Houston
Sponsored by

5 HPD Officers Shot

94,720 Views | 510 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ghost91
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It has been forever, but I thought there was a scene where they staged a raid to kill another cop.

No way were they staging a raid on that couple in that ****hole to make money or shake them down.

More likely they picked up some heroin from someone they shook down, and planned to plant that on this old couple in this run down **** hole house to get arrests and maybe an award.

So they took the money and drugs off a dealer, split the money. Clocked in and pretended to work for a week and they found a skinny old couple in a bad neighborhood that keeps to themselves. Randomly decide to set them up to get an arrest with the heroin. Fake the CI/investigation, lie on the warrant, set up the no-knock but the old boy doesn't go down without a fight, unlike how most go down.

I don't think there necessarily was a reason to get them. Maybe they did hear the complaint that someone was selling out of that house, but I suspect that was set up as well.
Liquid Wrench
Wasn't the original story that her mother called to complain to get her daughter in trouble for messing with drugs?

Could also have been their dealer who gave them up in a swap, if we're making up our own theories.
Guitarsoup
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Wasn't the original story that her mother called to complain to get her daughter in trouble for messing with drugs?

Could also have been their dealer who gave them up in a swap, if we're making up our own theories.
A mother said she was doing drugs in the house. Seems unlikely now.

I don't think cops usually swap downstream. A dealer giving up small time users? Cops aren't gonna GAF. Dealers giving up their suppliers? Sure.

The cops had bags of heroin in their car that they planned on planting. That says to me they knew they weren't going to find anything inside, so they needed something to plant after the fact.
f burg ag
AG
Chewy said:

I've heard a suspicion that Goines was banging the CI in question and the CI had a beef with the lady that lived in the house so they devised this raid to get back at her. Why the beef I don't know.

If it's true it makes the most sense even if it doesn't make it right. 2 innocent people are dead. The dirty cop(s) and the CI need justice.

This thing never passed the smell test once facts started coming out. The Union Chief looks like a damn fool for his grandstanding the night it happened.
I am starting to believe it is something like this....a personnel vendetta. I don't think the couple was ever going to make it out alive.
IrishTxAggie
AG
f burg ag said:

Chewy said:

I've heard a suspicion that Goines was banging the CI in question and the CI had a beef with the lady that lived in the house so they devised this raid to get back at her. Why the beef I don't know.

If it's true it makes the most sense even if it doesn't make it right. 2 innocent people are dead. The dirty cop(s) and the CI need justice.

This thing never passed the smell test once facts started coming out. The Union Chief looks like a damn fool for his grandstanding the night it happened.
I am starting to believe it is something like this....a personnel vendetta. I don't think the couple was ever going to make it out alive.
Wasn't there a rumor about the "CI" having a gripe with these people or that the dirty cop was banging the "CI" or some crap like that.
f burg ag
AG
Yep, I think that is the rumor Chewy alluded to here.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Wasn't there a rumor about the "CI" having a gripe with these people or that the dirty cop was banging the "CI" or some crap like that.
Yeah, that's another possibility. In my entirely made up hypothetical, I was fictionalizing along the lines of the victims owing the CI money or something, so the CI/dealer gives Goynes an "easy" bust but it goes wrong. And I think we know they had to have had a dealer, so there's a potential X factor out there.

Whatever the case, the heroin in the truck means the cops were going to find something whether they found anything or not.
schmellba99
AG
Chewy said:

I really don't think so. The night it happened everybody was operating on emotions and without the benefit of facts - the story was 5 officers were shot during a drug raid on a heroin dealer in a sketchy part of town. Not many folks were chirping that everything was a dirty setup by the cops at that time.

For the most part, he's been pretty quiet about this since then and hasn't gone out of his way to try to defend the LEO's or anything of that nature (that i'm aware of in my passive following of this story).
WES2006AG
AG
schmellba99 said:

For the most part, he's been pretty quiet about this since
That is because he looked like a fool. He understands that he looks like an idiot for grandstanding without any facts and being wrong about literally everything he said.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
schmellba99 said:

Chewy said:

I really don't think so. The night it happened everybody was operating on emotions and without the benefit of facts - the story was 5 officers were shot during a drug raid on a heroin dealer in a sketchy part of town. Not many folks were chirping that everything was a dirty setup by the cops at that time.

