*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,836 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Señor Chang
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think it's worth the effort. This is a game I'm going to play through eventually anyway, so I may as well keep it until it gets patched or just play through now. It honestly isn't that bad on PS4 Pro.
ja86
AG
bbattbq01 said:

ja86 said:

No problems on a pc running ultra settings. Only issue I have is that the scanning mode gets stuck on sometimes.

Caps lock.
ahhhhh.... thanks!
tamusc
AG
Yeah, I have no doubt they'll improve the experience over time, just like they did with Witcher 3.
bbattbq01
AG
ja86 said:

bbattbq01 said:

ja86 said:

No problems on a pc running ultra settings. Only issue I have is that the scanning mode gets stuck on sometimes.

Caps lock.
ahhhhh.... thanks!

I finally figured that out today after reloading so many times due to that "bug".

Kinda stupid... it you push tab after hitting caps lock it should exit you out.
DallasTeleAg
Only true bugs/glitches that get annoying are sometimes, a gun will stop being able to fire. You have to go into a safe zone or a cut scene to reset it. The crashing pretty much is inevitable, every 45min-1hr.

Doing small side quests is definitely fun and a good way to find Iconic weapons. Also, I did a quest where I had to kill a psychokiller, and she is a guarantee Epic drop. I though it was a specific weapon, but game crashed and I had to kill her again and got a different epic. I decided to reload until she dropped an epic rifle-type, which is what I use. Ended up with a badass rifle that can shoot through walls so much faster than the sniper rifle, and does a freak ton of damage. I am wrecking shop now. Just cleared a 3-story gang run club out by pinging everyone through the network and headshooting them through the walls and ceilings.

Some of these Iconic and Epic weapons are freaking crazy. Can't wait to find a legendary.
DallasTeleAg
Also, it is definitely worth the $25K from Vik to buy the Epic cyber mob. Makes hacking and such so much easier.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
For the first 5 hours of gameplay, I think my game crashed 6 times. I now haven't experienced a crash in the last 5 hours or so. I am also noticing significantly less bugs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Azariah
AG
Chase McGuire said:

Not the dev's fault. It's their management and executives making these decisions. They should have delayed the console release. Sounds like PC has its share of issues, but is playable. The console versions sound like an early access game. And the company knew that before selling copies. It's why they didn't allow console reviews.

I have the game on PC. It's not playable for me.
Wildmen03
AG
goodAg80 said:

AustinAg2K said:

I've watched a couple videos on YouTube, and from what I can tell, even on a high end PC you'll hit more than an average number of bugs, but they all seem to be pretty minor and more something to laugh at than ruin your game play.

PS5 looks pretty decent, but not as good as PC. I doubt most console owners will complain about the PS5 version

PS4 is absolute garbage from what I've seen. When there are a lot of NPCs on the screen, it looks like PS3 level graphics.

Really, they should have made this a next gen game only. It would have been pretty good marketing for Sony and Microsoft, too. Right now there really isn't a game on the next gen consoles that really says here's why you need to upgrade. This could be that game.

For me, the game looks pretty cool, but I've pretty much decided there's no way I can play it with young kids in the house. I'll probably have to wait a few years, so hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked by then...
How does it look on older PC's?

I'm currently playing through on a dell laptop with a 1050 in it. It runs fine on high and the laptop is a few years old. About 6-8 hours in and no crashes, only had to reload once or twice.

Tried playing it on an older desktop with a 1030 in it and couldn't get it smooth even at 720p.

