Metroplex
Sponsored by

The Bevens murder in Midlothian

124,390 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm guessing that by doing it at the publicized crossfit location, they would think that puts the police on a much wider group of suspects and motive. with how much they've used facebook to alibi, I can see using that aspect too.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I just showed both videos to my wife and she immediately keyed in on the right leg swing of the FIL and thinks 100% done deal that the FIL did it.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I think it's weird that husband and his dad both just happened to be out of town in different directions. Husband in Mississippi and FIL in California.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And a couple of older males being some facebook stamping mofos. Suspicious as hell. I still think the killer is a 3rd person, but its a life insurance play that the husband and FIL agreed to carve up.
aggolfer
AG
Why was the FIL with him to begin with? If this happened to my wife, no way in hell would I feel up to talking to reporters.
MsDoubleD81
AG
quote:
And a couple of older males being some facebook stamping mofos. Suspicious as hell. I still think the killer is a 3rd person, but its a life insurance play that the husband and FIL agreed to carve up.
I looked at the FIL history and he's "checked in" to many places over the last few years, Oregon, cancun, Bahamas. And think he lives in Austin? Went to Tech..
Diet Cokehead
AG
quote:
Why was the FIL with him to begin with? If this happened to my wife, no way in hell would I feel up to talking to reporters.
The whole point of the press conference was because the FIL turned in some bloody clothes to the local dry cleaner that he claims is due to 2 dogs fighting a day or 2 after the murder.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

well him or the FIL might have been involved in some plot.

but I got to think their alibis are rock solid or they wouldn't be free men right now.

the FIL and wife were in California at almost 6:00pm the night before playing golf with a third person (from pic on Facebook). That has got to be pretty easy to corroborate.

It can't be the FIL in the video...unless he somehow hightailed it back to central Texas in less than 7 hours (cuz 6pm in Cali is 8pm in Dallas and the perp was onsite at the church at 3am). Simply no way to drive that in 7 hours. And if he flew it would have to be a private plane or charter because commercial would have a record of it.

I suppose he could have had a private plane that was in on it, left his phone in Cali for tracking purposes...flew to somewhere nearby by midnight maybe and then drove there, then reversed his course back to Cali.

Possible..... but there would be a trail somewhere. FLight logs, phone calls, etc.
Ag for Life
AG
Does the FIL have any brothers? This is a fascinating case (tragic of course). The behavior of the husband and FIL is just so bizarre. I can't fathom myself acting like them if my wife or daughter-in-law were murdered, especially if they were murdered in such a planned & brutal fashion.
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
Very weird to me that the FIL is halfway smiling through the interview. Why the crap are you smiling????
Maybe that's his liar's "tell"

He's creepy, his gait is unusual and his body type and size seem to match the surveillance video (coincidence perhaps)...and the husband interviewed immediately after, reacting as if he's discussing his car's hail damage rather than his wife being brutally murdered. Just doesn't feel right.
Old School Brother
quote:

the FIL and wife were in California at almost 6:00pm the night before playing golf with a third person (from pic on Facebook). That has got to be pretty easy to corroborate.

It can't be the FIL in the video...unless he somehow hightailed it back to central Texas in less than 7 hours (cuz 6pm in Cali is 8pm in Dallas and the perp was onsite at the church at 3am). Simply no way to drive that in 7 hours. And if he flew it would have to be a private plane or charter because commercial would have a record of it.

Was the picture taken at 6pm or posted at 6pm? i'm sure they can confirm that too. but the FIL's wife could be in on it too....post a picture of them in Cali at a time where it seems impossible that the FIL could make it back to Texas in time to be the person in the church.
double aught
AG
I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. There's likely a more straightforward explanation that will be revealed. Just my opinion
MsDoubleD81
AG
I believe you can post a pic and tag a place and not be there....I just checked into San Diego Airport and I'm sitting in my office in Dallas, Tx. Never realized you can do that!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

Was the picture taken at 6pm or posted at 6pm? i'm sure they can confirm that too. but the FIL's wife could be in on it too....post a picture of them in Cali at a time where it seems impossible that the FIL could make it back to Texas in time to be the person in the church.

yes its true you could post it at 6pm and not take it then....but thats why i said it should be also easy to corroborate. there is a 3rd party in that picture. question him. and the golf course where it was taken. check their tee time, credit receipts, etc. ask the pros and staff if and when they saw them, etc. did they eat dinner after if so where again a trail of credit card receipts and witnesses.

or if you find the teem time was much earlier and the picture simply posted later well hmmmm... and if no witnesses saw them later and no credit receipts for dinner or whatever.....

again it's their alibi but it should be easy to corroborate. if it is not then you got a suspect.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I believe you can post a pic and tag a place and not be there....I just checked into San Diego Airport and I'm sitting in my office in Dallas, Tx. Never realized you can do that!

i addressed that mostly above. yes that can be done but the photo is on a golf course with a 3rd party....should be easy to determine if it was posted later and if thats actually on THAT golf course, etc.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. There's likely a more straightforward explanation that will be revealed. Just my opinion
i agree which is why i'm pointing out the holes in that theory basically - it would be very easy to disprove.

more likely just they were in on a plan and conveniently out of town.

but to be fair both do travel fairly often, this was an annual fishing trip for the husband apparently for the last 5 years and the FIL and his wife have been bouncing around all over the place. not uncommon for them to be out of town.
mhayden
I think you guys aren't giving the police force much credit if you think they saw a suspect "checked in" on facebook at a certain time/place and immediately removed him from suspicion because of it.

