shiiting a brick right about now.
Seeing as he hasn't been able to eat solid food since the incident, that's highly unlikely.

(He got shot in the neck/jaw area)
DVC2010
AG
Chief: Houston police will end use of no-knock warrants

Quote:

"The no-knock warrants are going to go away like leaded gasoline in this city," Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo announced during a town hall meeting Monday.

He said officers will need to request a special exemption from his office to conduct a no-knock raid.

In other words, exactly what some of you are asking for.

Quote:

Acevedo also announced a new policy for undercover officers to wear body cameras during raids.

Presumably that was already the policy for uniformed officers. I can't imagine why it took so long, but it's a good change.
schmellba99
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

i wonder if it is going to change now knowing a black officer lied that left white people dead.
You know the answer to this already
Liquid Wrench
Traditionally, I don't know how much the chief (whoever it was) has been involved in day to day operations. I've heard some guys talk about their assistant chiefs and immediate supervisors like they really ran the department.

But I'm sure there are posters and lurkers here who know much more about that.
terradactylexpress
I know he isn't an elected position, but the union guy should step down as well
[img]http://www.unicron.us/tf1985/cartoon/dinobots2.jpg[/img]
Marvin_Zindler
AG
"I'd like to introduce you to your new mayor, Mr. Tony Buzbee"
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Underrated post.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
terradactylexpress said:

That guy has a really punchable face and a voice to match.
BowSowy
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Traditionally, I don't know how much the chief (whoever it was) has been involved in day to day operations. I've heard some guys talk about their assistant chiefs and immediate supervisors like they really ran the department.

I don't care if Acevedo heard nothing about this raid until after it happened. Gaining the pay and exposure from being on the top means you are the one to answer for when things go bad. Can't take the credit without taking the blame.
f burg ag
AG
BowSowy said:

Social Media Influencer said:

I don't care if Acevedo heard nothing about this raid until after it happened. Gaining the pay and exposure from being on the top means you are the one to answer for when things go bad. Can't take the credit without taking the blame.
Agree. Ken Lay comes to mind...
AGHouston11
AG
Ag_07 said:

Just to make sure I've got this figured out...

The incompetent Mayor Turner is calling for an investigation headed up by the incompetent DA Kim Ogg to investigate the crooked HPD officer who worked under the incompetent Chief Acevedo.

What a shlt show

Didn't realize just how bad this really is until you posted this.
Wow what a bunch of idiots!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Wait.......Black cop making up BS claims about predominantly black people/victims. Can't wait for the MSM to cover this ad nauseum! (will be holding my breath until death...)
W
AG
hodgesco said:

"I'd like to introduce you to your new mayor, Mr. Tony Buzbee"
yep, Turner was interviewed on Channel 2 tonight...and he looked & sounded scared
aggiepublius
AG
Now the FBI is now investigating, so Kim Ogg may be off the hook.

The F.B.I. has opened an investigation into the actions of Houston police officers in a deadly drug raid last month.

Quote:

The F.B.I. has opened a civil rights investigation into the actions of Houston police officers in connection with a drug raid that ended in a deadly shootout last month, the federal agency and the Houston Police Department announced on Wednesday.
In a statement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation specified that it was investigating allegations that a search warrant that was executed at the beginning of the deadly Jan. 28 raid "was based on false, fabricated information." Chief Art Acevedo has said that one of his narcotics officers, Gerald Goines, lied about using a confidential informantto justify searching the home. The chief has placed Officer Goines on administrative leave.
Chief Acevedo said in an afternoon news conference that the F.B.I.'s investigation would be "collaborative" but also "independent" of the one his department was already conducting.
Liquid Wrench
terradactylexpress said:

Elected by the members.
Breggy Popup
AG
aggiepublius said:

The F.B.I. has opened an investigation into the actions of Houston police officers in a deadly drug raid last month.

Quote:

The F.B.I. has opened a civil rights investigation into the actions of Houston police officers in connection with a drug raid that ended in a deadly shootout last month, the federal agency and the Houston Police Department announced on Wednesday.
In a statement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation specified that it was investigating allegations that a search warrant that was executed at the beginning of the deadly Jan. 28 raid "was based on false, fabricated information." Chief Art Acevedo has said that one of his narcotics officers, Gerald Goines, lied about using a confidential informantto justify searching the home. The chief has placed Officer Goines on administrative leave.
Chief Acevedo said in an afternoon news conference that the F.B.I.'s investigation would be "collaborative" but also "independent" of the one his department was already conducting.

All 42USC1983 (civil rights violation under color of law) cases are investigated by the FBI. That is federal though. There would still need to be a local investigation and prosecution for state charges.
aggiepublius
AG
I was being a bit sarcastic about the DA being off the hook since there had been a number of swipes take at her on the thread.

I know if this was a smaller jurisdiction, the Texas Rangers would have been asked to take over the investigation.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
aggiepublius said:

Quote:

Kim Ogg is the light weight's light weight
jabberwalkie09
AG
aggiepublius said:

I was being a bit sarcastic about the DA being off the hook since there had been a number of swipes take at her on the thread.

I know if this was a smaller jurisdiction, the Texas Rangers would have been asked to take over the investigation.

And they still should, large department/jurisdiction be damned. I don't see how we can necessarily trust anything that comes from Acevedo, Turner, or Ogg at this point.
Al Bula
AG
Breaking News:

HPD has released the identity of Goines' informant. I am told the informant's name is Fuzzy Dunlop.

Guitarsoup
AG
Cop that was relieved of duty has retired before being charged with a crime so he gets his pension
BQ_90
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Cop that was relieved of duty has retired before being charged with a crime so he gets his pension
Hopefully a civil suit will bleed him dry.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Can they claw back the pension or cut it off if he goes to jail?
Al Bula
AG
Is there not a law that says a cop who retires to avoid prosecution and firing can have pension withheld until litigation is over?

But yeah hoping lawsuit after lawsuit will eat up that pension.
Liquid Wrench
Don't believe internet rumors.
DVC2010
AG
Guitarsoup said:

This is not the same officer who allegedly lied about his informants. From the Chronicle:

Quote:

A Houston narcotics officer under an internal police investigation following a botched January drug raid is retiring, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

Steven O. Bryant put in his paperwork this week while under investigation following the shooting deaths of two residents in an unannounced raid of a Pecan Park residence in south Houston on Jan. 28.

Quote:

The case agent, Gerald Goines, was shot in the neck as he entered the private home, but he has also been relieved of duty after Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said the veteran officer appeared to have lied about the undercover drug buy that served as justification for the search warrant used by the squad to raid the house.

Two other narcotics officers, including a longtime partner of Goines, have quietly retired from the department in recent weeks, including one who is under investigation for an unrelated matter, according to police documents and sources. Each officer had more than 20 years experience with the department.

Marvin_Zindler
AG

That's an easy way out....for the time being.
themissinglink
AG
hodgesco said:

That's an easy way out....for the time being.
He now gets to collect a pension check until he is convicted of a crime...
buddybee
Chronicle and Chanel 11 reporting that D.A. office is finding more falsified reports by Officer Goins, estimated that 25% OF HIS WARRANTS WERE LIES. KTRH 740 reported this morning that an investigator in the shooting has been relieved of duty for Titling his report as Justifiable Homicide.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

TEXT CHRON to 77453 for breaking news alerts
LOL, just when I finally got rid of Cat Facts.
Liquid Wrench
Jackal99
AG
Damn.
AGHouston11
AG
So the come to the front door announcement was interesting.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.