I've got my main rig with a 1060 in it that I haven't played it on yet but hopefully soon.
SLAM
There are definitely a lot of Bethesda level bugs and glitches. The best one I have seen is after Act 1 the game broke and my character became invincible with 1 health where getting hit became a visual effect. No idea what was happening but I got shot a million times and couldn't die nor could health items raise my health. Easily one of the strangest bugs I've ever seen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kcka6t/unlock_your_cyberpunk_2077_memory_pool_budget/

If you want to fix framerate issues on your computer, checkout the above link. It will fix a lot of the problems.
BenFiasco14
AG
SLAM said:

There are definitely a lot of Bethesda level bugs and glitches. The best one I have seen is after Act 1 the game broke and my character became invincible with 1 health where getting hit became a visual effect. No idea what was happening but I got shot a million times and couldn't die nor could health items raise my health. Easily one of the strangest bugs I've ever seen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kcka6t/unlock_your_cyberpunk_2077_memory_pool_budget/

If you want to fix framerate issues on your computer, checkout the above link. It will fix a lot of the problems.

I got the "god mode" bug too and it took me a bit to figure it out. My health was stuck at 0 and I just couldn't die. A reboot of the game fixed it
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Wildmen03
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

SLAM said:

I got the "god mode" bug too and it took me a bit to figure it out. My health was stuck at 0 and I just couldn't die. A reboot of the game fixed it
Ditto, there were several times I went "oh, ****" when looking at my health and used the health inhaler, only for it to not budge.
SLAM
BenFiasco14 said:

SLAM said:

I was wondering if I was the only one, it was weird as hell. How in the world did they release this game with bugs like this?

All these people do is walk around and disappear, they may as well not even be in the game at all.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Reading through all of this, I feel very lucky to not have experienced near the level of issues that other people are having. I'm about 11 hours in playing on PC and there's plenty of minor glitches here and there but nothing that makes the game unplayable. Every time I log in, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and my game to start crashing but I'm really enjoying myself so far. To be fair, I had zero preconceived notions one way or the other about this game.
degreedy
AG
I need help.

Purchased on Steam, but now none of my games in Steam will launch. It says its launching game and then opens up the cyberpunk client, but closes down and nothing happens after I click "Play".

None of my other steam games work.

I ended up deleting steam, then reinstalling, but had to go to bed before the game downloaded again.

Anyone else having any issues with Steam?
bluefire579
AG
SLAM said:

BenFiasco14 said:

SLAM said:

I was wondering if I was the only one, it was weird as hell. How in the world did they release this game with bugs like this?

All these people do is walk around and disappear, they may as well not even be in the game at all.
Someone saw the hype, decided they had worked on it long enough, and set the deadline of releasing this year. At the end of it all, I guarantee you they had to look at just about every bug you've seen and make a conscious decision to push it to the patch.
BenFiasco14
AG
I haven't seen anybody disappear. That's probably more a performance issue than a bug.

I did see a car randomly fall from the sky yesterday though
ac04
really want this on PS5 but the horrible reviews have kept me from buying so far. those mostly seem pointed at last gen though, having a hard time finding much about current gen. any of y'all playing on PS5?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
ac04 said:

really want this on PS5 but the horrible reviews have kept me from buying so far. those mostly seem pointed at last gen though, having a hard time finding much about current gen. any of y'all playing on PS5?
Yeah, I am. Nearly stopped playing due to the number of crashes I was experiencing, although that seems to have stopped now, at least for the last 6 hours of gameplay. Bugs and glitches seem to have decreased, as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Geralt of Rivia
S
BadMoonRisin
AG
I have it on PC and even though I have an older graphics card (RX580), it seems to work just fine. I had a glitch one time wehre I couldnt fire my weapon when ADS, and one where I got "stuck" in a conversation, where it just kept giving me the same options about 4 or 5 times, but wow. Its crazy to see some of you arent able to play.

The game is excellent and I have no fear that CD Projekt Red will make things right.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
DallasTeleAg
ac04 said:

Go read my posts.
YNWA_AG
AG
FIDO95
AG
Have you tried to "validate and repair" the game? If you look and your list of games, right click on the game in question and open properties. From there, you should have an options to validate game files. I find that sometimes works for me if something got screwed up following a patch.
degreedy
AG
Yep, done that several times. Everything is validated fine.

Something is screwy with my Steam that I just need to figure out. I'll try it when I get home from work to see how it works since everything has been downloaded again after a fresh uninstall.
SLAM

Almost at pre-crime minority report levels of responsiveness.
degreedy
AG
Dick Winters said:

Yep, done that several times. Everything is validated fine.

