Metroplex
Sponsored by

The Bevens murder in Midlothian

124,389 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

that totally looks like a woman to me. especially the second video i saw.

if it walks like a duck....
Texas Ag Mom
I also thought it might be a woman but would a woman that is most likely out of shape, wearing a bulky uniform think she could overpower a very fit woman? Of course there is always the element of surprise but she could not guarantee that opportunity would be there. Very sad situation.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i'm assuming they also have video after the murder of the perps exit? that hasn't been released i guess. what about external video?

and do they actually have video of the murder? or are the cameras only in entries/hallways and it took place somewhere else (in a room)?

O'Doyle Rules
AG
PD needs to canvas all internet dealers of tactical gear and provide a list of shipments to the Dfw greater area. The killer will be among those that were shipped to.
lawless89
quote:
PD needs to canvas all internet dealers of tactical gear and provide a list of shipments to the Dfw greater area. The killer will be among those that were shipped to.
You can buy any of that stuff she's wearing on Amazon. Just a simple halloween costume.
ursusguy
AG
Most of the ideas being thrown out have long since been looked at.
DallasAggie0
They released more video:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/129779738-story

After watching that I'm convinced it's a man
Ag In Ok
AG
The gait and touching of the wall in the first clip looks female to me. Very confusing.
Mannerisms.
Gait.
Very confusing.
AgBQ-00
AG
I think it is a guy. Moves like a guy I used to know that was bi polar. Kind of a duck footed limp. Very strange. Would not surprise me if it was a stalking situation
Gil Renard
AG
Dateline is in town I heard on the ticket for this already
Canyon99
Poor structured high school kid with a drug problem is my guess.
proc
AG
I talked with a DPS Sergeant in Ellis County. Even he doesn't know how she was killed. The information was being contained very well.

Today I saw a news update from WFAA that said she died from a head injury, unknown object. I wonder if it was the pry bar the suspect was carrying. Still zero idea why the ATF was involved.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Just reading through this thread and watching the videos gives me a creepy feeling. Not sure why. I think it's a weird guy, but "it" is very weird. Will be fascinating to see where this goes.
3rd Generation Ag
AG

Saw a facebook note that news is now saying she was the target, not a random victim? Anyone see this on a news source?
Aries
I read it yesterday on wfaa.
Gil Renard
AG
Yes. Targeted. Per Muse in the News
MGS
quote:
Yes. Targeted. Per Muse in the News
Yep, and the police just need to talk with Junior Miller. He's got it all figured out.
The Collective
AG
Junior thinks the husband could be involved based on the husband's unusual # of facebook updates confirming he was out of town enjoying life. I say unusual, but I have no idea if it is true and if his activity level really changed over that period of time. As for Junior, it seems pretty weird to state that so emphatically on one of the biggest local radio programs with very little inside knowledge.
Comeby!
AG
He's an idiot.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Junior thinks the husband could be involved based on the husband's unusual # of facebook updates confirming he was out of town enjoying life. I say unusual, but I have no idea if it is true and if his activity level really changed over that period of time. As for Junior, it seems pretty weird to state that so emphatically on one of the biggest local radio programs with very little inside knowledge.
it is a great alibi.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's natural since in so many cases it leads back to the husband. With a targeted murder like this, murder for hire can't come off the table yet.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Is the husband not a suspect?

No, and he's not even close to the body size of the perp. The guy who did it (and its a guy, I would bet serious money on) is fat (about 240-260) with feet that point out at a 45 degree angle. He has very little upper body build and a butt/hips that doesn't stick out much. It is definitely a guy's frame.

The husband is medium tall and somewhat slender. Plus, he has a checked out alibi.

I agree. They might not be that heavy now but I bet they used to be very heavy.

Reminds me of the people on Biggest Loser. They dump a bunch of weight but their frame movement still shows the signs of being way over weight.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
I talked with a DPS Sergeant in Ellis County. Even he doesn't know how she was killed.
Or he could just be telling you that. Not that he doesn't trust you, but when looking up a case for me several years ago, a Dallas Police buddy of mine saw where there was something flagged on the murder case I was inquiring on. He told me initially, "no, I don't know anything..." then a year or so later, emailed me what happened: an alert on the case basically said, "don't tell anyone...," as I think they had information only the suspect would know about and didn't want it released. At the point of the email, they had arrested someone. Ironically, that case was some form of domestic case as well, if I remember right.

Of course, you could be correct and he doesn't know.
aggielostinETX
AG
FIL dropped off shirts with blood... Gonna get two lethal injections from this one.
InternetFan02
AG
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/27/warrant-missy-bevers-father-in-law-dropped-off-bloody-clothing-at-dry-cleaners/?utm_source=TweetDal&utm_medium=twitter

quote:
MIDLOTHIAN (CBSDFW.COM) A search warrant just released by police says the father-in-law of slain fitness instructor Missy Bevers dropped off "shirts that appear to have blood stains on them" at The Dry Clean Super Center of Midlothian.

Randy Bevers told employees at the dry cleaners that the shirt had "animal blood" on it, according to the warrant. The employee told investigators that the shirt looked as if someone attempted to clean it up before dropping it off.

The document says police believe DNA evidence may be present on the bloody shirts.
FincAg
AG
Woah
aggielostinETX
AG
What kind of moron keeps the shirts?
Ag for Life
AG
quote:
What kind of moron keeps the shirts?
No kidding. You go through all the trouble to disguise yourself on camera and you take the bloody shirts to the dry cleaners in the town you committed the murder in? Quite the rocket scientist if he is indeed the killer.
Ag In Ok
AG
If he had the "police" outfit dealt with, he would have dealt with the shirt in the same manner, at the same time. If he had blood on his shirt, he would have ad a lot of blood on the outer wear. I would expect the car to have blood as well.
bco2003
AG
Even if this is legitimately animal blood, how could someone be so idiotic to take the clothing to a dry cleaners with all of the events. Geeze.
DallasAggie0
Well is he fat?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Cursory glance at his FB profile reveals that yes, he is fat.

Also looks like he may have been in San Diego at the time of the murder.
Coppell97
AG
Maybe that whole side of the family was in on this.
InternetFan02
AG
http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/source-bevers-family-says-bloodied-shirt-was-from-dog-fight/156468964

quote:
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas -- Investigators collected shirts, including a women's shirt with blood on it, from a dry cleaner that were dropped off by Randy Bevers, slain fitness instructor Missy Bevers' father-in-law, according to a search warrant affidavit from Midlothian police.

A source with knowledge of the investigation downplayed the significance of the warrant. At this point, investigators do not believe the blood on the clothing is connected to the murder of Missy Bevers.

The source says Randy Bevers' dog got into a fight with another dog. In that process, blood splattered on clothing belonging to Randy Bevers

The veterinarian where Randy Bevers took his dog for treatment has confirmed the story about the dog fight. The source also says Randy Bevers' dog died from its injuries.

"You have to vet the information," the source told us. "You can't take it at face value. Legally, [obtaining a search warrant] is the only way to do that."

Investigators are awaiting the result of DNA testing to be sure the blood does, in fact, belong to an animal.

According to the warrant, an employee at Dry Clean Super Center told police Randy Bevers had told them the shirt -- which is a women's XXL white, long-sleeve shirt -- had animal blood on it. The employee also said it looked as if someone had attempted to clean the shirt before it was dropped off.

proc
AG
The warrant reveals a lot about who the police still suspect.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.