Metroplex
Sponsored by

The Bevens murder in Midlothian

124,378 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
duck79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The news just said the shirt was a woman's XXL.
Diet Cokehead
AG
What kind of motive would the FIL have? This thing is so bizarre.
aggielostinETX
AG
What does MIL look like?
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
What kind of motive would the FIL have? This thing is so bizarre.
Dad's strapped for cash, both he and husband hate the wife for some reason, and plot to kill her for life insurance money?
Texas Ag Mom
I suspect we all will know who the killer is within a week. Sadly I believe the details of this story are going to be even more devastating for the 3 young girls that have lost their mother.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Yeah, it does seem convenient that the husband and FIL were both out of town and have such ironclad alibis. Almost too convenient. This really does feel like a TV mystery.
duck79
AG
Anyone else watch their press conf outside of the police station? I honestly don't know how I would act and pray to god I never find out but something just felt strange. Very relaxed and non emotional.
Sweet Clementine
AG
The press conference was weird. After I heard Junior talk about the husband's facebook page I went and looked at it. It does seem a bit strange that he location/time stamps only those things. Also his, his dad's and stepmom's pages are very public. The behavior from his side of the family seems strange.
kawasaky_ag11
Did the FIL's walk at the beginning of the conference look similar to the attacker? It's also very strange that the husband'a side of the family is very vocal but no one from her side has come forward.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missy-Bevers-Father-in-Law-Brought-Blood-Stained-Shirt-to-Dry-Cleaner-Search-Warrant-377343901.html
aggielostinETX
AG
Interesting... whats his alibi?
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
Interesting... whats his alibi?

In San Diego at time of the murder. At least that was posted earlier in this thread.
Diet Cokehead
AG
They sure seem very relaxed and use some odd terms like "early in the game". How is this a game?
Aries
I always thought it was weird how the husband was so public & in front of the cameras right after her murder. He was always so insistent that she was not the target from day 1...was just strange to me.

I know people cope differently but if my husband was just brutally murdered, I wouldn't be on tv. I'd be a hot freaking mess.
Sweet Clementine
AG
I also found it interesting that very early on the husband came out and said he didn't think she was targeted. He gives me the creeps.
lawless89
Very weird to me that the FIL is halfway smiling through the interview. Why the crap are you smiling????
Truman2001
AG
I heard the blood was from a dog fight.

In the article they said the mastiff dog that killed the FILs dog name was
KILO

Who other than a cartel leader named their dog that?

Could it be a drug killing?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
I heard the blood was from a dog fight.

KILO

Who knows, but that dude in the police costume didn't look like somebody that did this kind of thing as a matter of profession.
Aries
quote:

KILO

You have got to be joking....
TSJ
AG
After binging on many hours of Forensic Files, it sounds like they need to see who filed life insurance policies and when.
Wrighty
AG
FIL is seriously suspect. He fits body type, walks similar, and just seems weird. It's so obvious that the police certainly are all over that. Now they are either waiting to prove a motive or disprove an alibi or perhaps trying to figure out if husband is involved.

I wonder if the police are releasing stuff publicly in order to keep both the husband and FIL in front of cameras with the press asking questions to them.

I also wonder if they released the news that they were recording funeral walking in order to scare the husband who would realize their suspicions.
lunchbox
You know they also have to love that they now have 25 mins of additional footage for behavioral analysts and profilers to study while they try to figure out if they were involved.
double aught
AG
So if you were the family members in question and had nothing to do with it, would you lawyer up, or would you be forthright in the hopes that the police would be smart enough to see that you were innocent?
Sweet Clementine
AG
I would be forthright with the police, that's not the part that's weird. It's the fact that they are out in front of the press and making strange statements that is suspicious to me.
ac04
got a creepy vibe from the husband in the very first interview i saw with him right after it happened. he was telling the story of the times he had talked to her on his trip. way too composed and lots of detail about what time they spoke and what they said. there was something off
lunchbox
I don't think I would lawyer up but I don't think I would hold a press conference complete with "yeehaw! i just wanted to come down here to put the fire out" type quotes and call the whole thing "a game". The FIL grinning the whole time was weird too.

The husband also said he had to tell his family to stop talking to the media. I think his sister was throwing theories out there left and right to some reporter and then had to backtrack on them.
Comeby!
AG
The FIL is F'ed. That walk says it all.
Diet Cokehead
AG
And yet, not a peep from her side of the family. At a minimum, the husband has a hell of a weird family.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Where is video of the FIL walking?
lunchbox
Linked at the top of this page...
Diet Cokehead
AG
He does kind of had the duck walking look like the suspect. I would like to see more, but that seems pretty damning.
lunchbox
Not only that, but it almost seems like he stops walking on purpose when he sees all the media and then the son steps in front of him while he walks the rest of the way.
Comeby!
AG
Yep. Good luck explaining that.
Ag In Ok
AG
Could be relief from being cleared from doing something so very, very, incredibly suspicious.
If his san diego alibi had any holes in it, I don't see him speaking to the media. Or walking out of a police station without visible sweat from head to toe
MsDoubleD81
AG
quote:
Not only that, but it almost seems like he stops walking on purpose when he sees all the media and then the son steps in front of him while he walks the rest of the way.

And like he almost touched the pillar (like the hallway). He just seems guilty to me. Like he was coached to say "to put this fire out".
Diet Cokehead
AG
The only thing I don't understand is, if you knew her that well, why not just break into the house and wait in a closet for her to come home where you know there are no cameras instead of a public place where there are likely to be cameras?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.