*****Cyberpunk 2077*****

38,291 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Señor Chang
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow…if all that is true, that QA company really tanked their reputation.

Regarding the game itself. I bought it on sale for the Series X a couple of months ago after reading their last patch fixed a lot of issues. I found it to be a really great game with a cool and unique backdrop. Still ran into a few bugs, mostly lighting glitches, but nothing a save and reload wouldn't fix. I'm hoping CDPR continues more development on itDLC or a sequel.
Tabasco
AG
Dang! Thanks for the video. That's crazy. I too bought the game after the big bug fix and am really liking it.
Eliminatus
AG
So overall, what would yall say is the state of the game right now?
Tabasco
AG
Eliminatus said:

I would say fully fixed (I don't mean 100%, no game is). I think I have only seen one visual glitch where I guy I killed was halfway into the asphalt, but in the developer's defense, I threw a lot of firepower his way. Really fun game that grows on you the deeper you get. I was not sold until a couple of hours in. Now it's my main and I'm not sure how many hours I have in it.

Edit to add: I did find and utilize a game exploit after the Feb 2022 patch where, when you kill someone, instead of looting them, throw them in a dumpster, run 12 steps away, double back, and the loot bag will be floating about the dumpster. Run another 12 steps, return, loot reappears repeat. I did this two or three times for those Crime in Progress pop-up things, and there is usually one character that has a lot of eddies (1-2K). I did this because I usually like to be overpowered and hate being in-game poor. Not for everybody, but it fits me. Not sure if they have patched it yet or not. I will try and check later tonight.
DallasTeleAg
Eliminatus said:

It's definitely "fixed" as much as an open world game like this can be. However, there were many promises made over the course of development that were never actually implemented. Things like a public transit system and other things you can see the skeletons of, in game, but they were never actually part of the final release.

I personally wish a game like this was more vertical. There are several buildings you go into for quest reasons, and there are several rooftops you get on top of for small gang areas. However, most of the city is just ground level. Why have such a massive and impressive city if you can't add more verticality to the game? Have more events between the gangs and law enforcement in buildings, or more generated quests that send you into these buildings as a merc.

Those are the kinds of things I wish they had in this game. I love open world games because I love exploring new areas and finding cool stuff. I like there to be small rewards at the end of "dungeons". I like how many of Crime reported places reward you with Skill points or skill experience boots, but wish there were more of those or upgrades for weapons or cosmetics.

I also wish the game scaled a little better, or at least offered some added difficulty in certain areas. Once you get to around level 35, as long as you didn't spread all your points around all the skills, you can pretty much wreck most situations on the hardest difficulty. Quickhacks and netrunner abilities are hella powerful. I can basically neutralize an entire enemy camp by netrunning.

As I said, I love the dopamine hit I get from exploring new areas and finding littler rewards for my time and effort. I wish this game gave me more of that, but all in all, I think it is a good game. The story is definitely engaging, and there is plenty to do in the world for many hours of gameplay.
DallasTeleAg
Just put points in crafting. You have all the money you could ever need, much faster, and you also get all the other perks from crafting. I just go to any gun vendor, buy all the materials, make around 12-20 legendary sniper rifle that sell for $2,100 each, and profit.
Tabasco
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Just put points in crafting. You have all the money you could ever need, much faster, and you also get all the other perks from crafting. I just go to any gun vendor, buy all the materials, make around 12-20 legendary sniper rifle that sell for $2,100 each, and profit.

Would cost me most of my points and I wanted a boost from the beginning. I hear what you are saying, but I could get 100k in 20 min as a noob with no point cost. I only did it a couple of times at the beginning, and haven't since because I haven't needed to.

Btw, exploit has not been patched as of this post

Tabasco
AG
That bag was above a car trunk I just dumped a body in just to test.
Tabasco
AG
And to add, bc I just tested out of curiosity thinking about efficiency. I just did several trials after looting bags. Sprinting (L3 hold) a d counting the footsteps, stopping at 9 and returning in a straight line does not work, but 10 does, so that is the line. This is infinite of course, just of someone wants to use it.
Eliminatus
AG
Thanks all , probably gonna pick it up now
jr15aggie
AG
I really enjoyed it on Series X. Mostly because it was fantastic running around in a Blade Runner-ish setting. Anytime I found a really cool section of the city I would just walk around and take it all in for a while.

The game runs "well" at this point (performance mode all the way... relatively stable 60 fps most of the time)... the main issue is it lacks the polish of a GTA game so it feels hollow sometimes. It's more comparable to a Watch Dogs game in that regard... not terrible, but some of the elements are wonky if you stray off the path and treat it like a sandbox.

But I had a great time, just finished the main story line a couple weeks ago. Also did most of the side quests which were probably the best part of the game.
Vince Blake
Expansion announced:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45460/announcing-cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty
Vince Blake
The Cyberpunk 2077 inspired anime series dropped on Netflix last week. Its pretty damn good. Not Castlevania level, but close. The production team takes some liberties, but for the most part it is stoutly beholden to the source material.