Something is screwy with my Steam that I just need to figure out. I'll try it when I get home from work to see how it works since everything has been downloaded again after a fresh uninstall.
The full deletion and fresh download did not fix the issue.

After a night full of searching, I found that there was a Microsoft C+++ corrupted file that was causing the issue. Repaired each instance of the file, now all of my steam games are back up and running.

Even got an hour and a half of Cyberpunk in. Game looks sharp on my PC, but the only bug I've come across is the palm trees/shrubs throughout the map glitch through all areas and can be seen at all times.
fta09
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

nomad2007 said:

Quote:

Police mechanic still pissing me off. I did a mission where I was chasing down a Delamain taxi and it led me to an ambush. I had to replay that fight about 8 times because I kept drifting out of the "combat" area to get cover or I would die in 2 seconds, and the police would get summoned on my. Or a stay bullet would go too far and the police would get summoned to destroy me.

I saved a police officer during an assault, and after i finished off the perps, he turned on me for firing a gun near him.

Aside from that, a few graphical glitches and some performance issues, I still also like the game.

Edit: Also, certain skill trees are totally imbalanced. I was doing over a thousand in damage by the end of the tutorial.

I was doing the Happy Together side quest where you help the former cop who's depressed and quit the Force. I'm outside talking to his two friends who are still cops concerned about him and I guess I moved too close to one of the cops because she went from having a regular conversation with me to drawing her gun and screaming "STEP THE **** BACK" instantly.

Then holstered her gun and continued talking to me normally.
This got lost in all the discussion about bugs, etc., but to me this just sounds pretty realistic given today's political environment.
AgDev01
AG
Anyone else fall into the Obilivion trap of jumping everywhere you go to level up Athletics?
DallasTeleAg
Didn't even think of doing that. Been so long since I played Morrowind/Oblivion.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Now I have
Wildmen03
AG
Just beat my hardest side mission yet. Without going into detail I had to retrieve something from the junkyard area. Every bad guy had a red skull over their heads and just shook me off when I tried to sneak up on them and put them to sleep.

Tried to plow through it it several times before I realized I could just stand slightly out of their range and just snipe them. Took 3-4 shots each but they never chased at me, just shot from afar.

I felt bad cheaping my way through it, but whatever.
DallasTeleAg
Looking forward to them fixing the crashes. It's starting to feel like I'm crashing every 45 minutes or so.

Other than that, I am still really enjoying the game. I like how you can upgrade your weapons, though I would prefer a little better mechanic.

You use materials from breaking down other gear to then upgrade or craft weapons. However, with the speed at which you level, there is no way to find enough gear to upgrade Epic gear. Therefore, I am basically stuck doing quests for cash to then just buy the components I need. I always hate having to actually purchase things in RPG's. I think it is more fun to receive what I need as quest rewards or as drops in a "dungeon". I still technically could, but my weapons would quickly become inadequate. I have an epic power rifle that is so freaking good and a rare/iconic sub-machine gun that burns the crap out of people. However, I am always strapped for cash because I have to keep upgrading those and my sniper rifle, to keep up with the baddies.

I just think it would be more rewarding to find enough gear to upgrade one level after 2 or 3 quests.

Also, I got extremely lucky from the start of the game to find a pair of rare pants that had a legendary mod that added 15% crit chance. I just keep upgrading that because that mod is so freaking amazing. At level 20 crafting, I will be able to break it down and get the mod back.
BenFiasco14
AG
I got on an AV and flew around the city

AgDev01
AG
one thing I do like about the game is the death/flatline mechanic. Its interesting to kill someone but not have really killed them unless you walk up to them and put a bullet in their skull.

That being said its almost like you are forced into playing a Paragon role (to steal from Mass Effect) in a lot of cases. There was one side quest i did where i had to extract a target who was trying to save a patient. I wanted to just shoot the patient to solve it instead of going through the motions but it literally wouldn't let me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.