Metroplex
Sponsored by

The Bevens murder in Midlothian

124,319 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They are extremely similar. I can only assume the cops locked down the validation of the alibi.
Comeby!
Gil Renard
AG
Wow that's eerie similar. Who is that again?
aggie_wes
AG
Pretty sure that's her father-in-law.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I still think it was him.
Gil Renard
AG
God the walk is so close. Ugh. So frustrating
MsDoubleD81
AG
But according to Facebook he was in California!!
walton91
Didn't the PD say that based on the video the suspect was thought to be something like 5'3"-5'7" or something like that? That guy seems bigger than that
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
He was not only in California he was there with his wife and posted a pic from a golf course there with a third person.

Should be fairly easy to corroborate he was there or not. Credit card receipts. Tee time reservation. Dinner and hotel reservations and receipts. Not to mention finding the third person who was named.

Now he was there about 5pm if it is legit. That's 7pm central time and about 9 hours from when the perp arrived at the church. Getting from southern cal to texasnin that time would take an airplane. And not commercial. That leaves a trail.

So if the Cali alibis is legit her would need help. Assuming he isn't a pilot he needs a plane and a pilot. And would have to fly into Midlothian or some other regional airport. You have to log flight plans so still there would be a trail.

And then you have to fly back to maintain the alibis. And the wife and third party would have to be in on it and helping cover his timeframe. And they would have to hold up to police scrutiny too.

It's really really a long shot.

I have to assume that alibis would already have been disproven or validated.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
He was not only in California he was there with his wife and posted a pic from a golf course there with a third person.

Should be fairly easy to corroborate he was there or not. Credit card receipts. Tee time reservation. Dinner and hotel reservations and receipts. Not to mention finding the third person who was named.

Now he was there about 5pm if it is legit. That's 7pm central time and about 9 hours from when the perp arrived at the church. Getting from southern cal to texasnin that time would take an airplane. And not commercial. That leaves a trail.

So if the Cali alibis is legit her would need help. Assuming he isn't a pilot he needs a plane and a pilot. And would have to fly into Midlothian or some other regional airport. You have to log flight plans so still there would be a trail.

And then you have to fly back to maintain the alibis. And the wife and third party would have to be in on it and helping cover his timeframe. And they would have to hold up to police scrutiny too.

It's really really a long shot.

I have to assume that alibis would already have been disproven or validated.

Agree. It isn't like the police haven't seen it too - I'm sure they're all over the alibis and either are working to destroy them or have sufficient proof.

I think it is far more likely that somebody was aware they were on camera and was doing all they could to throw people off than it is somebody was somehow in Cali, with a believable amount of proof, and got back here in a few hours, with nobody knowing to commit this crime.
Comeby!
AG
It would be some movie type of sheet if someone ate a bunch of pizza, studied his walk and carried this out.
Gil Renard
AG
Dateline has done a investigation a month or so ago. Wonder when it airs
Ag In Ok
AG
Agree that his alibi must stand, but why then test his shirt? Was that more for the public or was there a genuine need to test it?
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Agree that his alibi must stand, but why then test his shirt? Was that more for the public or was there a genuine need to test it?

It does raise the question that maybe there's a large enough hole in his alibi timeline (ie where his location could really be confirmed) to leave at least a possibility. But I think the bigger reason is just basic thoroughness. He is close to someone that was murdered and had a bloody shirt. If you dont test it and rule it out, then you are leaving a hole that another suspect's defense team could exploit at trial to raise doubt.
ItsA&InotA&M
The shirt was a women's size XXL
Who did it belong to?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I thought it was his wifee's, the MIL. The dogs at their house fought, one got killed, and she ended up with a bloody shirt.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
really wish someone would fix the title in OP.

