Metroplex
Sponsored by

The Bevens murder in Midlothian

124,348 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And then a podcast "Down the Hill" is a good one to get the story of the first several years.
duck79
AG
Down the Hill is a good podcast. It was really interesting and when you read what happened to those girls, it's sickening.

I hope both of these are solved in my lifetime. It's amazing that both have killers on video.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Yep, I google and check reddit for both of these cases, and check about Delphi all the time. And I agree, I hope justice is served for both of them.
george07
AG
Yeah I listened to down the hill also, very interesting stuff.
Redstone
AG
There is something otherworldly about the video. The victim was clearly stalked and the church scoped, and the murder openly done via video and yet also hidden.

Would a scorned average person pull that off?

Just an impression.
duck79
AG
There is an announced press conference about Delphi this morning.

Arrest made. Gives hope to the Midlothian case
double aught
AG
What is Delphi?
duck79
AG
The 2 girls murdered in Indiana 5 years ago. The podcast covering it was brought up in this thread.
Robert C. Christian
AG
duck79 said:

There is an announced press conference about Delphi this morning.

Arrest made. Gives hope to the Midlothian case
Wow! I don't know much about the case but it seemed even more unsolvable than Bevens. So that is great news.
Texas Ag Mom
I haven't watched any videos on the Delphi murders but I have seen the video of the guy on the railroad tracks. It seemed odd to me that one of the girls was able to shoot the video. The guy did not seem aggressive. It looked like his hands were in his pockets. It seems like they could have attempted to get away. Was that discussed on any of the podcast?
wbt5845
AG
I have given up hope that the Bevers case will ever be solved. Midlothian PD really screwed up this one and let someone get away with murder.
duck79
AG
If I recall(and it has been 3 years since the podcast), the video was him in the background of a Snapchat and due to the distance he wasn't probably perceived as a threat. I don't believe there is video when he says "down the hill" that is a voice recording. I think the beliefs is he had a large knife because the rumors are that one of the girls was basically decapitated.
agcrock2005
AG
Googled it the other day after mentioned on here and they said the part where he says "down the hill" they believe the phone was still taking video but it was in one of the girls pockets. Sad deal.
Texas Ag Mom
Well that makes more sense. I sure hope they got their guy. I had a cousin that was murdered in Carrollton many years ago. No arrest was ever made.
fc2112
7 years ago today.

Remember - if you ever need to murder someone - Midlothian is the place to do it.
nai06
AG
I'm still shocked they really haven't gotten any further in this case. Presumably they have even more evidence then they have released to the public and we have several minutes of the killer on video.
agcrock2005
AG
I'm starting to think it was Hunter Biden.
Jock92
AG
https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/true-crime-fans-still-fascinated-with-missy-bevers-murder-16671452?s=09
wangus12
AG
Always thought it was weird that very little information about what the police did know was ever really released or leaked.
Decay
AG
Hell of a reason to never cheat on your spouse... If they get killed, I'm 100% assuming they did it
MsDoubleD81
AG
Bumping this because I stumbled across several podcasts recently. Supposedly there is info from an FBI report that she was shot. And further that the perp left some kind of tool shoved in her eye.

There are also a couple people connected to Missy and Brandon who moved to Upstate New York a couple months after it happened. Ex-wife of the cop Missy was rumored to be having an affair with.
Redstone
AG
Reddit seems convinced about one couple in particular. Surely the police do have a decent idea, even if the barrier of evidence has not been crossed to being a charge?
AgBQ-00
AG
Is that ex-wife an obese woman who waddles by chance? I've always thought the video showed a fat woman dressed in tacti-gear
Wrighty
AG
Redstone said:

Reddit seems convinced about one couple in particular. Surely the police do have a decent idea, even if the barrier of evidence has not been crossed to being a charge?

Link please?

This is a case that should be solved.
Redstone
AG
Google

bevers reddit courtney
MsDoubleD81
AG
I found this one via Google

https://reddit.com/r/TrueCrime/s/VunY12OpLs
Wrighty
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

from reading that, it sounds like reddit thinks its AJ and Courtney Tucker. I googled those names and page 6 of this thread came up!