For the most part, he's been pretty quiet about this since then and hasn't gone out of his way to try to defend the LEO's or anything of that nature (that i'm aware of in my passive following of this story).
Of all the people operating without the benefit of facts that night, he was at the front of the line. Instead of saying "we'll withhold comment while the investigation proceeds, until then our thoughts and prayers are with the officers and their families", he went all in with the anti-cop rhetoric. Talk about pulling the trigger without aiming.
Guitarsoup
AG
Are you guys really expecting a Union President to find out five of his guys have been shot and say "Yeah, they may die, but you gotta hear both sides"
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Are you guys really expecting a Union President to find out five of his guys have been shot and say "Yeah, they may die, but you gotta hear both sides"
No one is saying that. Going all in with his anti-cop rhetoric and trying to turn it into something it wasn't without having all the facts is the issue. It was unnecessarily inflammatory at that moment. Further discovery of the facts has made it even more so.
Liquid Wrench
Guitarsoup said:

I would say there was absolutely zero reason for the union president to be a part of that press conference at all.

It only should have been an informational briefing from the chief, and it wasn't even that.
schmellba99
AG
WES2006AG said:

schmellba99 said:

For the most part, he's been pretty quiet about this since
That is because he looked like a fool. He understands that he looks like an idiot for grandstanding without any facts and being wrong about literally everything he said.
A fool would have been like most other union presidents and doubled down on his statements. He hasn't, that I'm aware of. If memory serves, when this sht started being uncovered, he made a comment along the lines of bad cops get prosecuted just like criminals (or something like that anyway), and has kind of left everything alone since then to allow the investigation to take place and let the chips fall.

Guess we just see things differently - I don't blame him for the emotional response in the heat of the moment, and his not continuing to try to hold an indefensible position after is pretty stark compared to what generally happens.
Guitarsoup
AG
He wasn't in Art's press conference, he was just outside Hermann hospital.

I guarantee you even with that outburst HPD would rather him speak for them than Everytown for Gun Control Board Member Art Assvedo.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The statement "we're sick and tired of having targets on our back" hasn't exactly died quietly. It's plastered across a billboard on the east side of I-45 just south of BW8
Texan_Aggie
AG
schmellba99 said:

Chewy said:

Generally leaders shouldn't operate on emotion and/or without the benefit of facts...
Guitarsoup
AG
He's throwing bombs at the DA's office.

IrishTxAggie
AG
He is not wrong. Ogg and every ADA I've met that she's hired is a liberal hack more interested in the "social injustices" than actually prosecuting and abiding by the law.
Post removed:
by user
Guitarsoup
AG
third coast.. said:

Where TF do you go that you meet ADAs?

Presumably county jail.
IrishTxAggie
AG
third coast.. said:

Just chance that I've ended up on a date with a few of them after matching on Bumble. I understand why they're on there; They're insufferable beeotches!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

third coast.. said:

Presumably county jail.

Nope. Never been arrested. 'Knock on wood'....taps crotch
Liquid Wrench
Guitarsoup said:

He wasn't in Art's press conference, he was just outside Hermann hospital.
When Joe went on his rant about cops being sick and tired of having targets on their backs, Acevedo literally introduced and stepped out of the way to let Joe speak.
Liquid Wrench
Regarding Ogg, she's in a weird place right now. If you think she's too liberal, just think about who the Democrat members of commissioners court might get to run against her in the Dem primary.
Post removed:
by user
buddybee
HPD is out of control. All in the chain of command need to be in a prison cell along with those involved in the murder of two innocent citizens one of which was a disabled vet. This is nothing but a cover up. Are the citizens of Houston living in a third world nation.
AGHouston11
AG
So what has actually happened?
The people involved still getting paid?
Didn't one retire early to cash out?
schmellba99
AG
Are the Rangers in charge of the investigation on this? Because there is no way HPD should be investigating themselves in this Charlie Foxtrot of a situation.
OCEN99
AG
Quote:

Didn't one retire early to cash out?

Looks like at least 4 have retired in the aftermath.
SockDePot
schmellba99 said:

Are the Rangers in charge of the investigation on this? Because there is no way HPD should be investigating themselves in this Charlie Foxtrot of a situation.

Testimony was heard by a federal grand jury this week
Chewy
AG
Two innocent people died at the hands of corrupt HPD officers and nobody wants to own it.

You would think Acevedo would have some serious guilt over this but his potential political career means too much I suppose.
Jack Klompus
AG
Former HPD officer Gerald Goines charged with murder in botched Harding Street raid

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/ogg-schedules-news-conference-to-discuss-high-public-interest-case
bigjag19
AG
They better not botch this.
Breggy Popup
AG
Jack Klompus said:

Former HPD officer Gerald Goines charged with murder in botched Harding Street raid

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/ogg-schedules-news-conference-to-discuss-high-public-interest-case
Quote:

Ogg said both Goines and Bryant have until 3 p.m. to turn themselves in to authorities.
Odds that he offs himself?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.