Houston
Sponsored by

5 HPD Officers Shot

94,711 Views | 510 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ghost91
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No offense, but if you know of something that's being kept quiet for a good reason, it probably doesn't need to be posted here.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
As usual, the media sucks. One reporter found out the name of one of the narxorics officers and showed up at the officers house. What an *******
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

It's bad. I have friends in law enforcement and they're not stating anything publicly until family can be notified. Draw your own conclusions.

Acevedo said at the press conference that none of the officers have passed. Unless your sources are closer to this than what's being publicly told.
WES2006AG
AG
brs4688 said:

As usual, the media sucks. One reporter found out the name of one of the narxorics officers and showed up at the officers house. What an *******
Morons
aTm2004
AG
Who is the pencil neck dude at the press conference? He just hit it out of the park!
Bazooka Joe
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

No offense, but if you know of something that's being kept quiet for a good reason, it probably doesn't need to be posted here.

Just trying to move this away from politics and back to where our attention belongs...on the injured police officers.
“The problem with the internet is that one can never trust the accuracy of a quote.” – Abraham Lincoln
AgZ12
AG
aTm2004 said:

Who is the pencil neck dude at the press conference? He just hit it out of the park!

Head of the Houston police officers union
spadilly
S
aTm2004 said:

HPOU President Joe Gamaldi.
He was on fire.
sts7049
AG
being shot in the face is pretty bad as it is
Boo Weekley
spadilly said:

aTm2004 said:

HPOU President Joe Gamaldi.
He was on fire.

Brief synopsis?
Betoisafurry
Or link?
Anti-taxxer
AG
Turner rambling incoherently. Thanking everyone under the sun. Even Tillman Fertita got a shout-out.
GarryowenAg
AG
Metroplex guy here. I really hope the rumors aren't true about losing an officer. I'll continue to stalk this thread. Keep the updates coming.
aTm2004
AG
Looking for video

Anti-taxxer
AG
SpiDer09 said:

Metroplex guy here. I really hope the rumors aren't true about losing an officer. I'll continue to stalk this thread. Keep the updates coming.

No officers dead.
jabberwalkie09
AG
sts7049 said:

being shot in the face is pretty bad as it is

Never said it wasn't bad, but the implication by withholding comment is that it's worse than initially reported, as in someone passed. Acevedo was quite adamant that none of the officers had passed.
Betoisafurry

Rep starts talking around 14 min
. . .
AustinCountyAg
T&P to the officers and their familys.

With that said watching that press conference it was very obvious Turner and Art were throwing very subtle jabs at the fire department trying to showcase how the police officers are understaffed and their jobs are more dangerous. It's hard to tell if you just read the transcript, but very obvious imo if you watch. Maybe I'm just biased because I can't stand either, but I thought they came off very bad trying to take subtle jabs when that was not the time or place for it.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
TwoTimeAg
AG
Not too many tears shed by a lot of people in Austin when Art left to go to Houston....
Satellite of Love
So close to Milby HS, deep into the barrio.

T&P to the 5 officers.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
People need to be less worried about Art and more worried about the awful DA and all of the newly elected Democrat judges presiding over criminal cases with no clue what they're doing.
GarryowenAg
AG
Never been a fan of Art. He's a POS in my opinion.
Aggie1199
Yep you can thank all the fat soccer moms driving around with Beto stickers on their cars .
aTm2004
AG
Ag_07
AG
Can we save the political banter for later or even better keep off the Tine board?

Thoughts and prayers to the officers and their families.

Interested to hear the background on the suspects and their criminal activity.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
No.
Tom Hagen
AG
Quote:

Interested to hear the background on the suspects and their criminal activity.

You might have to use the FOIA to get that information.
Geop84
AG
My son is a HPD officer assigned to that substation and works the 2-10 shift. I am so selfishly grateful that he was at a training class this week and not involved.

Please keep all the officers and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

I would also like to respectfully ask that political potshots be reserved for another place and time.

Signed,
Aggie and also a Mom
yestoast
Texags posters: "Lo0k at our libtard mayor using tragedy to push a narrative! Disgusts me! DEMONRATS!"

Texags posters: pushes narrative

This sucks for our officers who put their life on the line. Go give blood, buy one a coffee, offer a hug.

I Am A Critic
Bazooka Joe said:

It's bad. I have friends in law enforcement and they're not stating anything publicly until family can be notified. Draw your own conclusions.
I've drawn the conclusion that you and your friends have no clue what you're talking about.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I can support this political message

Quote:

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
The president of the Houston Police Officers' Union isn't mincing words after four officers were shot and one was injured while serving a narcotics warrant on the city's southeast side.

During a press conference early Monday evening outside Memorial Hermann Hospital, Joe Gamaldi put anyone caught stirring anti-law enforcement rhetoric in the community on notice.

"We are sick and tired of having targets on our back," Gamaldi said. "We are sick and tired of having dirtbags trying to take our lives when all we're trying to do is protect this community and protect our families."

Gamaldi said while we live in the greatest city in the world, there are some who are fostering resentment against police in Houston.

"Enough is enough. If you're the ones out there spreading the rhetoric that police officers are the enemy, well just know we've all got your number now," Gamaldi said. "We're going to be keeping track on all of y'all, and we're going to make sure to hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our police officers."

The union president thanked community members who have shown an "amazing" outpouring of support.
LeftyAg89
AG
Police officers "Targeted"???

Uhh, this wasn't a random attack on officers was it?

They busted in and got shot.

cajunaggie08
AG
That was my first thought. Being shot at because you busted down a door to serve some dangerous people a warrant isn't being targeted for being a cop IMO. Its one of the highly potential outcomes for that scenario. I am glad that at this time no innocent lives have been lost.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.