Houston
Sponsored by

5 HPD Officers Shot

92,359 Views | 510 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ghost91
AGHouston11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did they no knock raid their houses for the arrests of the officers? Nope, let them turn themselves in. That was nice of them!
bigjag19
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Did they no knock raid their houses for the arrests of the officers? Nope, let them turn themselves in. That was nice of them!

I had the same thought.
Al Bula
AG
Yeah so is this legit or a dog and pony show for the DA to appear like they are doing the right thing? If this is legit it needs to result in Art f cking Acevedo's swift dismissal as well.
Boo Weekley
Dayum, murder? Will they have a good chance of getting him on this? Manslaughter would be a slam dunk, but will murder?

Won't be surprised if he walks.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to legal matters.
jpd301
AG
Charged with Felony Murder which is basically causing a death while committing some other felony.

Quote:

(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.

He lied for the search warrant - which is a felony - then caused deaths.

Gator92
AG
Shife said:

Yeah so is this legit or a dog and pony show for the DA to appear like they are doing the right thing? If this is legit it needs to result in Art f cking Acevedo's swift dismissal as well.
This case is exactly why Soros backed Ogg. You better believe that they will do everything they can to get a conviction and make a dog and pony show out of it.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

If this is legit it needs to result in Art f cking Acevedo's swift dismissal as well.
He should already be out of a job, but a new mayor is probably the only way to make that happen.
schmellba99
AG
jpd301 said:

Charged with Felony Murder which is basically causing a death while committing some other felony.

Quote:

(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.

They should add pre-meditated to the charges, because there was absolutely no way that an arrest was the planned outcome here. No way.
. . .
Paging loudmouth ******** Joe Gamaldi

Quote:

But now I want to speak on behalf of the 5,200 brave men and woman of the HPD and the other 800,000 police officers that are working these streets every single day, putting their lives on the line. We are sick and tired of having targets on our back. We are sick and tired of having dirt-bags trying to take our lives when all we're trying to do is protect this community & our families. Enough is enough. And if you're the ones out there spreading the rhetoric that police officers are the enemy, just know we've all got your number now. We're gonna be keeping track of all of y'all and make sure we hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our police officers. We've had enough folks. We're out there doing our job every day putting our lives on the line for our families. Enough is enough. Now please keep these officers in your prayers.
Chewy
AG
Not that it matters as he's DEFINITELY taking the 5th but can Goines speak? Was thinking he couldn't speak.

I think the CI is the key here. If they can get her to talk from a deal then I think Goines doesn't stand a chance.

Also, reading those words from Grimaldi makes me frustrated as hell. Would love some to do a one on one interview with him while reading that exact statement and then ask how he feels and if he feels he spoke in error that evening.

Innocent people died at the hands of dirty cops and he was calling out people "stirring the pot." Unreal.
jpd301
AG
Chewy said:

I think the CI is the key here. If they can get her to talk from a deal then I think Goines doesn't stand a chance.
There was no CI according to the DA.

Sorry non twitter folks but I haven't seen a summary of the DA's press conference other than a reporter's tweets that I list below.

Straight out of Training Day...

MAS444
AG
I'm glad Mike Doyle is involved on behalf of the family. He's excellent.
Breggy Popup
AG
schmellba99 said:

jpd301 said:

Quote:

They should add pre-meditated to the charges, because there was absolutely no way that an arrest was the planned outcome here. No way.
Same statute, first degree felony either way. This is easier to convict on.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Chief is trying to spin that the HPD is the victim. Unreal.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Outlaw0206
AG
Yep, he's mad the media isn't giving any credit to his department for the investigation. GTFO! There wouldn't be an investigation unless the DA came after your ass. All you are doing is trying to save your job and your ass at this point.
Al Bula
AG
Disgusting crooked MFer
. . .
Chewy
AG
It took your department over 6 months to investigate something internal that seemed REALLY obvious. You want credit for that? Really?

Show some remorse for the innocent your department killed. YOUR department.
Guitarsoup
AG

**** that guy. That's not what this showed. There was heroin in the cop's car and it took 7 months to arrest him?

Anyone else in Houston would be in cuffs in the hospital.
Jackal99
AG
My son's kindergarten class took a field trip to the police academy this past year. He said they met one policeman, and he got his autograph in the little pamphlet they passed out. I looked through it, and it was Art Acevedo (he just printed his name). I asked my son if he remembered his name. He said, "Art Avocado, somebody like that." Seems like that's the amount of leadership HPD has.
abacavir
liberals ruining Houston
Gator92
AG
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Gerald-Goines-ex-cop-at-center-of-Harding-Street-14848925.php?cmpid=trend
jpd301
AG
6 former HPD officers charged with 15 felonies linked to deadly botched raid

Quote:

A total of 15 new criminal felony charges have been filed by the Harris County District Attorney's Office in the ongoing investigation of a botched raid on Harding Street that killed a Houston couple.

Allegations include using false information to get judges to sign search warrants, falsifying time sheets, putting false information in offense reports, and falsifying government documents to steal, prosecutors have determined.

Al Bula
AG
Dang they must be passing around noods of Kim Ogg (gross!) for her to go after them so hard.
Bigballin
AG
Any chance that Assevedo resigns over this? He clearly is worried about politics and not the police department if **** like this can happen.