It's BEVERS

DannyDuberstein
AG
No wonder it can't be solved. Can't find the right killer if you don't have the right victim
Diet Cokehead
AG
quote:
No wonder it can't be solved. Can't find the right killer if you don't have the right victim
FDT 1999
AG
Any new news? I haven't seen anything. Sure hope this thing hasn't gone cold. Thought they would've arrested someone by now.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Nada.
LSB_2002
AG
I haven't heard anything on this for quite a while!!!!! Would you Detective Gadgets get this thing figured out please????
Gil Renard
AG
Father in law has punch able face
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Still amazed we haven't heard more about a break in this story. Seems like the killer would have made some mistakes along the way.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep, looks like the killer was careful enough and lucky enough to get away with this. Sounds like Missy Bevers was a flirt that engaged in a decent amount of action on the side, so when you factor in how brutal it was, I think the wife/girlfriend scorned theory is most likely. Husband is there getting fit and ends up having a thing (or a perceived thing) with the instructor. Fat angry wife decides to fix that - with a known, easy-to-find way to isolate Bevers. And Bevens too.
Canyon99
Hate to think that this person is sitting next to me in church or that they live down the street. That messed up, son.
Gil Renard
AG
Amazing. Literally got away with murder-unreal
culdeus
AG
I mean you got someone that has giant feet, walks like a duck, and is about 80-100 pounds overweight. If it's a known person to the victim that should tend to narrow it down a bit. Just saying.

Also crazy that this person did this in a 15-20 minute window to do this. What if she ran late that day and a bunch of people were there a bit early for class? Then what?
DannyDuberstein
AG
The volume of people coming thru those classes could make it pretty difficult. If it is a scorned spouse, I'd imagine the husband knows. But ratting out your spouse, exposing yourself as a cheat, etc. is a door that many wont go thru.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
I mean you got someone that has giant feet, walks like a duck, and is about 80-100 pounds overweight. If it's a known person to the victim that should tend to narrow it down a bit. Just saying.

Also crazy that this person did this in a 15-20 minute window to do this. What if she ran late that day and a bunch of people were there a bit early for class? Then what?

You're also making assumptions that the person in the costume didn't know there were cameras and didn't do anything to conceal their identity. If it truly turns out to be somebody that has that gait and is that size, I'll be a bit shocked.

My guess is that if they do solve this, it isn't the slam dunk "arrest the FIL" that everyone initially thought it was.
Ag In Ok
AG
I think they have their primary suspect, but lack evidence. Hard to be a suspect alibi if there is little evidence to begin with.
I have little doubt it was a woman. Crime of passion narrows the list of suspects. I think the investigators know, but can't prove it.
IDAGG
AG
quote:
I think they have their primary suspect, but lack evidence. Hard to be a suspect alibi if there is little evidence to begin with.
I have little doubt it was a woman. Crime of passion narrows the list of suspects. I think the investigators know, but can't prove it.
That's my guess as well. Probably no direct evidence. They could have motive but can't prove opportunity. And I agree with the sentiments here: If the perp gets away with this, that would really suck.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i kinda doubt it.

they would usually bring that person in and try to break them. use their 24 hours without charging them to make them believe they have a strong case and get a confession. say the have a witness or video or someone ratted them out.

and if they did that we would know about it.

unless the person lawyered up real quick and refused to talk at all.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
I think the wife/girlfriend scorned theory is most likely.
Possible? Absolutely. Most likely? I really don't think so. I think too many people have been desensitized on "murder planning" (for lack of a better phrase) by TV and other media. You're assuming that a random woman with (likely) no criminal record plans and executes a murder at least so far in a near perfect fashion. This wife/girlfriend turns into a careful planner with breaking and entering skills, enough preparation skills to not leave a trace of purchased items worn (and used), in some way executes a killing that goes as they'd like (i.e. no bloody victim running out of the church looking for help), and leaves no or very little incriminating evidence behind.

Danny, you and I could spend 5 years planning a murder and we'd still make at least one big mistake. Being alone helps in the planning phase (no one else knows) but hurts in the execution phase as you don't have a backup nor do you have an alibi. So this person was either incredibly lucky (very possible) or incredibly skilled. If the latter, it wasn't a wife/girlfriend.

I haven't read this entire thread, but has anyone considered the possibility that the individual in the video was a decoy and the actual murderer went unseen somehow? The person in the video, if he/she is the killer, did just about everything "right" but conceal themselves (two facts that just seem contradictory), and they don't seem to mind walking around while being taped.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
use their 24 hours without charging them
Texas Penal Code and/or Code of Criminal Procedure citation? Not an expert on Texas criminal law, but I think this is TV and not reality.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.