This is a good thread with a claim and premise about the Tuckers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnsolvedMysteries/comments/8i56d2/missy_bevers_was_hunted_my_theory/
Quote:

Quote:

AJ and Courtney Tucker killed Missy. Courtney is the distraction for the cameras doing a ****ty job trying to make it look like a burglary gone wrong. AJ is the one who is waiting in the dark at the entrance he knows she will enter. The helmet is a motorcycle helmet that has a Bluetooth communication system in it. I found the identical one online. This is why Courtney never checks the time. She is waiting for AJ to tell her when it's over. She is also in the Nissan at the SWFA store. She signals him with her headlights. He is at the church breaking in and she is watching from the highway to make sure no one is alerted of the break in. I have a screenshot of that identical car right behind AJ in a parking lot where he was doing a class. The full car is visible with a side view from his Facebook. Courtney is the same height and build. She also broke her right ankle so bad it required surgery a while before the murder and she still had a limp. AJ was in the army, he knows how to pull off a secret mission. He is on an FBI watchlist now. He constantly uses news reports of women getting attacked to specifically drum up business for his self defence classes, but never once mentions Missy's attack and murder. He even mentions a different partners murder and suicide by her husband but never a peep about Missy. He placed himself in Midlothian early that morning for a class on Facebook. His garbage was stolen by police right after the murders. He talks about this on Facebook, I have screenshots. They did this without phones because they had radios. Police don't have enough to convince a prosecutor to charge them.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Uhmmmmm. Wow if all of that is true. I'd like to see the screenshot of the Altima at one of his classes!!!
nai06
AG
Wrighty said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

from reading that, it sounds like reddit thinks its AJ and Courtney Tucker. I googled those names and page 6 of this thread came up!

This is a good thread with a claim and premise about the Tuckers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnsolvedMysteries/comments/8i56d2/missy_bevers_was_hunted_my_theory/
Quote:

Quote:

AJ and Courtney Tucker killed Missy. Courtney is the distraction for the cameras doing a ****ty job trying to make it look like a burglary gone wrong. AJ is the one who is waiting in the dark at the entrance he knows she will enter. The helmet is a motorcycle helmet that has a Bluetooth communication system in it. I found the identical one online. This is why Courtney never checks the time. She is waiting for AJ to tell her when it's over. She is also in the Nissan at the SWFA store. She signals him with her headlights. He is at the church breaking in and she is watching from the highway to make sure no one is alerted of the break in. I have a screenshot of that identical car right behind AJ in a parking lot where he was doing a class. The full car is visible with a side view from his Facebook. Courtney is the same height and build. She also broke her right ankle so bad it required surgery a while before the murder and she still had a limp. AJ was in the army, he knows how to pull off a secret mission. He is on an FBI watchlist now. He constantly uses news reports of women getting attacked to specifically drum up business for his self defence classes, but never once mentions Missy's attack and murder. He even mentions a different partners murder and suicide by her husband but never a peep about Missy. He placed himself in Midlothian early that morning for a class on Facebook. His garbage was stolen by police right after the murders. He talks about this on Facebook, I have screenshots. They did this without phones because they had radios. Police don't have enough to convince a prosecutor to charge them.

Not to insult the entire army because there are plenty of high quality and intelligent soldiers. But i've also known some real dumb ass MFers who couldn't tie their own shoes that enlisted. Being in the military was never going to help them, let alone teach them to "pull off a secret mission".

fc2112
I actually know AJ Tucker since I do CG - I've trained with him a number of times.

Dude is an absolute beast. And yes - other CG trainers have told me he and Missy had a thing. BUT - there is absolutely no proof. Cops investigated him and found nothing.

His self defense classes are really quite good too.
Redstone
AG
Are the Reddit arguments bad? Superficially, they catch the eye.

This case, like the missing Aggie Mark Davis (Tyler, TX) still gets to me.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
fc2112 said:

I actually know AJ Tucker since I do CG - I've trained with him a number of times.

Dude is an absolute beast. And yes - other CG trainers have told me he and Missy had a thing. BUT - there is absolutely no proof. Cops investigated him and found nothing.

His self defense classes are really quite good too.

Hi AJ

Circumstantial evidence is still evidence, when a woman gets killed the the killer is usually romantically involved or wants to be and since the husband has been ruled out, you seem pretty good for it, how slippery is the slope from banging a married woman to killing her?
fc2112
haha - I wish I was in as good a shape as AJ. Seriously - anyone who's done CG in Arlington/Mansfield knows him. If he were a murderer, he sure hasn't tried to hide himself since then.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Yeah, I don't think he did it, but what about his wife and an accomplice, say another pd off wife or ex-wife?
fc2112
I guess.

I don't know nor have ever met his wife. As I said above, it was a thinly veiled secret amongst the CG community that Missy and AJ had something going on.

EDIT - I went back before the date of murder and he still has lots of pics of him and Missy on his Facebook page.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.