I'm all in support of the police departments and our officers but everyone should be in fear if the corrupt eyes of justice set their focus on you.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Bigballin said:

Any chance that Assevedo resigns over this? He clearly is worried about politics and not the police department if **** like this can happen.

I'm all in support of the police departments and our officers but everyone should be in fear if the corrupt eyes of justice set their focus on you.
I'm no fan of his... But this was going on probably long before he arrived. Heads should definitely roll, in my opinion, where folks allowed this to fester, but my guess it stops below the chief's office. Some of those supervisors may have already been fired.
Quote:

"Goines and others could never have preyed on our community the way they did without the participation of their supervisors; every check and balance in place to stop this type of behavior was circumvented," Ogg said. "This was graft and greed at every step in the process, and prosecutors are making their way through the evidence one incident at a time."
AGHouston11
AG
He's only worried about "My people".
So he doesn't care about this couple.

This was never mentioned in ALL of the speeches here in Houston during the Floyd funeral.

Same Mayor, Same Police Chief

BBRex
AG
First, what would he have said? "See, we kill white people, too?" That isn't going to make anyone happy. Besides, we were one of the few cities that didn't burn or loot or riot. I think that says a lot about Houston, but at least the Chief was smart enough not to screw it up.
bluefire579
AG
AGHouston11 said:

He's only worried about "My people".
So he doesn't care about this couple.

This was never mentioned in ALL of the speeches here in Houston during the Floyd funeral.

Same Mayor, Same Police Chief

I mean, based on the news that came out, they were clearly going through the legal process, so it's not like nothing was happening. What's happening to these guys is exactly what people want, which is accountability for misconduct. I'm not sure what more you want from him in this situation...

I personally will take action over empty words any day of the week
n_touch
Quote:

A total of 15 new criminal felony charges have been filed by the Harris County District Attorney's Office in the ongoing investigation of a botched raid on Harding Street that killed a Houston couple.

Allegations include using false information to get judges to sign search warrants, falsifying time sheets, putting false information in offense reports, and falsifying government documents to steal, prosecutors have determined.

I would bet this is not the only case that could lead to evidence like this or the last. This is one of the reasons people distrust the system.
jpd301
AG
'An operation completely out of control': Damning HPD narcotics audit reveals hundreds of errors

Some snippets
Quote:

The document which the Houston Police Department released in a post on Twitter after a series of stories in the Chronicle about the department's lack of transparency and after District Attorney Kim Ogg announced new charges against six former police officers tied to the Harding Street raid is the widest internal examination, to date, of problems within the police department's embattled narcotics division

Most of the information authorities have released previously centered on misconduct by Goines and Bryant, but auditors took a wider approach in their review. They examined three years of casework of the two former Squad 15 officers, and probed casework of approximately 70 other undercover officers in squads 9, 10, 14 and 15. There are approximately 175 officers in the Narcotics Division.

They also found hundreds of "administrative" errors, including unauthorized informant payments; sloppy investigations; cases without tactical plans or with missing documentation. They found dozens of cases which supervisors did not appear to have reviewed, and others where officers submitted evidence late, or failed to fill out basic offense reports properly, as well as discrepancies in warrants, evidence and expenses.

The audit also found "overwhelmingly" the need to improve administrative procedures, specifically, supervisory review of case files and case tracking. About 25 percent of the time, supervisors failed to sign case file review sheets, and auditors found many cases were turned in six months to a year late -- far longer than the 10 working days allotted by policy.

Auditors then looked at the other members of Squad 14 and Squad 15, the two general enforcement squads covering south Houston. The review of 173 cases found 306 errors. The most common problem they discovered was that officers failed to include a case review sheet with their investigative packets, but they also found incomplete offense reports, discrepancies in evidence, expenses and warrants, and sloppily conducted investigations.

Auditors looked at 77 cases from Squad 14. They found the widest problems were missing case review sheets. The second worst problem was Thoroughness of Investigation.
When auditors looked at the rest of Goines' squad, they examined 57 cases (separate from their review of Goines/Bryant's cases) and found discrepancies in evidence, expenses, missing case review sheets and other problems.

Auditors found many similar errors with the casework of the officers who worked in the two squads handling drug enforcement on the north side of the city, Squads 9 and 10. The document shows that auditors reviewed 252 cases and found more than 400 errors.
Auditors also found that almost 40 percent of the time, case agents "failed to document pertinent details in the offense report, such as who was present, location of the evidence, and other information that would aid the prosecution."

BBRex
AG
Six officers, 17 felony charges.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/crime/six-former-hpd-officers-indicted-for-17-felonies-after-investigation-into-narcotics-division/285-ff7b5af3-53dd-4fd6-910f-981874701765
Ag_07
AG
How has Art survived this?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Who is currently the worst?
Fart Acevedo
Dora the Explorer
Sly Turner
Kim Ogg

God Bless Galveston county!
MAROON
AG
Liquid Wrench said:

Quote:

If this is legit it needs to result in Art f cking Acevedo's swift dismissal as well.
He should already be out of a job, but a new mayor is probably the only way to make that happen.%A0
pretty sure he will be out of the police department,%A0BECAUSE HE WILL BE our next mayor

Sad but true.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.