Metroplex
Sponsored by

The Bevens murder in Midlothian

124,371 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
Ervin Burrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Sounds to me they are comparing who was switching towers that morning to who has contacted about 8 people in her circle.

Yeah, and the fact that the crime happened at 4am should make it relatively easy.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I had a feeling from the first that there were marital issues.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I had a feeling from the first that there were marital issues.

i'm not sure if anyone else noticed this....i thought i mentioned it but maybe not....

looking at both of their facebooks there are lots of pics of the kids and friends and nature....but hardly any of each other except a few with ALL of the family.

struck me as odd.

my wife is all over my timeline and vice versa. hell my sisters ex is all over hers they still do a lot as a "family"

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
this article is a little better written

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/05/slain-fitness-instructor-missy-bevers-received-creepy-and-strange-messages-days-before-slaying-search-warrant-says.html/
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I'm still putting my $$$ on husband murder for hire, and very thoughtfully set up his alibi and the messages to throw the cops off the trail. It sounds like they basically confirmed her having an affair of some sort through the Linkedin messages, including speaking with the guy that exchanged them with her. I'm not ruling out some obsessed freak, but the husband hiring someone is still my bet.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I can't get past the walk of the killer and the FIL. I still think it's him.
MsDoubleD81
AG
quote:
I can't get past the walk of the killer and the FIL. I still think it's him.

Yep and can see him writing a creepy linked in message she got.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, doesn't take a rocket scientist to set up your alibi's, send some messages to make it sound like a deranged freak was onto her, and then you have some schmoe that you're going to cut into the insurance proceeds off her. The time of day and cellphone/tower activity is an interesting angle though and a possible spot to find a slip-up.
Comeby!
AG
Why do we keep talking about a life insurance policy? Has that been discussed or just speculation?
PorkEatingCrusader
You'll see the FIL arrested within 2 weeks!
Sweet Clementine
AG
quote:
Why do we keep talking about a life insurance policy? Has that been discussed or just speculation?

Recent news reports have told of financial and marital problems, so a life insurance policy cash in isn't that far fetched. Don't you ever watch Dateline? Or Snapped? Or any of the other true crime shows?
Comeby!
AG
quote:
quote:

Recent news reports have told of financial and marital problems, so a life insurance policy cash in isn't that far fetched. Don't you ever watch Dateline? Or Snapped? Or any of the other true crime shows?

Not saying it isn't possible but it sure does sound like you watch a lot of tv.
Sweet Clementine
AG
My apologies to the TV police.
Comeby!
AG
quote:
My apologies to the TV police.

Oh my Darling!
EllisCoAg
AG
People Magazine

Still getting national press, Dateline will be all over this.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Got up to speed late, what's the latest
DannyDuberstein
AG
The comments in that link are interesting. Sounds like they may be looking at the wife of a fellow instructor. Lady broke her foot a couple of years ago and had a baby in mid-2015 (so may be a fat as well as a mama bear about some floozy messing around with her husband). Her FB basically went inactive on May 1 and she's deleted a bunch of pics.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Wife suspects (or knows) her husband, who also teaches Camp Gladiators like Missy, of having an affair with Missy and takes matters into her own hand? Definitely seems plausible.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The brutality was fitting of a scorned spouse.
MsDoubleD81
AG
quote:
The comments in that link are interesting. Sounds like they may be looking at the wife of a fellow instructor. Lady broke her foot a couple of years ago and had a baby in mid-2015 (so may be a fat). Her FB basically went inactive on May 1 and she's deleted a bunch of pics.
They are VERY interesting and if true, makes for a better story than if the FIL did it!!

Before reading that, I was starting to wonder if maybe Brandon Bevers was having the affair and the other woman did it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

...and I just found something where the 7 numbers they were tracking on that warrant include AJ Tucker and Courtney Tuckers numbers.

hmmmmm......

oddly Courtney Tucker is listed as having a friend in common with me on Facebook. Someone I've know for 30 years but probably haven't seen in 20 years. Weird. No idea how they know each other.
ac04
casually strike up a conversation about old times, then slip in a question about whether or not she's murdered recently.
The Collective
AG
Let's say it is this suspect. Is it possible that all of the weirdness from the husband and his family was just a show orchestrated by LEOs? It seemed to do a good job distracting the public's attention...
proc
AG
quote:
quote:
Midlothian police said the autopsy by the Dallas County medical examiner had been completed but that the results were being withheld pending the ongoing investigation by their department, county officials and the Texas Rangers.

This is highly unusual to me. The authorities wouldn't go to so much effort to investigate the cause of death if it were a simple shooting or stabbing. Which means the killing was up close and personal, and emotion driven. Being emotion driven, they made a mistake somewhere that will lead to them being caught. With that much hate, I question whether the husband had anything to do with it at all. No killer for hire would make the mistake of going hands on.

25% - Lover of the victim's husband
70% - Wife of the victim's lover
5% - Raving lunatic

Many cell phone records are being subpoenaed this week for sure.

I am sticking with my predictions.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
Let's say it is this suspect. Is it possible that all of the weirdness from the husband and his family was just a show orchestrated by LEOs? It seemed to do a good job distracting the public's attention...

I tend to think the simplest explanation is most likely, which is that the husband/fil are just a bit odd to begin with. It also sounds like there has been some marriage and financial struggles, which I think probably puts him in a situation where he's hurt by this, but not just devastated like if you lost your absolute best friend in the world.

I think any notion that any of this is a big show or some really elaborate scheme is trying to pretend that things play out like movies, and 9 times out of 10, they don't. Typically, when you line up the pieces afterwards, things make sense and follow a predictable path - you just can't tell that path until you start getting all of the info.
ursusguy
AG
Yes, I've helped with such orchestrations.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

as of tomorrow 5am this case is 1 month old. i'm a little surprised we have no arrest yet.

DannyDuberstein
AG
The scorned wife angle still looks viable. Either way, it doesn't look like the killer slipped up in a major way, so beyond just an arrest, the odds of making a case that is beyond a reasonable doubt seem to be getting longer as more time passes.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Have they ruled out the husband and father-in-law as suspects?
lunchbox
Officially I don't think anyone has been ruled out...at least by way of announcement.
proc
AG
Sloppy killer or not, the killer may have been smart enough to leave their phone at home. That would make this crime really hard to solve, with no evidence to put them at or near the crime scene.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Phone or not, you aren't convicting someone based on their phone hitting a tower. At best, I think that is a small little tack-on piece of evidence to help tighten up a case
Diet Cokehead
AG
Starting to feel like these investigators don't have much.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, this was someone smart enough to outfit themselves in a manner that people couldn't even tell gender, and with a month having passed, it doesn't appear they made any other major errors. At this point, I'm just hoping they left enough quantity of smaller clues and the cops are just needing more time to tighten things up. But I have my doubts.

There is some discussion that they took the Tucker's trash during the night a few weeks ago. Maybe there will be some DNA work that comes back from that.
lunchbox
They may also be waiting on the DNA results from the dog blood on the shirt that got dropped off at the cleaners...that was supposedly going to take 2-3 weeks...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.