Houston
Sponsored by

5 HPD Officers Shot

94,708 Views | 510 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ghost91
Gordon McKernan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kenneth_2003 said:

2) As for the officers announcing with lights and sirens outside. Channel 2 showed an eyewitnesses cell phone video. This was shot by the woman reported to be on her way home from the gym and that had a wounded officer in her personal car until medics arrived on scene. In the video she makes comments to the effect of "omg there's an officer down" and THEN you hear sirens wailing. That outside queue up of lights and sirens was most certainly AFTER they busted in the door!
Where can one view this video now?
lexofer
AG
This sounds like it.

https://abc13.com/snapchat-video-shows-police-rush-in-to-help-injured-officers/5110610/
Mr.Ackar07
Maybe the couple had evidence implicating Hillary Clinton in the email scandal and were about to come forward.
Gator92
AG
Guess Art reads TexAgs...

https://abc13.com/hpd-chief-acevedo-addresses-conspiracy-theorists/5114859/
AGHouston11
AG
Gator92 said:

Guess Art reads TexAgs...

https://abc13.com/hpd-chief-acevedo-addresses-conspiracy-theorists/5114859/

That didn't say much.
The investigation into the actual raid will take a long time they say.
I Am A Critic
https://www.chron.com/houston/article/Powder-found-in-police-raid-identified-13578839.php?cmpid=hpctp

A few more details here that I hadn't heard of. It sounds like Tuttle exited the residence and engaged the officers.
MAROON
AG
I Am A Critic said:

https://www.chron.com/houston/article/Powder-found-in-police-raid-identified-13578839.php?cmpid=hpctp

A few more details here that I hadn't heard of. It sounds like Tuttle exited the residence and engaged the officers.
I think that is just a poorly worded article. Doesn't jive with anything that was previously reported.....re: exiting the house.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
I Am A Critic
MAROON said:

I Am A Critic said:

I think that is just a poorly worded article. Doesn't jive with anything that was previously reported.....re: exiting the house.
Lots of what's been previously reported has already been debunked too. This is just another twist.
MAROON
AG
I'm gonna go with poorly written article. Journalism is basically dead today.
jh0400
AG
https://www.khou.com/article/news/investigations/exclusive-veteran-hpd-officer-connected-to-deadly-drug-raid-relieved-of-duty/285-df20d31b-0fb6-4daf-8083-8cc37ea24d06
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
jh0400 said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/investigations/exclusive-veteran-hpd-officer-connected-to-deadly-drug-raid-relieved-of-duty/285-df20d31b-0fb6-4daf-8083-8cc37ea24d06
Looks like we've got a scapegoat...
MAROON
AG
could be just basic departmental rules, but I'm not sure.

this thing continues to look really bad for HPD. Art might want to get his butt back from DC and stop playing politics and start plugging holes in the dike.
Jackal99
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
MAROON said:

this thing continues to look really bad for HPD. Art might want to get his butt back from DC and stop playing politics and start plugging holes in the dike.
Art and Parker are a thing now?
BQ_90
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

MAROON said:

The internet has been won for today.
Liquid Wrench
Boo Weekley
Milwaukees Best Light said:

MAROON said:

This is primarily why I Texags.
W
AG
after seeing him on TV today...gotta say the assistant chief Troy Finner comes across as so much more likable than Art
IrishTxAggie
AG
W said:

after seeing him on TV today...gotta say the assistant chief Troy Finner comes across as so much more likable than Art

A broom stick at a podium is more likable than Art.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
So zero evidence of any heroin found at this HUGE heroin dealer's residence. Interesting ...very interesting
PSully97
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Acevedo leaving the scene apparently.

Quote:

Please stay clear of the area

That's pretty solid advice 24/7/365.
trip
AG
I can tell you the raised house matches the house address on the warrant so if there was a mistake it was on the informant side and not the department.
BMX Bandit
trip said:

I can tell you the raised house matches the house address on the warrant
This was known 2 weeks ago. Nice work Chief Wiggum
Caliber
AG
This would seem to change the narrative quite a bit, based on the previously known "facts"...

