Metroplex
Sponsored by

The Bevens murder in Midlothian

124,391 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
FincAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If this was a Castle episode, my money would be on a former male CG member.

Someone who was out of shape, came to camp and got in shape, was shown attention by the deceased because she is a passionate leader who cared about her team's health, his advances were rejected, he quits and goes back to being out of shape, finally snaps when their paths cross, and he plots her end.

Him snooping around the church might have been looking for a place to hide or making sure no one else was there.
aggielostinETX
AG
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
If this was a Castle episode, my money would be on a former male CG member.

Someone who was out of shape, came to camp and got in shape, was shown attention by the deceased because she is a passionate leader who cared about her team's health, his advances were rejected, he quits and goes back to being out of shape, finally snaps when their paths cross, and he plots her end.

Him snooping around the church might have been looking for a place to hide or making sure no one else was there.
A former camp member definitely makes sense...who else would know that someone would be there that early in the morning, at a church? Just too odd of a time and place to be a completely random/separate crime that she stumbled upon.
The Collective
AG
It could be someone from her past too though. If she is active on social media like facebook, there could be plenty of people that know her schedule.
FincAg
AG
I heard on the news she posted to her Facebook the night before that due to weather they would meet indoors at the church and gave the time and place.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I heard on the news she posted to her Facebook the night before that due to weather they would meet indoors at the church and gave the time and place.
Thats how a lot of CG works. I know several of the trainers. Lots of them have camps they put on throughout the day and one of the best ways to keep in touch with people/clients these days is Facebook.
PorkEatingCrusader
She was a Thriver thats for sure. Those of you that Thrive will know what im talking about
Ag In Ok
AG
She was non-responsive leads me to think it wasn't brutal.
The husband's emphasis on strictly his opinion that it wasn't someone she knew leads me to think the police have acquaintances as suspects.
Recent chatter on a possible female reinforces the acquaintance to me.
I wish midlo had red light cams on 287 and walnut grove. Or whataburger had a parking lot cam.
proc
AG
quote:
Midlothian police said the autopsy by the Dallas County medical examiner had been completed but that the results were being withheld pending the ongoing investigation by their department, county officials and the Texas Rangers.

This is highly unusual to me. The authorities wouldn't go to so much effort to investigate the cause of death if it were a simple shooting or stabbing. Which means the killing was up close and personal, and emotion driven. Being emotion driven, they made a mistake somewhere that will lead to them being caught. With that much hate, I question whether the husband had anything to do with it at all. No killer for hire would make the mistake of going hands on.

25% - Lover of the victim's husband
70% - Wife of the victim's lover
5% - Raving lunatic

Many cell phone records are being subpoenaed this week for sure.

GarlandAg2012
AG
In the video isn't the suspect carrying a tire iron or hammer or something? When I saw that I assumed it was a fairly up close and possibly brutal murder.
MW03
AG
I've watched that video several times, and I think that's a woman by the way "it" walks. Elbows in, hands out, duck footed open hips kind of shuffle...
DannyDuberstein
AG
With no sexual assault component, it almost certainly has to be an acquaintance IMO

My money is on the wife/girlfriend of some guy that's been banging her.
Ag In Ok
AG
Did they report ATF involvement?
Aries
I think it's a female as well.
proc
AG
ATF? This just gets weirder and weirder. My prediction looks way off now.
aggielostinETX
AG
yea wtf...

quote:
On Wednesday, Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson said their department is being assisted in the investigation by the Texas Rangers, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and an unnamed second federal agency.

The ATF, Texas Rangers and Midlothian police returned to the church Wednesday afternoon where the ATF used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church for gunshot residue or other explosive powders.
FincAg
AG
News said this morning the ATF was out yesterday with bomb sniffing dogs, FBI investigating and using plain clothed agents to attend the memorial and video everyone's gate walking in and out.
double aught
AG
quote:
yea wtf...

quote:
On Wednesday, Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson said their department is being assisted in the investigation by the Texas Rangers, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and an unnamed second federal agency.

The ATF, Texas Rangers and Midlothian police returned to the church Wednesday afternoon where the ATF used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church for gunshot residue or other explosive powders.

aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
News said this morning the ATF was out yesterday with bomb sniffing dogs, FBI investigating and using plain clothed agents to attend the memorial and video everyone's gate walking in and out.
why is the news sharing this?
FincAg
AG
You got me. Was on Fox 4 this morning. I had to flip over from Today show because I can't handle Donald's family using the words "incredible" "amazing" and "great" every other word during their interview.
The Collective
AG
Every bit of information released has a purpose. I think we will all know soon enough.
Ag In Ok
AG
I wonder if the church was the actual target.
benMath08
AG
Think she walked in on someone about to plant a bomb in the church? Seems too crazy...
Ag for Life
AG
quote:
Think she walked in on someone about to plant a bomb in the church? Seems too crazy...
That seems logical. What other reason would the ATF be there? (other than overstepping their authority as usual)
GarlandAg2012
AG
I checked the wiki to see if the ATF had some random jurisdiction that you wouldn't think they would, only thing that isn't obvious under the name is that they also are responsible for investigating arsons:

quote:
Its responsibilities include the investigation and prevention of federal offenses involving the unlawful use, manufacture, and possession of firearms and explosives; acts of arson and bombings; and illegal trafficking of alcohol and tobacco products. The ATF also regulates via licensing the sale, possession, and transportation of firearms, ammunition, and explosives in interstate commerce. Many of ATF's activities are carried out in conjunction with task forces made up of state and local law enforcement officers, such as Project Safe Neighborhoods. ATF operates a unique fire research laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland, where full-scale mock-ups of criminal arson can be reconstructed.

That said, if the bomb sniffing dog thing is true, explosives being potentially involved seems possible.
DallasAggie0
Doesn't make sense given the video of the perp just walking around and breaking windows
aggielostinETX
AG
why do they need a warrant if the husband is cooperating?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Head-Wound-Killed-Midlothian-Fitness-Instructor-Missy-Bevers-Truck-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html
hph6203
AG
Not a lawyer, but could it be that she just recently died and if the truck is titled in her name then technically the husband does not have ownership rights until the ownership is legally transferred to him? Then he wouldn't have the authority to grant access to the truck and they don't want anything snagging the investigation.

Just my thought process, may be totally wrong.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, sounds like they were just crossing t's and dottig i's to make sure they have clean, unimpeachable access vs anything to do with the husband about access
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
Is the husband not a suspect?

No, and he's not even close to the body size of the perp. The guy who did it (and its a guy, I would bet serious money on) is fat (about 240-260) with feet that point out at a 45 degree angle. He has very little upper body build and a butt/hips that doesn't stick out much. It is definitely a guy's frame.

The husband is medium tall and somewhat slender. Plus, he has a checked out alibi.
Comeby!
AG
I know someone who is a close personal friend of the family and attended sessions. I can confirm that the search warrant was issued because the truck title was going to be hung up.
DallasAggie0
Do they have a suspect?
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
Do they have a suspect?

If they do they haven't leaked if to news outlets.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
quote:
That seems logical. What other reason would the ATF be there? (other than overstepping their authority as usual)

Seems like the person was there for a lot of wasted time if they were trying to do something like that. I'd expect somebody to be in and out if that were the case. This person just loitered around for a while, right?
lawless89
I thought I read on one of the news pages that the outside cameras at the church happened to be turned off that day...is that true? If so..that opens up a whole new can of worms.

I still think it's an overweight woman. She walks and looks like a slightly skinnier version of honey boo boo's mom.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.