91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
I always thought it was weird how the husband was so public & in front of the cameras right after her murder. He was always so insistent that she was not the target from day 1...was just strange to me.

How did you react when your wife was murdered? (Hint: none of us know how we would react nor do we know what is "normal" because there is no "normal.")

Let's chill on creating suspects and stating really wild speculations here. There will be plenty of time to order the sodium phenobarbital (sp??) later once things come out. Discussion of the known evidence is one thing, but alleging affairs, life insurance, etc. when those facts are totally unknown by people here is a bit irresponsible. If you were in the middle of this and innocent, would you want your children possibly reading posts asserting their mom was banging someone and his wife killed her when neither is likely?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I always think it's ridiculous when people say someone is a suspect because of how they acted in front of the camera. What do you want them to do? Bawl their eyes out 24/7, including when they are giving a press conference/interview? Give me a break.
ursusguy
AG
Been around a lot of murder and kidnapping victims' families, and they all act very differently.
Old School Brother
quote:
I think you guys aren't giving the police force much credit if you think they saw a suspect "checked in" on facebook at a certain time/place and immediately removed him from suspicion because of it.

i was definitely not saying that the police would mark the FIL off the list because of his FB picture. i would be closer to thinking that the FIL is stupid enough to THINK that would mark him off the list.....especially if he has a distinctive walk like that and made no effort to change it when he knew he would be on camera.
mhayden
quote:
quote:

i was definitely not saying that the police would mark the FIL off the list because of his FB picture. i would be closer to thinking that the FIL is stupid enough to THINK that would mark him off the list.....especially if he has a distinctive walk like that and made no effort to change it when he knew he would be on camera.
Yeah, I got that -- I'm just saying that if the FIL checked into some place out of state during the time of the murder, and the police determined he wasn't actually there (which would be relatively easy to confirm), then this case would be wrapping up already.
hph6203
AG
Guy would have to be high grade stupid to kill someone while wearing riot gear, get blood soaked through to a woman's shirt that he was wearing under it, then decide that the bloody shirt was so valuable that he needed to take it to a dry cleaner in the area to have it cleaned.

Not saying the FIL didn't do it, but a dog getting blood on a shirt in conjunction with the murder is a far more believable story than him taking the murder evidence to a third party for cleaning rather than torching it. People's level of stupid regularly shocks me though, so who knows.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Taking the shirt to the cleaners could be a diversion, so if anyone (other than the cops) sees blood anywhere else they'll just think "it's from the dog".
bco2003
AG
A few more details

quote:
The 45-year-old fitness instructor found dead at a Midlothian church last month, had "multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest," according to a search warrant obtained by KXAS-TV (NBC5).

Terri "Missy" Bevers was found unresponsive in the Creekside Church of Christ on April 18. She died of a head wound. The warrant, issued late April 19 and obtained by NBC5 on Tuesday, stated that Bevers' wounds "are consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."

The warrant states the suspect, who was wearing a black helmet, balaclava and vest with "police" on it, was "walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through office."

Police have released surveillance footage that shows the suspect in tactical gear walking throughout the church and swinging what looks like a large hammer. Police indicated that the tool was found near Bevers' body along with other tools from the church, NBC5 reported.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Ugh. What a terrible crime. Really hope they catch the ******* soon.
proc
AG
Not sure any murder for hire would use the claw end of a hammer. That is some serious hate, or serious mental illness.

The killer was sloppy and surely made a mistake somewhere.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Taking the shirt to the cleaners could be a diversion, so if anyone (other than the cops) sees blood anywhere else they'll just think "it's from the dog".

I really didn't get a guilty vibe from the husband or the dad. Just a couple of goobers that shouldn't be talking to the press.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
http://www.kcentv.com/story/31902496/new-warrants-target-linkedin-phone-records-in-bevers-murder

Getting really interesting. Target numbers, suspect, marital issues.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
Phone records already examined by police detail an "ongoing financial and marital struggle" between Bevers and her husband.

"A portion of these messages (as well as deleted messages) recovered indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified 'Target Numbers,'" a warrant reads.
can someone translate this?
Diet Cokehead
AG
Very poorly written article. I don't really understand the "target numbers" thing either.
Ag for Life
AG
My assumption is target numbers means numbers that appear a lot on her phone records. If an affair was in progress I'm sure there were lots of calls and texts. I agree that this article needs major editing
aggielostinETX
AG
Sounds to me they are comparing who was switching towers that morning to who has contacted about 8 people in her circle.
ac04
seems clear to me that target numbers = "phone numbers of interest"
3rd Generation Ag
AG
It also sounds like they might be investigating a for hire murder.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.