Houston
Sponsored by

5 HPD Officers Shot

91,737 Views | 510 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ghost91
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MAROON said:

Liquid Wrench said:

Quote:

If this is legit it needs to result in Art f cking Acevedo's swift dismissal as well.
He should already be out of a job, but a new mayor is probably the only way to make that happen.%A0
pretty sure he will be out of the police department,%A0BECAUSE HE WILL BE our next mayor

Sad but true.
I have a feeling Art has his eyes set on a higher position than mayor. That's just a guess, though.
MAROON
AG
you have to start somewhere. %A0I've heard he is running for Mayor.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Guitarsoup
AG
MAROON said:

you have to start somewhere. %A0I've heard he is running for Mayor.
BY god, that's Tony Buzbee's music!
Al Bula
AG
More crooked as cops indicted. Fat ass Art should be flayed but Dim hypocrisy gives him a pass because he is Mexican and the Tuttles were white.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/01/25/6-more-houston-police-officers-charged-in-harding-street-raid/
AGHouston11
AG
Had the couple not fired shots nobody would even know about any of this and they would have been framed for drug charges or killed and died as drug dealers.

Meanwhile we got to watch an city wide parade / funeral for police justice that was restricted by RACE!
MAROON
AG
one charged with murder. Probably the guy who applied the double-tap that can be heard on the tape of the incident.

When will Art release the audit of the incident?

Art needs to be fired and Sylvester needs to be criticized for not firing him sooner.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Mas89
AG
What happened to the FEDERAL investigation? No way a Harris county jury convicts anyone. Especially not With the Lanier family support for the cop.
AeroAg1
AG
Mas89 said:

What happened to the FEDERAL investigation? No way a Harris county jury convicts anyone. Especially not With the Lanier family support for the cop.
We've got nascar nooses to find. Move along please.
Post removed:
by user
Mas89
AG
third coast.. said:

Which Lanier? Former mayor or mega rich lawyer?
Both are well off but yes the former mayors family. I could not get the story to link but will post screenshot.
It states Gerald Goines had worked part time for the family and was a family friend for 25 plus years. Mrs. Lanier and family have been actively involved with his defense and court hearings.
IDaggie06
AG
Why does everything associated with government employees have to be so corrupt. Not much scarier than power hungry bureaucrats (oxymoron I know).
gonemaroon
AG
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Woman-who-lied-in-911-calls-about-Harding-Street-16233347.php?utm_campaign=premiumchron_breakingnews_20210608&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

I totally forgot about this case - why is this the first time I'm hearing of a tipster I wonder?
TarponChaser
IDaggie06 said:

Why does everything associated with government employees have to be so corrupt. Not much scarier than power hungry bureaucrats (oxymoron I know).

I get your point but what you're speaking of is not an oxymoron but rather a redundancy. An oxymoron is opposing positions- such as "jumbo shrimp" and so on.
MAS444
AG
Don't know but it was widely reported at the time.

Good for Judge Hanks on the sentencing!
Diggity
AG

solid courtroom caricature as well
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Diggity said:

solid courtroom caricature as well
Did a really good job capturing the judge's African American male appearance as an Asian female.
BMX Bandit
nm
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I like that Hanks went above what defense was requesting, but 40 mos for swatting two people that leads to theirs deaths seems light.
agz win
AG
Murder charge dropped against former HPD officer in deadly Harding St. Raid, DA says

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/08/18/harris-county-district-attorney-update-in-harding-street-matter/
agz win
AG

Prosecutor who was allegedly fired for 'conduct, judgment' fires back at Harris County Kim Ogg

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/2021/08/19/prosecutor-who-was-allegedly-fired-for-conduct-judgment-fires-back-at-harris-county-kim-ogg/
AGHouston11
AG
Reverse the skin color and this would be a different story.
The mayor gave a speech for the the Floyd memorial yet ignored this injustice under his leadership that happened less than mikes away from where he was speaking.
Ghost91
AGHouston11 said:

Reverse the skin color and this would be a different story.
The mayor gave a speech for the the Floyd memorial yet ignored this injustice under his leadership that happened less than mikes away from where he was speaking.

Are you saying that if a white cop forged documents in order to raid a house where an innocent black couple was murdered, this would be garnering national headlines and Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton & Quanell would be taking up permanent residence here?
Pssh, no way. It would be getting exactly the same level of attention, I bet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.