Houston
Sponsored by

5 HPD Officers Shot

94,704 Views | 510 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ghost91
sangredevino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Your right. Lots of angles to be played. Unfortunately imo mental health is one topic that never gets mentioned when guns are used. I don't know if it applies in this instance.
Tone2002
The narrative in this situation is interesting but I expected it once the suspects identies were released.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Quote:

Undercover agents had bought heroin from the suspects on multiple occasions.
Where has this been reported? Only been on Ch2 website so haven't seen it. These people had a clean record so I'm assuming this is the reason for the raid?
jabberwalkie09
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Quote:

Where has this been reported? Only been on Ch2 website so haven't seen it. These people had a clean record so I'm assuming this is the reason for the raid?

Pretty sure Acevedo said it in one of the press conferences.
Seaaggie1144
This was NOT a no knock raid. They announced their presence and turned on sirens while entering the house.
BBRex
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/-they-re-far-from-drug-dealers-neighbors-upset-after-deadly-hpd-shootout?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=kprc2
IDAGG
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Quote:

Quote:

The chaos on the tree-lined Harding Street began about 5 p.m., Acevedo said, when a dozen narcotics officers backed by a squad of uniformed patrol officers descended on the Pecan Park home to serve the search warrant. Narcotics officers had developed a case against the dealers suspected of selling black tar heroin after making several undercover buys, according to law enforcement sources.
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/HPD-responding-to-report-of-several-officers-shot-13568491.php
Tom Hagen
AG
Why didn't they find any black tar heroin? It seems like the only drugs that they found in the home were for personal use.
tylercsbn9
AG
Something is extremely off with this story
aTm2004
AG
NYPD rant about a sentence to a perp. Looks like officers are tired of the BS. Good for them.

aggiedent
AG
Quote:

This was NOT a no knock raid. They announced their presence and turned on sirens while entering the house.

And immediately fired the first gun shot into the house (at the family dog).

I don't know about you, but if someone claiming to be the police busts in my door and immediately starts shooting, I really think I'd go into defensive mode myself.

The whole story is just not adding up. I think something is way off base.
htxag09
AG
The problem is, just like every other topic, it seems there is no middle ground. You either hate cops and "put a target on their back" or blindly accept everything they do....

I can disagree with how this went down, or with other police issues in America but still support cops and respect the hell out of them for what they do.

IMO, it doesn't matter what side of the fence you're on, you have to look at this incident as a failure and learning experience. Doesn't matter if the police were 100% in the right and these suspects were 100% in the wrong. What could have been done differently to prevent 5 cops from being injured and two suspects killed? Not sure what to tell you if you don't think that's a valid question.....
98Ag99Grad
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Something is extremely off with this story
Yeah some things are not adding-up. No heroin found, no priors, neighbors speaking out refuting police accounts. No body cams either. Just a bad situation all around.
ccolley68
AG
Sounds like the Snell's from Ozark. Seemingly sweet little old couple, nothing in their house but sweet tea and sunrise walks. But they'd go out in a blaze of glory.
IDAGG
AG
aggiedent said:

Quote:

And immediately fired the first gun shot into the house (at the Pitbull that attacked him).

I don't know about you, but if someone claiming to be the police busts in my door and immediately starts shooting, I really think I'd go into defensive mode myself.

The whole story is just not adding up. I think something is way off base.
FIFY
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

Controversy is swirling after emotional comments from Houston Police Officers Union president Joe Gamaldi following a shooting that left four officers injured.

Black Lives Matter Houston activists Ashton P. Woods and Shere Dore addressed Gamaldi's comments during a Houston City Council meeting on Tuesday and said they felt targeted by his comments.

Woods and Dore discuss their dispute with Gamaldi and Houston City Council with Isiah Carey.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/isiah-factor-uncensored/activists-say-police-union-president-threatened-them
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Faux controversy
MAROON
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Faux controversy
so they consider themselves "dirtbags"?