The game itself is at its peak after this last patch. Don't think I've come across any noticeable glitches or bugs. It feels like they added a lot more NPCs to the backdrop giving the city more life. My favorite part of the game is just the way Night City looks. One of the very few games I refuse to fast travel.
DallasTeleAg
I'll have to jump back in and complete the main quest.
KidDoc
AG
Cool about the DLC! I finished this a few months ago on PC and loved it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
It may be about time for me to jump back in and finish this. I stopped playing about a month in.
nomad2007
AG
Just finished a hard run.

Technical and reflex focused, run and gun with handguns and spamming epic homing frag grenades that I crafted hundreds of...

Sandevistan operating system with heal on kill implant.

Almost made it too easy. Want to try a fist only build next.
NoHo Hank
AG
A year and a half later, how's this game running on xbox? There been a lot of improvements to it since launch?
jr15aggie
AG
NoHo Hank said:

A year and a half later, how's this game running on xbox? There been a lot of improvements to it since launch?
Runs fantastic on the Series X. 60FPS mode all the way. It's a very nice looking game at night with the city lights and the rain. And from what I can tell, the framerate is pretty stable... but I worth noting that I have a TV with VRR capabilities so it's possible that tech is doing its job and I just don't notice the frame issues that might be there.
Cappo
AG
Game is just incredible now that I'm finally getting around to playing
Vince Blake
This looks awesome
Prime0882
AG
Vince Blake said:

This looks awesome

I was pretty excited for this when it released, but realized it was going to follow the same pattern as every other CD Project Red game before it - it'll take until an expansion (Witcher 3) or the directors cut (Witcher 1 & 2) to really be great.

Looking forward to finally playing this the first time come the version 2.0 release.
DallasTeleAg
I played through just about everything available about a year ago. Will have to come back after I eventually finish with Starfield.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
My problem with Cyberpunk is that there is so much to do and not enough story or character progression to keep you interested in doing it all. Once I start feeling like a god, it's hard to stay interested, and it's pretty easy to feel like a god quickly if you build your character the right way.

Had similar issues with AC Valhalla. I never change difficulty from default, but imo, default difficulty should be moderately challenging all the way through.
jr15aggie
AG
Is there a trick to earning chunks of cash in this game? On my first play through I completed the game and did a hefty amount of side quests and I really couldn't afford more than 1 additional property and maybe an extra car or two.

Most of the loot I got was via missions, secret chests, and crafting. Definitely felt like I missed something or was doing something wrong because, based on other games currency/rewards system, I should have been raking in the dough.
DallasTeleAg
Definitely Not A Cop said:

My problem with Cyberpunk is that there is so much to do and not enough story or character progression to keep you interested in doing it all. Once I start feeling like a god, it's hard to stay interested, and it's pretty easy to feel like a god quickly if you build your character the right way.

Had similar issues with AC Valhalla. I never change difficulty from default, but imo, default difficulty should be moderately challenging all the way through.

Lol... no one should complain about difficulty if you refuse to increase the game difficulty.
zip04
AG
Purchased this over the weekend in preparation for the 2.0 update and Phantom Liberty. Still really enjoying Starfield, but this looked too good to miss out on, even after the rough launch.
Tex117
AG
zip04 said:

Purchased this over the weekend in preparation for the 2.0 update and Phantom Liberty. Still really enjoying Starfield, but this looked too good to miss out on, even after the rough launch.
I was playing Starfield and it just made me want to play this expansion more.

I played Cyberpunk last year, and really like it. With these changes, I think it may be a truly great game.
zip04
AG
All I have left before the expansion releases is to do the epilogue. I got the Panam ending. Really good game that I could see myself playing through again as a different character.

Starfield is a lot of fun as well, but one I will just continue on NG+ rather than starting a completely new play through.

Edit to to say I got bored of Starfield after starting NG+, switched and never looked back.
jr15aggie
AG
Looking forward to starting over again... feels like I missed a ton and there were things I didn't do right the first go round. The 2.0 update will be fun to run through and there's a good chance I'll do the DLC as well.

Will probably be a little while before I can get to it though... got plenty to do in Starfield and I just picked up Resident Evil Village for my annual October/Halloween themed game.
cr0wbar
AG
Picked up the base game for $20 on the steam sale on PC. Really enjoying it. This is technically my first dip into CD Projeckt - I tried Witcher 1 and was pretty turned off with it.

I think I was hoping Starfield would play like this - I got about ~10 hours into Starfield and dropped in several weeks back. Hopefully they patch/update it to get it more playable ala 2077
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
jr15aggie said:

Looking forward to starting over again... feels like I missed a ton and there were things I didn't do right the first go round. The 2.0 update will be fun to run through and there's a good chance I'll do the DLC as well.

Will probably be a little while before I can get to it though... got plenty to do in Starfield and I just picked up Resident Evil Village for my annual October/Halloween themed game.

Me too, I actually never finished it after I figured out I had screwed myself out of the completionist ending. Will try it again when I've finished beating Elden Ring.
G.I.Bro
Just got this today, went through first little intro mission and some tutorials. Beautiful game
Señor Chang
AG
Just started playing this on PS5. Really enjoying it so far. What's the best strategy for allocating the skill points?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.