Metroplex
Sponsored by

The Bevens murder in Midlothian

124,382 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
proc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Midlothian PD is doing a press conference tomorrow at 10am.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Midlothian PD is doing a press conference tomorrow at 10am.

They give you one phone "call" and you use it to post this on TexAgs?
MsDoubleD81
AG
Did Randy Bevers "check-in" to the Midlothian jail on Facebook?
lunchbox
From the PC....

Family, friends and co-workers are not considered suspects.

They still can't tell if the suspect is male or female....and can't tell race.

Estimated height of suspect is 5'2"-5'7".
LisaMarie
AG
Also said they aren't sure if one perp or more, and they don't know if it was a hit or random.

I really hope they're playing some cards really close to their vest because after the presser sounds like they have nothing .

The bloody shirt is still being analyzed too.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Looking for a light colored Nissan Altima seen at the SWFA outdoors around 0200. I was wondering if the church was out in the middle of nowhere or if near other places with security cameras.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Sounds like they've got a big bag of nothing and somebody might have gotten away with murder.
DallasAggie0
Hard to believe that nobody in Midlothian could recognize a walk like that.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Hard to believe that nobody in Midlothian could recognize a walk like that.
unless its a hit-person not from midlothian.

starting to seem like somebody

a. did their homework on her and the site
b. hired someone from out of town
c. had a solid alibis
d. left no cell phone or computer tracks
e. hasn't talked at all

you do those 5 things well and you are pretty hard to catch.

the one thing that doesn't fit that though (apparently) is the person in the video hardly seems like a pro

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Looking for a light colored Nissan Altima seen at the SWFA outdoors around 0200. I was wondering if the church was out in the middle of nowhere or if near other places with security cameras.
just looked it up on google maps.

the SWFA is the nearest thing to the church.

It is across highway 287 and about 1500 feet (eyeballing it) to the SE of the church.

Diet Cokehead
AG
What is SFWA?
MsDoubleD81
AG
quote:
What is SFWA?

Gun/firearm store according to Google
aggielostinETX
AG
And they put up $10k I think in reward.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Yes, it is a nice large new building. I drive that road coming home from my daughter's house.
Ag In Ok
AG
If by chance it is related, this person took their car first to a reputable fire arms delaer who undoubtedly would have extensive video surveillance then tk a church with signs saying they have security cameras
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
If by chance it is related, this person took their car first to a reputable fire arms delaer who undoubtedly would have extensive video surveillance then tk a church with signs saying they have security cameras

from what i recall.....the car and the suspects exit/entrance from the church evaded security cameras.

so the perp knew the church video coverage pretty well.

but this is simply a car they spotted in the SFWA lot on video a few hours before the incident. i'm thinking they just find it odd a car was there around 2am.

could be related or not.

could have been casing the church in advance and drove by then simply turned around in the SFWA lot or soemthing like that.
LisaMarie
AG
I've read that it was no secret that the church cameras worked intermittently and the church was aware of this

Also possibly perp didn't care he/she was on camera, based on how much gear they had on.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Bumping this because I'm intrigued by this thread...
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
double aught
AG
Diet Cokehead
AG
It does seem like somebody got away with it. Crazy.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Still can't believe it wasn't the father-in-law
Coppell97
AG
It could still be . . .
Canyon99
Another thought is a law enforcement officer from another municipality. Crazy thought but you never know.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I thought they ruled them out? Or confirmed their alibis?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I wouldn't say anyone is ruled out. Could always be a "for hire" deal where alibis hold up. But the cops seem to have nothing, so who knows
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
I thought they ruled them out? Or confirmed their alibis?

I believe via cursory glances at both husband and FIL's Facebook profiles showed they were out of town the day before the murder.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Im currently in Aruba according to my FB checkin. All while I'm really in Flower Mound drinking a margarita.
Coppell97
AG
I believe law enforcement is being intentionally vague and not calling anyone "suspects." I believe all are still persons of interest. If they call them "suspects," they will stop cooperating and will lawyer up. I believe law enforcement knows a lot more than they are telling. I wouldn't call this a cold case just yet.
Coppell97
AG
Interesting how this other case turned out . . .
quote:
Days before his planned wedding, the groom-to-be paid two convicted sex offenders to kill the 37-year-old Rowlett mother he was set to marry, officials say.

After Grillo's death, Makris posted on Facebook "I miss you and love you. I know you are in a better place. No more struggle for you."

In another post, he wrote that Grillo was "more than my fiance. She was my everything, and no I don't know who would do something like that to her."

After his fiancee's death, Makris interacted with police only when asked to participate in an interview and did not ask the status of the case, Nabors said.

In February, Makris told WFAA-TV (Channel 8) that he was shocked to hear that Trevino, who was supposed to be one of his groomsmen, might be connected to the slaying.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/06/fiance-convicted-sex-offender-indicted-in-murder-for-hire-plot-of-rowlett-mother.html/?_ga=1.80426775.1097713324.1464839970
ursusguy
AG
Shirt was dog blood.
OldArmy1606
I love all this arm chair detective work going on....some of yall sound down right ridiculous.

Also, Midlothian isn't as small as town as you think. Just because someone walks a certain way on video, doesn't mean someone can just shout out, "OH that's Jimmy who hangs out around WalMart!"
MsDoubleD81
AG
Seeing something new was posted, I thought there might be a good, informative reply. Oh wait, this is TexAgs!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Seeing something new was posted, I thought there might be a good, informative reply. Oh wait, this is TexAgs!
/Irony
DannyDuberstein
AG
Funny to find discussion and speculation on an internet message board. thank you for your wisdom!
Coppell97
AG
Gait comparison video . . .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.