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

(at the Pitbull that attacked him).

at the Pitbull that ran towards him.

FIFY

Isn't that what you want your dog to do if someone is breaking in your home?

Anyways, it still doesn't change the fact that in similar circumstances I would be in fear of my life and probably start shooting back myself.

AgLA06
AG
htxag09 said:

The problem is, just like every other topic, it seems there is no middle ground. You either hate cops and "put a target on their back" or blindly accept everything they do....

I can disagree with how this went down, or with other police issues in America but still support cops and respect the hell out of them for what they do.

IMO, it doesn't matter what side of the fence you're on, you have to look at this incident as a failure and learning experience. Doesn't matter if the police were 100% in the right and these suspects were 100% in the wrong. What could have been done differently to prevent 5 cops from being injured and two suspects killed? Not sure what to tell you if you don't think that's a valid question.....

Most of this thread has been pretty rational. Your posts is pretty hypocritical as well. I back the blue as much as anyone, but the perception on this so far isn't great. And HPD hasn't done anything yet to correct that perception.

If anything several officers were shot and a court case was made a lot more muddy by the errors that appear to have been made. That's not a great use of tax funds.

No body cams on a drug warrant where they expect to collect evidence to be used in a court case? A large number of officers at the site, but it sounds like only one or two entered in the beginning while the rest waited outside? Why wasn't SWAT making the raid? Isn't that their job? Pit bulls aren't easy to hide. They didn't know he was there if they had already made undercover purchases?

You can back the blue and question the mismanagement that allowed 5 officers to almost be killed by making a risky operation worse. I imagine some of those officers might be thinking the same thing right now.
htownag10
AG
Just going to leave this here

Guess I missed this was already posted
Ag_07
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

Controversy is swirling after emotional comments from Houston Police Officers Union president Joe Gamaldi following a shooting that left four officers injured.

Black Lives Matter Houston activists Ashton P. Woods and Shere Dore addressed Gamaldi's comments during a Houston City Council meeting on Tuesday and said they felt targeted by his comments.

Woods and Dore discuss their dispute with Gamaldi and Houston City Council with Isiah Carey.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/isiah-factor-uncensored/activists-say-police-union-president-threatened-them

I knew his comments wouldn't sit well when he was up on the podium. Not saying I agree that BLM was the target of his comments, but I could tell he was going to rub someone the wrong way.

And I think he was completely wrong. These officers weren't targeted. They ran into a worst case scenario of a situation they train for and are fully aware of when they take the job and suit up every morning. I thought he used his 15 secs to push a narrative that just doesn't exist in this situation. He wanted controversy and now he's got it.

Again I don't think it has anything to do with BLM but I also don't think it has anything to do with this particular situation.

aTm2004
AG
htownag10 said:

Just going to leave this here
Something tells me those activists there have been there *****ing before.
I Am A Critic
Ag_07 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

I knew his comments wouldn't sit well when he was up on the podium. Not saying I agree that BLM was the target of his comments, but I could tell he was going to rub someone the wrong way.

And I think he was completely wrong. These officers weren't targeted. They ran into a worst case scenario of a situation they train for and are fully aware of when they take the job and suit up every morning. I thought he used his 15 secs to push a narrative that just doesn't exist in this situation. He wanted controversy and now he's got it.

Again I don't think it has anything to do with BLM but I also don't think it has anything to do with this particular situation.

Joe does a lot of good work but he's also got a big mouth at times.
htxag09
AG
I agree, most of this thread has been rational. However, this thread isn't necessarily a reflection of other conversations being had.

Also, not sure how my post is hypocritical?

Other than that, seems we are actually saying pretty similar things.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
htxag09 said:

While watching the channel 2 coverage last night, Bill said multiple times that because of the situation this had to be a semi-auto gun. Then said it had to be a semi-auto long rifle. He said it was impossible to do this type of damage with anything else. Cops are too smart to that (his words).