Quote:

A 911 call from the mother of now-deceased suspect Rhogena Nicholas put 7815 Harding Street on police radar. Sources close to the investigation say her mother called reporting the 58-year-old was doing drugs inside her own home.
https://abc13.com/what-was-found-in-home-after-deadly-drug-raid-hpd-warrant/5127653/

Yeah, definitely drug kingpins that were so dangerous that they needed to do a no knock raid.
Diggity
AG
definitely looks like they were way too aggressive in how they chose to serve the warrant in this case.

Furthermore...any competent police officer would have at least planted some H on the scene "just in case"
AGHouston11
AG
So now they didn't even find a pistol at all!

Unreliable informant?

You think? Because you think he would have let them know they have a pit bull.

Had the dog not attacked and been shot causing the shootout to take place it wouid have been over and other than minor possession case closed.

You have to wonder how many other times this "unreliable" informant was used. Or if the informant was actually used.

Not looking good but hopefully it's not as it seems.
BigPuma
AG
Other than the revolver (which is a handgun) used to shoot the cops.
Robert C. Christian
AG
According to the court documents, police recovered four guns, about 18 grams of marijuana and about 1.5 grams of cocaine.

The weapons included a Beretta shotgun, a Winchester rifle and a Remington shotgun and rifle, according to the report.

"The problem with that is there were four weapons seized, two were shotguns, two were rifles, which cannot be mistaken for a 9mm handgun," Zuniga said. Police have said Tuttle used a .357 caliber revolver.
BMX Bandit
BigPuma said:

Other than the revolver (which is a pistol) used to shoot the cops.

Why didn't the revolver get listed on the inventory? It evaporate?
I Am A Critic
AGHouston11 said:

Unreliable informant?

Had the dog not attacked and been shot causing the shootout to take place it wouid have been over and other than minor possession case closed.

You have to wonder how many other times this "unreliable" informant was used. Or if the informant was actually used.

So you know for a fact that the informant saw the pit bull?
lexofer
AG
I Am A Critic said:

AGHouston11 said:

Unreliable informant?

At this point I think there likely wasn't even an informant. Just a completely fabricated warrant due to laziness and apathy.

Now that it was shown that there was no neighbor report that drugs were being dealt out of the house almost all of the original information from HPD has been incorrect.
AGHouston11
AG
I Am A Critic said:

AGHouston11 said:

Unreliable informant?

No but the warrant was very specific- he was able to identify a 9mm semi automatic handgun.

I find it hard to believe a person went into that small of a wood frame house as a stranger and didn't know they had a large dog.

But as just posted I think it's starting to look like there wasn't an informant or they didn't go there.

Bondag
AG
If there was an informant he probably got the address wrong. I know informants are typically upstanding and eloquent individuals, but there is a change he could mis-pronounce hardy vs. harding.
Your Friend
BigPuma said:

Other than the revolver (which is a pistol) used to shoot the cops.

Revolver =/= pistol
. . .
Quote:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/channel-2-investigates-major-questions-raised-about-raid-turned-shootout-after-warrant-reviewed

The story from Houston Police Department narcotics officers surrounding a drug raid-turned-shootout that left five officers injured and two people dead doesn't add up, according to a warrant reviewed by Channel 2 Investigates on Friday.

In the legal documents obtained by Channel 2 Investigates, a sergeant stated that he along with his partner were unable to track down any confidential informants involved in a drug buy at the home of 58-year-old Rhogena Nicholas and 59-year-old Dennis Tuttle. Both were killed in the shooting that also resulted in the shooting of four HPD officers.

In the warrant, the sergeant went on to say Officer Gerald Goines of HPD's Narcotics Division provided officers, including Lt. Marsha Todd, a high-ranking narcotics division supervisor, two different names of confidential informants. The warrant stated the two officers, "interviewed all of the confidential informants and all denied making a buy for Goines from the Harding Street residence, and ever purchasing narcotics from Nicholas or Tuttle."

Channel 2 Investigates is still digging through the new records and will continue to update this breaking story throughout the day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.