I just don't understand why people feel like they have to insert their opinions on every news peace. Just report the facts, we don't need you to fill airtime with your thoughts or conclusions.
Yeah, I heard that too. IIRC, he said the cops were too smart to get bunched up to where that many could be shot with anything other than a semi-automatic and most likely a long gun.

I wonder what he said after finding out that it was a revolver?
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
aTm2004
AG
HumbleAg said:

htxag09 said:

While watching the channel 2 coverage last night, Bill said multiple times that because of the situation this had to be a semi-auto gun. Then said it had to be a semi-auto long rifle. He said it was impossible to do this type of damage with anything else. Cops are too smart to that (his words).

I just don't understand why people feel like they have to insert their opinions on every news peace. Just report the facts, we don't need you to fill airtime with your thoughts or conclusions.
Yeah, I heard that too. IIRC, he said the cops were too smart to get bunched up to where that many could be shot with anything other than a semi-automatic and most likely a long gun.

I wonder what he said after finding out that it was a revolver?

<crickets>
Boo Weekley
Ag_07 said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

I agree with a lot of his sentiment...it was just ill-timed and way out of place given the particular events that unfolded. He had probably decided long ago that if he ever gets camera time, he is going to go off on his rant.
Boo Weekley
From the Pol board...prob not the case...but what if...

Quote:

From comments: 7815 Harding St was the house the raided......Now go check out 7815 Hardy St. Think they might have gone to the wrong house? Maybe so? Maybe no but maybe....
7815 Hardy st

7815 Harding st

First house definitely has more of a "trap house" look to it, but who knows. There is almost no way this happened imo and it would be one of the most colossal police f-ups we have ever seen...but if something like this were to ever happen...talk about a natural embarrassment.
aTm2004
AG
There's no way they can screw up that bad. Hardy is on the north side of downtown while Harding is on the SE side near Hobby. Yeah, both are in pretty chitty areas, but I just can't buy that.
Boo Weekley
aTm2004 said:

There's no way they can screw up that bad. Hardy is on the north side of downtown while Harding is on the SE side near Hobby. Yeah, both are in pretty chitty areas, but I just can't buy that.
True...I knew a girl who once took I-10 all the way to San Antonio (forgot to exit for 71 in Columbus) thinking she was arriving in Austin before she realized she was in the wrong city. Maybe she could F up this bad, but hard to believe an entire operation run by men could go bad bc of such a brainless f up.
JayAggie
AG
Let's all be honest for a moment.

• FACT: A neighbor called in to complain about this location
  • FACT: undercover bought heroin from location
  • FACT: Officers announced who they were, sirens were on (noise and lights)

OPINION: I'll admit when suspects were shown I was surprised they were white because of the location. If this had happened on Hardy St, wouldn't have surprised me, but you don't see too many white people near Harding St. I think this is why people are "confused" by the events for a lack of a better term.

OPINION: You don't generally see neighbors defending the suspects in the manor of which they are, you also don't see family apologizing to cops that killed their relatives. All makes the situation more intriguing.
Boo Weekley
Again, almost no way they effed up this badly...just sharing what's posted on other board...kind of interesting...

7815 Harding: Raid location with closeup of bullet holes

7815 Hardy: showing high tech cameras on a crap old house

Will be keeping an eye on this...but still seems very far fetched than even the worst keystone cops could be a part of such a blunder.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Again, almost no way they effed up this badly...just sharing what's posted on other board...kind of interesting...

Will be keeping an eye on this...but still seems very far fetched than even the worst keystone cops could be a part of such a blunder.

Some people in this world have way too much time on their hands.
Boo Weekley
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Boo Weekley said:

Some people in this world have way too much time on their hands.
I think this is this guy's "deal". He tries to go around and report the "real news" behind the scenes and bust people in rackets as well as law enforcement.

That being said...these are interesting videos imo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.